I'm a WOLF, I'll Sniff You Out

Baby Oh Sehun

As the bus that held the twelve kids, two adults and the driver came to a stop, the four excited kids from the back row of the bus came rushing forward. 

"Minseok, Baekhyun, sit down." Mrs.Shin instructed the two who were pushing one another to advance ahead. 

A pout formed on their lips but conplied nonetheless. 

Mrs.Shin stood up at the front of the bus and turned to the kids to give out instructions. "Alright everyone, we're here. We have Mrs.Lu here with us today and she will be taking three groups while I take the other three. She will be your supervisor and everything you do must be checked in with her. Understand?" 

A chorus of agreement rose from every kid's mouth, including Jongin who just woke up. 

Sehun held Luhan's hands as they got off the bus and stood beside Luhan's mom. The lineup to pay for the admission fee was longer than Sehun thought seeing how many other schools were on a field trip here. He wished Seyeon's school was also here. That way he could have shown them that Woohyun and Sunggyu were actually still alive and very much on Earth.

"We'll be meeting back at the cafeteria at noon to have lunch. Did everyone remember to bring their water bottles with them?" Mrs.Shin asked once all 14 were standing inside the entrance. 

Everyone nodded in reply and Zitao pulled out his bottle to show Mrs.Shin. 

The large group broke up with Mrs.Lu in charged of the China line and their respective partners. Zitao and Kris. Sehun and Luhan and Joonmyun with Yixing held their partners' hands as they followed Luhan's mother. 

The group had decided to go to the wildlife animals locked away in cages first on their list. Kris and Zitao had called dibs on the exotic rain forest creatures after. Kris claiming that he wanted new inspiration for his drawings. Mrs.Lu watched over the kids that ran from cages to cages and snapped pictures with their cameras while smiling happily. 

"Luhan hyung! Take a picture of me by this lion!" Zitao begged as he shoved his camera into Luhan's hands. 

He happily agreed before pulling the camera up to his eyes and waited for Tao to get into a pose. Flashing the peace sign with his tongue sticking out, Tao said a quick "okay" to Luhan for him to snap the picture. 

As the group moved further into the Zoo, Sehun pulled Luhan over to a large cage with the interior decorated with leaves and wooden logs. 

"Hyung, what's in there?" Sehun pointed as he tried to peek into the man made caves to look for the animals. 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, his knowledge in Hangul was limited as he pulled his mother to them. "Mommy, what's in there?" 

Taoris and Joonxing had joined the three of them as they all crowded around the cage. 

"Wolves." Mrs.Lu told the kids after she took a look at the information sign. "I guess the wolves are inside their den still. It's the cave over there." The woman pointed to the cave. 

"Why aren't they coming out? I wanna see them." Kris spoke up as he climbed up to the railing to get a closer look. 

"Sehunnie wants to see them too!" The baby shouted as he ran up beside Kris and tried to peek in. 

Kris looked down at the short baby and moved back a step. He wrapped his arms around Sehun's waist and pulled him over to where he was and helped lift the baby up off he ground as much as he could to help him see. 

"Do you see them, Sehunnie?" Kris asked before he let Sehun back onto his feet. 

Luhan frowned from behind the two as he came up and pulled Sehun away. "Over here, Sehun-ah, you can see them from here!" Luhan shouted, happy that he had found an angle for Sehun to see the animals at. 

Feeling accomplished with himself, Luhan hugged the baby from behind as he turned to smile smugly at Kris. The Canadian - Chinese boy had already focused on showing Zitao the wolves that were leaving the den and didn't notice the smile from Luhan. 

"They're so cool!" Sehun cheered as he clapped his hands and clicked away with his camera. 

The six kids asked Mrs.Lu to snap a group photo on all their cameras. Huddled together, Mrs.Lu waited until the wolves inside the cage took notice of the commotion and got near. She motioned for the taller kids, Kris and Tao to stand in the front while kneeling down. Sehun saw the opportunity and bent down, placing one arm on Zitao's back and the other around Luhan's neck. Yixing copied the action and the kids had made a cave unconsciously. Bright smiles lingered on their faces when they looked over the photos in the camera with the wolves. 

The group made their way around the wild animals before moving onto different sections. On the way they were going to the rainforest animals for Kris' pleasure, Sehun caught sight of Jongin who traveled with Mrs.Shin's group.

"Donginnie! Sehun-ah found really cool animals!" Sehun jumped with glee towards the other. 

Jongin heard the voice and met him halfway, the two youngest gushed over their wonderful finds and showed some brief pictures in their cameras to the other and giggled over the fun things. 

Jongin had his mouth going at 100km/h as he tried to tell the story about a ship named Black Pearl when he visit the underwater world earlier with his group. "Sehun-ah! It was in a movie! And there was a model ship and it was so cool! I'm gonna ask my sister to buy me the movie! You should come over and watch it!" Jongin invited the other. 

Sehun happily agreed, looking forward to be seeing this ship Jongin was so excited about. 

"Come over on Saturday."

The smile on Sehun's lips fell off. "Sehunnie can't. Sehun is going to Lulu's house on Saturday." 

Jongin's smile also dropped at the news, "But why? Come over to my house! We can watch the movie and I'll let you eat my candies and cookies! We never hang out anymore now that you have Luhan." Jongin pouted.

Sehun's eyebrows furrowed, his lips set in a frown, "You ditched me for Kyungie hyung first!" The younger accused. 

Realizing what the younger said was true, Jongin stuck his tongue out at Sehun before running back to Kyungsoo while drawling his name out on his tongue. Sehun turned back only to see that no one was beside him. Sehun spun back to where Jongin was standing a second ago. 

"Dongin-ah?" Sehun called out as he spun around on one spot to look for any familiar faces. 

"Luhan hyung?" Sehun said in a louder voice. 

People passed by the Baby standing in the middle with his camera in his hand and the information landyard around his neck. Sehun's eyes widen when a sudden thought hit him. Someone kidnapped Luhannie, Sehun thought. 

With the frantic search for Luhan in mind, Sehun left his spot where he was last seen and started to run around while shouting out Luhan's name. People passing by gave Sehun looks and one of the workers stopped the kid to ask if he was lost. 

"No, Sehunnie must find the bad people who took Luhannie!" Sehun yelled, close to tears at the thought of never seeing his best friend again. 

The worker made Sehun follow him to customer service while he looked over Sehun's information landyard around his neck. Paging Mrs.Shin over the intercom that cut off the music in every section of the zoo, the speaker spoke loud and clear. 

"Shin Hyosung of Sunshine Daycare, please report to the customer service in Wild Animals department. We have a little boy named Oh Sehun here waiting for you. I repeat, Shin Hyosung to customer service in Wild Animals department. Oh Sehun is waiting for you."

Sehun bit his lips in worry and fear. He didn't want to be here with the adults gawking at him and asking him questions about how he was lost.  He had told them in his most stern voice that he wasn't lost, and he was looking for Luhan and not Mrs.Shin. 

"Sehun-ah, Mrs.Shin will be here soon to pick you up. You don't need to be scared. It's normal to get lost." The same worker that had found him told him in a soft voice as he placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

The hand was nothing of comfort but only irritated Sehun further. 

"No! Sehunnie wants Luhan! Luhan got kidnapped by bad people! Call for Luhan! Sehunnie wants Luhan hyung!" Sehun balled his fist and stomped his feet as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Many of the adults around Sehun looked onto the kid with worry. They were good with animals, not kids. That's why they chose to work at the zoo and not at a learning facility. Sehun only bawled harder at seeing them do nothing. When a worker got to close, Sehun striked him with his balled up fist and then cried harder about the throbbing pain afterwards. A scream of frustration tore itself from Sehun's throat when he heard Mrs.Shin running frantically towards him while claiming Sehun to be with her. 

"Sehunnie lost Luhan!" Sehun confessed through his sobs to the daycare advisor, disappointed in himself for not being able to fulfill the promise he made to himself and Luhan.

Mrs.Shin crouched down to Sehun's eye level to wipe the tears cascading down his cheeks while whispering comforting words into his ear. "Sehunnie, Luhan is with Mrs.Lu. He's alright, he's safe." 

"No! Sehunnie saw Dongin so Sehunnie ran to him," Sehun pointed a finger at the figure that seemed to be Jongin through his hazy sight. "Then Dongin left and then Luhan wasn't with Sehunnie!"

From the sidelines Kyungsoo nudged Jongin who stood beside him, "Why did you leave Sehun alone?" 

Jongin frowned, thinking it was his fault that the baby was crying, "I didn't know. I thought Luhan hyung was with him, or Mrs.Lu knew he came to see me. I didn't know that it was because he left the group." 

Sehun's sobs have subsided but his hiccups were still going strong. "Sehunnie must find Luhannie hyung! Mrs.Shin, help Sehunnie please!" The baby begged as he pulled onto Mrs.Shin's arm. 

Mrs.Shin nodded her head and pulled out her cellphone to call Mrs.Lu who answered on the first ring, her voice hoarse and her pants could be heard. "Mrs.Shin, I can't find Sehun! He was just with us! Then Luhan came up to me and asked me where Sehun was and now we're looking for him but we can't find him!" 

The whole situation was explained over the phone and Mrs.Shin told the woman their location before she hung up, after letting Sehun talk on the phone with Luhan to confirm that he was truly in safe hands so the toddler could sit still.

Moments later and Mrs.Lu showed up with the five kids under her care. Luhan ran towards Sehun who was sitting just outside of the customer service on a bench. He sipped from a juice box, Kyungsoo's juice box, that the elder was kind enough to give to him and munched on Jongin's cookies. Jongin was sitting beside the youngest as he patted Sehun's hair, apologizing every few minutes for leaving Sehun alone. 

"Sehun-ah!" Luhan yelled when he spotted Sehun. 

The two ran towards one another with the juice box still in Sehun's hands and mouth trying to swallow the lump of soggy cookies. 

Luhan hugged the baby tight in his arms, not wanting to let go. 

"Mrs.Lu, how about we combine groups and go together? The kids seem to be wanting to." Mrs.Shin suggested as she pointed over to the kids who were marveling over the cameras that the others showed them and vice versa. 

Holding Luhan's hands within his tightly, Sehun started to walk along with the group, not letting Mrs.Shin or Lu out of his sight. 

After lunch together at the cafateria, the group of 14 traveled back to the ship that Jongin was telling Sehun about and they got onto the remade model version of it. 

"I'm a pirate!" Kris popped the collar of his light blue polo shirt up and covered his left eye with his left hand. 

"I wanna be Kris' assistant!" Chanyeol pipped up as he ran towards Kris and stood beside him, hands on his hip and chest puffed out proudly. 

Roles were exchanged on the pirate ship. Luhan and Sehun ran around trying to catch each other while Minseok and Jongdae were wrestling Baekhyun and Chanyeol for the telescope in their hands. Kris and Tao stayed at the front of the ship as Tao extended his arms wide and Kris standing behind the younger with his arms around his waist. Mrs.Shin was recording the kids having fun on her camera and couldn't wait to show them afterward. Joonmyun and Yixing walked around calmly and pointed out the intricate details on the ship that the rest of the kids didn't pay the attention to. That was their way of having fun. 

"Mrs.Shin! Can we go back to the wolves after?" Sehun shouted from the deck, his hands cupping his mouth in hopes for the words to carry out farther.

The kids who heard the baby shouted in agreement and encouragement for the two older women to agree. 

After grabbing ice cream at the parlor outside, Mrs.Shin's daycare took off toward the wild animals again where Mrs.Lu and her group found the wolves' den. 

"That's the biggest wolf!" Sehun pointed to the large gray wolf emerging from its den. 

The rest of the kids marveled at the beauty and the ones that were going up to the Alpha. Everyone that was watching the beasts move around in their confinement, snapping away with their cameras and bright smiles as they watch the creatures interact with one another. 

A light gray wolf was standing protectively over an ashy brown wolf as that one rested his head on the front paws, eyes closing. The gray one didn't move from his position but only sat down as he continued to keep watch over his buddy. 

"That looks like Sehunnie to Luhan hyung." Yixing voiced as he observed the behaviors of the two wolves isolated from the pack who were standing by the window and looking at the kids. 

Joonmyun giggled and nodded, snapping a picture at the two wolves. 

"I wanna be a wolf!" Chanyeol shouted out on the bus that was driving them back to the daycare center.

A round of Yeahs and Me Toos filled the bus and they started naming off what color they wanted to be. "Can Sehunnie be a rainbow one?" Sehun asked Luhan.

"Why do you want to be a rainbow one?" 

"So Sehunnie will be the coolest wolf so Luhannie won't like any other wolf." He grinned at the older.