Two Peanuts in a Shell

Baby Oh Sehun

Hello everyone! I want to apologize and sort of explain why I was away for so long, so if you don't want to read, just skip until you see the different font. The reason I've been gone for a while is because I just recently graduated and I had to deal with a lot of stress about where I was going to go next in life (I actually struggled with this for like a year now since I knew my grad was coming up) and post secondary application has been a pain in the , but all that has passed me now and I'm no longer under stress where I would feel unproductive because I wasn't doing anything in life and instead writing fanfiction. If you really want to be an awesome person, please wish me luck in finding a part time job! But either way, I do feel a lot more free now where I am able to focus on the story so I do think I want to finish up BOS before the end of this year, and focus on my other story called Footage of Our Lives! To be honest as well, I'm sort of bored with this story so that's why updates aren't frequent; I just don't have the interest in writing it anymore, and I apologize because I know a lot of you guys like it and I thank you so much for that!

 

ps. I didn't edit this yet since I wanted to get it up before the weekend is over since I promised you guys. Also, thank you so much for help on my question before!


Saturday morning and Sehun was already bouncing off the walls of his house. Luhan was coming over today and spending the night over. The sleepover had been begged for by both parties as Luhan claiming that now that Ziyu was attending the daycare with them therefore his time alone with Sehun was minimized because Sehun wanted to be nice like the angel he was and spend time with Ziyu so the other wouldn't feel left out. Sehun was never one to refuse Luhan's presence so when the elder asked if he would like to spend the night sleeping with Luhan, Sehun wasn't going to reject him. Sehun had cleaned his entire room the night before in preparation for Luhan's arrival today at one in the afternoon, and even made his bed in the morning. Luhan has never visited his home before so the thought of a messy room was a big no-no for him. He even asked his mother to help him vacuum under his bed for this special occasion. 

"Mommy! How much longer until Luhan hyung comes over?" Sehun asks his mother for the nth time that morning.

The Korean woman sets the dishes on the drying rack as she rinses the soap off them, "Soon, Sehun. He's coming when the small hand is pointing to the one on the clock, and the big hand at the 12." 

The kid backs off as he realizes that the small hand is only at the 10. "Sehunnie will go clean room again!" Sehun shouts over his shoulder as he runs up the stairs to his bedroom. 

Once inside, Sehun realizes that there's nothing left to be cleaned. The toys are in their proper spots, his bed is perfectly made with no wrinkles in sight, the carpet has been vacuumed flawlessly, the blinds are open to welcome the natural sunlight in, as well as no dust particles floating around. With nothing to do until Luhan's long awaited arrivial, Sehun slumps to Seyeon's room across the hallway.

"Noona, Sehunnie is bored." He comments as he sits down beside her as she colors in her book. "Let's play?"

Seyeon quickly stores her coloring utensils away, hoping to prevent Sehun's attention to be drawn to them since the kid was infamous for destroying crayons, pencil crayons, and markers. "Okay, wanna play dollies?" 

Sehun and Seyeon sets out to bring the tea party table together, Sehun helping fill in the chairs with his stuffed animals and some of Seyoen's dolls while the elder fo the two digs around for her teapot set and place them in the appropriate spot on the pink table. Sehun rushes down the stairs to the kitchen to find his mother standing by the stove, "Mommy, can Sehunnie and Seyeon have water please?" He holds out the pink teapot to her. She fills the pot with water before handing it back to Sehun along with a bright yellow microfiber towel for the two to clean up the water if they were to spill any.

Once Baby Oh Sehun returns, the tea party is in full swing. Seyeon fills the water little plastic cups with water for her and Sehun as well as the guests, and sets out cookies on the tiny plates around the table. 

An hour and a half later, Sehun and Seyeon's party gets put on hold when their mother pops her head into the room, "You guys, want to go grocery shopping with me? We can get ice cream on the way back."

Seyeon and Sehun both jump from their seat and rush to the bathroom to get ready before they were out the door with their parents. Sehun had rolled his window down and was smiling as the wind flowed through his locks, chilling his scalp. The radio was in the car and a pop song playing, Sehun tried to hum along to the song, his smile growing wider as his favourite part was coming up. The grocery store was filled with families and people ranging from all ages. Baby Oh held onto his mother's hand as he walked through the isles with her. Seyeon opted to hold onto the cart that their father was pushing. 

"Mommy, can Sehunnie pick the ice cream?" Sehun pulled his mother towards the freezer windows, "Bi Bi Big! Melona! And Seolleim too! Sehunnie wants them all! Please, mommy? Luhannie will like them too!" The kid made a motion to pull the freezer door open to grab at his favourites. 

Seyeon comes rushing forward once she hears Melona, "I want the honeydew Melona!"

"Cookies and cream Seolleim!" Sehun yells.

Mr. Oh picks out the boxes and is greeted back with a hug on his leg from Sehun. "Thank you, dad!"

The Oh family's trip had ended with a large sum as the total, a long, white receipt, and bags heavily filled. The car ride home had been pleasant, Sehun's mood was heighten for he would meet Luhan in a short amount of time. The elder would be spending time over and they would eat ice cream together, then a full dinner, and Luhan and him could play together until the late night then they would get ready for bed together before snuggling together on the couch to watch television and laughing together. The day ahead was perfect. 

Five to one and Sehun was already sitting on the door step of his house; waiting for a familiar silver car to pull up and Mrs. Lu to come out and help hold Luhan's bags as the elder would run over and develop him into a tight hug. Sehun smiled at the thought of Luhan's cheerful face once he saw him and all the possibility of activities they could do together. 

Another 10 minutes passed and Luhan was still nowhere to be seen. His father had come out to check on him from time to time but Sehun insisted that he wait outside for Luhan to appear. After another 10 minutes of sitting on the front steps, Sehun grew bored and sighed, he knew Luhan was late; five minutes shouldn't feel this long! His eyes dropped to his lap from their previous task of turning his head left to right constantly to catch the first sight of Mrs. Lu's car. Now they moved to the flowers littering his mother's side plantation in against his house. He got up to pluck the yellow the stray dandelions off his lawn and bring them back to his spot to play, and reached over to grab some of the pretty pink and purple flowers from his mom's garden. Sehun knew he shouldn't have touched the flowers there where his mother actually puts an effort in to water every second day but the thought of how they would make the flower bouquet he was preparing for Luhan as a welcoming present was too much of a temptation for the little kid to refuse. 

As Sehun was slowly dosing off and scumbling to the wind's gentle breeze lulling him to sleep with his cheek against his palm, a silver car pulled up on his driveway. Sehun was roused awake with a cheerful, "Hi, Sehun-ah!" in Mrs. Lu's voice.

The boy snapped out of his drowsy state and smiled brightly once he sees Luhan step out of the back seat with his backpack straps visible on his shoulders. "Hello, Luhan hyung!" 

An upward tilt of his lips was returned his way once he stood in front of the elder, "Hi, Sehun. How are you today?"

Sehun's smile dropped, this wasn't what he was expecting. Wasn't Luhan supposed to greet him more... happily? Where was the bright smiles, the loud greeting, the thigh hug he was expecting? "Is Luhannie sad?" Sehun pouted, sadden by the thought of Luhan's mood.

Luhan gave Sehun a long look straight into his eyes, sighed, and hugged Sehun back, "No, baby. Luhannie is not feeling very happy, but it's not Sehun's fault." He patted the baby's head after pulling away. 

Sehun looked over to Mrs. Lu who had helped grab Luhan's sleepover bag from the car's trunk and handed it to the boy, "Luhan, are you happy we're here?" She scolded her son sonce she saw the confusion written on Sehun's face. "We can always go come if you aren't going to play nice with Sehun-ah," The Chinese woman warned, causing Sehun's eyes to widen a tremendous amount.

Luhan seemed to snap out of his trance at the mention of leaving, "No, no! I want to stay here with Sehun. I'll behave, so please let me stay." Luhan gripped onto his mother's arm and tugged, giving her his strongest setting of puppy dog eyes, and a pout to top it all off.

Relenting to her son, Mrs. Lu patted his head and motioned for Sehun to lead them inside the house. Mrs. Lu was left in the kitchen to talk to his parents while Luhan and Sehun left after Luhan's greetings to the parents as well as Sehun's older sister, Seyeon. The two headed upstairs to Sehun's room where Sehun was helping Luhan open his bag and getting his pillow and an extra blanket out to set on the bed for later tonight. 

"Luhannie, we're going to have so much fun!" Sehun exclaimed, jumping on his bed with glee. The action would earn him a scolding from his mom but Sehun figured since Luhan was here, she would want to appear extra nice so she wouldn't say anything.

Luhan smiled, "Yeah! We will stay up late and watch TV, and eat junk food, and we won't even sleep at all!" He beamed at the idea himself, all worries from before disappearing now that he was in Sehun's presence. 

Mrs. Lu had left and the two kids were allowed to play by themselves until dinner time in four hours, at 6 PM. Sehun introduced Luhan to his sister, who had accepted Luhan and answered a few questions about the school she went to, and how different it was compared to the day care he currently attended. 

"Well, when you enter grade one, you'll meet a lot of new friends, ones from daycare, or ones who didn't go to daycare but instead stayed at home with their gradnparents while their parents were at work. My best friend didn't go to daycare since her grandparents lived with her and she just stayed home with her. The friend that I had in daycare doesn't go to the same school as me, only Woohyun and Sunggyu do." Seyeon explained, "But you don't have to worry, everyone is really shy like you will be on the first day so you can make friends easily."

Luhan nodded at every word that Seyeon said, mentally taking notes of her words of wisdom, "Noona, do you guys get to play on the playground that I always see whenever I drive past a school?"

Seyeon nodded, "Yeah, we get t go outside during recess and we can play with the balls from school or go on the playground." 

Luhan's eyes brighten at the mention of balls, "Do you guys have soccer balls?" 

"Yes, we do. Luhan, you're very excited, aren't you?" Seyeon chuckles, seeing the bright smile from the younger Chinese male.

Sehun ignores the conversation, half paying attention to the exchange going on between the two and half focused on the TV playing Max and Ruby. The total oppsite of Luhan who sits perched on the edge of the couch, face holding a smile that reaches from ear to ear, and the gears in his head formulating more questions to ask the older girl. "Yes! I'm going for the upcoming school year with a few friends from the daycare, and I think we're all going to the same school as you are, noona." 

Seyeon smiles, ruffling Luhan's hair in the process, "Make sure you say hi to me whenever you see me around, okay? And if anyone is ever mean to you, make sure you let me know and I'll protect you, Luhan!"

Luhan nods, agreeing with Seyeon, although he doubts he'll get bullied, Luhan was determined to be friends with everybody, and everyone will like him! He even got Sehun to like him, who was very rude towards him in the beginning and they had many fights, and he swore that Sehun wanted to push him onto the ground whenever he saw him before. But that's all in the past now, Baby Oh Sehun is currently sitting beside him, body closer than necessary on the big couch they had all to themselves. And they call themselves best friends. 

"Luhannie is moving?" Sehun speaks up, attention now on Luhan. "Why?" His tone is sad, and the break in his voice between words causes Luhan to panic.

Seyeon looks over, amused that Sehun would care. When the family had told him that Seyeon was going to be leaving Mrs. Shin's daycare and him to be attending grade one at the primary school near by, all the toddler did was nod and continue to devour the fruits in front of him. "Luhan is almost of age to attend grade one, Sehunnie." She informs her baby brother.

"But Sehunnie don't want Luhan to move," The baby pouts, lips jutting out and eyes getting bigger. "Sehunnie wants Luhan to go to daycare everyday with Sehun and everyone else." By now the baby has grabbed onto Luhan's arm, afraid he would leave any moment. "Everyone will be very sad to see Luhan leave."

Luhan frowns at the situation, never thinking Sehun would get this attached, "But Sehunnie, I have to go to grade one. I can't keep staying at the daycare. I'm old enough to go to school now."

Sehun shakes his head, a clear sign of disagreement, "No! Sehun wants Luhan to go to daycare with Sehunnie." The baby's eyes start to fill with tears. Seyeon knew what was happening. 

"Sehun-ah, stop it. Luhan will still be going to the daycare with you. He's not leaving yet." She adds, hoping to stop the waterworks before it starts.

Sehun's pout stays in place, "Luhannie, will you still be going to the daycare?" He asks.

The Chinese boy nods, and gives Sehun a hug, "Yes, Sehunnie. I'll still be there on Monday when you come, okay? I'll be there the day after too, and the day after, and after!" He promises. 

The pout is gone, and an open mouth in amazement takes place, "Really?! YAY!" Sehun throws both arms across Luhan and hugs his friend closer. 

The trio continued to watch TV together, Sehun was almost sticking to Luhan, which slightly irritated the other since any mentions about school towards Seyeon would have Sehun pulling on his shirt to redirect his attention and if he ignored the warnings then Sehun would get snappy towards his sister, telling her to go away and make her own friends. Luhan wanted to tell Sehun to stop, and that he still had questions for Seyeon that he should ask now since he won't see her very often and they could watch TV later. When Luhan looked over, ready to tell Sehun off, he was greeted with angry eyebrows and a glare directed towards him, a clear indication that if Luhan were to cross the line one more time. Sehun would be angry at him and not Seyeon. Sighing, Luhan turned back towards the episode of Spongebob which he has seen before and occasionally glance at Sehun's satisfied space and fits of giggles whenever he found a scene entertaining.

Dinner rolled by fairly simple; Mr. and Mrs. Oh talked to him a lot, asking him questions from his stay in China, to his experience at the daycare and even asked him to share stories about his vacations with his family around the globe. Sehun ahd offered him the ice cream he bought at the store earlier for dessert, which Luhan glady accepted. 

Luhan was introduced to Sehun's many toys that he keeps in his closet, and the two even had fun playing tea party with Seyeon and her toys as well. Mrs. Oh had provided them cookies which they could hold with their pinkies out and pretend they were exquisite finger sandwiches prepared by the finest chefs in the world. They talked in fake accents that they made up, pitch higher than the previous words or tone deeper than usual. Laughs were exchanged between the kids until Mrs. Oh informed them it was time for bed soon. 

Sehun and Luhan had changed into their pajamas, and Luhan had once again upstaged Sehun with his cotton Iron Man suit. The two shared the little plastic stool in order to reach the sink as they brush up together. Mrs. Oh had to come in to help Sehun although the kid and insisted that he could do it, but unfortunately his mother had successfully wrestled the toothbrush out of his hand and brushed his teeth for him. Luhan tried hard not to smile at Sehun's displeased face in case it would offend or embarrasse the baby, he didn't want that. Luhan, and pretty much every other kid had to go through the same thing. 

Once the kids were in bed, Mrs. Oh and Sehun both insisted that Luhan not use his sleeping bag and instead shared beds with Sehun since the dainty boys could fit together without problems, which led to them fooling around in bed together way past their bedtimes.

The glow in the dark stars on Sehun's walls glowed as they marvled in the amazing feat itself and told stories, pretending if the stars above them were really ones billions, and billions of lightyears away from them. "I really want to be an entertainer one day, Sehun-ah," Luhan comments. 

"What is that?"

"It is someone who makes others very happy, Sehun. They share what they are good at, and make others happy." Luhan explains. "I want to make everyone happy. I used to be really sad since my parents worked a lot and I had to stay home with our caretaker, but she was no fun. She would play with me but she didn't really want to so I stopped asking after a while."

"Is Luhan sad now?" 

A smile graced Luhan's featured, "No, no. I'm not sad anymore, Sehun. Ever since my family moved here to Seoul, I've been very happy. I got to meet new friends, and you, and your family, and funny people like Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. As well as everyone at the daycare. Mrs. Shin actually really likes playing with us. My neighbors have this dog that always barked at us when we first moved in but after the owner let us say hi and pet him, he stopped barking at us whenever he sees us. I think he likes us now." 

"Sehunnie is very glad Sehun can make Luhan happy." Sehun whispered, leaning closer to Luhan and snuggling into his side. 

"I'm glad too, Sehun-ah. Good night." Luhan closes his eyes and tilt his head towards Sehun.

"Good night, hyung." A yawn escapes Sehun before he quiets down for the hours to come.


YAY. hunhan sleepover :D I hope everyone liked this chapter although it got extremely greasy towards the end lol. I wanna add a baekyeol + hunhan sleepover to this fic one day.

ps, can someone please recommend me a sunscreen for my face? LOL I apologize for asking for so many things from you guys. Feel free to tell me the stuff you're currently using. I have oily, acne prone (ugh, I have the whole package) skin so if you know one that's good for me, please let me know!