Missing: Baby Deer

Baby Oh Sehun

The following week was spent with everyone growing accustomed to Sehun's new 180 degree change of behavior towards Luhan. Although everyone was waiting for Sehun to come out and just say "Just kidding" and start rejecting Luhan again, it never came. The pair spent time together while they were at the day care, every last second of it. Sehun would be attached to Luhan's side and Luhan wouldn't let the toddler out of his sight, even when Sehun had to use the washroom, Luhan would be standing outside the door and wait for him. Sehun's mood lifted tremendously since the past Monday. During the outdoor recess that was held daily before snack time, Luhan and Sehun would be playing together, either it be taking turns pushing one another on the swing set or Luhan teaching Sehun how to play tic-tac-toe, the two never left each other. Sehun still had to have his milk therapy session at ten o'clock but during the time, Luhan would be laying right beside him on the lady bug bean bag pillow with a book in hand, and he would flip the pages and try to explain the contents of the book to Sehun while the baby continued to drink from his bottle. Lunch time became less of a hassle, the once ritual of fighting over possession of the Chocopie was long over; Luhan always won even if he asked for it or not.

"Sehunnie, do you love me?" Luhan asked cheekily as he looked over at Sehun who was preoccupied with the book in his hand.

The baby only mumbled back what seemed to him as an appropriate response but it sounded like a grunt of annoyance to Luhan. A frowned graced his lips only to be replaced with a smile when Sehun put his book down and turned to Luhan. 

"Hyung, let's go eat candy?" Sehun asked with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

Luhan's eyebrows furrowed, "Where do we get candy from?" He asked the toddler. 

The shorter of the two stood up and dragged Luhan with him towards the coat rack where the kids hung up their backpack and jackets. Sehun dropped his grip on Luhan as he started to rumage shoulder deep into his bag. The creased eyebrow on Sehun's face lifted into a look of joy when his hand seem to have grazed upon what he was looking for. Sehun steered his body around to scan the room, on the look out for any curious eyes in the name of Minseok or Baekyeol. None, good, Sehun thought.

He retracted his hand from his bag, held in his small palm were two marshmallow in individual plastic packaging with accented in either blue or pink. 

"Mommy bought Sehunnie candy yesterday, and Sehun brought some for Lulu," He explained as he pulled Luhan closer so the two were huddled together. "Which one does Lulu want? Blue or pink? Pink is strawberry." The baby whispered as he pointed to the pink accented wrapped white marshmallow.

The treat held in Sehun's hand was a mystery to Luhan; he had never seen such thing before. "Which one tastes better?" Luhan asked the owner.

"Sehunnie likes both, but pink tastes better." Whispered Sehun.

"Okay, give hyung the pink one." Luhan pointed to said marshmallow.

The two sat down facing Sehun's bag with their backs to the rest of the room as they tried to prey the marshmallow out. "Hyung, be gentle or it'll get really sticky." Sehun warned.

Luhan nodded as he resorted to pulling at the jaggered edges with his teeth to tear the wrapping apart, and it worked. "Hunnie, give it to hyung." He showed Sehun's his success against the plastic and Sehun passed his over to Luhan who teared it apart with his teeth.

"Hyung, don't bite it. Sehunnie did that and shirt got dirty yesterday." He demonstrated what Luhan should do by stuffing the whole marshmallow the size of two of his fingers into his mouth and chomped down. 

Luhan followed the actions as he watched Sehun try to bite and manouver the sweet fluff in his mouth around. Stuffing the whole piece into his mouth with advice from Sehun, he bit down onto it and felt a gush of a thick substance hit his tongue. The strawberry syrup inside the marshmallow spilled out at the puncture of it's shell and Luhan loved the taste and texture of the marshmallow and sticky syrup inside. 

"That was so good!" Luhan exclaimed once he had swallowed the candy. "Can you bring me more tomorrow, Hunnie?" Luhan pleaded the toddler who had a proud look on his face. 

"Nope, they belong to Sehunnie." He teased before he stuck a 'merong' at Luhan and stood up to run off towards the other kids.

Luhan pouted as he watched Sehun bounce off towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol, leaving him with the job of disposing the wrappers. After seeing the toddler opening his mouth to the two older from his spot, Luhan knew what was coming up.

"Hyung, what do you have there?" Chanyeol asked as he stood over the older with Baekhyun by his side. 

The deer snapped his head up at the source of the voice and his face formed a question mark. "Huh?"

Baekhyun pointed to the wrapped in Luhan's hands. "Are those from candy? Hyung, are you eating candy without sharing again?" Baekhyun asked with a disapproving frown on his face.

Eyes widening, face flushed, "No! Well... They are from candy, but I wasn't eating them alone."

The disapproving look on Baekhyun's face changed into one of dislike, "Only shared with Sehunnie again, huh? Hyung, why don't you love us?" He asked Luhan as Chanyeol stood by him with copied stance of crossing his hands across his chest and chin up as he looked away from Luhan on the ground.

"But Sehun was the one who gave them to me..." Luhan's voice drifted off softer with each word as Baekyeol got farther and farther away from him.

Fed up with Sehun playing him like this whether with bad intentions or not, Luhan was done with this attitude. He marched over to Sehun and grabbed his wrist and he tugged the younger boy towards a corner. 

"Sehunnie, you can't keep doing this to me. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are mad at me now!" Luhan cried as he shook the baby.

Big and innocent eyes stared back at Luhan. "What did Sehunnie do?" 

"You told Baekhyun and Chanyeol that I had candy, and that I gave you some. When in truth, you were the one that gave it to me. You only gave it to me, and you didn't give any to them, and now they think I was the one who only gave you some and now they're mad at me!" Luhan spoke in one harsh breath, his words mingling together.

A shy smile appeared on Sehun's face after a few seconds of him taking in Luhan's sentences in. He brought his hands up and placed them parallel to his jaw and smiled, his eyes creasing into cute twin cresents, "Sorry, Lulu hyung." And Luhan was done. All anger had dispered from his body and he was left with a dumb, awestruck smile on his face as he resisted from squishing Sehun's cheeks.

Lunch time passed like every other day, after the satisfying meal, tired eyes were being rubbed to keep themselves awake, one yawn would trigger another and soon the twelve kids were getting blankets and pillows out to cover the fluffy carpet. Mrs.Shin walked over to her stereo and pressed play to allow the lullaby tunes to flow around the room once the kids had picked a spot. Jongin by now had dropped his pet act and demanded that Kyungsoo make him his resting area with words, Minseok and Jongdae were already sprawled down on the ground, eyes fluttering close. Baekhyun and Chanyeol rushed around to find the teddy bear toys they brought along for this nap time. Kris and Zitao were once again arguing, one saying he wanted to be closer to the window while Kris argued that birds would be watching them sleep. Joonmyun was once again making sure that Yixing had peed before the two would sleep and he would comb their hair before they would lay down, claiming that it would prevent tangles later. Sehun and Luhan were already situated in the middle of the mat, surrounded by their friends who were starting to settle down as well. Sehun smiled up at Luhan who was taking his pull over sweater off to join Sehun. 

"Hyung, can you tell me a story?" Sehun asked Luhan once he rested beside him, pillows touching, each under their own blankets but bodies close enough to share one.

Luhan yawned and smiled lazily at the boy. "Once upon a time, there lived a boy named Shixun. He was so tired one day and he went to sleep. The end."

A fit of giggles erupted from Sehun. "Sehun and Shixun sound alike." 

Luhan mumbled back an agreement as his eyes started to close, the day's event had worn him down. 

"Hyung, no! That wasn't a good story, tell Sehunnie another one!" Sehun demanded of the half asleep boy.

More incoherent noises were made by Luhan before he turned to his side and drapped an arm around Sehun and pulled him closer. "Sleep, Hunnie. Hyung is tired." 

Sehun, pleased with the position and warm heat Luhan`s body was radianting off; wrapped his own arm around Luhan's waist as he snuggled deeper into his own pillow, "Sweet dreams, Hannie." And fell asleep along with Luhan by his side. 

By the time Sehun had woken up from Baekhyun and Chanyeol's argument of whose turn it was to be the king inside the castle made out of blocks, along with Kai's obnoxious barks and Kyungsoo's scolding him to keep quiet for him to sleep, he had noticed a difference. The arm that he slung over Luhan was in a different position, he was no longer laying on his side but now on his back, the blanket was not pulled over his chest but instead laid tangled in his legs. Worse of all, no Luhan telling him he was had drooled during his sleep. Within Hunhan, Luhan would usually be the first one to wake but he wouldn't leave Sehun unless he had to pee, instead he would be drawing or coloring nearby Sehun's sleeping state.

Sehun sat up in his dazed state of mind, the sleep not completely gone from his system. "Lulu?" He called out.

No responses. 

"Luhan? Hyung?" Sehun rubbed the sleep off his eyes and looked around.

He spotted Zitao who ran over to him. "Sehunnie, Luhan is gone." He informed the younger who took a second to respond with wide eyes and shot straight up.

"What?!" Sehun screamed which caught the attention of everyone around.

Zitao nodded at Sehun, "Yeah, Mrs.Shin told me. I woke up and looked for her but she was coming back in from closing the door and walking Luhan with his mom out." 

"Why?" Sehun asked, tears already forming in his eyes. "Why would Luhan leave? Was it because Sehun was being mean to Luhan? Was it because Sehun joked that he wouldn't bring Luhan more marshmallow candy?" Sehun asked the boy in front of him.

"I don't know." Zitao uttered as he tried to inch away from Sehun's tight grip on his forearms.

"Sehunnie has to find Luhan!" Sehun scrambled from his spot and rushed around to everyone, asking them for information about Luhan.

He ran over to Baekyeol, who seems to always have answers. "Where is Luhan?!"

The two looked at their youngest, puzzled expression was clearly present. "We don't know, Sehun. Sorry, we were sleeping when he left." 

A strangled cry left Sehun as he ditched the two to run around the room, looking behind bookshelves and under the tables, in the toy box and even in the washroom. Without luck of finding Luhan even at the most impossible place such as in the cabinets of Kyungsoo and Jongin's "home". 

"Lulu left..." Sehun plopped down on the lady bug pillow in the middle of the room, where Luhan and him would be reading a story together, except this time, Luhan was not around. "Mrs.Shin, where did Luhan go?" He turned to ask the woman that seated herself beside Sehun and rubbed his back for comfort.

"Luhan's mother came and picked him up during naptime. She said that Luhan had to go to a photoshoot, Sehun. He wanted to wait and tell you when you woke up but they had to be there on time. He said to tell you he's sorry."

Sehun sat there alone, his mood was down, he felt like crying, but crying wouldn't make him feel better; he knew that. The tight feeling inside his chest wouldn't go away. A frowned appeared on Sehun's face as he sat at that one spot and hugged the blanket that Luhan used earlier close to his body, thinking of it as Luhan. He refused to let go when Minseok and Jongdae proposed for him to play with them, he turned Baekhyun and Chanyeol down when they asked if he wanted to learn girl group dances with them, he rejected Kyungsoo's offer of him joining Jongin and him inside the playhouse, and he ignored Zitao and Kris' offer to draw. 

Thursday winded down like a rollarcoaster for Oh Sehun. In the morning he was smiling and seeing Luhan's fascinated face as he bit into the marshmallow, he fell asleep hugging Luhan but when he woke up, the deer had gone missing. Sehun was tired physically and mentally, he missed Luhan. Sehun would have to go home today without hugging Luhan goodbye and without hearing Luhan's promising words of "See you tomorrow, Sehun-ah!", he would have to settle for the hug that Chanyeol gave him before departing with Baehyun and his sister.


oh ma gosh, did everyone order exo's album yet?! I pre ordered the Kiss version ^^ tell me below if you did please. I want to fangirl together ^^
oh, hint at next chap: (title) XOXO, Hugs and Kisses. LOL why is this so small? idk. (i can't even read this myself lol)