Baby's Pants on Fire

Baby Oh Sehun

Sehun finds himself staring at the wall in a grumpy mood with an unfriendly frown on his face. The event turned out with Mrs.Shin rushing in from closing and making sure the front entrance door was properly locked to prevent intruders, her face when she came in to see Sehun on top of Baekhyun and hitting him was not a sight Sehun wanted to see ever again. The kids around all formed a circle and Kyungsoo was crying with Jongin hugging him comfortingly even though he was starting to feel tears prickling at his eyes. The rest of the kids, especially Chanyeol, tried to prey Sehun off of Baekhyun but it was useless as Sehun would slap his hands away and scream at Chanyeol not to touch him.

The events had calmed down with Baekhyun having no visible injuries on his body but Sehun knew that his mother - the soon to be president - will be hearing of this. Sehun frowned and tears pricked at his face when he thought of the trouble he would get in then, all of Korea would hate him, Sehun thought sorrowfully. Sehun's legs were starting to turn into jelly from standing too long and he turned around to peek at the kids, playing peacefully with each other. Baekhyun and Chanyeol was sitting at a table with Luhan not too far away, sitting on a stool and smiling angelically as Baekhyun and Chanyeol tried to draw him with crayons. Sehun frowned at the sight. Luhan was taking everyone from him. His eyes drifted to Joonmyun who hasn't come by him to talk to him about his behavior and make him feel better yet, instead he was sitting in a corner and reading with Yixing. Sehun's eyes fell on Mrs.Shin who was sitting and building a tower out of Mega Bloks with the remainder of the kids across the room from him. Sehun sat down on the ground and pulled his legs up to hug and rest his chin on it. His sniffles started to become louder as fresh tears threatened to fall. 

"Sehun, are you okay?" Luhan peered over the youngest's shoulder to get a clearer look of his red face.

Sehun tensed at the foreign voice and stuffed his face into his knees deeper. "Go away! He mumbled out the best he could.

Luhan sighed and left the toddler alone after that and went back to praising Baekhyun and Chanyeol on their drawings of him despite it having little to no resemblance to him at all. "Baekhyunnie, forgive Sehunnie? He's sad." Luhan pointed to Sehun who still sat in the same position with his head down in the corner during his time out.

The two looked over at their baby sitting in the corner with his shoulders shaking from his rough inhale of breaths to stop the sob of leaving his throat. 

Baekhyun walked over to Sehun and sat down. "Sehunnie, you okay?" he asked.

Sehun stayed in the same position, waiting for Baekyun to start lecturing him. "I'm not mad at you anymore, Sehunnie. Talk to hyung, okay?" Baekhyun persuaded. 

A second later and Sehun's shell broke down when the wave of guilt hit him harder than he had hit Baekhyun earlier and he threw himself at Baekhyun who wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. "Sehunnie's sorry! Sehunnie's sorry, Baekhyunnie hyung! Sehunnie's sorry!" Sehun wailed as he clutched at Baekhyun's waist. 

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at the pair, hugging and Sehun sobbing into Baekhyun's shoulder while muttering words of apology. 

The day passed better than Sehun had expected, kids at the daycare didn't exclude Sehun in games like he feared and when home time arrived, Baekhyun had asked Mrs.Shin not to mention Sehun tackling him onto the ground to Chanyeol's sister who from now on would be dropping and picking both of them up from the daycare centre. 

Sehun got home that night feeling like he owed Baekhyun a sort of better apology, he immiediately packed two Chocopies to offer Baekhyun one at school tomorrow since the boy was one of the kids who pestered Sehun about giving him one, and he was the kid that had never gotten a full one from Sehun before. That thought never occured to the little boy since Baekhyun would always be able to eat half of Chanyeol's whenever Sehun gave it to the happy virus anyways.

Sehun avoided his parents' eyes that whole night, afraid that they would ask him about his day and he would spill the events out like he always did. Sehun never had a problem with telling his parents about his day, but today was a day that he wasn't particularly proud of to be telling to other people or even willing to have it stored in his long term memory.

- ♥ -

Waking up to the sun shining in his face was something new to Sehun, were his blinds open last night? He scrunched his face up when he noticed a difference. Where was his mother's voice? Noticing the difference, Sehun hopped off bed and into the empty and abnormally quiet hallway. He paddled his way into the room across the hall and pushed the door open to see his mother sleeping on the bed. The short boy climbed onto the bed and shook his mother awake. 

"Mommy, why are you sleeping?" Sehun asked, completely surprised at the situation. His father wasn't in bed and he didn't smell that scent of freshly brewed coffee like he would on the weekends when his father was home with him when he woke up. 

The woman beside him shifted and cracked her eyes open to look at her confused son. "Sehun, what time is it?" The woman asked, momentarily forgetting how the little boy could hardly even read numbers, let alone be able to tell her what time it was.

"Sehunnie woke up and mommy wasn't up yet." Sehun answered.

A moment later and everything hit Mrs.Oh like a ton of bricks and she shot out of bed and started to scream for Seyeon to get up for school. 

The morning routine happened, but it was sped up five times faster and ended up with Mrs.Oh not packing a lunch for her only son and only realized it as she stood in front of the now deserted play yard of the daycare. "Sehunnie, mommy will bring you lunch when it's lunch time okay? Sorry, Sehun." She told the boy as she knocked on the door.

Mrs.Shin came out and words of how Sehun's mom overslept were left ignored by the boy as he stared at Luhan who was hugging Mrs.Shin's legs from behind and peered around the woman's legs to look at Sehun. Once Sehun was ushered into the building by Mrs.Shin and his mom had kissed him goodbye on the cheek did Sehun see Luhan's outfit. He wore a Pancoat shirt, the exact same one Sehun did yesterday but it wasn't paired with overalls. Instead of drowning in the shirt like Sehun had, Luhan's fitted him perfectly and he looked like how he did in the commercial film that Sehun saw the other day, the same one he lied to everyone about which caused the whole argument with Baekhyun. 

"Hey, Sehun, are your pants on fire?" Jongdae asked once Sehun and Luhan joined him and Minseok at the play rug. 

Sehun's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to understand Jongdae's statement. "I don't get the joke, hyung." He admitted.

"I'm just asking, since people say "Liar, Liar, pants on fire" and you lied yesterday." The word caused everyone's attention to be directed to the pair, everyone, even Kris who had stopped drawing and turned to look at Jongdae. 

Sehun's blood ran cold and his hands started to sweat. "What?" He sqeaked. 

"You said Luhan wasn't on the commercial yesterday, and he was. I watched Pororo all day since I came home last night and I saw Luhan's commercial many times," Jongdae turned to Luhan who was beside Sehun and gave him a bright smile and two thumbs up. "And you said he wasn't. You lied." 

Luhan's forehead creased with worry for his younger friend, he considered Sehun a friend but that was a one-sided relationship. It didn't help with Luhan's anxiety for Sehun once Minseok started backing Jongdae up with his theories either.

"I did too! Baekyeol was right!" Minseok chimed in, supportive of his best friend.

Not so quiet whisperes of how Sehun was a liar circled the room. "Sehun's taken the bad road now, Kyungie." Jongin whispered only to be shushed by the older wide eyed boy. 

"Sehunnie, why did you lie?" Came a voice Sehun missed, Joonmyun's voice. 

Sehun balled his fist and tried not to cry, all he ever did was cry and throw tantrums ever since he saw Luhan, and Yixing was also a cause for it, for stealing away his Joonmyun, Sehun thought. "Sehunnie's sorry." Sehun lowered his head to look at his balled hands in his lap and took deep breaths that sounded loudly throughout the quiet room.

Mrs.Shin walked over and picked Sehun up into her arms as she called out for everyone to go back to playing. The older woman took Sehun to her desk and sat Sehun on her lap, his head buried in her chest as he weeped out his embarrassment and feeling shameful of being caught, and down right dirty for even lying in the first place.

After a couple of minutes for Sehun to calm down and stop his tears, Mrs.Shin started to question him. "So, Sehun, ready to tell me what you're feeling?"

Sehun nodded his head and wiped his tears, unaware of Luhan's impatient ear as he couched down behind Mrs.Shin's desk to listen in and hoping to figure out a way to make Sehun feel better. Seeing the youngest's discomfort around him troubled Luhan greatly, he didn't like being unwelcomed, but it was worse to make others uncomfortable with his presence so he planned to be the bigger person in this situation and make Sehun like him then they can all live happily ever after, Luhan thought.

The baby took a deep breath before going off. "Sehunnie doesn't like Luhan. Luhan is mean, and he's making everyone dislike Sehun, and Luhan thinks he's so pretty when he isn't as nearly cute as Sehunnie is, and he doesn't like playing with Sehun, and he stole Sehun's chair and Luhan is friends with Yeing, and he took Doonmyun away from Sehunnie." The boy panted to regain his breath after the long complaint.

"Sehun, please understand that Luhan is really nice. Have you tried playing with him?" 

The asked boy shook his head. "But Mrs.Shin, Luhan doesn't want to play with Sehun." 

Luhan, from his crouching position resisted the urge to jump out and prove Sehun wrong. 

"Say what, why don't you play with Luhan and see if he'll play with you or not? From what I see, Luhan is very nice and he plays with everyone, earlier he was helping Zitao untie his shoelaces, he even helped Jongdae hang up his coat, and helped Kris find the paper he was drawing on from yesterday," Mrs.Shin smoothed down Sehun's hair before continuing. "So how about it? Play with him later, and for Yixing, why don't you go play with him and Joonmyun with Luhan at recess? They're all very nice. Yixing is really funny if you talk to him."

Sehun looked skeptical at the idea proposed to him but decided that it was better than sitting alone at the steps again like he has been doing for the past few days. "Okay," Sehun hopped off the woman's lap, eyes scanning for the head of hair that was lighter than everyone else's. "Luhan's not here." 

At the call of his name, Luhan panicked, not sure if he should crawl out and have Sehun know he was listening in or seem like he was hiding from Sehun. Would Sehun even get mad if he found out he was listening in?

Throwing all rational decisions out the window, Luhan crawled forward out of his spot with his eyes trained on the ground, pretending he was looking for something. "Mrs.Shin, have you seen an elastic band here? I think I dropped it." Luhan's eyes set sight on the mismatched pair of green and blue socks worn on small feet and his eyes scanned up to see Sehun's short body blocking his way.

"Play with Sehunnie." Sehun demanded of the older boy.


Thank you poster paradise for my cute poster and background ^_^