XOXO, Hugs and Kisses

Baby Oh Sehun

"Mommy, Luhannie hates Sehunnie now," Sehun pouted to his mother once his family all sat down at the dinner table. "He left Sehunnie today during nap time." 

His father and Seyeon kept their eyes on their plate, not uttering a word as Sehun's behavior was now familiar. The boy would often comment about how others disliked him whenever he didn't get what he wanted in a form of a guilt trip. The reality would be that they were currently fascinated with other things and didn't hate him at all. It's amazing how short the attention span of five year olds can be. 

"Luhan? He's very nice, I'm sure he doesn't hate you." Mrs.Oh assured her worried son. "Just talk to him tomorrow, okay?"

Throughout the evening, Sehun wandered around the house looking for something yet nothing in particular. He couldn't stand the thought of sitting still with Luhan still on his mind. The toddler felt horrible for his behaviour to his best friend who he had bluntly teased with the rejection of more candy and later tattled taled on to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. His mind wandered off to when Luhan sat him down to talk and Sehun merely brushed the topic aside with aegyo. What a terrible person, Sehun thought about himself with a pout on the perky lips.

"Sehunnie, can I have some of your candy?" Seyeon came up to her brother from behind with the plastic bag of individually wrapped marshmallow with syrup inside. "You'll share right, Sehunnie?" Seyeon asked with her hand already reaching inside the bag. 

Wide eyes viewed Seyeon before he leaped forward and grabbed the bag from her hands. "No!" Sehun screamed as he held the marshmallow close to his chest. 

Seyeon's eyebrows furrowed in irritation. "Sehun, come on. Just give me one. I always share my candy with you." She huffed as she blew her bangs out of her eyes. 

Sehun shook his head furiously and sent a glare her way. "Sehunnie's!" He proclaimed posession of the sweets.

Seyeon stuck her tongue out at Sehun before muttering, "No wonder Luhan left you. You're so selfish, Sehun." Before turning on her back to go tell on Sehun for not sharing.

The words lingered in the air for a short period of time but they stuck to Sehun's mind longer than he liked them to. Seyeon's sentence directed at his attitude usually wouldn't bother Sehun but the mention of a certain deer hyung tainted the younger's heart with self loathe. Looking back down at the bag with the marshmallows, some that were around the edge where he clutched the bag now laid in a mess inside their separate packaging, had made Sehun regret his actions. He sighed before sitting down on the floor of his bedroom after getting his backpack out and emptying the bag of marshmallow on the floor. Sehun started two piles, one for the marshmallow still in good condition and ones which were squished by his rough handling or ones that weren't perfectly round like others. He placed each perfect marshmallow wrapped in plastic packaging in a carpartment of his bag and zipped it up, waiting to share them with Luhan like today. The boy gathered the rejected marshmallow in his arms and walked to find Seyeon in the living room watching TV.

"Sorry." He muttered before dropping the mass on her lap. "Sehunnie's sorry." The standing boy apologized to his sister.

- ♥ -

Sehun woke up and dressed in a long sleeve shirt followed by the signature overalls that were slipped into next and he was ready to leave the house. The morning had not been too eventful for the kid as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. The weather had gotten chillier as summer was coming to an end and a beginning for autumn. The sun was slowly creeping up over the horizon when he got out of bed and the leaves started to decend from their spot on the branches of the nature's carbon sinks. When Sehun arrived at the day care, his friends were already surrounding the door to go in and escape from the fall jackets that they were forced to put on by their parents. 

"Hi, Sehun." Joonmyun greeted as he watch Sehun walk over to his coat hook beside his own. 

Sehun peered up at Joonmyun, surprised that he had initiated the coversation first. The two haven't had a real conversation ever since he had demanded Joonmyun ditch Yixing and come play with him instead. "Hi, hyung." Sehun's voice cracked from the lack of use being it was so early in the morning.

"How are you?" The elder asked.

"Good." 

Joonmyun looked around and figured out the reason for Sehun's depressing mood, "I see Luhan isn't here." He commented lightly.

Sehun shook his head sadly, the thought also floating in his mind. "No, Sehunnie don't know why. Sehun wants to say sorry. Sehunnie brought the candies that Luhan likes." He held out his bag compartment filled with candy to Joonmyun who in return patted the younger's head.

"I'm sure he'll come either later or tomorrow." Joonmyun encouraged.

Sehun sighed dejectedly and nodded his head along to Joonmyun. The two walked towards the play area of the day care centre hand in hand- more like Sehun following behind Joonmyun- who led him towards Yixing sitting in their usual book corner.

"Sehunnie will join us today, Xing." Joonmyun announced as he sat down and pulled out the book the two were reading yesterday. 

Yixing offered a smile that came accompanied with his cute dimple at Sehun who tried to return the friendly smile. "Hello, I'm Sehun." He introduced himself after remembering that he hasn't officially welcomed the quiet boy before.

"Hi, Sehun. I'm Yixing." 

That morning taught Sehun many new things as he joined Joonmyun and Yixing in reading books to the best of their ability being hardly able to read the easy words written on the pages floating around the page full pictures.

"The end." Joonmyun finalized, using his memory of those words being the last words of every story his parents had read to him at night.

"That was a good book." Yixing commented. 

Joonmyun agreed and placed the book on the uttermost top shelf along with the other books that the two favored; a spot for their favorite books.

"Did you like it, Sehun?" Yixing turned to the boy and asked.

Sehun looked up at Yixing who looked at him with curious eyes and a small smile lingering on his lips. "Sehunnie didn't get it." He admitted, deciding on never lying again. "Why did the little chicken tell everyone the sky was falling?"

Joonmyun and Yixing exchanged glances, not sure on the answer themselves. That question would probably have been answered if they were able to read the words off the page. "I don't know, but we can ask Mrs.Shin if you'd like?" Joonmyun offered.

Sehun shook his head no, feeling like he wouldn't really care much if he knew the reason anyways. "Doonmyun hyung, can I hug you?" Sehun asked as Joonmyun and Yixing were browsing through the numerous books they haven't taken interest in until recently. 

The lonely feeling was creeping up on him again, seeing how everyone at the day care had someone to call their best friend, someone they can always just be around and agree mutually on the activity without having to voice it out, overall, Sehun missed Luhan. 

The question shocked the Korean kid as he turned around to look at Sehun who had a frown on his face and eyes casted downwards to his hands on his lap. "Yeah, Sehun. You don't need to ask." Joonmyun spoke as he left his spot by the bookself and moved to wrap his arms around Sehun who immiedately returned the action. "I'm always here for you when you need me, Sehun-ah." He whispered into Sehun's ear, understanding the feeling Sehun was going through.

"Sehunnie thought since Doonmyun doesn't play with Sehun anymore, Doonmyun wouldn't want Sehunnie to touch Doonmyun anymore." Sehun confessed.

A smile broke out on Joonmyun's face, "No, Sehun. Don't be silly, even if we don't talk or play together in the future anymore, you can always come find me when you need me, okay?"

Sehun nodded into the crook of Joonmyun's neck and pulled away to give him a bright smile. "Okay, hyung! And when we grow up and Joonmyun is still short and small, Sehunnie will beat up the bad guys if they try to hurt Joonmyun!" Sehun promised. 

"Yah! I'm not going to be shorter! I'm going to be taller than you, Sehun." Joonmyun sent a playful glare at the younger who broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Not as tall as Kris or Chanyeollie. Doonmyun will be taller than Kyungie and Baekhyun though," Sehun mused, "And maybe Minseok hyung too!" Sehun clapped his hands together and laughed joyously. "But never taller than Sehunnie! Sehunnie likes milk! Sehunnie drinks them everyday! Five glasses a day!" He held up one hand with his fingers spread to prove his point. "Mommy says milk with make Sehunnie taller. Sehunnie don't like being shorter than Luhan, or everyone else. Sehunnie wants to be taller than Luhan!" 

After snack time Luhan still hasn't shown up yet started to make Baekhyun and Chanyeol worry. The disappearance of the baby deer was throwing their schedule out of proportion.

"This isn't good, Baek. We should be bothering Luhan right now." Chanyeol whined as he kicked his feet around while sitting on the floor that Luhan and Sehun usually occupied at this hour. "I'm bored!"

"Shut up, Channie. I'm trying to think of what to do." Baekhyun shushed the boy he sat down beside with his thinking face on. 

After more whines and whimpers coming from Chanyeol and his non stop movement, Baekhyun finally stood up and called for the awkwardly tall kid. "At dawn, we strike." He smirked evily as he looked over to the Hun in Hunhan laying between Yixing and Joonmyun, currently reading with the two.

"But Selu isn't here! Only Sehunnie is and he's not in a good mood to play!" Chanyeol complained, painfuly obvious that he didn't get what Baekhyun was trying to say, as well as not knowing what "dawn" meant either. 

Lunch time was boring as Sehun sat at the table with everyone else but he felt alone as he sat there quietly and tried to chew the rice that tasted harder than he remembered rice being. Joonmyun was beside him and dotted on him from time to time but his attention was also distributed to Yixing who now would return the caring actions back to Joonmyun. Sehun looked at the pair in longing, wishing for Luhan to come back already and forgive him. He no longer harboured ill thoughts about Yixing after seeing how nice the Chinese male was, and also not wanting Yixing to feel like how he was without Luhan if he tried to take Joonmyun away. 

"Sehunnie, do you want this?" Yixing held out a small Kit-Kat piece to Sehun. 

Yixing was also really nice to boot. No one could dislike this cute unicorn once they got to know him. Sehun took the chocolate after a quick thanks and stuffed it into his mouth. He closed his food container and stuffed it back into his Power Rangers lunch bag. Time passed by much slower when you're alone, Sehun thought. 

When nap time rolled by Sehun stood still with his arms full of his blanket and pillow along with the teddy bear that was falling apart while he stared at his friends. Kris and Zitao were arguing about where to sleep again with Kris losing the argument yet again, Minseok and Jongdae were already settled beside Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were fast asleep. Kyungsoo came back from taking Jongin to the washroom, insisting that it would prevent him from wetting himself in his sleep. Sehun stood there, not knowing where he should be sleeping. Joonmyun was brushing Yixing's hair to keep it neat. The couple of days before befriending Luhan with the appearance of Yixing was hard on Sehun when he had no one to play or sleep with, instead he played by himself or Baekhyun and Chanyeol would keep him company but lately he's grown apart from them and the thought of waking them up to sleep between was unsettling for Sehun. Sehun his heel to see Mrs.Shin helping Zitao change into a more comfortable shirt than the sweater vest his mother had forced into him and he turned away, dissmissing the option of having her sit by him while he falls asleep away.

A heavy sigh left Sehun as he abandoned the naptime area and moved towards the lady bug bean pillow in the centre of the room. Sehun sat down, back facing the sleeping boys as he watched the door to the room, hoping Luhan would show up. Sehun pushed and pulled the pillow to rise higher and rested his back on it as he tried to will Luhan to return his side telepathically.

"Sehunnie, why don't you go to sleep?" Mrs.Shin asked as she sat down beside him.

The asked boy shook his head no, "Luhan's not back yet." He commented dryly, not wanting to voice out the reason to his disappointment.

"He'll be back soon. How about we go nap?" Mrs.Shin offered.

Sehun shook his head no, "Sehunnie wants to be the first one to see Lulu when he comes," A yawn surfaced, making Sehun pause. "And say sorry to him."

"Why are you sorry to Luhan?"

A deep frown settled on Sehun's face. "Because Sehunnie was mean to Lulu. Sehunnie gave him candy then told Baekhyun and Chanyeol that Lulu gave Sehun candy, and Lulu thinks Baekyeol don't like him when they do," Another yawn. "And Sehunnie told Luhan that Sehun won't give him more candy. So Lulu's mad at Sehun and don't want to play anymore." 

Mrs.Shin's lips tugged into a smile, finding the situation cute. A month ago and Sehun would be the one with his back to Luhan, refusing to even look at the boy, and here he was, waiting for Luhan to step foot into the day care centre. After more comforting words flown into Sehun's ears from as he waited for Luhan, and as Mrs.Shin finished retelling Sehun a story about her childhood friend and her, Sehun was snoring cutely with his mouth open.

"Mrs.Shin? Luhan poked his head into the door when she petted Sehun's hair down and wished him sweet dreams.

"Luhan?" Mrs.Shin brightened at the sight of the light haired boy, about to call out to the sleeping Sehun but refrained herself from doing so.

Luhan and Mrs.Lu walked into the room and kept their voices low and they conversed at Mrs.Shin's desk while Luhan inspected Sehun's sleeping form.

"Dummy, you slept without me!" Luhan pouted and cursed at Sehun in a whisper, not wanting to wake the toddler up.

He sat down in his jeans and Pancoat jacket with his hair jelled up and bangs pushed out of his face. Light traces of powder was present on his perfect skin as he sipped on the purple drink. Once Luhan had finished the early morning photoshoot, his mother had taken him out to lunch and offered bubble tea to make up for the morning missed at the day care that Luhan looked forward to everyday. The tapioca pearls in the cup swirled around when Luhan stirred the drink with the fat orange straw before setting it down beside him.

"Sehunnie, you're so cute." Luhan gushes over the adorable sight of Sehun sleeping as he clutched the nearly torn teddy bear in his arms loosely. 

Mrs.Lu came up to her son and smiled at the sight, "Han, mom has to leave, okay? I'll pick you up later." 

Luhan nodded his head and muttered a quick bye and a kiss on the cheek to his mother. 

"Lulu..." Sehun mumbled out in his sleep.

"Yes, Baby?" Luhan replied with a huge smile on his lips, glad that Sehun was starting to wake up already.

Eyelashes fluttered as Sehun recognized the voice and it seemed too real to be from his imagination. "Luhan?" Sehun called out again while his eyes were trying to tune into focus. 

"Hm?" Luhan mused out, waiting for more words to be spoken.

A second past, two seconds past, on the third second Sehun sprung up from his position and stared at Luhan with wide eyes. "Luhan!" The boy screamed as he tackled the other boy onto the ground. 

Arms became a tangled mess and the two kids tried to hug one another as close as they can, Sehun, with snot running down his nose and eyes starting to brim red,  "Lulu's back!" He screamed as he squeezed Luhan in his arms just to double check that he was real and not a fragment of his imagintion. 

"Yeah, Hunnie. Did you miss me?" Luhan laughed and hugged the boy back just as tight.

Sehun's giggles could be heard before he answered, "Yes! Sehunnie missed Luhan!" Sehun yelled before lowering his neck to peck Luhan on the cheek, surprising the boy.

"Sehun, be quiet please." Kyungsoo spoke softly, his brain still fogged with the desire to sleep.

"Hyung! Luhannie is back! My deer is back!" Sehun screamed at the top of his lungs and kicked his legs around out of excitement, happy to finally get to say the words he has been wanting to say all day.

"That's nice, Sehun. Just be quiet, okay?" Kyungsoo said before he lay back down, clearly what Sehun was screaming about did not register into his head.

Sehun smiled happily, desipte Kyungsoo not caring, Sehun was happy to have Luhan back. Perhaps it was better this way, no one to bother Luhan and he's all mine,  Sehun thought.

"How was your day, Sehunnie?" Luhan asked.

"Boring. Yeing and Doonmyun reads all day. They don't want to dance with Baekyeol and drawing isn't fun. Sehunnie can't understand Kris and Tao when they talk to each other." 

"You didn't play with Minseok and Jongdae? Or Kyungsoo and Jongin?" Luhan questioned, his make up pencil eyebrow moving up.

Sehun shook his head no and looked straight into Luhan's eyes, "No. Sehunnie only wants to play with Lulu." He confessed.

Luhan mentally squished the boy in front of his eyes into oblivion out of pure love. "Sehunnie, I missed you too! I had to go to this place and people took pictures of me in nice clothes, but I really missed you all day long! When I had to leave yesterday, I wanted to wait for you to wake up but my mom said I had to go or else I'd be late. Sorry, Sehunnie."

Sehun smiled, forgiving Luhan already. "So Lulu doesn't hate Sehunnie for not giving more candy, and for telling Baekyeol?"

"Nope!" Luhan beamed at the younger as he hugged the boy across from him brieftly.

A moment passed with the two kids looking at each other before a goofy smile bloomed on Sehun's face, "Luhan is really pretty. Like really pretty."

A toothy smile blossomed on Luhan's face at the compliment, "Thanks, Sehunnie! You're really pretty as well!" 

"Luhan is extra pretty today! Like, Luhan is always pretty, but today, Luhan is super pretty! What did Luhan change?"

Luhan pursed his lips together in thought to what was different about himself today. "Well, I just went to the place and there were these ladies there that put stuff on my face and hair and then it sticks up like this." Luhan pointed to his eyebrows, cheeks, lips and hair.

"Pretty Lulu!" Sehun clapped.

"Sehunnie's so cute today!" Luhan cheered along and clapped his hands like Sehun was doing. "Mommy got me bubble tea. Do you remember what it is?" Luhan asked as he picked up the cup and held it to Sehun's face.

The toddler nodded his head with a bright smile on his face at the familiar sweet drink.

"Want some?" Luhan offered, already putting the fat straw to Sehun's mouth.

The two boys sat in front of each other as they shared the purple bubble tea and Sehun's marshmallows from his bag. Luhan retold his story from his trip at the modeling agency with pride as Sehun was thoroughly fascinated with every word that Luhan told him.


I apologize for the late update, but it's longer than the others, yea?  I hope you like it. Now that Luhan's back, I got more fluff soon~