Struggling Heart...

Can I Call You Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeju Private Hospital

Intensive Care Unit

Jinri's POV

I put the disposable mask on my face and step inside of the ICU.I walked towards bed B where Minho was laying unconciously.I nodded in acknowledgement to the nurses and resident doctor that I came across while walking.Gripping the handle of the glass door,I shed my tears away with my free hand and entered inside of the room.My heart fell on the floor as I looked at my husband's condition----critically ill with articifial airway inserted from his mouth and down to his trachea,the artificial tube was connected to a machine called ventilator to assist and support his breathing.My eyes went up and saw a TV size cardiac monitor that was attached to the wall,the said equipment help to monitor his heart rate,ECG rhythm,respiratory rate and oxygen level in his blood.Its been three days since that tragedy happened and for three days I haven't slept nor eat properly.I'm in deep state of distress and apprehension.After the shooting incident,Taemin immediately rushed Minho to the hospital.When I first heard the shocking news,I thought Taemin was just joking because my mind refused to believe that its possible although prior to the said incident,I already had an odd feelings after Soojung told me about her appa's threat against Taemin.I was crying hysterically on our way to the hospital.From emergency room,Minho was transferred to operating room to remove the single bullet that penetrated on his back.The surgeon succesfully removed the bullet but sadly, Minho's condition was uncertain.Doctors explained to me that the bullet hit the lumbar area of his spinal cord that made his life hang by a thread.He was transferred to ICU for a closer monitoring.Taemin told me yesterday that the hired killer was arrested few hours after he shot Minho and Soojung's appa was also arrested as the mastermind.They are now serving their time behind bars.

I step closer and held his hand,my eyes are glazed with tears as I looked at him."Oh my poor husband..."I kissed and placed his hand on my cheek."Please wake up Minho.I cannot live without you...."a painful sob escape into my mouth."We still have a long way to go my husband,you must fulfill your promise that you will never leave me no matter what the circumtances are...you must fullfill your promise that we will live a happy life together with our children...you must fullfill your promise me that we will grow old together while watching our children and grandchildren and you promise me that we will die together"I kissed his hand over and over again while crying endlessly.

Taemin and Soojung remained standing near the doorway,both wearing a sad expression on their faces.

"This is all my fault Tae,things like this won't happen if I did not come with you"Soojung said,her heart is filled with guilt and regret.

Taemin deeply looked at his fiancee,his heart is also filled with guilt and grief but he's trying his best to stay strong for Jinri."I told you many times to stop blaming yourself."he sighed."You have no idea how hard it is to me to look at hyung's comatose condition but I believe that he'll survive this ordeal"he said in a croaked voice.He closed his eyes and quietly uttered a prayer."Dear God,please save my hyung..I love him so much..."he bend his head as tears started dripping from his eyes."Minyoung,appa...please save hyung's life..I will forever live in misery and regret if he leave me and Jinri...please save

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter