Aching Heart...

Can I Call You Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten Years Ago...

Jeju Island

Choi's Mansion

A smiling Minho burst in the door and bolted into her omma's loving arms.

"How's school son?"Young Ae adoringly asked whille ruffling his hair.

Minho grinned and showed her his report card.She held the report card and looked at it.

"Wow!my son got high grades"her eyes shines with admiration."I'm so proud of you"she embraced him again.

"Omma,you promise me that if I got high grades you'll buy me the latest Gundam robot  we saw last month at the mall"

She innocently laughed."Did I say that?"

He pouted."Omma!"he folded his arms.

Young Ae threw a glance to the window.Its been raining heavily of snow that day,the whole Jeju province was covered with snow and it is zero degrees outside.People chose to stay at home than to go out because it's dangerous to travel in the slippery curve road,every year reports of vehicular accidents happened due to the thick snow and slippery road.

She sighed deeply and put her hands on his shoulders."Can we buy your robot tomorrow?Taemin and appa will arrive tomorrow from Seoul.After we fetch them we will go straight to the mall.What do you think baby?"

Dissapointment registered on his face."But omma,I want that robot now..."he said sulking.His big brown eyes brimmed with tears.

She felt a tugging pain in her heart upon seeing his sad expression."All right,we'll go now"she submitted.

Minho's face quickly brightened."Yes!!!"he jumped in joy and kissed her cheek.

"I'll just get my coat in the room okay"

 

Young Ae the car stereo before starting the ignition.A classic song titled "Smile" is playing on the radio.....

smile,though your heart is aching...

smile,even though its breaking...

when there are clouds in the sky...

you'll get by...

if you smile with your fear and sorrow...

smile and maybe tomorrow...

you will find that life is still worthwhile...

if you just...

smile...

YoungAe happily sang along to the classic song while driving.Minho amusingly watch her from his seat.

"Omma,you love that song right?I always hear you singing that song in the shower"he said grinning.

She pinched his cheek."Because its a lovely song son.We should always smile and be happy"she the wiper as the thick snow kept falling on the windshield.

"I'll always make you smile omma"he sweetly said

She glanced at him."That is so sweet baby"

Minho stuck his tounge and rolled his eyes upward."Omma look at my face"

Young Ae giggled at his son's goofyness."Stop it,you're making me laugh so hard"

But Minho didnt stop,he made some funny faces and Young Ae couldn't help looking at him while driving at the curved road.They were laughing inside the car that she failed to notice a ten wheeler truck in front of them.She maneuvered the wheel to the left to avoid colliding to the truck but because of the slippery road the car bumped to a pick up truck and it was late to prevent the collision.

The car was sandwiched in between the ten wheeler truck and the pick up truck....

 

 

Ten Years Later...

Mapo District,Seoul

Jinri's POV

I climed down on the bus and bowed politely to the bus driver.I walked to the street of Mapo thinking about the first thing I will do this coming summer vacation.Today is the last day of class and I'm happy because I was able to pass all the subjects with flying colors.I waved my hands to the familar faces in my neighborhood.Some of them smiled at me while others just ignored my greetings.Well its all right since I'm in a good mood today.

My eyes suddenly glowed when something came up in my mind."Right!I'll go home to Busan and spend the whole summer with halmoni"I said.Its been eight months since I last saw grandma and I dearly missed her.

My two feet stop from walking when I saw the silver Audi that was parked in front of our house.I already knew the owner of the car---Mr.Choi Minsik...my omma's boyfriend.They started going out last month,at first I was against it but I had no power to retaliate since my omma-- Jeon Do Yeon and I were not close ever since they adopted me when I was five years old.My real parents died from a vehicular accident in Busan.My adopted late appa,Jeon In Pyo was my real appa's bestfriend and he volunteered to adopt me since my grandma was already old and she's not financially capable of giving me a good life and education unlike my adopted parents.

My omma Jeon Do Yeon immediately gave me a cold treatment from the very first day I came into their lives.It was only appa who gave me the love and affection that a little child need.When appa goes to work,Do Yeon beats me and said insulting words against me.There were also some  instances that she got jealous because of appa's attention

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter