Meeting the F4

Baby Oh Sehun

When Oh Sehun woke up that morning, he knew that his day was going to be fantastic. The soft calls of his mother was a comfortable way to wake up to. When he opened his eyes, he was greeted with the sight of his mother smiling down at him and patted his head as she told him to get up before she left to go back into the kitchen. Sehun laid on his bed for a moment longer to soak in the morning's peaceful setting. The sun was bright outside his window and he can faintly hear the chirping of the birds that perched on the tree outside. He knew he had gotten a good night's sleep when he dreamed about how everyone was going to praise him at the daycare his mother took him to and picked him up from every weekday. 

Sehun jumped off his bed and waddled downstairs to where his mother was. The morning's events went like how every other day went. Sehun got to pick out his own clothes which usually consisted of his new obsession with colored t-shirts under the beige corduroy overalls. Sehun combed his black hair down from the nest of bed head earlier. His black fringe was starting to be too long for him, but his mother had promised that he would get a haircut soon. He dismissed the thought as he tugged on his black rain boots that reached his knees.The weather was bright, and the forecast had no mentions of a downfall of precipitation, but Sehun didn't let that stop him from wearing the boots. He liked them. It made him taller than his short form allowed him to look. 

Sehun was buckled into his seat in the back of his mom's car with the a teddy bear that was slowly ripping apart held tightly in his hands. He looked outside the windows at the passing color and smiled contently. His day started with dropping his older sister off at school before his mom dropped him off at the daycare. He liked the daycare. Every one of his friends went there with him. That was how he even made friends. 

"Bye mommy!" Sehun waved to her before rushing to the playground with his backpack flopping on his back and bear still in between his chest and arm.

He was happy to see his friends again. He didn't know how old these kids were, but he remembered how some of the kids that he saw before the summer break were no longer here. Those are the kids that were older than him. Everyone loved Sehun at the daycare. He was simply the baby. He hopes he would still be. Sehun remembered how his grandparents have given him three cupcakes when he went to visit them during summer break with his sister. They congratulated him for turning three and how sad they were not able to celebrate it with him on the day. 

"Sehunnie's here!" He heard a loud cry before turning his head around to be engulfed by Jongin's arms.

A wide grin spread over his face. He loves Jongin very much. Despite his terrible pronunciation, Jongin's still played with him when he first came here last year. The daycare didn't consist of very many kids, it was just a small daycare for neighborhood kids to gather at while their parents were at work. 

"Dongin!" Sehun cried happily, and he squeezed Jongin back. 

Jongin's eyebrows furrowed at how no matter how hard he had spent teaching Sehun how to pronounce his name properly last year, he had gone back to his habit of saying Dong instead of Jong. 

"No, Sehun. It's Jongin, not Dongin." Jongin emphaszied as he frowned down at the boy that looked down as he fumbled with his fingers.

"Jongin." Sehun corrected himself which made Jongin smile happily. 

"Good boy! Sehun-ah is so cute!" He cooed happily which made Sehun smile brightly at the praise. "Let's go, Joonmyun is here, and he's giving out candies!" Jongin grabbed his hand, and they headed towards the jungle gym structure where six little kids were huddled together.

In the middle stood Kim Joonmyun. Sehun's favorite - one of his favorite - person. Sehun especially liked Joonmyun since he always received the most praises from the short, pale kid. 

"Doonmyun hyung!" Sehun shouted in glee once he spotted that Joonmyun was handing out lollipops to the kids around him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun left once they've received their candy and saw no further point in standing there. 

Everyone parted ways for Sehun when they saw him. Greetings flooded Sehun's ears as he got closer to the group with Jongin following behind. 

"Hello, Sehun-ah!" Joonmyun greeted while giving him a bright smile. 

"Doonmyun hyung! Sehunnie missed you!" He grabbed Joonmyun and pulled him into a tight hug. 

A scoff was heard from behind Joonmyun. "Sehun-ah you're so stupid! It's Joonmyun, not Doonmyun!" Scolded Jongdae as he tried to prey Sehun's arms off Joonmyun. 

Sehun pulled back and sniffed as he looked at Jongdae with tears in his eyes. "What?" He mumbled, looking dejected.

Everyone's eyes widened and even Baekhyun who was chatting with Chanyeol stopped and noticed their youngest with teary eyes. 

"Yah! What did you do to Sehunnie?!" Chanyeol barked at Jondgae who looked down feeling guilty as Jongin was hugging Sehun to comfort him. 

"Sorry, Sehun-ah." Jongdae apologized when the guilt was eating him up. 

Everyone was about to gang up and scold Jongdae until Mrs. Shin called everyone to go inside the building. 

Jongdae grabbed Sehun's hands as they walked side by side. "Sorry, Sehun. I didn't mean it." He apologized softly to him once again. 

Sehun reached into his bag and pulled out an Oreo cookie and gave it to Jongdae as a sign of his acceptance. 

Everyone settled down onto the colorful carpet of playroom as they waited for their teacher to return from her conversation at the door. Small chatter filled the room. The daycare had lost a total of five kids who were now old enough to attend school.

"I heard that aliens took them away!" Chanyeol spoke quietly to the seven kids left, sitting in the middle of the circle of friends. 

"I saw them get taken away! That's why they're not here anymore. Poor friends. They've been so good to us!" Baekhyun exaggerated as he trailed his small hand along the carpet, as if reminiscing the memories of the other five kids who were once with them.

A series of gasps arose from the kids listening intently to the troublemaking duo. 

"Kids! Stop chatting for a little. We have new friends here with us!" Mrs. Shin called everyone as she now stood by her chair where she read them nap time stories from. 

Beside Mrs. Shin stood four little children in front of them. The tallest one had a short cut of black hair with the sides shaved off. He looked mean and tough. Sehun didn't like him. The one next to the mean looking boy was one who looked nervous as he was wiping his sweating hands along his pants and tried to smile. The boy had short black hair that laid messily on his head. His eyes had a puffy look, and the dark eye circles he had made him look tired, like he didn't have enough sleep. Sehun was skeptical about him. The boy beside the panda boy was scanning everyone in the room just like Sehun was scanning the four strangers. His hair was neat with the bangs sweep to the side and his outfit was clean and pristine; a mama's boy. Sehun liked him. He seemed like Joonmyun, someone that would praise him a lot. The boy after Joonmyun number two was someone that made Sehun's eyes widen. This short boy had his hair dyed a lighter shade and his appearance was happy as he smiled and waved to everyone. He was shorter than the rest and he had a cute smile. He looked younger than the other three did. 

Sehun turned to look at the expressions of his friends and he saw how they all waved back to the one at the front. Sehun didn't like him. No one was suppose to steal the attention he had from his hyungs away from him. No one.