Ask Your MAMA For Permission

Baby Oh Sehun

lol i miss MAMA era (THE JOKES. OMG). Cookies for those who guesses the next title 


Early October meant field trip day for the little toddlers at the day care centre. Mrs.Shin had already registered herself and the twelve little kids up to go to the aquarium and zoo about twenty minutes from their centre by transport of a rented school bus. Two weeks prior had been phone calls made by Mrs.Shin to all the parents asking for permission and discussing any details with them. The week before the day was the collection of the persmission slip form and if even one single person didn't hand it in, the whole trip would be canceled. Minseok, Jongdae and Baekyeol had objected this seeing how it wasn't fair that one person could ruin the whole trip but Mrs.Shin explained how it was her duty to look after everyone, and no one should or can be left behind. Baekhyun and Chanyeol self proclaimed it their duty to go around and collect everyone's phone numbers to remind them of the important task. Yixing was the first to hand in his form due to the annoying presistant phone calls to his home phone made by Baekhyun. Kris and Zitao handed theirs in the following morning after Chanyeol wouldn't stop ringing their home unless they said they've packed the signed form safely in their backpacks. Jongin didn't even need the phone calls since he had already had his mother sign the form when she picked him up on the day Mrs.Shin handed them out to be taken home. Kyungsoo and Joonmyun were always punctual and wouldn't need the constant reminder. Luhan's mother had jumped on the early wagon with Jongin's mom and signed it the moment he showed her the form and handed it right back to Mrs.Shin. Minseok and Jongdae took care of one another and Sehun. 

"Mrs.Oh, this is Kim Minseok. I'm a friend of Sehunnie's and I want to remind him to bring his form back tomorrow!" Minseok exclaimed over the phone happily with Jongdae sitting behind him in his house. 

Sehunnie - Check. Jongdae crossed out Sehun's name on his sheet of paper. 

"Hello! I'm Byun Baekhyun, cutie of the day care that Yixing goes too! Can you please sign the form he has in his bag and bring it back tomorrow? We're going to see fishes swim around in tanks!" Baekhyun yelled into the receiver of his home phone as Chanyeol held the sheet of paper with everyone's names and phone number on.

After Baekhyun had said a proper bye with the promise that the task was complete from Mr.Zhang, he handed the phone to Chanyeol who punched in numbers of the next target. 

"Hi! I'm Park Chanyeol! I go to the day care that Kris goes to! Can I introduce you to an awesome deal?" Chanyeol yelled into the phone. "Yes, the deal is a very good deal." He paused to let the parent of Kris talk. "We're all going to this place with animals called the zoo, but Kris needs to sign his form. So can you please sign it and return it to Mrs.Shin tomorrow?" 

Yixing - Check.

Kris - Check.

"Hello! I'm Park Chanyeol. Can you please sign Zitao's field trip form? I'm a friendly reminder for him to get it back to Mrs.Shin soon!" 

"Chanyeol, it's Zitao. My parents aren't home. I'm with my grandma. I'll get it signed. You don't need to keep calling me every 10 minutes. My grandma is trying to sleep." Zitao spoke lowly into the phone, his patience going thin. The constant calls every 10 minutes was disrupting his Spongebob Squarepants on TV.

"Okay, Tao-yah. Make sure you get it signed!" Chanyeol replied before hanging up.

Baekhyun grabbed the phone back from Chanyeol's grip, "I'm going to call Minseok and see how him and Jongdae are doing." Baekhyun informed as he pressed the numbers written beside Minseok's name. "Minnie, it's Baekie. Are you done?"

"Yup! We just called Sehun and his mom said they already signed it and it's in his bag." Minseok answered. "How is your side doing?"

The phone was now squished between Baekhyun's ear as Chanyeol pressed himself to his to hear the conversation. "We're gonna call Kyungsoo and Joonmyun to make sure they got it signed." 

"Report back when you're done." The oldest of the kids ordered before hanging up.

More phone calls were made. Baekhyun and Chanyeol called everyone twice to make sure that the form was sealed in a plastic bag to prevent the not forecasted rain from soaking it wet. 

"Hello, I'm Park Chanyeol-"

"Chanyeol, stop it. My parents aren't home yet!" Zitao whined over the phone, close to tears with frustration.

- ♥ - 

D-day came with much anticipation from the little kids as well as Mrs.Shin. Everyone came dressed appropriately for the field trip and was wide awake with excitemeent coursing through their veins. The drop off was still at Mrs.Shin's centre until the bus arrived to take all the kids. The only volunteered parent that was able to come with Mrs.Lu, who was too unwilling to let her precious son go alone with only one supervisior. Mrs.Shin was on the phone with the bus driver that had yet to arrive while Mrs.Lu conversed with Kris about how his life was over in Canada. 

All the kids were still dressed in their jackets and some were waiting at the door with their backpacks on and ready to dash out; such as Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Minseok and Jongdae; the ones who called everyone nonstop.

"Sehunnie, where's Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked the toddler sitting on Luhan's lap on the lady bug pillow.

The baby looked up at Kyungsoo with wide eyes, mouth agape as he tried to make sense of Kyungsoo's words. "Don't know. Go away." Sehun stood up from his spot to advance towards the motherly kid. 

"Luhan's Sehunnie's!" Sehun placed his hands on Kyungsoo's chest and pushed the boy backwards. "Go away." He glared at the boy and slowly backed up back into Luhan's lap.

Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed with confusion at the little kid who suddenly became obsessive over Luhan, "I wasn't asking for Luhan. Where is Jongin? He needs to go pee before we leave!" Kyungsoo grabbed at his hair, growing worried of the missing kid. "I already took everyone to go pee, but I can't find Jongin!"

"Kyungie, Jongin's over there." Luhan spoke out from behind Sehun as he pointed to the door leading to the washroom. 

The wide eyed kid ran over to Jongin to question him about his whereabouts, leaving Sehun alone with Luhan again.

The baby wiggled around in Luhan's lap to get comfortable again then grabbed the hand he was examining before. Luhan looked down at the kid while letting him play with his left hand, one of his eyebrow arched in questioning of the earlier behavior towards Kyungsoo.

"Sehun-ah, why did you push Kyungsoo away?"

The baby looked up at Luhan's doe eyes staring back at him. His grip on Luhan's hand tightened, "Because mommy said that Sehunnie can't talk to strangers and if people talk to Sehunnie or friends, Sehunnie has to protect them because they might be bad people." 

Luhan looked at the baby in his lap, perplexed with his explaination. Sehun went back to playing with his fingers and the jelly bracelet he had on his arm as a gift from the commercial he recently filmed. 

"Sehun-ah, are you saying you were trying to protect me?"

Sehun nodded his head absent mindedly, "Yeah. Sehunnie has to protect Luhan because Luhan looks very nice so people might go after Luhan."

A wide grin spread across Luhan's face before he wrapped his arms around Sehun's body and held him close, snuggling into Sehun while doing so. The two had become closer and Luhan found out that it was acceptable for him to cuddle into the toddler any time as he pleased. Sehun's arms wrapped around Luhan, surprised with the cuddle attack but not rejecting the idea.

"Sehunnie, you're so cute!" Luhan squealed as he hugged the little baby tighter.

"Thank you, but how was Sehunnie cute?" Sehun asked after Luhan pulled away to breathe properly again.

Luhan kissed the baby on the cheek, "Because, you're younger than me but you're still trying to protect me, someone who is older. You think you're braver than me, but you're not. That thought is cute, Sehun-ah." Luhan cooed as he pinched the baby's cheek affectionately.

Mrs.Shin called the kids over to the front yard to wait for the bus. In pairs, Sehun and Luhan stayed glued to each others' side, attached by the hips. Holding hands, Luhan tugged Sehun over to the line up behind Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were trying to advance on the first place in the line up. 

"I wanna be first!" Baekhyun screamed as he pulled onto Minseok's locks. 

"Hands off!" Jongdae hollered as he yanked on Baekhyun's hand to prevent him from causing Minseok to go bald. 

Baekhyun swatted at Jongdae's hand with his free hand, his hand passing the protesting hand of the latter and reached to his head. With both hands buried to the scalp of his victims, Baekhyun pulled the two back from the hair and Chanyeol yanked them back by their shirt to surpass them on the line up. Minseok's eyes watered at the painful tug and stepped back as he pulled Jongdae's head to his chest, hands soothening the pain on the latter's head. 

"We won!" Chanyeol cheered before turning to squeeze Baekhyun in a hug which the other reciprocated the action. 

Luhan who saw the whole scene of the hair pulling and tugging made a mental note to never get in Baekhyun's way again. Mrs.Shin then walked down the seat line of kids beside their partners and handed them landyards with her cellphone number and the address to the school as well as their name. 

While Sehun was struggling with flipping the right side of the card to show, Luhan reached over and slipped the landyard over his head and patted down the card on his chest. 

Sehun smiled in gratitude before the smile dropped, "No, hyung. I'm protecting you! You're like a little deer, and," Sehun took a pause in his sentence as he tried to think of what protects deer, "A deer protector!" He proclaimed proudly.

"Sehun, all I did was put it on you. I didn't protect you or anything." Luhan laughed at his friend's silliness. 

Sehun thought about the words and deemed them to make sense and finally let his frown flip into a radiant smile. "Okay, as long as you let Sehunnie do job." 

When the bus arrived, the six pairs of kids piled on in a single file and ran towards the back of the bus. When Mrs.Lu and Mrs.Shin sat in their seat at the front, the yellow bus took off towards the destination.

Kris and Zitao shared their seats and the two pointed outside the window and conversed to one another, very reserved compare to the other members on the bus. While Jongin dosed off on Kyungsoo's shoulder thanks to the soothing engine and the sway of the bus, Kyungsoo had a notebook in his hands and a disposable camera around his neck. Joonmyun and Yixing also each had a camera in their hands, ready to take photos of the animals they would see as they shared their thoughts and expectations of the trip in a civilized way. Quietly as to make up for the firecrackers of the group. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Minseok and Jongdae had the two very last seats on the bus and was busy arguing over what song they should sing along too. Chanyeol had his older sister's iPod in his hands and was scrolling through her songs while the other three shouted suggestions at him. 

"Chanyeol, if you don't chose a Girls' Generation song then I won't talk to you ever again." Baekhyun threatened as he tried to shush Minseok up by slapping his hand against the others' mouth. 

Jongdae who sat closer to the window and away from Baekhyun intervened, "But I don't know any of their songs! I can't sing along! How about that awesome group, EXO? I know they have this really cool singer named Chen! His voice is so amazing and he can sing in Chinese even though he's Korean!" Jongdae boasted. 

"EXO is just dumb, okay? Why do they need to sing in Chinese?" Baekhyun scoffed.

Jongdae's eyebrows scrunched up, his mouth open in disbelief but he was beat to defending his current male obsession by someone unexpected. 

"They have four Chinese members." Kris spoke up from his seat. Voice calm but clear. 

Jongdae nodded his head, agreeing with the Chinese friend. "Yeah! See, even Kris knows about them! They must be really cool!" Jongdae smiled proudly as he sat on his knees on the seat and rested his hands on Kris' shoulder from behind. "You should tell me more about them! You seem to know them well."

"Maybe next time."

From the front of the bus, Luhan and Sehun sat together as they discussed about whatever subject either brought up. 

"Lulu, what's your favorite bubble tea?" Sehun asked. 

Luhan smiled at the mention of his favorite drink, "Taro! It's the purple one I've shared with you many times!" 

Sehun nodded, taking in the information. "Sehun don't know what is Sehun's favorite." He confessed. 

"Hyung will buy you bubble tea soon, okay? Your own cup. I'll take you there and we can read all the flavors together, and we can try them all!" The gleam in Luhan's eyes was duplicated onto Sehun's very own. 

"Really?" Sehun asked.

Luhan nodded his head to confirm his promise. "Promise! Hyung will let people take pictures and smile pretty, then hyung will use the money they give hyung to buy you bubble tea!" 

Sehun's eyebrows shot up at the new information. "What? Mommy says you only get money from other people if you work for it. Is letting people take pictures of you a job?" 

Luhan smiled and nodded eagerly, "Yeah! Every time I go to the photo shoots, they tell me to smile cutely and do different poses and they take some picture, and then by the next week they send my mommy money. My mommy checks her bank account and then when the money goes in, she lets me buy whatever I want!" He shared to Sehun. 

By now, Sehun's mouth dropped as he stared at Luhan in shock. From what he knew, his parents had job that they worked at during the day and by the end of the month, they get money to pay for the bills and buy food. 

Sehun clapped his hands happily, "Hyung, if Sehunnie go with hyung, will they give Sehunnie money too? Sehun wants to buy new clothes for Beargyu!" Sehun's excited voice turns into a sour one dripping with the complaints of a three years one, "Mommy always says they're a waste of money and that Beargyu doesn't get cold, but Sehunnie knows he does! He gets cold!"

Luhan laughed at Sehun's explanation and turned to his mom who sat one seat in front of him on the other side of the bus. The Chinese words that he spoke never seemed to amaze Sehun less than the first time he heard them. 

"Mommy, can Sehunnie come to our next photo shoot session?" 

Mrs.Lu turned back to her son and smiled at him, "Yeah, if his mom will let him." Then the woman turned back to talking to Mrs.Shin.

Luhan's commercial film worthy smile showed up as he turned back to Sehun. "My mom says yes, if your mommy will let you!" 

Identical twin smiles lingered on both their faces as they grabbed each other's hands and bounced around in their seat while cheering with joy. 


LOL what is this? It hasn't been 3 weeks yet and there's already an update?! Well, I said I would once I reached over 30 upvotes, although I was a little late and I apologize. (BUT SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU SO MUCH!) I had to finish this chapter still and I wanted it to actually be a chapter that wasn't pathetic like the last one but I'm glad you guys liked it anyways. I'm gonna go work on the next one now~ It shoudn't take long like before since I'm on a roll with the plot now. Finally, this was the chap that's been on Hide for the past like 3 chapters lol. I thought this was funny / cute but I'm lame so maybe not. Let me know if you like this kind of humor ^^