Baby Faced Model

Baby Oh Sehun

Three PM finally came around, finally the time for Oh Sehun to be picked up from the daycare centre. Today was much too eventful for this little head to wrap around. The day was ending with cars of parents surrounding the centre to pick their kids up. Everyone stood by the door with their shoes on and backpacks on their backs as they waited for their parents or guardians to come pick them up. Mrs.Shin was currently at the front gate talking to Kyungsoo's mom and reporting what he did today to the slightly over protective woman. A last pat on the head from Mrs.Shin to Kyungsoo and he was leaving with his mother into the small white car down the street. Chanyeol was next to leave with his older sister who slung his school bag on her own shoulder and the two waved goodbye to Mrs.Shin. Sehun shuffled his feet against the pavement, his mom was usually later than all the other kids since she had to go pick up his sister from her school first so he was used to being the last one. One by one, the twelve kids departed except for two left over. 

"Luhan, did your mom tell you what time she would be here?" Mrs.Shin bent down to ask the boy who sat elegantly on the steps of the stairs as he waited without any hint of annoyance on his face.

Luhan shook his head, "No, I'm sorry." 

Sehun looked over to see the light colored hair boy sitting there with his Lightning McQueen backpack on his back and face held a passive expression. 

"Sehun, your mom is here." Mrs.Shin called as soon as she spotted his mother walking up to the gate with his older sister beside her.

"Nice to see you around, Seyeon." Mrs.Shin greeted the little girl.

Seyeon smiled brightly and went to hug her old babysitter. "Hi, Mrs.Shin!"

An hour after dinner and Sehun was called into the bathroom with one toy of his choice for his daily bath. Sehun's mom had his tub set up and bubbles flowing out before Sehun paddled in. "Mom, my hurts. I couldn't poop today." He pouted as he sat down on the warm water with a power ranger action figure in hand.

The woman laughed wholeheartedly. 

"- and today there was this new kid. He thinks he's all that. First he took Sehunnie's chair and then he talked back to Sehunnie, and then he thinks he's older than Sehunnie, and then he took Sehunnie's friends, and then his friend stole Doonmyun from Sehunnie, and now Doonmyun doesn't like Sehunnie anymore!" Sehun spilled out the events of his day and pounded his fist against the bubbles lightly, knowing full well the trouble he would get in if he splashed water everywhere.

 A frustrated groan left the small boy's lips as his mom pulled his pajamas over his head. "Mom, Sehunnie doesn't want to go back anymore. Sehunnie have no friends and Luhan is a mean piece of poop." He tugged on his mom's hand before she dropped the towel on his head to clean his hair.

Sehun was ushered out of the bathroom to go watch TV by his mother when he refused to let her hand go until he was allowed to stay home. The woman had agreed on a whim to get Sehun to stop whinning. Paddling into the living room to where his dad sat watching the evening news.

"Hi there, Sehun, how was your day?" The man asked once Sehun settled himself onto his dad's lap.

The rant about Luhan and the new kids continued without Sehun leaving out any detail or facial expressions and arm movement like he did when his mother had asked.

"Worse of all, he thinks he's so cute! He isn't! He isn't as cute as Sehunnie is!" Sehun whined, close to tears as the frustration Luhan unintentionally caused him by embarrassing him in front of the whole class came back to him.

The older man laughed as he flipped onto a children's TV channel, hoping to soothe Sehun's sore ego with some animation. Pororo returned from the commercial break and Sehun immediately put a halt to his complaining when he heard the voice actor and directed his full attention to the blue penguin moving around. About ten minutes later, commercial break returned and Sehun was watching the flashing of colors when his mother and sister joined him in the living room. Seyeon sat at the coffee table and doodled in her sketchbook and Sehun sat between his parents to eat the fruits off the table in front of him. 

A catchy children theme song played and Sehun's head snapped up to the screen to see bright flashes of colors on a white screen in the TV. Kids his age and older appeared, all wearing Pancoat clothing and smiled brightly and prettily into the camera. Sehun was fascinated with the commecial and cute animated setting to make the whole commercial more kid friendly. All was going great until his face showed up. Luhan walked out onto the scene and stood in front of al the other kids and smiled a billion dollar smile. He outshined the other kids easily with his teal pancoat pullover hoodie and dark jeans. Luhan looekd amazing, a baby ulzzang. Another reason for Sehun to hate him. The commercial ended with Luhan's voice saying a catchphrase for Pancoat, the line simpily annoyed him to no ends. First he was taking over the daycare and now he was on TV to bother Sehun at home too? This was outrageous, Sehun thought.

"He was so pretty!" Sehun's mom commented on Luhan, whose face now disappeared and Pororo was back. 

Sehun's eyebrows furrowed. He hated this. He hated every single fragment of it. 

The following morning came faster and Sehun knew his day wasn't going to be good at all. He could already feel it. The urge to stay in bed was too big and his mother's calls for him were too loud. There was no mistakening that Sehun woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. His struggle downstairs was bad, his overgrown bangs getting into his eyes annoyed him greatly, and no matter how many times he pushed them back, they refused to stay back.

"Mom, can Sehunnie stay home?" 

The answer was no when Sehun found himself looking at the front gate of the daycare centre dressed in the white Pancoat shirt his mom literally forced him into. Sehun tried his best to cover the duck with when he pulled his soft denim overalls higher over his chest. The morning was already a bad start to his day. When Sehun returned to his room, his drawers were empty of shirts and only a few laid at the bottom of the drawer. The only two shirts left was one that Sehun had grown out of and would end at his stomach if he wore it, and the Pancoat shirt that was too big for him. Mrs.Oh thought that the too big shirt was better than having Sehun suffer from a stomache ache if he left his stomach exposed. His mom had apologized for not finding the time to do laundry the previous weekend using the excuse of having to prepare Seyeon for school and forgot about it. Sehun did put up a fight however, to prevent himself from wearing the brand that Luhan endorses but his mom was stronger than he was, literally.

A pout had been on his lips from the second he woke up, feeling tired and was not in the mood to put up with anything. Sehun was close to breaking into tears from not wanting to leave his house, but he had reminded himself that he was a big kid now, and big kids don't cry. 

"Hi, Sehunnie!" Joonmyun waved from his spot on the ladder leading up to the slide at the jungle gym. Behind him was Yixing who copied Joonmyun and waved shyly at Sehun as well.

Mrs.Oh rested a hand on her son's shoulder, "See? Joonmyun's still your friend. Now go make some new friends. The boy under Joonmyun seems nice." She gave Sehun a light push towards the two boys who slid down laughing and was racing back to the ladder to get up again.

How wrong she was, Sehun thought. Joonmyun was not his friend anymore. Joonmyun was a different person now. Usually the older boy would have instantly been at Sehun's side the moment he stepped onto the campus area, but here he was, playing with Yixing, the new kid.

Baekhyun was the last kid that got dropped off by his mother, no one knew why until later when the kids all came inside the building, "So yeah, my mom's gonna run for president now. She's gonna become the first female one ever! Isn't it cool? So now she won't be able to pick me up and drop me off at daycare anymore so I'm going with Chanyeolo here!" Baekhyun slug an arm around the taller boy and smiled proudly. 

The new kids along with the old ones stared in amazement. "Whoa! Can your mom make Luhan go back to wherever he came from once she becomes president?" Sehun blurted out without thinking.

All curious eyes turned to him, along with a pair of glassy ones. "You don't want me here?" Luhan questioned.

Sehun blinked profusely, "That's..." He struggled to come up with a reply. The curious eyes now all turned into ones of disapproving. 

"Sehun-ah, that's not nice." Kyungsoo voiced out.

Nods of silent agreement ticked Sehun off. He didn't mean for it to sound mean, at least, not that mean. Sehun was just simply voicing out his thoughts, he didn't think the sentence itself would sound so rude to Luhan who now had Yixing hugging him from behind and whispered phrases Sehun didn't understand in Manadrin.

Chanyeol came over and placed his arm around Luhan's small shoulders. "Yeah, why would you want Luhan to move back? It's not everyday we get to meet a celebrity!" He exclaimed proudly. 

Eyes rounded throughout the rooms, all except for Yixing's who nodded with dignity, feeling impressed with his model friend, Luhan.

"What do you mean?" Jongin asked, "Luhan's a celebrity? He isn't though. He doesn't sing, or dance or act in those dramas my mom watches. He's not on TV." 

Chanyeol, now joined with Baekhyun - after pushing Yixing away -  on the other side of Luhan tsked at everyone's ignorance, "Well, you clearly don't watch Pororo like we do." Baekhyun said.

"Luhan was on TV yesterday. I just finished eating dinner and I went to watch Pororo and Luhan was in the commercial for Pancoat during the commercial breaks." Baekhyun nodded to confirm Chanyeol's information.

"He was the main star. He had the most screen time, and he wore the best outfits. Everyone else didn't look nearly as good as Luhannie hyung did." Baekhyun finished off and pinched Luhan's cheeks at the end lightly, gushing over how pretty he was.

Mouths flew to the floor at the new source of information and all eyes turned to Luhan for the last piece of confirmation they needed. "I did do a small Pancoat commercial." Luhan breathed out at last.

Loud cheers errupted all around the boys. Minseok came and develoepd Luhan into a near bone crushing hug, Kris and Zitao came over and grabbed onto Luhan's arms after Minseok had let go to do a quick happy dance before they were pushed aside by the rest of the kids who wanted a piece of celebration over the news with the mini celebrity they now had in class. 

"I've never meta celebrity before! Luhannie hyung is so cool!" Jongdae screamed at the top of his lungs before jumping around out of excitement. 

Sehun watched from outside of the circle of kids who held hands and jumped around happily chanting random words of congrats to Luhan's name and Chanyeol who finally shouted "GO PORORO!" Why? Sehun didn't know.

"Liars. Luhan was not on TV last night." Sehun spoke at last once the commotion had died down a notch. "I was watching Pororo after dinner and shower last night too, I didn't see any Pancoat commercial, and no Luhan either." A frown graced the boy's complexion.

The circle of hands broke down as eight pairs of eyes bounced from Sehun to Chanyeol and Baekhyun beside Luhan. "What did you say, baby?" Jongin asked, the first to get to Sehun's side. 

Sehun huffed, preparing himself for his first lie ever. "Sehunnie said, Luhan wasn't on TV yesterday. Sehunnie was watching TV ever since Sehunnie came home from school and Luhan wasn't on any commercial. Baekkie and Channie lied." Oh the irony. 

"No! We didn't lie! Sehunnie is a bad kid! Sehunnie's lying!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun shouted in unison while pointing their fingers at Sehun who glared back at them.

Sehun shook his head fiercly, mad at the sudden accustion even if it was true. "No! Baek and Channie said that the older kids who went here got taken away by aliens! Sehunnie saw them! Sehunnie saw them at Seyeon's school when Sehunnie went to drop Seyeon off with mommy this morning! Baek and Channie lied!" Sehun shouted and stomped his foot on the floor twice with his fists clenching at his side.

The whole room stood still, time was paused as everyone processed the information in their heads. 

"Sehunnie's stupid! Sehunnie is a baby! Sehunnie doesn't know anything!" Baekhyun shouted as he pointed both his index finger at Sehun.

Sehun took a deep breath, unable to hold the tears that now streamed down his face. Shock faces were worn around the room to see their baby crying. Sehun's eyes stung with the fresh tears and brimmed red, his vision blurry. "No! Sehunnie saw them!" He screamed before he took his backpack off to throw it at Chanyeol before he ran and tackled Baekhyun to the ground.


You're probably wondering why Sehun is speaking in third person now. A little detail I forgot was that little kids tend to speak using their names. At least my three year old brother does so I'm kind of using him as a guidline to how Sehun talks and acts. I went back and fixed the previous chapters already ^^