BONUS: Happy Halloween

Baby Oh Sehun

The plot line of this chapter does not relate to the previous chapters. There might be mentions of this chapter in the future but it's not guaranteed. Happy Halloween, everyone (: Please include your favorite candy in the comments ^^  I hope you liked this bonus~


Sehun's eyes snapped open at exactly five minutes earlier than he was expected to be up at. Autumn had arrived and the sun was still struggling to break free from its slumber. The house wasn't quiet but it was filled with chatter of his parents and the taps in the washroom could be heard running as Seyeon washed her face. The baby got off his bed and left the blankets in a messy heap as he paddled down the stairs to the kitchen. His father was the first to greet the only son when he sat down.

The date on the calendar read October 30th, just one days before the event that Sehun had been looking forward to ever since he heard Mrs.Shin talk about it and helped the other kids put up decorations around the room of their daycare. To celebrate the holiday, Kris had even drew a Halloween inspired picture and hung it up beside all of his other pictures. 

"Sehunnie don't know what Sehun wants to be yet." Sehun sighed as he picked up a large spoonful of rice. 

The conversation was cut short when Mrs.Oh rushed her son to finish his food so he wouldn't be late for the daycare. 

- ♥ - 

The mass of body of kids five and under sat huddled together as they discused their Halloween plans. 

"Baekhyun and I are going around our neighborhood," Chanyeol spoke up. "I'm gonna be Santa Clause." He beamed at everyone. 

"It's not Christmas though," Zitao looked over in confusion at the taller. 

Chanyeol shrugged and before he could make a remark, his good friend Baekhyun jumped in, "Guess what I'm going to be," he announced. Once Baekhyun gave everyone a minute and no one blurted out a guess, he continued on, "I'm going to be a wolf. My parents bought me a wolf costume and everything already. I'm going to have paint on my face and I'll look really ferocious." 

Murmures of amusement floated around the room at the new information. 

"I wanted to be a wolf too, but my parents couldn't find me an outfit." Jongdae spoke up. 

"So what are you then?" 

Jongdae grinned before he answered, "I'm going to be a troll. I convinced my parents to let me change my hair color to orange and I already got my costume." 

Soon costume ideas were being exchanged and the chatter was lively and enthusiastic until Zitao's words came out of his mouth, 

"I'm gonna be a cheerleader." 

Silence filled the room while Mrs.Shin chuckled to herself lightly at her desk. Minseok was the first to recover from the initial shock to ask the question everyone was wondering, "What?" 

"I'm going to be a cheerleader. I already ask my grandmother and she said she'll find me a costume. I'm going to cheer for everyone's costumes tomorrow." The kid smiled happily, displaying his small teeth. 

Another moment of silent passed as each kid tried to imagine their friend Zitao in a pink and white cheerleading outfit with pompoms on his hand as he jumped up and down. 

"Aren't those for girls?" Luhan questioned. 

"No! I have a really cute one." He argued. 

Throughout the whole day, more conversations were revolving around the following day and what kind of candies were their favorites, which kinds they didn't like, if they were willing to trade, and of course, a description of their costumes to one another. Sehun had been approached with this topic of costumes but the kid shook his head and kept quiet and told everyone it was a secret. 

The persona of a self composed boy Sehun was during the daycare shattered once he stepped foot into his mom's car and the loud voice rang clear once he closed the door. 

"Mom! Sehunnie doesn't have a costume and Mrs.Shin said that we could wear ours tomorrow and Sehun wants to wear one too!" The baby cried. 

Seyeon looked over to her baby brother beside her who was sitting in his booster seat with the seatbelt placed over his chest and arms crossed over them. "Sehun, I have one you can wear." 

"But Sehunnie wants own!" 

Mrs.Oh rolled her eyes before peering at her son through the rear view mirror, "Well you should have thought of that before you shot down all the costume ideas we gave you. We even took you to five different places to find costumes but they were either "not comfortable" or "not pretty" or "it doesn't feel right. It doesn't scream 'Sehunnie'. Anyone could wear it and Sehunnie needs to be special", so I guess you can be special and just be Sehun for Halloween." 

Sehun frowned deeply at his mother's words. 

Once they arrived home that night Sehun didn't bother bringing up his costume deliema to his father who would only sympathize with him and can't do anything further. It was true that Mrs.Oh did drive Sehun all around town to go visit costume shops and spend hours waiting for him to try the outfits on only to have him say "next" to her. Dinner went by in a blur as Sehun hardly touched his food and getting scold for the lack of attention to his nutrition. The whole family kept quiet today during the table with small exchanges of "how was work" between the parents and a brief summary of Seyeon's day. Once the topic came around go Sehun, the boy looked up at his parents with his eyebrows creased in the middle and a glaring scowl on his  face.

Instead of hopping onto the couch between his parents for the TV time with his family, Sehun opted to stay in his room and sulk instead. He went through his drawers and pulled out the old Scooby Doo costume from the back of his closet to try on. The zipper could not meet in the middle of his chest anymore and the cuffs of the leg holes went from the original spot around his ankles to the middle of his shin. 

Seyeon popped her head into the room as she was returning from her bedroom next door to Sehun's and saw the kid frown at his reflection in the body sized mirror. 

"That's a little small for you," she commented. "You could always use mine from last year. It should fit you." 

Seyeon also tagged along with Sehun and their mother on Sehun's costume safari but she was much easier to please and not as picky so she sported herself a pink super girl outfit. Sehun had tried on the superman one but considered how it was too mainstream and there would probably be millions of kids dressed as that on Halloween day. 

Sehun remembers what Seyeon was last year and refused to wear it. 

- ♥ -

The following morning had been imprinted crystal clear in Sehun's mind forever from the very first minute he woke up to the tears streaming down his face until the wide eyes and dropped jaws from the kids at the daycare. 

"What are you wearing?" Baekhyun spoke first as he was the fastest to collect himself. 

This was a horrible idea, Sehun thought and ridiculed himself for not putting up a stronger fight earlier. Sehun had thought that he perhaps wouldn't be the laughingstock considering Zitao and him were on the same boat as cross dressers but his fellow buddy has betrayed him when the Chinese kid stumbled out of the car in a fluffy and absolutely adorable Panda mascot outfit instead of the skirt and tank and bubble gum pink pompoms Sehun was expecting. 

He scanned his eyes down his own costume that he borrowed from Seyeon since Sehun refused to leave the house in his regular overalls and a graphic tee under. He had thought that costume was better than no costume. It was a day for dressing up so he might have been able to get away with dressing as a girl for once. 

The kids at the daycare didn't seem to care what day it was anymore as they continued to stare at Sehun who was wearing the blue skirt and white top with the with a single plastic heart jewel bedazzled in between the bow on his chest, not to include the twin blonde pigtails wig he had on. He had knee high socks on inside of his pink boots but those were left out on the shoe rack. Sehun had complained how the inside of the boots felt alien on his legs so his mother had slipped Seyeon's knee highs on him before leaving the house. 

Jongdae with his unruly, sprayed orange, gravity defying, hair sticking straight up pushed forward and asked Sehun a question he couldn't deny, 

"Are you supposed to be Sailor Moon?" 

Mrs.Shin thought now was the time to come forward before Sehun broke down in tears and cried for his mother to come back and take him home. "Sehun is so cute! I really like your costume. Here's some candy for the adorable outfit, Sehun." Mrs.Shin reached into her large orange Halloween theme bowl between her left arm and hip and handed Sehun a plastic bag filled with different types of candies inside. 

At the sight of candy, the other kids immediately dismissed the knowledge as Sehun wearing a girls' costume and crowded the candy holder. 

Youngest of the Chinese placed the Panda head of his costume on and asked, "Isn't mine cute too, Mrs.Shin?" As he tugged on the long sleeve of the advisor's Harry Potter cloak. 

Yixing came running in late when Mrs.Shin handed Kris, the ever so patient Pirate his candy. He was wrapped in tin foil from head to toe and even had rolled up pieces stuck on the top of his head.

"I'm supposed to be an Alien, before anyone asks." He spoke calmed before walking over to Mrs.Shin for his goodie bag.

Why didn't Sehun think of that? He thought glumly as he sat on the lady bug bean bag pillow beside Luhan. 

The oldest Chinese kid was dressed to kill the non existent costume contest going on. Luhan had came dressed in a Peter Pan outfit. A full fledge Peter Pan costume. He had the tattered green outfit, the green hat with the red feather, the brown boots and even some shimmer highligher on his cheek bones and bridge of his nose to give off a luminous glow to his features. His hair had been dyed a warmer, lighter brown with very distinctive orange hue and the hair was styled the same as Peter Pan's since his hair had grown out. 

"Sehun, are we still going trick or treating together tonight?" Luhan pulled the younger to him and held him in his arms as Sehun pouted. 

The baby nodded his head and hugged Peter Pan back. "Luhannie's outfit is so cool, while Sehun's is for girls." the kid mumbled sadly. 

Luhan Sehun's hair as he kept quiet, not wanting to lie and not wanting to admit it in case it made Sehun feel more down than he already was. 

- ♥ -

Before the kids were leaving for the day, Mrs.Shin had asked one of the first parents that arrived to take pictures of the kids along with her in front of the day care. Joonmyun's Vampire outfit was still nearly in place, exactly as he came in the morning. Minseok had taken off his pumpkin costume half way through the day when it was difficult to play in but put it back on for the pictures. Jongin's cat ears were on backwards but that didn't seem to be a problem when Chef Kyungsoo fixed them for him. Mrs.Shin smiled as she looked over the group photos and showed the parents who wanted to see the candid shots she took of the kids while they were playing. 

Once Mrs.Lu showed up, Sehun was extremely confused. Luhan was supposed to commute back to Sehun's house with him and his mother but instead Luhan's mother came to pick him up. 

"Lulu's not coming over anymore?" Sehun's eyes shined the way it did when he was extremely upset and was ready to cry. "Why?"

Luhan hugged his best friend and whispered into the kid's ear that his mom would drop him off later. Sehun still has his frown present on his face but the thought wasn't as terrible as Sehun had anticipated. Luhan canceling his plans with him was something that would most likely crush his Halloween spirit forever. 

Much to Sehun's enjoyment, Luhan rang the door bell right before he was about to sit down on the chair for dinner. Sehun had sprited to the door faster than anyone had seen him run and waited impatiently for his father to follow behind.

"Hi, Lulu!" Sehun screamed as he tackled the taller kid. 

Mr.Oh was left standing at the door to discuss details of the night with Mr and Mrs.Lu who came to drop their son off at the Ohs before leaving. Sehun was ecstatic about having Luhan going with him and Seyeon this year instead of Jongin who although was only a few months older, had way more energy and often pushed Sehun and would beat the other to ring on the door bell or knock. Plus, who needs Jongin when he already made plans with Kyungsoo this year, Sehun thought.

"Luhan, come have dinner with us before we all go out."  Mrs.Oh waved the young boy over as she got up to get another set of utensils for him. 

Happy about trying a homemade Korean dinner for once, he dropped his backpack by the feet of the stairs and came forward, and accepted humbly. "Thank you so much, Mrs.Lu." Said the boy as he sat beside Sehun.

Dinner flew by with Luhan still in his sweatpants and a large hoodie. The Chinese kid had picked up the pieces of kimchi before taking a sip of water that Mr.Oh was generous enough to offer him once Luhan subtly grabbed at his throat at the unfamiliar strong taste after the first bite. 

Thanking the family once he was finished with the fruits Mrs.Oh set out, Luhan hopped off the chair to go up to Sehun's room with him while the parents did the dishes as they all waited for the sky to get darker. 

"I like your bed better than mine, Sehunnie." Luhan commented as he sat on it. 

Sehun giggled from beside him, "Luhan said that last time too." 

"It's because I do. It's so much more comfortable and it smells really good, smells like you, Sehun." Luhan made his point by stuffing his nose into the covers and inhaled loudly. 

Sehun moved to lay down beside Luhan. He had changed into his pajamas when he arrived home and wasn't too keen on changing back into the Sailor Moon outfit that Seyeon outgrew. 

"Luhan, where is Peter Pan?" Sehun asked once he turned over to observe the sweatpants and hoodie. 

Luhan turned his face away from the covers and to look Sehun in the eyes. "I didn't want to be Peter Pan anymore." 

"Who are you then?" 

Before Sehun could answer, Mrs.Oh knocked on the door with Luhan's backpack in her hands. "Are we going to get changed to go Trick-or-Treating?" She smiled at the kids.  

Sehun's face had hesitation written all over it while Luhan gleamed and ran forward for his bag. 

Mrs.Oh was busy helping Sehun into his Sailor Moon cosplay while poking fun at her son for being a girl. Sehun was pulling on the knee high socks again as Mrs.Oh left to help Luhan put on his outfit. By the time that Sehun turned around with the blonde wig on his head to inspect himself through the mirror, Luhan stepped up from behind him and smiled brightly. 

His costume was no longer the Peter Pan with a green hat and red feather, instead it was a tuxedo alone with a cape which Luhan had tied  around his neck. If Sehun was correct, this cape was the exact same one from Kris's pirate costume he saw earlier. 

"I convinced Kris how a pirate doesn't need or have a cape, so he let me borrowed it." Luhan explained when Sehun his cape, about go ask for the confirmation he just gave. 

Luhan also had a magician hat on his head. Although the hat seemed to be smaller than his actual head. Sehun's eyes landed on the hat and Luhan said, "It's actually from my teddy bear. The big one I have beside my bed, do you remember?" Sehun nodded, "I took it off of him for today since this whole costume was something I planned just this morning when I saw you in this Sailor Moon outfit." Luhan touched the wig on Sehun's head and straightened the bow in between his chest. 

"Are you Tuxedo Mask?" Seyeon gasped once she entered the room and caught sight of Luhan. 

Luhan turned around and nodded, happy that his makeshift last minute costume still looked like what it was supposed to be. "I have this mask my mom helped me make out of white cardboard earlier too." The cat eye mask in Luhan's hands were placed onto his face as Mrs.Shin helped him place the elastic around his head. 

Sehun was still shocked as he stared at Luhan. Luhan, the kid who looked absolutely perfect in his Peter Pan outfit had given all that up for this make shift of a costume just so he could match Sehun. At the age of three, his brain couldn't comphrend the deeper meaning that Mrs.Oh saw behind this action and Luhan himself wasn't as aware of exactly why he had done what he did when he went out of his way to make his best friend feel accepted and happy in the clothes. But none of this mattered at the moment. 

"Tuxedo Mask is Sailor Moon's boyfriend, and future husband. Since you said how you wanted to marry me, I figured it'd be cute, right?" 

Mrs.Oh laughed the loudest as she was the only one in the room who understood the true meaning behind the words spoken.