Sharing is Caring (Not in the Case of Sehun)

Baby Oh Sehun

*Reminder: Kris is still gone. He left to go home early in chapter 22 (This is still all in one day. Ziyu came when they were outside during recess), in case you guys don't remember.


Sehun pulled out his lunch bag during lunch time, sitting down at his spot in between Luhan and Joonmyun like he has been doing everyday. Ziyu was the last to come to the table where the kids were sitting together and exchanging their unwanted snacks for something they would rather eat. Chanyeol's praises of his lunch were heard over the quiet chewing of Minseok, as well as Jongdae's soft complaints over the extra carrot sticks his mother have been feeding him as of recent. Luhan was helping Sehun open his lunch box when the youngest noticed Ziyu standing behind Luhan, holding his own lunch bag close to his chest, eyes scanning for an opening in the circle of kids to sit at. 

"Hyung, sit beside Sehunnie," The youngest scooted his away from Joonmyun to create an opening for their newest addition. He patted the free space with an inviting smile.

Joonmyun who saw the kind gesture Sehun made, simply smiled and moved back himself to make the circle wider before he returned to trying to coax Zitao to stop worrying about the whereabouts of Kris and eat his lunch. Mrs. Shin's busy with keeping an eye on the kids as well as taking bites of her own lunch in between passing out napkins, and telling Jongin to eat cleaner and to slow down and take sips of his juice to prevent choking.

"What did hyung bring?" Sehun turned to his left, initiating a conversation with Ziyu who has been quiet since he sat down. 

The chinese boy turned towards Sehun, surprised that the youngest was the one starting the conversation. Throughout the whole morning, Ziyu had been constantly bringing up new topics to talk about wih Sehun, anything to bring the youngest's attention away from Luhan and direct it towards himself. This proved to be difficult, the chinese deer owns a special place in Sehun's heart which would never waver no matter how much fun he was having, the name Luhan would roll off his tongue every five minutes without hesitation. 

Snapping back to reality a second later, Ziyu looked down at his own Spiderman lunch bag, "Nothing special," He replied.

Ziyu's eyes scanned the tables, homemade meals were packed into plastic containers and fruits were cut up and prepared by the parents or older siblings of all the kids in front of him. Ziyu, who had everything he wanted when it came to toys or clothes felt extremely neglected compared to the kids he had met today. Jongin's rice was finished in record time and he snapped the lid of the containter back on before stuffing it into his bag carelessly. The lunch that his mother had made now settled into the boy's stomach. Zitao, who was reluctant to eat his own clumsily made bento, stuffed with food that the little kid liked instead of the traditional stuffing was enough of a sign that it was homemade to fit the liking of the kid, was getting fed by Yixing nontheless. Luhan had also pulled out his own rice and two spoons, one for Sehun, and himself. He passed the green one to the younger, knowing that he preferred that color over the metal spoon that Luhan liked instead of plastic ones. The two kids would still share their lunches. Opening up both meal, and taking a bite from whichever they liked, often both. 

"Sehun-ah, open up." Luhan cupped a hand under his own full metal spoon that he was moving towards Sehun's mouth.

Once called, the baby turned his head to receive the food without hesitation before he turned back to Ziyu, "Ziyu hyung should eat food. After this, it's naptime."

A grim expression fell on Ziyu's face as he pulled his own bag towards himself, fingers slowly inching the zipper open. Inside sat a sandwich from the cafe that Ziyu's mother took them out for breakfast this morning. Nothing fancy, no love put into the food, no time or details to make it suit Ziyu's liking, just simply something that his mother had bought for the sake of convenience instead of going into the kitchen herself the night before to put together. Something not worth eating compared to the homemade meals those around him had the luxury of eating.

Jongin gasped, "That's my favorite! Tthat's from this really nice cafe that my mom only takes me out whenever I have a dentist appointment afterwards!" He pointed towards the sandwich in the company plastic wrap. "Hyung, you're so lucky."

The boy shrugged, pushing the sandwich towards Jongin, "You can have it."

"Jongin-ah, give me a bite, okay?" Minseok bounded over, already behind the boy who stared at the sandwich with his mouth watering.

His hand extended towards the sandwich, ready to take it out of Ziyu's lunch bag before his hand retracted at Mrs. Shin's stern call of his name, "I can't, I already ate my lunch, I can't give that to you. I have nothing to trade with." Jongin's smile fell, sadden with the thought of passing up on his favorite sandwich.

"You can just have it. I don't plan on eating it." Ziyu insisted.

Jongin glanced over at Mrs. Shin, hoping for her approval. The woman shook her head and Jongin's hopes crashed. 

Mrs. Shin turned to see Ziyu's dejected expression, "What's wrong, Ziyu? You should eat your lunch." 

"I'm not hungry. I don't want to eat it." 

Jongin gasped from the sidelines, bringing his hands up to cover his open mouth, "What do you mean?! That's the best sandwich at the cafe! My mom never lets me have it often because she said it's too expensive and not worth it, and that she can just make it at home but it never tastes the same."

"I eat it all the time. I'm sick of it now." The boy sighed, pulling the sandwich out of the packaging and pushed it into Jongin's hands despite Mrs. Shin's disapproval.

Jongin felt bad about not being able to give Ziyu anything in exchange, made a promise instead. "I'll tell my mom to make me two sets of lunch tomorrow and I'll give hyung the second one. I don't feel good about just taking this sandwich."

Ziyu brightened up at the idea and nodded his head enthusiastically, "Okay! I want to eat whatever your mom makes tomorrow!"

"Donginnie, come over here. Let Sehunnie have a bite." Sehun called his best friend over.

Jongin bounded over to the kid closest to his age and showed Sehun the sandwich. "Try it! It's so good! I don't know why Ziyu hyung doesn't want it and would want my rice more, but this is seriously the best sandwich I've ever had. You'll love it, Sehunnie!"

"Hey, Jongin! I said I wanted some too! Come back here to hyung!" Minseok trailed behind, whinning for a bite that he had asked first.

Soon, the kids flocked around Jongin who tried to refuse letting all ten kids take a bite, complaining that Chanyeol takes really big bites, that was Baekhyun's second bite, and that Joonmyun and Yixing still had their own food left. The sandwich was left in a limited stage once the kids had left Jongin, enough for two bites left which he kindheartedly shared with Kyungsoo. 

During the commotion, Luhan peeked over to see Ziyu's eyes full of mirth as he looked at the kids fighting over his sandwich. "Here, take Sehun's lunch. He's too excited to finish it anyways. I can share mine with him." And he pushed the barely dented rice and side of little cut up sausage pieces over to Ziyu.

Shocked at the offer from the person he least expected, Ziyu stared at Luhan while he called Sehun back to finish his food.

"Ziyu hyung, you can eat my food, I can share with Luhannie today. You must be hungry since you're not eating your lunch." Sehun beamed brightly as he pushed his spoon and lunch over. 

When the kids were putting their lunch bags away, Mrs. Shin pulled Luhan aside, "Luhan, what you did was very nice. I know you don't really get along well with Ziyu. I've noticed your behavior towards him, but I'm very proud of you for sharing with Sehun and telling Ziyu to eat. Sharing is caring, afterall." 

A blush blossomed on the apples of Luhan's cheeks, "Thank you, Mrs. Shin." He quickly ducked his head and dashed off to find his youngest.

Once lunch was finished and the kids had washed their hands, Mrs. Shin announced that they should be using the washroom now before their naptime. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the first ones to get their blankets and pillows out and to find a place on the naptime mats in the corner as always. The slowest pair was Yixing and Joonmyun who liked to try and read a short story before they napped. Zitao was left devestated, Kris wasn't here, who was he supposed to go to naptime with now? Zitao went over and tugged on Mrs. Shin's hand, 

"Mrs. Shin, can you please lay with me until I sleep? Kris isn't here today." The kid pouted. 

From the pillows and blankets area, Ziyu also pulled out his own from the plastic bag placed nearby that his mother had packed the pillow off his bed and a blanket from the closet into that morning.

"Sehunnie, where do you want to sleep?"

Luhan's ears perked at the words, "Excuse me? Sehun and I sleep together. Like, everyone knows that. Find a different partner." The Chinese kid rolled his eyes at Ziyu's childish thinking.

All thoughts of the praise he got from Mrs. Shin went out the window when Ziyu grabbed onto Sehun's hand and promptly ignored Luhan as he turned around, "Show me where we should sleep, Sehunnie!"

Five minutes later and all the kids were settled into their sleeping spots and blankets pulled up to their chin, heads proped up on fluffy pillows. "Sehun-ah, come here." Luhan opened his blanket and welcomed the younger in. Sehun was about to scoot closer before Ziyu's swung an arm around his waist and stopped him.

"Where are you going, Sehun?" Ziyu mumbled out, fatigue slowly plaguing his mind. 

Luhan's eye twitched at the sight. No one, no one touches his Sehun. A low growl of annoyance left Luhan's lips.

He sat up, knocked Ziyu's arm off Sehun's waist and pulled the younger towards himself, causing Sehun to utter a gasp of surprise. Taking the space opportunity, Luhan placed both arms on either side of Sehun and rolled over his baby, landing in between Sehun and Ziyu, a smile of satisfaction spread across his face as he imagined how furious Ziyu must be at the turn of events. "Sleep, Sehun-ah." And he guided Sehun's head back on the pillow, and wrapped his arm around the kid's waist.

Sharing is caring, but Luhan doesn't care about others when it comes to Sehun.