Baby Faced Cry Baby

Baby Oh Sehun

Sehun's eyes stayed glued onto the boy in front of him. Why was his hair that color? Why did he have a full face but a frail body? Why wasn't he nervous like the rest of them were? Sehun remembered how he felt the first time he had entered the classroom and looked around at all the unfamiliar faces and was surprised when his mother had slipped out of the room when he was too preoccupied with observing his surroundings. The fast thump of his own heart had scared him, he thought it was going to jump out of his chest. Why wasn't this kid feeling that way? He seemed much more relaxed than anyone should be in unfamiliar territory. Sehun's territory.

"Why is he here?" Sehun questioned before he could stop himself. 

His parents had taught him well on his manners and behaviors around others, especially someone his age. The different thing was Sehun didn't want to be friendly with this stranger. He didn't want him to think that he could simpy prance into the room wearing his cute single toed spaced socks with cute little deers on them and steal his thunder. The protective feeling rose up in his chest as he grabbed onto Joonmyun's hand and scooted closer to the older boy.

Mrs.Shin gave Sehun a questioning look. He was never the type to be so rude to strangers, or anyone in general. "Sehun, these are our new friends. They will be with us from now on." She explained. 

Sehun shook his head, finding this reality hard to believe. Why couldn't he be like those kids that came and left like that one girl who bothered Sehun all day and wanted to play with his hair despite him rejecting her. Joonmyun noticed the different behavior of his favorite kid and wounded his arm around Sehun, hoping to comfort their youngest. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol was happily familiarizing themselves with the newcomers as they talked in a group, or at least Baekhyun and Chanyeol talked while the other two just sat on the carpet and listened. Mrs. Shin had given them cute name tag stickers for them to write their names on, saying that it would help the new kids learn the name. The bright red and white sticker with the "Hello, My name is" and a white box for Sehun to write his own name onto was contrasting with his brown overalls. Sehun had scribbed his name on the best he could with Kyungsoo's help at the last syllable in his name. Everyone was sticking the tag on their shirts with Chanyeol sticking it on upside down and the new kid, Kris, helping him fix it. 

Luhan sat on his chair, ignoring the commotion around them at how the original kids acting as tour guides to show the other three newcomers around as he carefully wrote his name down. His parents and manager had taught Luhan how to write his name in Hangul, which he thought would be easier for the other kids to read. 

"You're in Sehun's chair," Came a high pitch voice behind him. Luhan turned his head around to see Sehun standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, buffing it out to make him look as manly as possible. "Get off." Sehun instructed.

Luhan stared at Sehun blankly, trying to register his words. He then looked down at the smooth, clean table and back up at Sehun. "I don't see your name on it." He replied.

A nerve caused Sehun's eye to slightly twitch. "Well it's Sehun's. It has been Sehun's since last year. Sehun was here first." He sneered at Luhan.

Luhan placed the lid back onto his blue marker and set it down before turning his body to face Sehun in the chair. "It was someone else's before you came along. It belongs to the centre, it's not yours." Luhan reasoned. 

Sehun's face temperature rose. "You," He struggled to find the approriate words one could say to such a comeback. "Oh yeah? Well you talk funny!" Sehun pointed out Luhan's accented Korean.

"That's because I'm not from here. I came from China. Like Yixing, Zitao and Kris. Actually, Kris came from Canada, but he's still Chinese." Luhan explained in a calm manner, like the insult Sehun threw at his way meant nothing to him, which it really didn't. There was nothing wrong with having an accent at trying to speak a language that wasn't his native tongue. 

A glare was sent Luhan's way before Sehun grabbed the chair by the back rest and pulled it towards himself, causing Luhan to lose balance. The chair tumbled down onto its side and Luhan rolled off onto the opposite side with his face planted on the ground. Sehun seemed pleased with himself to finally get his chair back until he heard a muffled sob. The muffled sound grew in volume once Luhan sat on his and began to bawl endlessly. The painful sound caused everyone to stop what they were doing. A rule was broken. You were not allowed to make anyone cry at the daycare. No one should be crying.

Here Luhan was, tears streaming down his face and throat getting sore from the scream he was making as he pounded his fist on the ground beside him. Mrs. Shin rushed over from beside Jongin's side who was helping Kyungsoo find the chef hat in the bin of costumes in the play area. 

Mrs. Shin immediately kneeled down beside Luhan and pulled him onto her lap. "What happened, Sehun? Why is Luhan crying?" She asked as everyone else gathered around. 

Luhan continued to cry while trashing around in Mrs.Shin's lap. "He pushed me!" Luhan yelled as he pointed a finger Sehun's direction. The blubbering continued as Luhan tried to tell the babysitter everything that happened. "I was trying to be nice, but he called me names and told me to get off the chair, and then he made me fall!" Luhan hollared with his finger still pointing to the wide eyed Sehun.

The boys that had now formed a circle began to mumble and whisper to one another and themselves. "Sehun's a meanie." He heard a voice say. The thought that someone didn't like Sehun made his chest tighten and fear overcome him. 

"Sehun didn't push him," Sehun took a step back unconcsciously. "He was in Sehun's chair." He tried to befend himself.

Jongin was the one who had voiced everyone's thoughts. "We always let you take what's ours." 

Tears welded in Sehun's eyes at the disapproving look everyone was shooting him. Mrs.Shin had stopped Luhan's tears with the lollipop offered by Joonmyun. Sehun saw the whole scene. Those lollipops weren't suppose to be given to outsiders. He had recieved a watermelon one just like the one Luhan got. Joonmyun said those were for special friends only! Since when did Luhan become special, or even a friend? Sehun thought to himself as his glare intensified at the boy who was unwrapping the candy.

"Hyungs!" Sehun howled once he saw that everyone was leaving while still whispering ill words about him. "Sehun didn't mean to hurt him!" Sehun had dropped onto the floor and was entering his tantrum stage until Jongin caused him to pause in his tracks.

"Stop it, Sehun. What you did was mean. Luhan can sit anywhere he wants." Jongin defended Luhan before he left to go to the garbage bin by the door to throw out Luhan's lollipop wapper. 

Kyungsoo sat down beside Sehun, hoping to stop him from his trantrum before Sehun started to throw items within his reach across the room while wailing at the top of his lungs. He sat down and wrapped his short arm around Sehun's shoulder. "Sehunnie, why did you do that?" Kyungsoo asked.

The question alone made Sehun's blood boil. "Sehunnie doesn't like Luhan. Sehunnie wants Luhan to leave. Luhan is mean!" Sehun cried softly as he pulled his knees up to his chest. "He makes hyungs not like Sehun anymore." He sniffed as he spoke the sentence softly, not even sure if Kyungsoo heard him or not.

Kyungsoo looked down at Sehun who was hugging himself, trying to contain his tears. "I like Sehunnie. Sehunnie is still the cutest, but hurting others is not nice. Luhan is hurt. Don't be mean to him anymore, okay?" Kyungsoo tried to bargain.

Sehun looked up at Kyungsoo, contemplating the suggestion. He never meant to hurt Luhan in the first place, he had only wanted to show him who everyone loved the most. He wanted Luhan to know his place and not to threaten him. He scanned the room quickly to see Luhan using the letter blocks to make words with Joonmyun number two in the corner as Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked over their shoulders. The two familiar boys smiled at Luhan and ruffled his hair affectionately. 

"Kyungie, look! He stole Channie and Baek from Sehun already!" Sehun accused Luhan as he pointed in their direction.

"They're just playing with him, Sehun. They're being friendly to him. You should be too." 

Sehun looked over at Kyungsoo, a look of betrayal on his face. Kyungsoo was also taken away by evil Luhan. Sehun had already lost Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongin to Luhan, he was not going to lose any more of his friends.

He stood up and walked over to where Joonmyun was, sitting by the books and pointing at the pictures while Jongdae and Minseok was watching him explain the pictures. 

"Hyung." Sehun whined, trying to catch the older boy's attention. 

The three turned to Sehun who stood there with one strap of his overall falling off his shoulder as he rubbed his eyes, hoping to get rid of the remaining wetness. "Hyung, are you mad at Sehunnie?" He asked with a pout on his lips.

"Sehunnie's so cute!" Minseok exclaimed as he clapped his hands. "Come here!" He called as he patted his lap. Sehun plopped down onto Minseok's lap, nearly crushing the boy who wasn't much bigger than he was himself, just taller and slightly chubbier. 

Together, the three of them continue to listen to Joonmyun trying to explain the children story book using the limited words he could read and piecing the images together.