Stepping On Legos (pt.2)

Baby Oh Sehun

Mrs. Shin offered to walk Luhan to the bathroom to comfort him but the kid refused and rushed off by himself, "Stupid Sehunnie, always thinking about Ziyu. He isn't even that great," The Chinese kid rubbed his eyes to get rid of the accumulating tears. "I'm better than him anyways." 

Back in the the room, Yixing and Joonmyun huddled in their corner, "Joon-ah, why is Luhan mad?" He asked.

The eldest of the two shook his head, "I don't know. He just said he didn't want to be Sehun's friend anymore so I'm guessing it's Sehun's fault." 

Yixing looked taken back as he heard Joonmyun's explanation. "It isn't Sehun's fault. It's obviously this Ziyu we keep hearing about. Did you forget how much Luhan wanted to be friends with Sehun?" 

Joonmyun furrowed eyebrows in confusion, "But Luhan said that he didn't want to be friends with Sehun, not Ziyu. How can it be Ziyu's fault when he isn't even here?" 

The Chinese kid shifted so he sat straight up. "No, Joonmyun. Sehun talks about Ziyu which made Luhan mad. He's just saying he doesn't want to be friends with Sehun anymore because Sehun wants to be friends with Ziyu."

"Yixing, you're confusing me. How is Ziyu even involved?" Joonmyun shifted so he was facing Yixing, who rolled his eyes. 

"Because he's the problem."

"No, he isn't. Sehun is." 

Yixing frowned and turned his back to Joonmyun, clearly irritated that his friend who seemed to understand him so well even before he started to get chatty, was now not on the same page as he was. 

From the other side of the room, Mrs.Shin was at her desk busy going through her contact book and calling the parents of the little kids. 

Her fingers skimmed the pages of the kids' history sheet but Zitao's fingers were busy skimming through the crayons on the table in front of him. 

"Tao, I want to use the green crayon." Kris spoke up as he held out his hand for it. 

The youngest of the Chinese kids looked up at Kris, "What?"

Kris looked up from his picture and turned to look at Tao, "I want to use the green crayon. You're not using it so I want to use it. Give it to me, please." Kris spoke in his polite voice. 

Tao shot Kris a skeptic look before hesitantly passing the crayon over. 

Five minutes have passed before Kris shot his hand off his paper and reached for an orange crayon only to be stopped by Zitao's protective hand over the color.

"What do you think you're doing?" Zitao's face wrinkled in dissatisfaction. 

Kris looked up once again, "Crayon. I want to use the orange one. I returned the green one already." He pointed to the mentioned piece of pigmented wax on the table. 

"You have to ask me before you use them."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Why? They're not yours. They belong to Mrs.Shin and she said we can all use them." 

"You still have to ask me since I'm using them." Zitao pointed out. 

Kris pouted at the the words, "No, you're not. You're using the blue one. I want the orange one." 

"Kris, you have to ask me. I might be using it." Tao tried to explain.

Kris huffed out a frustrated breath before turning away from Zitao. He picked up his piece of unfinished art on the paper and stood up from the table. "I don't want to draw with you anymore." And left the dumbfounded Zitao sitting alone. The forgotten orange crayon rolled down the edge of the table and onto the floor. 

Sehun looked around the room, spotting Kris sitting alone at a different table, the one where they eat their lunches and snacks at. Yixing was now reading a book with his back to Joonmyun instead of beside the other sharing a book in between their laps. Baekhyun was behind the block wall and Chanyeol sat outside the tower waiting for the shorter. His eyes scanned everyone for the head with lighter hair but he couldn't catch a glimpse of Luhan no matter how hard he looked. Sehun walked over to Mrs.Shin who sat at her desk. 

"Mrs.Shin, where is Luhan?" The youngest asked. 

The woman looked up from her papers and scanned for the boy. "I just took him to the washroom and back, so he can't be there. Have you tried calling for him?" She suggested.

Sehun shook his head. 

Mrs.Shin snapped her fingers together once she remembered the whereabouts of the boy, "Oh! He's with Jongin and Kyungsoo in the playhouse." She pointed to the house that Jongin was checking out the perimeter of being entering. 

Sehun said thanks before leaving for the playhouse to find the deer. 

His fist curled and knuckles connected with the door three times. "Luhannie, Lulu hyung!" He called out once he stood in front of the house's doorstep. 

Behind the plastic door and walls were hushed whispers. Luhan telling Kyungsoo and Jongin to keep quiet and for Kyungsoo to reply that he wasn't there. Sehun frowned, why was Luhan hiding from him? 

"Why is Luhan hiding from Sehun? Are we playing a game?" The kid's voice grew sadder with each word. 

"No, Luhan hyung said you're not." Jongin broke the character of a dog and answered Sehun. "He's shaking his head at me now-" He stopped mid sentence only to continue with, "Ow! Hyung, why did you hit me?" 

Moments later and a new voice answered, "Luhan hyung isn't here, Sehunnie," Kyungsoo lied. "I think he's in the washroom."

The youngest frowned, "But Mrs.Shin said that Luhan was over here." The pout was easily identified by his tone of voice, and Luhan knew this. 

From behind the plastic walls, Luhan bit his bottom lip as he contemplated his course of action. He was fed up with listening to the younger rant about Ziyu but also knowing that he's currently hurting Sehun's feelings didn't sit well with him. As second oldest out of all 12 kids, Luhan knew he had to do something. 

Jongin beat Luhan to the solution when the second youngest one of the bunch pushed the door open and stepped out. He grabbed Sehun's wrist and led the younger away. Kyungsoo was sitting beside Luhan with his eyes wide, mimicking Sehun's as he watched Jongin leave with the baby in tow. The two went off to the table where Zitao sat looking at his sheet of paper before sitting down. 

"Luhannie is being a meanie. He's in there but he doesn't want to play with you anymore, Sehun. Do you understand?" Jongin asked as he stared into the baby's droopy eyes, his hands holding onto both of Sehun's to prevent him from running to Luhan through the open doors of Kyungsoo and Jongin's resident. 

Sehun frowned, his lower lips jutting out at Jongin. "Why not?"

Jongin froze; he didn't know why. Why was Luhan mad at Sehun? He didn't know, but he didn't care. His baby Sehun didn't deserve the treatment Luhan was giving him. He was just a mere baby of age three and Luhan should have forgiven him! If he was still Sehun's best friend, he wouldn't have left Sehun's side, Jongin thought. 

He shrugged his shoulders, "Don't know, but Luhan doesn't need Sehun anymore." 

A word too soon had slipped out of his mouth before Sehun's eyes watered at a tremendously fast pace. "What?!" The baby screamed as he took his hands back from Jongin's grasp. 

The loud outburst caused heads to turn in their direction, including Luhan's. 

"What?! Why not?" Sehun continued to scream as he was getting up only to fall back on his . The futile attempt to stand was forgotten as he started to slam his small fist on the floor and trash around on the colorful mat. "Sehunnie wants Luhan! Sehunnie want Luhan!" He bawled.

Luhan sprinted from his position to beside Sehun in an instant as soon as he heard the younger scream for him.

"Sehunnie, stop crying. I'm here, stop crying." He cooed the baby as he patted his head. 

"Dongin said you didn't love Sehun anymore!" Sehun cried as he clung onto Luhan's sweater. 

Luhan shot a dirty look towards Jongin who had a frown on his face, "Sehunnie, I didn't say that." He whispered as Mrs.Shin dropped her pen on the desk and rushed towards the kids.

"Sehun, what happened?" She asked as he tried to lift the kid off Luhan. 

"No!" Sehun screamed as he felt hands prying him off Luhan. 

Luhan shook his head and held Sehun tighter to his chest, "It's okay, I got it. Sehunnie will stop crying soon," he told Mrs.Shin, "Won't you, Sehunnie?" He muttered to Sehun.

Judging from the bob of head on Luhan's chest, Mrs.Shin assumed it was safe enough to start ushering the other kids back to give Sehun and Luhan some time alone to solve the problem.  

"Why did Luhan hide from Sehun?" The baby asked once he peeked out and saw that everyone, including Jongin was gone. 

Luhan sighed and patted the smaller's back, "Because you made me feel unimportant, Sehun. You kept talking about Ziyu and I really didn't like that. It felt like you like him more than you like me. I was sad," He admitted. "Sehun still loves Luhan more than Ziyu, right?" He asked despite the fear creeping up his back.

Sehun gasped before pulling away, "Yes! Sehun loves Luhan! Sehun only likes Ziyu a little bit but Sehunnie loves Luhan, a lot!" He insisted. "Sehunnie wants to marry Luhan!" He blurted. 

Heads, mainly the five heads that planned Luhan and Sehun's wedding turned. "Did Sehunnie just..." Minseok nudged an equally shocked Jongdae beside him. 

After hearing the confession Sehun have Luhan, Baekhyun felt pathetic when he thought back to the fight with Chanyeol. He sighed deeply before standing up from his spot of sulking against the wall to go fix the situation between him and his giant. He found Chanyeol idly pushing a truck back and forth in front of him. His spot with his backside against the block tower wall was still like before. Baekhyun in a deep breath before he made his way out.

Immediately, Chanyeol sat up straight to look at Baekhyun in the eyes, however before he could speak up Baekhyun had beat him to it.

"I will forgive you, if only you promise me something. 

Chanyeol nodded his head as he perked up to listen to Baekyun carefully as to not miss a single word 

"Marry me like Hunhan will, you'll be with me forever, do you agree?"


OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. These few weeks have been so busy for me but I'm getting some days off throughout next week so I'll update more ^^ I wanna wrap up this story soon anyways. 

As compensation for the long wait, I'll write a Halloween theme bonus chapter, yes? :D comment with costume suggestions if you want ~