Into the Forest, Where the Deers Roam

Baby Oh Sehun

Mrs.Oh tried to calm her son from his happy cheers when Luhan asked his mother the question of him visiting but the little kid was to estatic about the thought of visiting Luhan in his home that he started to jump and shout in glee. Luhan looked over to his mother's shock expression with hopeful eyes, his mouth silently telling her how happy Sehun felt. 

"Luhannie hyung!" Sehun shouted from his spot beside Luhan, holding his hand out for the kid still sitting on the cement steps. "Sehunnie loves you, hyung, very much!" Sehun pranced around happily as he grabbed Luhan to pull the other up and into a happy dance with him. 

Mrs.Lu approached Mrs.Oh to set up the play date that she knew would please her son, with Mrs.Oh's objective of apologizing on behave of her son's rude self invitiation by guilting Luhan into asking. Luhan had a busy schedule on the weekends from his filming and the family dinner that was coming up fast with his family members flying in from China. Mrs.Oh had insisted that the schedule was too busy for Luhan to spend time with Sehun. 

"Mommy!" Sehun whined when he heard the sentence from his mom's mouth. "But Sehunnie wants to go over to Luhan's house!" Said boy whined as he clung onto his mother's arm. The woman looked down at her son to scold him for his rash behavior.

Mrs.Lu exchanged glances with her dear son, seeing his expressions on having his friend visit him at his house. The whole idea was not a problem to the woman who manages a small home business from her house. Her main priority was and will always be, Luhan. Seeing the bobbing of her son's head and the wide grin on his face with the twinkle in his eye that she hasn't seen unless he talks about his baby at the daycare made Mrs.Lu's heart flutter. 

"Mrs.Oh, if I may interrupt?" Her hand reached out to grab onto the forearm of the other woman to get her attention. "My family would be delighted to have Sehun over tomorrow. The two can play and Luhan does not have any appointments to attend to until the late afternoon. I'm sure they can keep themselves busy and not need me to watch over them while they play, or they can even help me prepare for the family dinner." 

Hearing so, Sehun and Luhan nodded feverishly, agreeing to the logics of the Chinese woman before them. Mrs.Oh cast a glance at her son whose lower lip jutted out into a full on pout, something he did when he was begging for whatever he desired for.

"Sehunnie will be good from now on, mommy," He promised. "Sehunnie will be nice and clean room, share with Seyeon noona and eat veggies. Please, mommy. Sehunnie wants to go over to Luhannie's house." His voice dropped into one dripping with aegyo as he clung onto Luhan's arm, who was beside him, nodding to his every word.

- ♥ -

Seyeon looked at Sehun with envy when he was stuffing his favorite toys into his bag to bring over to Luhan's house on Saturday morning. The Oh household has always been skeptic with letting their children visit the homes of others, worrying too much about disturbing the other party's parents. Seyeon had only gone to her friend's house once before for the friend's birthday party but she was picked up earlier than the other kids had been.

Oh Sehun was ignoring the looks from his sister as he walked around his room, all dressed in his favorite pair of beige colored overalls, a white and black graphic t-shirt underneath and wore brand new white socks with navy dinosaurs on them. Sehun picked up toys that he wanted to show Luhan and stuffed them into his bags, also some of the pictures of himself that he found absolutely adorable to show Luhan. Sehun walked out of his room  as he pulled the red Elmo hat over his head and called out to his mom that he was all ready to leave. The woman had recieved a text message from Luhan's mother on Friday afternoon after the two exchanged numbers to keep in better contact and details of the visit. Mrs.Lu stated that it wasn't a big problem for Sehun to come over as the other was very cute and as polite as kids can come, but the worries still resided in Mrs.Oh.

"Mommy, can Sehunnie eat at Luhannie's house? Sehun don't want to wait any longer!" Sehun whined when his mother sat him down at the kitchen table for breakfast with a bowl of rice and side dishes in front of him. "Sehunnie wants to go now!" The toddler screamed as he pushed the bowl away and crossed his arms. "Now!" 

Mrs.Oh rolled her eyes at her son's saucy behavior; already used to it. "No, eat up or we won't go." The woman finalized by sitting down and grabbing her chopsticks off the table. 

Minutes later with Sehun grumbling to himself while swallowing his food, the pair of mother and son got up from the table. Sehun stood by the door, looking into the full length mirror to check himself for any grains of rice on his shirt. This extra step would usually be skipped if Sehun was going out to the supermarket, mall, or even to the daycare, but this was a special place he was going to; Luhan's house. He has to look good no matter what, Sehun thought.

The drive there was almost nerve wrecking for Sehun. His mother had insisted that they stop by at a bakery and buy some pasteries to take over to Luhan's family. The thought seemed unappealing to Sehun, making him delay his meeting with his beloved hyung any longer but Sehun guessed he would like to see Luhan's face brighten up at the sight of the pasteries he'd be bringing along. 

As Sehun's index finger made contact with the door bell that he had to tip toe to reach of Luhan's house, his stomach tightened from the nervous feeling, the other hand clutched onto the strings wrapped around of the white cardboard box that held the pasteries that he had picked with his mother inside. Sehun could hear footsteps from inside of the house approaching the door and a call of "I got it!" coming from Luhan before the door opened to reveal the light haired boy. 

"Hi, Sehunnie!" Luhan shouted with a huge smile on his face before he looked up to greet Mrs.Oh as well. "Good morning, Mrs.Oh." The boy bowed to his friend's mom. 

Sehun quickly stuffed the box into his mother's arms and took off his shoes immedately to show Luhan his cute socks, which the elder smiled fondly over and praised Sehun for his cute act of getting worked up over something as inanimate as socks. 

Mrs.Oh and Mrs.Lu exchanged a word at the door but that conversation was left unnoticed by the two kids as they ran up the stairs to Luhan's sleeping chamber. 

"This is my room, Sehunnie!" Luhan stated proudly as they stood in front of the white wooden door. "You can't sit on my bed though, Sehunnie." Luhan warned as he pushed the door open. 

Inside the small room contains a window on the opposite wall of the door. The four walls were painted a light blue decorated with white fluffy cloud stickers. The hardwood floor beneath Sehun's feet felt cool on the soles of his feet as he walked in. Posters of animation belonging to Disney were posted on one of Luhan's wall, surrounding an obnoxiously noticeable framed picture of Luhan and a tall man crouching down to his level. The large poster paper sized photo caught the interest of the youngest.

Sehun walked over to the picture frame, "Hyung, who is this?" The toddler pointed to the picture hung high as he looked over to Luhan.

"He's my favorite player on a soccer team! My parents got me to meet him before we moved to Korea and he also signed the picture. It's my most prized possession so I got it framed. So nothing bad can happen to it." Luhan explained.

Soon Sehun's interest on the picture dissipated as he walked over to the bookshelf by Luhan's bed. The shelf was littered with books and also a smaller framed photo of Luhan. The picture displays Luhan dressed in popular kids' clothing as he stood in front of a white back drop from a photo shoot.

"My mom took that picture. It's from my very first photo shoot." Luhan explained as he stood beside Sehun.  

Sehun nodded his head, "Hyung is really pretty in it." Sehun complimented. 

Luhan let out a small chuckle as he scratched the back of his head. "Thanks." 

After the examination of Luhan's room, Sehun took off his backpack and set it on Luhan's bed before about to take a seat himself on the plush cushion. 

"No, Sehunnie!" Luhan screamed out as his arm reached to grab hold on Sehun before he could sit down. 

The elder grabbed Sehun's bag and dropped it to the floor. He told Sehun to stay still before going to the small table in the corner of his room with a small miniture table and chairs where he draws to get Sehun a blue chair. 

"I told you that you can't sit on my bed, Sehun-ah. Here, you can sit on this." Luhan instructed as he pushed Sehun by the shoulder down gently on the small blue chair.

The weird behavior was brushed off by Sehun before he pulled his backpack towards himself and ped it, "Hyung! Sehunnie wants to show you these pictures!" The smaller boy exclaimed as he pulled out a stack of processed photos. 

"Oh! If we're showing photos, I wanna show you mine too!" Luhan's eyes grew wide as he made the move to stand up.

Sehun's mood escalated at the idea of sharing memories as he rushed Luhan, "Hurry, hurry"!"

The two kids sat down on the carpet in Luhan's room with the photos on their lap, "Sehunnie, this was me when I was a baby." Luhan passed over a photo of him in his mother's arm, still in the hospital where he was born at. "I was just born."

Sehun was amazed at the photo, his parents never took any photos of at such early times in his life, thinking that whatever rays emitted from he camera would cause harm to their precious boy. Thinking back, those were such false rumors. Luhan got pictures taken at the young age and he turned out alright, perhaps better than alright, Sehun thought. 

"And here was when I went to England with my parents, Sehun-ah!" Luhan presented the picture of him standing on a high building with the Big Ben in the background while flashing a silly smile on his face. "Here was when I went to Canada one winter, we met Kris there!" Luhan smiled as he shoved the picture of him and Kris decked in winter appropriate clothing and a big wool hat in the shape of a deer with small antlers on his head. 

"Hyung knew Kris from before the daycare?" Sehun questioned as he observed the snow white background behind the kids.

Luhan nodded his head and voiced his confirmation. "His dad is my dad's brother. We're cousins. I'm also cousins with Yixing too, he's from my mom's side." 

The next photo was one of Luhan and Yixing at the beach in their colorful swimming trucks with floaties around their waist and arms to keep them from sinking into the water. 

"Kris and Tao are family friends so we went to go see pandas with them once too! I even got to feed the pandas, isn't it amazing, Sehun?" Luhan's voiced oozed with excitement as he the next couple pictures of him, Zitao and Kris at a panda park into Sehun's hand. 

After examining the photographs of Luhan's past along with him explaining and pointing out all the details, Sehun felt his heart drop. Luhan had such amazing pictures from different countries and cities in the world while Sehun's most exciting picture was him at Lotte World for his birthday with his family. The toddler felt out shined by his hyung and therefore wanting to save himself from the embarrassment of his less than exciting pictures, Sehun quickly stuffed them in his backpack again. 

"What's wrong, Sehun-ah? Aren't you going to show me your pictures?" Luhan asked once he noticed Sehun putting his pictures away.

The asked boy shook his head no as he looked at his fingers on his lap. "They're not that good." Sehun shamefully admitted.

Luhan's eyebrows quirked at the sudden change of mood. "I'm sure they are. I want to see them, Sehun." Luhan spoke as his hands made the action to grab the pictures from inside the bag.

Sehun's eyes widened at Luhan's bold move, "No! Luhan, no!" The baby screamed as he snatched the bag to his chest. 

The smile that was previously on Luhan's face had flipped into a frown, "Sehun-ah, what's wrong? I thought you wanted to share your pictures with me?" 

Sehun's eyes trailed down to Luhan's floor to avoid seeing the frown on his best friend's face. "Sehunnie's pictures aren't as fun as Luhan's." Said Sehun in a voice no louder than a whisper. 

The sad expression and downward gaze along with Sehun's pout made Luhan want to squeal at the cuteness overload but he controlled himself enough to pull Sehun to his chest and pat the boy's hair, "Sehunnie, I want to see your pictures, show hyung, okay?" 

Sehun nodded with hesitation, still not seeing the point since they lacked compared to Luhan's photos. 

One by one, Sehun explained his photos and where he was like what Luhan had done to him. The many photographs varied from him being at home posing in his new power rangers pajamas, him in the park by his house with Seyeon and his parents for a picnic, the wall in his room where his mom recorded his height annually as he grew up and down to the last one of Sehun standing in front of the daycare that he now attends with Luhan. 

"I told you they're not very fun, hyung." Sehun said in a low voice as he gathered his pictures up.

Luhan shook his head to argue with Sehun. "I think they're amazing. I really liked the one of you at your grandparents' house. You looked so cute in your tuxedo." Luhan smiled fondly at his favorite toddler. 

Hearing the compliment, Sehun's expression lifted. "Thank you, hyung!" 

The elder of the two ruffled Sehun's hair with a similar smile on his face. 

When Luhan's room became of less interest to the two kids, they changed their location and decided to go downstairs into the kitchen. Luhan had insisted that he feed Sehun some of his favorite cookies, also another way for him to get his mom to leave the jar on the table instead of taking two out each time and giving them to him. Sehun was following behind Luhan down the stairs from Luhan's room, listening to him explain the sugar on the cookies and how they came in many different shapes of animals and sizes. The elder boy stopped abruptly when he reached the bottom of the stairs causing Sehun to run into his back. 

"Mom, are you making baozis?" Luhan asked his mother as he approached her to look onto the kitchen table. 

On the table were trays after trays of freshly wrapped steamed buns, in a separate container held meat molded into the shape of small balls to be used as the stuffing and the dough proportions on the parchment paper in front of Mrs.Lu. Sehun's eyes took in the new sight as much as possible, never had he seen such buns or even the process of making it. 

Mrs.Lu laid the pressed out dough in the palm of her hand, placed the ball of seasoned meat inside and pulled the edges together, forming a small peak on top of the bun before she put it down on the tray beside other identical buns. 

Sehun's mouth dropped as he watch the movement of Mrs.Lu's hands as she started on another bun, too engrossed in watching to notice Luhan stare at him in fascination. 

The boy giggled as he placed a hand on Sehun's chin and lifted the jaw for the baby, "Sehun-ah, if you keep your mouth open for too long, a fly will fly in." Luhan teased.

At the sound of Luhan's voice, Sehun snapped back into reality and a light dust of pink graced his cheeks as he looked down at his feet shyly. 

Mrs.Lu offered for them to watch her and Sehun quickly grabbed Luhan's arm as they kneeled on the dining table chairs to get a better view. Sehun's eyes absorbed the new foreign techniques of cooking, his mouth watering once Mrs.Lu removed the steamed buns from the steamer basket. 

"Sehun-ah, are you drooling?" Luhan giggled as he wiped the saliva pooling at the edges of Sehun's mouth.

The toddler paid no attention to Luhan as he watched Mrs.Lu cut one of the buns open to inspect the inside. 

The next few words that came out of the woman's mouth made Sehun love her, "Sehun, would you like some?"

Baby Oh nodded eagerly, forgetting that his purpose here was to play with Luhan and that he was already full from his breakfast. The aroma of the buns were too alluring to resist. Mrs.Lu placed the bun she just cut in half on the plate for Sehun and placed it in front of him. 

"They're called Baozis," Luhan spoke. "I said Minseok looked like them. Doesn't he? His cheeks are so cute and full." 

Sehun nodded his head as he tried to swallow the huge mushed up chunk in his mouth. "Hot." He uttered after swallowing, sticking his tongue out he fanned it with his hand. 

Mrs.Lu came to the rescue and placed a glass of water in front of Sehun. "Do you like them, Sehun?"

The asked boy nodded and proceed to finish the given food. "Thank you very much, Mrs.Lu." Sehun chirped afterwards. 

"Mommy, can I bring some to the daycare? I promised everyone I would bring them some one day!" Luhan grabbed his mother's sleeve as he whined to her in their native tongue.

Sehun sat amazed, not only was Luhan already pretty and ultra cool, but he just got even cooler when he spoke Chinese, Sehun thought. 

"Hyung, that was really cool! Can you say it again?" Sehun asked as he jumped off the table to rush over to the pair of mother and son. 

"Mommy, can I bring some to the daycare?" Luhan repeated in Korean, a language Sehun could understand. 

Sehun waved a hand in the air dismissively, "No, in Chinese! It sounded so cool!" 

Mrs.Lu and Luhan laughed at the shine in Sehun's eyes and eager attitude. 

By the end of the scheduled play date Mrs.Oh came back to pick up her son. Luhan's mother wrapped up a few of the steamed buns she made earlier for the Oh family to try out. The Chinese woman had assured Sehun's mom that he was being nothing but a cutie and he was a very pleasant visit. Sehun and Luhan were cuddling on the couch as they watch Pororo together, not wanting to let go of one another. 

Sehun was forced into his jacket and shoes, the same red Elmo hat on his head as he stood by the front door. "Mommy, can Luhannie come over tomorrow?" Sehun asked with the same hopeful glint in his eyes when he begged to be allowed over to Luhan's house. 

Mrs.Lu laughed at this familiar event as she placed a hand on her son's shoulder. Luhan gleamed up at her with the same big eyes and a pout on his lips, also asking for the same thing.

"Sehun-ah, next time! Luhan has a family dinner tomorrow!" Mrs.Oh scolded her son. 

Sehun pouted, his eyebrows furrowed and right foot picked off the ground, both hands balled, ready to enter the tantrum stage. 

Mrs.Oh's eyes widened and her voice stern when she noticed the actions, "Oh Sehun, you will not do that here!" Her hand's grip on his shoulder tightened, enough to cause the other to wince slightly and put his feet back down gently, not causing a noise. "You said you'd behave if I let you over today." Came the reminder of their deal. 

"Sehun, maybe next time, okay? Luhan has to come with me to pick up his grandparents at the airport tomorrow." Said Mrs.Lu.

"That's right, Sehun, you'll see Luhan on Monday again anyways. It's just one day of not seeing him." Mrs.Oh supported the argument. 

"But Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung go over to each other's houses everyday!" Sehun whined, his feet stomped lightly.

"Are you Baekhyun or Chanyeol?" Mrs.Oh hissed as she was slowly losing her temper with her stubborn son. His bratty behavior was starting to embarrass the woman. 

Luhan smiled at the scene, happy with how Sehun was sticking to him like glue now, he felt love and nothing but adoration from the boy. "Sehun-ah, come give hyung a hug!" He called out with his arms open. 

Sehun broke free from his mother's grip and ran into the open arms. 

"Hyung wants you to go home, okay?" Luhan told the smaller boy. "I'll see if I can come visit tomorrow, so listen to your mommy or she won't let me come over." He whispered into the boy's ear. 

Sehun's frown changed into a smile as he heard the promise from Luhan and nodded. "Okay," He squeezed Luhan quickly in his hold before letting go and walked back to his mother. "Bye Mrs.Lu, bye Luhannie hyung!" He bid them goodbye with a bow and a wide grin. 


I am so sorry~ it's been a while. I'll try to get the next chapter out faster. I'll include the other kids in then next chap~ I also wanted to say I recently got a dog :3
also thanks to those who sub, comment and upvote. I really do appreciate the love <3 I send out personal thanks if you upvote (shameless ad telling you to upvote lol)