Baby Oh Tries Something New

Baby Oh Sehun

The weekend arrived and Sehun was more than estatic that morning to hear that he would be going out with his mother to the salon to get his hair trimmed. Sehun's eyes widened at the wonders happening around him; street food vendors doing their business, teenagers walking around together either in groups or in couples, everyone was lively and Sehun took in the aroma coming from the food and the noises of cars and conversations floating about. The walk was short before Sehun found himself sitting on the chairs and swung his legs around lazily as he flipped through magazines to try and find hairstyles he would like to have. 

"Sehun, how do you want your hair?" The lady asked him after she had drapped him up and sat him on some phonebooks as a makeshift stand for him not to be swallowed up by the chair.

Sehun thought about it but his mother interferred before he could speak. "How about that popular kid? The one we were talking about earlier?" 

The lady happily agreed but Sehun was clueless while she picked up her scissors and began to clip away.

Approximately ten minutes later, the black drape was taken off Sehun's shoulder with his hair falling onto the once clean floor. His mother clapped her hands from the corner but all Sehun could take in was the face that stared back at him through the mirror. The face was his face, but his mop of dark hair that was previously on his head had been cut off and was now replaced with a shorter cut. The frings in front were now lined up to his brows and had a slight sweep to the right instead of falling into his eyes. Running his hand through his freshly cut hair, Sehun could tell that the back was shorter to his nape and there were strands that laid shorter than the rest, as "layers", the stylist had told him. Layers? Once the hair dresser held a large mirror and stood behind Sehun did he see how much resemblance this hair showed to someone else he knew, someone with much lighter hair, Someone that was known as a deer, someone named Luhan.

A frowned was worn on Sehun's face. "Sehun, do you not like it?" His mother had asked after he got off the chair.

"No! Sehunnie no like!" He shouted, seeing the image of his reflection with the new hair in his mind. "Why does Sehunnie look like Luhan?! Sehun don't want to look like Luhan!" 

Mrs.Oh frowned at her son, "But Sehun, Luhan is really cute, and his hair is really nice. Why don't you like it?" 

"No! Sehunnie don't like hair! Sehunnie don't like Luhan!" The toddler screamed as he stomped his foot multiply times. Sehun's right hand reached up to grab a handful of his own hair. "Cut! Cut! Sehunnie don't like! Cut!" The boy demanded.

Sehun was dragged out of the salon with looks of questioning and concern from the other clients when he started to wail loudly and reached for items within his reach to throw across the room and pulled at his hair, demanding the impossible for the lady to give him back the hair that she had cut off. The commotion caused by Mrs.Oh's son left her baffled by his horrible behavior had brought a terrible mood on for the both of them.

"Sehun, that wasn't nice what you did back there. I taught you better. Why did you yell and cry in a store full of people?" Mrs.Oh demanded of the sulking boy.

"Hair is ugly! Sehun don't like hair! Give Sehun old hair back!" He yelled as he glared at the cement floor under his feet.

HIs mother huffed and stood up to her full length. "Well I'm sorry, Sehun, but you're going to have to wait for your hair to grow back."

The boy threw a glare at his mother before he plopped down on the floor sitting crossed legged with his arms crossed over his chest. "Sehunnie don't like mommy anymore." He muttered to himself lowly.

Looking down at her pouting son whose eyes are still brimmed red from his previous tears tugged on the heartstrings of the woman. "Sehun, mommy is sorry, okay? How about I make it up to you by buying us lunch?" She offered as she crouched back down to talk to Sehun.

"Don't want lunch."

After various bribery attempts, Mrs.Oh was surrendered to taking Sehun to a nearby café and ordered him sandwiches and many different types of dessert. The two sat across from each other and ate. Sehun's mood was starting to lighten up when he poked his fork into the second slice of cake he had guilted is mother into buying. The boy smiled happily as he dug into the cake and left his forgotten sandwich on the side after taking one bite out of it. 

"Is it good?" Mrs.Oh asked as she wiped the corners of Sehun's mouth with her napkin.

Sehun nodded his head and continued eating happily. 

The two were unaware of the three people who entered the café and stood in line. Luhan looked around and his eyes landed on the chalkboard menu above the cashiers and with his limited knowledge on reading hangul, he gave up and only stared at the pretty colors the characters were written in. The whole café was lit up mostly with natural sunlight streaming in from the front windows, there were table booths against the left and right walls of the room with couple tables in the middle. The whole color scheme was peachy and creamy, giving off a young and cute atmosphere along with the young workers serving at the counter. Luhan decided that he really liked the pleasant place.

"Luhan, what do you want to eat?" His mother asked as she crouched down to her son.

"Do they have bubble tea?" The boy asked as he scanned the board once more. 

Minutes later and Luhan was sitting at the table across the room from Sehun and his mother as he waited for his uncle and mother to bring back his lunch and the bubble tea. The café didn't lack in customers as the lunch hour rush was approaching. The Chinese boy's eyes fell onto his newest daycare lover when he spotted Sehun sitting at the table across the room from him.

"Luhan, who are you looking at?" His uncle asked once he had returned with the food. 

"Can I go talk to my friend? His name's Sehun and he's sitting right there." Luhan pointed in Sehun's direction.

Following the boy's finger, Luhan's uncle agreed and Luhan ran off to Sehun with his bubble tea in hand.

"Sehun-ah!" Luhan yelled once he got close enough.

Mrs.Oh and her son both looked to the direction of the source of voice and a smile spread across Mrs.Oh's face once she recognized Luhan, but the opposite emotion played on Sehun's face. "Go away." Snapped Sehun then he turned back to his cake, no longer seeing it as appetizing as he saw it a second ago.

Luhan's pout didn't last long and was replaced with a smile once he gave a 90 degree bow to Sehun's mom and received a praise for his wonderful manners afterward. 

"Sehun, move over and let Luhan sit with you." Mrs.Oh instructed.

A rant of protest and a look from Mrs.Oh later and Sehun reluctantly moved to the side to make room for Luhan's on his bench at the table. 

Luhan happily took a seat next to Sehun, smile still intact. "Sehunnie, have you tried bubble tea before?" Luhan held out the cup with the big straw to Sehun, something completely foreign to him. 

"No." The boy answered but his gaze was still on this new drink in front of him.

"Try it! It's really good!" Luhan offered, positioning the straw closer to Sehun's mouth. "It's taro flavored, you're not allergic, are you?" The smile disappeared as he pulled the cup back in case Sehun really was allergic to it.

"No." Mumbled Sehun as he looked down at his cake. 

"Luhan, it's so nice of you to offer." Mrs.Oh said.

The next couple of minutes was spent with Mrs.Oh asking Luhan questions and finding out that he was in the middle of a photoshoot and was having his lunch break with his manager and mom at the same café when he pointed to the two siblings eating from across the room. Luhan found Mrs.Oh to be very likable, just like her son was, except she was much friendlier than Sehun was towards him, something he appreciated greatly. Soon, Mrs.Oh decided that it was time for Luhan to get back to his family and finish his meal instead of sitting there with the two and she excused herself to go talk to Luhan's mother and introduce herself out of courtesy and apologize for keeping Luhan from his meal.

"Sehun, try some! It's good!" Luhan insisted once again.

Sehun gave the drink in Luhan's hands a curious look, the purple color of the drink was something Sehun had never seen before and the black balls swimming at the bottom only added to Sehun's curiosity. "What is it?" 

"It's bubble tea! Taro flavored, it's sweet and it's really good! Just try it!" Luhan insisted.

Sehun's eyes darted toward where his mother was talking with Luhan's mother and  uncle and back to the boy holding the drink in front of his face. Sehun scooted closer and dipped his head down, bringing his mouth over the larger than normal straw and . Three pearls ended up in his mouth and he chewed at them experimentally, finding the texture and taste to his liking. The purple drink also tasted really good too, Sehun thought.

Clapsing his hands together, Sehun looked up at Luhan with puppy eyes. "More?" He squeaked shyly, asking for Luhan to give him another sip.

Luhan giggled at Sehun's cute expression before he pushed the large cup into Sehun's small hands. "You can have it, okay?" Sehun nodded his head happily, excited with the thought of having the whole cup of goodness to himself until Luhan continued. "But," Looking up, Sehun gave Luhan a questioning look. "You have to give hyung a kiss, okay?" Luhan brought his index finger up to tap his cheek expectantly.

Distaste twisted itself onto the dark hair boy's face. "No." He pushed the drink back at the now pouting Luhan.

"Why not? You kissed Joonmyun and Baekhyun the other day! Luhannie hyung wants a kiss too!" Luhan whined as he pushed the drink back to Sehun and tugged on his arm.

"Because Sehunnie likes Doonmyun and Baekkie." Sehun held his nose high in the air after he placed the drink on the table in between them. 

Luhan's pout dropped into a frown. "Are you saying you don't like me? Why not, Sehun-ah? I'm nice to you! I always want to play with you, so why don't you like me?" He pleaded the younger for answers.

"No." Sehun by now had turned his body away from Luhan with his arms crossed over his chest and a look of aminosity on his face. "Sehunnie no like Luhan. Luhan is not nice."

Tears started to swell in Luhan's eyes, the unacceptance of Sehun had punched a hole into his heart, the suffocating feeling blooming in his chest. "Sehun-ah," Luhan called out with his cracked voice.

The two little kids were unaware of Mrs.Oh returning to their table to call Luhan back to his own and finish up and take Sehun shopping for some new clothes as he had bargained with her earlier. She returned to the table, seeing Luhan's hunched back facing Sehun with her son looking away from the boy with his arms crossed, bratty Sehun was back. A sigh left her lips as she slowly felt embarrassed for her son's attitude once again. Luhan was a lovely kid, a very sweet kid and where he had learned it from was his mother, the lady herself was also very sweet to Mrs.Oh, the two quickly being friends. 

"Luhan, you should go back and eat now." Mrs.Oh placed her hand on Luhan's shoulder.

The boy turned around, his eyes b red as he nodded and bowed to her before he left to return to his table. Guilt eating at her stomach, Mrs.Oh spun her son around to see his bratty face. "What did you do to Luhan?"

"Sehunnie didn't do anything to Luhan. Luhan asked if Sehun likes him and Sehunnie said no." The short boy replied, innocent expression on his face as he saw no flaw in what he had said. 

"Sehun! That's rude! Go apologize to Luhan right now!" Mrs.Oh demanded of her son, face reddening with anger and emabarrassment from thinking of what Mrs.Lu would think about her for her son's scanty behavior. "Go over there and apologize to Luhan right now, Oh Sehun. You better make it the most sincere apology you've ever given and I want you to give him a hug to make up for it." 

Sehun opened his mouth, ready to shoot back at his mom that he hasn't done anything wrong, therefore having no reasons to say sorry but the threatening and angry look on his mother's face held him back from arguing and a greater force was telling him to comply to her otherwise he would get no dinner that night and he could say goodbye to his shopping trip to the mall that was to follow after the two finished eating. 

"And what is this? Is this Luhan's drink? Sehun, he gave you his drink and you made him cry? I taught you better than this! Go and apologize to Luhan right now!" His mother narrowed her eyes at the drink and redirected her gaze to Sehun after, causing him to flinch in his seat.

Sehun sighed as he picked up the bubble tea and walked over to Luhan's table as he stopped by Luhan's seat beside his mother. He gave a bow and introduced himself like his mom and Mrs.Shin had taught him whenever he was to talk to strangers. "Hello, I'm Oh Sehun."

Luhan's eyes widened as he paused his eating and turned in his seat to the boy, full attention on him. "Sehun-ah,"

"Sehunnie is sorry, Luhan. Please forgive Sehun." He bowed again, this time to Luhan and he stood on his toes to reach and place the cooling drink on the table in front of Luhan. "Sehunnie is sorry. Please forgive Sehun." He repeated but this time he reached over and hugged Luhan around the waist.

A blush against Luhan's pale cheeks later and Sehun pulled back, his own cheek a different color than it was before. "Sehun is-" He started again only to be interrupted by Luhan's own crushing hug. 

"Stop, Sehun. I forgive you," Luhan smiled brightly as he squeezed Sehun tighter in his small arms.

Sehun pulled back immediately and adverted his eyes on the ground, his own cheeks reddening the longer he stayed there. "Sehunnie go now. Goodbye." He bowed to Luhan and the adults as he ran to his mom by the door who was waving bye at Mrs.Lu.


I didn't like this chapter very much. I'm sorry for the late update and such a crappy chapter :/