Baby Deer Hyung

Baby Oh Sehun

After snack time Luhan had tried talking to Sehun but was shut down after countless attempts. That one time when Sehun was building blocks with Baekyeol and Luhan had joined them, Sehun immeidately got up and left to go join Kris and Zitao on the table to draw. By the time Luhan had joined them then Sehun had left his half drawn picture to go to Jongin and Kyungsoo. Seeing Sehun laugh with the two from afar made Luhan not want to go join in case Sehun left again. Instead, the second oldest of the group just sat down in the middle of the room on the huge lady bug bean pillow that worked as a mat and watched Sehun play. Luhan liked Sehun, a lot. He had always wanted a little brother at home but his parents were simply too busy to comply with his wishes. He had seen other kids his age have brothers or younger siblings tagging along to their photoshoot and waited for them with their parents but Luhan never got such treatment. He only had his mother and manager slash uncle while his father was out in the office working as a lawyer to bring in an income. The same income that had started Luhan's career. Mrs.Lu had too much time on her hands while her husband had little to no time. She saw the child that God had blessed her with and she treasured him, showered him with nothing but the best. Luhan's beauty gained attention from friends and family and also to the Korean - Chinese family clothing line company that offered Luhan a position as their newest promotion's face for the kids line. The woman agreed and here they are, immediate family moved to Seoul, Korea. Her husband had joined the Korean law firm months after moving to accomandate to his wife's vision of Luhan being a model and income of the family rose with Luhan bringing stacks of money and reputation to the Lu name. 

Yet I can't even befriend a baby, Luhan thought glumly. 

Sehun on the other hand was starting to become thirsty. "Mrs.Shin, I'm thirsty." He whined to the woman who was helping Kris hang up more of his wonderful drawings around the room, drawings of the same picture, just on different sheets of paper and drawn in with different colored crayons.

Mrs.Shin offered Sehun some water from the water machine in the corner of the room but after the water, Sehun's thirst didn't die down. "Did your mom pack you your milk bottle today, Sehun?" 

Sehun tried to remember the events of the morning and no memories of a milk bottle being warmed up was in his vision. "No." He mumbled sadly, already starting to walk away. 

The crave for the ten o'clock milk drinking session was already catching up to Sehun. His mood extra grumpy and the thirst in his throat was making him not want to play. Sehun's mouth felt bored, unfamiliar with this new routine of nothing to on at this time. He used to have a pacifier but then when he had grown a full set of teeth, his mother had told him that it was only for babies and despite Sehun telling his mom that he was a baby, she didn't allow it, telling him it would ruin his teeth. his lips, Sehun tried to find something that would occupy his mouth in the meantime. Looking into his bag, Sehun had no luck in finding lollipops at the bottom like he had wished, only wrappers. A whimper later and Sehun forced himself to ignore Luhan when he laid down on the other side of the lady bug bean bag pillow, moving around to get comfortable and he stuck his right thumb into his mouth and .

Luhan turned around to see Sehun laying on the pillow not to far away from him with one hand in the air as he tried to catch the little stars and planet stickers on the ceiling. The sight made Luhan's insides twist up. How he just wanted to go over there and squish Sehun and all his adorable antics in a bear hug. Luhan would have done that, just the fact that Sehun didn't particularly like him held him back. 

"Sehun, what are you doing?" Luhan asked in a soft voice, hoping not to startle Sehun.

The asked boy turned to see Luhan looking at him but haven't moved from his spot since Sehun came. Thinking about if he should give Luhan a reply or just ignore him like he has been doing, Sehun decided to just answer and hope Luhan would leave him alone. " Sehun's thumb."

"Why?" Luhan scooted closer to the boy, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"Because mommy didn't bring Sehun's milk, so Sehun has no milk." He admitted.

Luhan nodded in understanding for he has gone through the same stage. "It's okay. Do you want some candy? It helps you stop wanting to on the of the bottle so much." 

The sparkle in Sehun's eye was hard to miss. "Candy?"

Taking the opportunity to befriend Sehun, Luhan grabbed the boy's hand and walked over to his bag hanging on the hanger with his coat by the door. "You can't tell anyone I gave you candy though, okay?" 

Sehun nodded excitedly and turned around to see that no one was paying attention to the them, only Mrs.Shin caught sight but she held a finger to her lips, telling him that she would keep whatever was going on a secret. Sehun flashed her his aegyo as repayment and turned back to Luhan. 

"Here you go, Sehun." Luhan handed then boy a small candy wrapped inside a red wrapper with Chinese characters in the middle. Turning the candy over in his hands, Sehun tried to open it but failed and Luhan chuckled at his attempts softly, hoping not to offend the boy. "Here, do you want me to open it?"

Sehun nodded and handed the candy back to Luhan who held it up to his mouth to tear the wrapper open. Small hands extended to reveal a light pink to peach colored hard candy and Sehun opened his mouth. "You're so cute, Sehun." Luhan popped the candy into the boy's mouth as he waited for Sehun's responses to the taste.

"It tastes like strawberry." 

Luhan nodded his head, waiting to see if Sehun would spit it out or not. 

"Sehunnie likes!" Sehun clapped his hands softly and his smile reached from one ear to the other, eyes forming the most adorable cresents Luhan had ever seen. "Thank you." 

Luhan wanted to hug the boy but was still afraid of receiving a negative reaction so he kept his hands to himself and praised the boy instead. "You're really too cute, Sehun."

"Thank you!" Sehun smiled happily, feeling extremely pleased with the compliment and pulled Luhan in for a quick hug before leaving to go brag to Baekhyun and Chanyeol about his candy from Luhan.

The duo ran to Luhan after seeing Sehun's open mouth with the pink candy inside and begged him for some. Luhan got them to leave after letting them check his bag to confirm that he truly did not have anymore and a pinky promise to bring some tomorrow. 

Lunch time came by and everyone was ushered into the washroom to clean their hands once again before they sat around the same table they all did for snack time. Sehun stood at the door, waiting from his mother as his stomach growled. 

"Sehun, I called your mother and she said she might be a little late, but she will be bringing you McDonalds, okay?" Mrs.Shin asked Sehun as the two walked back to the table. 

The merry deer who pranced over to grab Sehun's hand and pulled him down to sit with him for lunch was confused to see Sehun's frown and hear the growl of his stomach. "Where's your food, Sehun?"

"Mommy is bringing it later." Pouted the youngest.

Luhan looked around to see everyone eating their lunches and chatting like at snack time and turned back to Sehun who sat there looking at the table with a pout on his face. The second he heard Sehun's stomach growl did Luhan snap out his of trance.

"Sehun, eat with hyung, okay?" Luhan popped open his bento lunch box to see rice and side dishes, the sight made Sehun's mouth water.

After various tries to deny Luhan of eating his food, Sehun eventually gave in and took the first bite fed to him by Luhan. "Do you like it, Sehun?"

Sehun nodded his head shyly, tongue sweeped the corner of his mouth to catch the falling rice. Luhan clapped his hands happily and fed himself a spoonful. The sharing continued until the lunch box was empty. Everyone was putting their lunch bags away when Mrs.Shin heard a knock at the door. Sehun and Luhan followed Mrs.Shin out to reveal Sehun's mom holding the McDonalds happy meal red box in one hand with the drink in the other.

Mrs.Oh crouched down to kiss her son. "I'm sorry, baby. Mommy woke up late today and forgot to pack your lunch and there was a traffic jam on the way here. I'm sorry, Sehunnie." She handed the box to Sehun who thanked her. "Who is that?" She asked, pointing to Luhan.

"Luhan." Sehun answered when Luhan came forward and greeted his mother. 

Moments later, the three at the daycare centre bid Mrs.Oh goodbye. They came back in to see all their friends settling in for their afternoon naps. Jongin and Kyungsoo had set up their blankets by each other and not too far away was Joonmyun brushing Yixing's hair, Baekhyun and Chanyeol already had limbs spread over each other as they started to fall unconscious. Zitao and Kris were arguing over where they wanted to sleep, despite not wanting to just go their own ways and rather sleep next to each other. In total, the ten boys all gathered next to each other and slowly fell into a deep slumber with their full stomachs.

"Sehun, are you going to share with Luhan like he shared with you?" Mrs.Shin asked as he helped Sehun take the contents of the box out. 

"Eat with Sehunnie." Sehun commanded and patted the spot next to him which Luhan took without hesitation.