Baby Faced Turned Deer

Baby Oh Sehun

Luhan's mood escalated once he heard the proposition from baby Oh Sehun and a wide smile plastered on his face. Jumping to his feet, Luhan brushed his hands off on his pants before extending it to Sehun with an introduction as he hoped to start again with Sehun. "Hello, I'm Luhan, and yes I'd love to play with you!"

Sehun nodded his head and side stepped Luhan to walk past him back to the group of boys. 

Luhan's smile faltered but he didn't lose hope. "Wait, Sehunnie!" And ran after the boy.

Recess arrived and all the kids rushed out of the room and onto the playground. "Sehunnie! Let's play together, yeah?" Luhan asked enthusiastically.

"Why are you pretending? Mrs.Shin isn't here." Sehun deadpanned at the smiling Luhan.

Luhan's smile was wiped off his face. "But Sehunnie, I'm not pretending. I want to play with Sehunnie." 

"Stop calling Sehun, Sehunnie, you can't call Sehun, Sehunnie." Sehun frowned with his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at Luhan.

Luhan nodded his head and watched Sehun walk out of the room holding a ball. A sigh left the elder's lips. Why was it so hard to become friends with Sehun? He had no problems adjusting with everyone else here, why was Sehun this reluctant to become friends? Luhan thought.

Shaking his head of the negative thoughts, Luhan walked out and slowly pulled his shoes on, the brand new Nikes that he had received as a present for his good participation at last week's photoshoot for another children clothing line. The white shoes was almost blinding as he stepped out onto the playground. When Luhan had arrived earlier, he collected many praises from his friends at the daycare on his shoes and he thanked everyone with a proud smile, the same smile he presented to the photographers and make up noonas whenever they complimented him. Luhan was a pretty boy, a pretty boy with manners, the two and two put together equals to Korea's upcoming top toddler model, and Sehun better get ready to see more of him around whether he liked it or not, Luhan smiled happily at the thought.

"Luhan hyung, come play with us!" Zitao invited from his spot on the swing with Kris standing beside him. "Come push me!" Zitao said happily as he turned around to look at Kris which Kris immediately picked up his pushing duty. "Kris, push Lulu hyung too, okay?" Zitao smiled at the taller boy who nodded meekly. 

Seeing the opportunity to order the tallest kid around, Luhan sat down on the swing beside Zitao with his hands gripping the chains. "Kris, push me to the stars!" Luhan demanded as he started wiggling around to get comfortable with an estactic smile on his face and eyes turning into cresent moon from his wide smile.

"Hyung, it's morning, there are no stars out yet." Zitao giggled from his seat beside Luhan. 

Luhan thought about it and nodded, "You're right. Kris, push me to the clouds!" Luhan commanded as his finger pointed at the sky above him.

The two boys laughed loudly as Kris rushed back and forth behind the two to push them higher. "it's my turn." Kris panted once Zitao and Luhan stood back on their feet. "I want you to push me, Zitao." Kris pouted as he turned to the shorter boy.

Luhan left after thanking Kris who got on the swing happily as he waited for Zitao to push him.

"What are you guys playing?" Luhan asked Joonmyun and Yixing when he spotted the two sitting under the slide.

Yixing looked up and moved over for Luhan to join them. "We're counting the grass," He answered. "Do you want to join us?"

Looking down at the grassy yard around him, Luhan changed his mind. "Nah, maybe next time, Yixing-ah. Bye Joonmyun." Luhan waved them goodbye before leaving to entertain himself with Jongin and Kyungsoo instead.

"Can I play?" Luhan asked once he neared the two boys who sat by the steps. 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and nodded feverishly but it was Kyungsoo who answered. "Yeah, hyung. Who do you want to be?"

An arch of an eyebrow and Luhan asked, "Be what? I'm Luhan." 

Jongin let out a loud meow which startled Luhan. "Why are you meowing, Jongin?" 

"Jongin is a cat, and I'm his owner. What do you want to be? You can be my husband if you want, hyung. Or the kid next door, or you can be the neighborhood cat, or my other cat if you want." Kyungsoo offered brightly. "I'm actually not married right now but we can get married if you want to be a family." 

Luhan's jaw dropped at the offer. "Um, no thank you, Kyungie. I'll just go find Minseok..." And he slowly backed off at Kyungsoo who shrugged his shoulder and pretended to feed Jongin cat food and scratched the back of his ear.

Joining the pair of Minseok and Jongdae on the seesaw, Luhan stood there and waited for them to stop and talk to him.

"Hi, Luhan" Minseok screamed as he bounced up and down with one hand holding onto the safety bar in front and the other waving at Luhan. 

After a short talk with the two, Luhan saw no potential of joining them and left to go find Baekyeol who he has been playing mostly with during the past recess sessions. When Luhan saw the two sitting on the pavement with the container of sidewalk chalk not too far by, he also spotted Sehun who sat down on his and was drawing away as he ignored Baekhyun and Chanyeol playing tic tac toe together.

"Hunnie, wanna play with hyung now?" Luhan asked, feeling a spike of hope rise within him.

Sehun looked up and he saw Luhan's brght smile. His head dropped and he scooted away from Luhan to turn his back to the older boy. "No."

His smile dropped and he sighed before grabbing a chalk from the container and sat down beside Sehun, starting his second attempt to befriend the boy. "Want to see what I'm drawing, Sehun?" 

"No." And with that Sehun got up to put his chalk back in the container.

Luhan passed the behavior off as Sehun simply having great timing since when he left Luhan sitting there alone, Mrs.Shin had called them in for snack time. Picking up the chalk container, Luhan placed it back into the large yellow bin by the door where all the outdoor activity items were kept at before he calmly walked into the washroom to clean his hands. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were splashing each other as per usual with Mrs.Shin telling them to stop, Kris was helping Zitao wash his hands properly and Kyungsoo had to practically beg Jongin to stop his pet games and stand up properly to wash his hands and not drop down on all four again when he was finished. Minseok was the first out of the cramped washroom and back into the play room - with Jongdae right on his heels and hands still dripping wet as he shouted for Minseok to wait for him - to get his snacks out, again, another normal thing since eating happened to be one of Minseok's favorite things, next to talking and initiating skinship. 

Sehun was the only left when Mrs.Shin had to excuse herself back to the classroom once she heard Jongdae's call for her.

Looking into the mirror, Sehun frowned when he noticed the tag of his fake denim overalls. This was Sehun's favorite pair of overalls. The material looked like denim but it was really just cotton and they were so comfortable. Sehun looked to his sides and gasped in horror when he saw the stitching of the overalls that was supposed to be on the inside. The morning had been so rushed that his mother didn't have time to check Sehun's overall appearance before rushing him and Seyeon out of the house. 

Sehun looked around and saw no one before he started to concentrate on unclipping the strapes that held his overall up. with one down, Sehun was about to move onto the other one until he let out a small scream when he heard Luhan's questioning voice of what he was doing.

"Nothing!" Sehun shouted quickly as he hid his hands behind his back, looking startled like someone caught him about to steal cookies from the jar. 

Luhan eyed the boy's get-up, the baby faced hyung noticed the awkward stitching and one strape of the overall undone. "Sehun, do you need me to help with your overall? It's on inside out, isn't it?" Luhan offered with a gentle smile.

If Luhan seeing Sehun in his underwear wasn't bad enough for Sehun, life had to make it worse when Sehun found himself wearing the carebear baby blue boxers instead of his racing cars one. He tried tugging his dinosaur shirt lower to cover up but what was the point if Luhan had already seen them? Sehun expected the boy to burst out laughing and to , but instead Luhan only looked on with care as he turned the overalls inside out with the right side facing out before helping Sehun slip his legs back into the right holes and fasten the strapes up properly. 

"There you go, Sehun. All better." Luhan smiled as he patted the boy's head. 

Baby blushed at the affectionate action and muttered a soft thank you in return. The two boys turned back to clean their hands side by side. This time, Sehun took notice of Luhan trying to wash his face again. 

"Why do you do that?" He questioned once again.

"Wash my face? So it'll be clean." Luhan replied as he wiped the access water off. "Do you want me to clean your face for you as well?" 

Sehun nodded at the idea, hoping Luhan would help him splash water on his own face too but instead was disappointed when Luhan wetted a paper towel and proceeded to clean his face of any dirt visible. "All done. Let's go eat?"

The sight of the two walking out made Mrs.Shin smile but she kept her comments to herself, not wanting to ruin the moment. Luhan and Sehun sat down beside each other with their own lunch bags, Sehun's was empty but he still had the two Chocopies from yesterday when he left them in there. Taking one out, Sehun walked over to Baekhyun and gave it to the boy and muttered a quick apology for hitting him the day before and kissed Baekhyun on the cheek. 

"Sehunnie is so cute! Thank you, Sehun!" Baekhyun squealed when he felt the pie in his hands. He jumped up from his spot and engulfed Sehun in a big hug and planted a big wet kiss on Sehun's cheek as a sign of his love and appreciation. 

Celebration settled down with Baekhyun allowing Chanyeol one bite to compensate from all the times he had given Baekhyun half of his Chocopie, leaving Baekhyun with half of the pie left, who knew Chanyeol could bite so big? Not Baekhyun.

"Hyung! Doesn't Zitao look like a panda?" Minseok pointed out when he had finished the bag of chips he snuck into his bag earlier in the morning before leaving the house. 

Everyone's attention turned to the boy who stopped munching on his carrots and looked up. "What?" He asked

"You look like a panda, Zitao. You're wearing black and white today and you look so cute with your dark eyes and you just look adorable!" Minseok gushes as he moved to sit next to the boy he proclaimed as panda.

Zitao smiled as he turned next to Kris, "Kris said he wants to be a dragon and he draws them a lot, can he be a dragon?" Zitao asks.

Everyone nodded, then nicknames started to float around the room. "I want to be a tower!" Chanyeol stood up and self proclaimed.

"Can I be a puppy?" 

"Baby can still be baby!" Sehun clapped happily with a smile stretching from ear to ear.

"Baozi!" Luhan shouted then all eyes turned to him. "Minseok looks like a baozi, don't you think so, Yixing?" Luhan asked his fellow Chinese friend who nodded. "It's a Chinese steamed bun! It's really yummy, and Minseok's cheeks look like it! So round and squishy! I'll ask my mommy to bring us some one day so you can all compare them to Minseok's cheeks!" Luhan laughed loudly.

"Lulu hyung, what are you? Do you want to be Baby, since you look so young and cute?" Kyungsoo asked which cause Sehun to drop his half eaten Chocopie.

"No!" Sehun screamed out and all attention turned to the original Baby. "That's Sehunnie's name!" He protested as he tug onto Kyungsoo's arm. "No!"

Sensing the heated looks Sehun shot Luhan, he quickly dismissed the idea, "No, no. I already have a nickname! It's Deer! My name means Deer!" Luhan blurted out, afraid that the little progess he made with Sehun would be demolished before he could take it a step farther to becoming friends.

"Okay, Bambi hyung!" Chanyeol shouted happily and clapped his hands. 

Nicknames were all given out and Joonmyun was stuck with the title as Gramps since he was the oldest of the group. The male protested that Minseok, Luhan and Kris were all older than him but was out powered with Baekyeol's combined forces telling him that they all already had nicknames.