BONUS: Happy Birthday, Baby Oh Sehun

Baby Oh Sehun

 

I know I'm late and I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy but things are settling down and I'll be posting again for Luhan's birthday~


Sehun is convinced that this will be the best birthday ever. Other than the fact that he'll never turn four again, which should be a special achievement in itself, he gets to celebrate it with his friends at the day care center. The small toddler had been bouncing around his parents' feet all week, begging them to take him to the Party City store in a shopping district for him to get decorations which would suit the now more mature Sehun. Winnnie the Pooh and colorful banners were so for three year olds. Sehun's four now. He's a changed man. 

"Sehun, please sit down. We'll go tomorrow." Mrs. Oh sighed as she chopped the carrots for dinner.

A deep frown appeared, "But mommy, all of the Captain America suits will be sold out by the time we get there tomorrow!" Sehun tugged on his mother's shirt.

Mrs. Oh laughed at her son, "Sehun, it's a birthday party, not Halloween." 

"It's Sehun's birthday and Sehun want to dress up. Sehunnie told all the hyungs at the day care to come in their favorite customes too." Sehun pouted, "Luhannie said he's coming in a real Iron Man suit. Can you believe that? Luhannie hyung is so cool, he knows the real Iron Man and he said that Iron Man will let him wear his suit to my birthday party. And Baekhyunnie and Channie hyung are going to come dressed as Batman and Robin." The kid clapped his hands happily.

Mrs. Oh laughed at her son's naive mind, "Sehun, don't be too disappointed if the suit doesn't fly or shoot anything, okay?"

Sehun's face scunched up, "Why wouldn't it?" He looked up to see his mother laughing at him and shaking her head. "Is it because Iron Man told him not to because the missles and gas power to fly are expensive?" 

"Sure, Hunnie, sure." 

- ♥ -

Sehun threw his blanket to the side as soon as he woke up on Saturday, April 12th. Today was his birthday. A huge smile was worn on his face as he raced down the stairs to see his parents and Seyeon having breakfast. The family greeted the baby with smiles and a song of happy birthday as soon as Sehun sat down on the table. In front of him had a cupcake iced in royal blue frosting with a single lit candle stuck on top. 

The four year old blew out his candle and made a quick wish for the day to turn out as amazing as he had envisioned since the beginning of the month.

"Happy Birthday, Sehun-ah," his father smiled and patted the boy's head. "Let's take a family picture, okay?"

The family gathered around with Sehun and his cupcake in his hand, everyone smiled and Seyeon took the chance to kiss her baby brother's cheek before the camera shutter went off. Sehun grabbed the phone out of his father's hand, "So cute!" The baby cooed at their family picture. 

The morning was spent with Sehun getting a bath from his mother and the family setting up decorations as well as his father picking up some pizza for the kids right before the first door bell rang. Sehun was already decked out his in Captian America suit and he ran to the door before janking it open.

"Luhan hyung!" The four year old screamed.

"Sehunnie! Happy birthday!" The Chinese boy spread his arms out and the two hugged tightly. "Happy birthday, Sehun-ah! I hope you'll always grow tall, handsome, and healthy!"

The two separated as Luhan came into the house and greeted Sehun's family formally before setting his present down beside the couch. He showed Sehun his mask and the suit made out of fabric that hugged his body. "Look, Sehun-ah, isn't the mask nice? I'll show you!" Luhan pulled the mask over his face and made a pose just as Mr. Oh came by.

"Wait, kids! Let me take a picture of that!" He hurried off to grab his phone off the counter before returning. "Okay, pose!"

Sehun held his Captain America shield by his side and Luhan pulled the mask off his head to reveal his face and slung an arm around Sehun as the baby wrapped his arm around Luhan's waist. The two gave bright smiles towards the camera and separated only after the shutter had gone off. 

"Sehun-ah! More of your friends are here!" Mrs. Oh yelled as she opened up the front door. Captain America and Iron man ran to the front door to see who had arrived.

Minseok came in with his cowboy costume, hat and even the boots. "Wait, were we supposed to be dressed as superheroes?" Was the first thing the oldest kid asked once Sehun and Luhan came into view.

"It's okay, hyung." Sehun laughed as he hugged the pouting boy.

"I'm sorry, Sehun-ah, I really ruined the theme for your party. I can go change if you want me to." Minseok jerked his thumb back towards the door. 

Sehun smiled and shook his head, "It's okay. I really like your outfit."

One by one, the Oh household filled up the kids as they came in with presents wrapped in colorful paper or inside vibrant bags of all size and shape. The superhero theme that Sehun had specified on his birthday party invitation had been dismissed when everyone stepped in with different characters from TV or nothing at all like Jongin who claimed that he was too cool for a custome, (which Luhan had pushed the kid down and demand him to apologize) but Sehun laughed it off as soon as Jongin took off his trench coat to reveal a Spider-Man custome underneath. Joonmyun, Yixing, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun came in next, followed Joonmyun's dad who was carrying a huge box. Mr. Oh came to the man's aid and Sehun's eyes widened in surprised, his mind unanle to think of what would be inside the box.

Mr. Oh rounded the house and took as many pictures as he could of the boys dressed up in customes and some candid shots of them talking and laughing with one another. When the time came, the 12 kids settled around the coffee table in the living room that was filled to the edge with cups of soda and a huge pizza in the middle. Each took a slice and sat down to enjoy the movie. Seyeon joined the group and sat herself beside Kris, who she had been eyeing non stop. Once the movie was over and stomachs were stuffed with the delicious cheesy pizza, the kids clapped and chanted for cake. 

"Cake! Cake! Cake! Cake! We want cake!" Zitao chanted as he held his red plastic plate in the left and plastic fork in his right. The boy had abandoned his panda custome on the sofa, complaining that it was too hot and was hard to move around in. The shorts and tank top under was more suitable for the party. Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kris had also abandonded their mask in Sehun's bedroom when they had jumped on his bed. Something Sehun had always wanted to do because his mother always forbidded him on the other 364 days of the year.

"Pandas can't eat cake," Jongdae teased.

"Joker is wearing cake." Zitao seethed at the boy caked in white face makeup.

The kids settled in all around the birthday boy with four candles stuck on the cake from the bakery that his mother had to pre order to have a picture of Captain America on it and "Happy birthday, Oh Sehun" in bright blue icing. They gave wide, happy smiles to the camera in Mr. Oh's hand. After a round of singing, laughing, and teasing because a single tear came out of Sehun's eye because this day was amazing and no doubt the best day of his life so far was happening in front of his eyes. 

"Sehun-ah, open my present first!" The Kyungsoo pushed his present in front of Sehun's face when they all gathered around for present opening. Sehun gladly took the gift and thanked the older.

After pulling off the neat wrapping paper off, Sehun found an easy bake oven set. "Thanks, hyung, but I don't know how to cook."

"I'll teach you later, no worries!" Kyungsoo smiled and patted the baby's back.

Minseok was the next present that Sehun picked up from the mountain of present beside the couch, "Thank you so much, hyung!" The Captain America pajamas given to Sehun turned out to be the perfect size after Mrs. Oh had taken a look at it.

The biggest box was from Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Joonmyun, and Yixing Sehun was able to sit on the box before he opened it. Inside was a large cardboard box which had everyone's eyes widen when Sehun opened it. A brand new car. A Power Wheels Fisher-Price Jeep Wrangler Ride On Hot wheels which had the other kids' mouth hanging open with awe. Sehun shed a few tears as he his father had help unwrapped the toy car and hugged the four kids who had gifted it to him. The coolest present a four year old could have.

Gifts were opened one by one and each kid received a thank and hug in return. Luhan's gift was the last to be opened and Sehun held it with great anticipation. The square box wrapped in robin egg blue paper and a golden bow in the middle. The smallest box of the bunch. Sehun took the bow off, placed it on his head which roused laughter within the kids and tore the paper off. Inside was a velvet box. Sehun looked up to Luhan and saw the kid give him an encouraging look. 

"It might not be as cool as the car, but I hope you'll like it, Sehun." 

Sehun begs to differ. The dog tag necklace with his name and birth date engraved was by far the most valuable item he owned, even over the toy car, but he would never admit it out loud to the other kids. Sehun promised himself right there and then that he would wear it everyday for the rest of his life. Sehun's eyes teared up and he went over and gave Luhan a tight hug, the action had the adults and kids aweing at the sweet moment. "Thank you so much, Luhan. I love it." Sehun sobbed into his hyung's ear.

Once the moment had died down a little and the overwhelming feeling of happiness and thankfulness for everything and everyone in life had passed and Sehun was able to breathe a little easier, Luhan continued, "Turn it over."

On the other side of the dog tag had Luhan's name engraved and a short message, "Happy 4th birthday to my dearest Sehunnie." Read Mrs. Oh. "Luhan, what do these Chinese characters say?" She asked the boy.

"It means I love you. Because I love Sehunnie!" The boy gave everyone a cheeky smile as he bent over and pecked Sehun's cheek. 


Happy birthday, Sehunnie ^^ 
let's pretend he's 4 (international age) in here okay? Because I forgot that Korea had a different aging system and a 3 year old (2 before) Sehun seems to be too young for my liking.