6. A New Way

Royal Court

 

 

A New Way

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~Suzy POV~~

 

Today is the day. Right... time to face my doom…

 

I walked towards the building armed with two men and boxes. As I entered the school a petty woman tried to stop me~ I think she’s the secretary.

“Erm.. sorry.. erm.. your highness.. you can’t just come in here like this.. I need to let Lee sunsaengnim know first” she said to me, with apparent surprise and panic in her voice.

 

I smiled, “It’s ok he’s expecting me” Who the hell does she think she is blocking my way. I am Princess Park Suzy! Out of my way!!

I walked past her and made my way towards the man I was here to see. I stopped when I reached a fork in the corridor.

The woman who was still tailing me stuttered, “But your highness, Lee sunsaengnim doesn’t like it when people interrupt his class like this”

 

“Which way?” I asked, totally ignoring what she has to say to me.

“… your highness…” She stuttered again... ugh

“I said.. which.. way” I scowled and tapped my foot.  The woman pointed the direction. I my heels and walked down the corridor peering through every classroom to find the person I was looking for. So this was what a school was like... I stopped outside the furthest classroom and peered in the door. Ah ~ Lee Sungmin!

 

“Ok here are your scripts back, well done to those who did well, those who did less well you need to revise more and be more prepared next time ~ remember practise makes perfect, you can’t expect to do well without putting the hard work in first ~ also come to me if you’re stuck or at least go and ask a classmate” He was passing out lots of pieces of paper to a bunch of little children.

 His style of speaking was annoying me, same old same old that comes from every teacher ..

But… I dunno.. the way he said it ~ it’s as if he genuinely cares ~ unlike other teachers who sound so …uninterested...

 

“So any questions about the test ~ anything you don’t understand where you went wrong?” He said returning to his desk. One of the kids raised their hand.

“Sunsaengnim .. the class have been wondering for a while now … when are our textbooks going to be here?” He asked.

“Well I’m questioning that myself too” I scowled at his words.

Then another kid stood up. “Isn’t that woman going to pay for ruining our original books?” That...WOMAN?!

“Yeah! She’s the one who wrecked our books she should pay for them” why you little…!

 

I couldn’t hold it in anymore and just let it all out.

“YAH! Lee Sungmin! ~ What are you teaching these children! ~ I am a respectable woman! I have kept my promise and there you go ~ enough textbooks to supply the kingdom’s biggest school!” I barged in and whistled for the guards who brought in boxes full of books.

 

“Sorry Lee Sunsaengnim I couldn’t hold her back~” The secretary stuttered from behind me.

“It’s ok secretary Jung.” He nodded. The secretary bowed and walked off.

“Ok put them down here ~ thank you for your work ^_^” I smiled at the men who bought the boxes in.

“Wait!” Lee Sungmin raised his hands and questioned “excuse me who said you can just barge in here uninvited and just do as you please?” 

“I did ~ now put them down quickly ~  I’m sure the kids are really looking forward to getting these new books.” I waved at the guards.

“You may be a princess of this kingdom but that doesn’t give you the right to raid my school!” He said through gritted teeth. Wow ~ anger .. but I’m not backing down! Who is he to teach me what is right!

“Excuse me! It’s you who told me to bring these textbooks!” I protested.

“I didn’t tell you to barge in here like this....” He frowned

“Why you!...”

 

“Wow these books are awesome!” one of the kids said interrupting our argument. It seemed that some of the kids had gone and looked at the books.

“Sunsaengnim you did remember it right!! You are so awesome to remember all this!”

Ha! I win! ~ but no one seems to notice my victory ~ the children just carried on complimenting their o so perfect teacher…

“Well duh! He’s the best teacher in town! Everyone knows that!”

“Sunsaengnim this is where we stopped! Lets carry on!”

Wow. These kids are really enthusiastic.

 

Their ‘Sunsaengnim’ glared at me, “We are not done talking, now move aside you’re in the way of me teaching.” Scary.... I moved over to let him continue.

“Right class president hand the books out please.” Sungmin told one of the kids.

“Yes sir!” The first boy handed out the books. The kids looked so excited.... wow... do books mean so much to them...

“Ok so page 37…”

 

I unconsciously moved to the back of the classroom. Well, this is my first time in a normal school.  I decided to stay for the lesson~ see what the hell that Lee Sungmin was preaching~ But I actually found it pretty interesting. Hmm~ history= interesting~ who knew!

Sungmin was pretty fascinating, how he got all the kids interested in history by getting them to act out little events. They were so cute!! And the discussions were really fascinating, I decided to join a group of girls near me, they knew so much!

 

“Right kids ~ break time ~ thanks for your attention today” Sungmin said finally closing the book.

“Thank you sunsaengnim !” The kids stood up and bowed. So well mannered.

“Im Chul Hwa can you stay behind for a while please?”

 A rather depressed looking kid walked towards him ~ I wonder what he’s done… All the kids ran outside and before I knew it a bunch of girls pull me along to play with them.

 

No-one’s ever done that before, but that’s probably because I never really had a chance to play with so many kids before. I’m the youngest princess so all my brothers and sisters were all grown up before I was; they didn’t really ever think of playing with me much. Maybe I should take a chance at this school, see what I can learn…

Soon after that, all the other kids began playing. It was so fun! The entire day went by so quickly~ School was fun and interesting.... I never knew those words would end up in the same sentence.

 

At the end of the day Sungmin was clearing up ~ I peered through the door... here’s my chance.

“You still here? I thought you would’ve fled and never come back” He said sarcastically while filing paper away.

“…”

“By the way, thank you for the books ~ although it was your fault for our loss in the first place and despite your rudeness. Thank you.” He looked up and smiled at me. It's the first time I've seen him smile; it was so... radiant.

 

“Yeah .. erm… it’s ok .. and I guess I was a bit too much eh… “ I avoided his eyes “you’re a really good teacher you know ~~ I learnt quite a bit sitting at the back of your class” I looked down...why can’t I look at him straight?!

“Seriously? I would’ve thought you’d have learnt this already?” Sungmin said surprised.

“Well the royal lecturers are so boring!! They’re all old and speak so softly and just mumbles on regardless of whether their pupils are listening or understanding anything… ~ I don’t know why Appa hired them in the first place…” I trailed off...

 

“Hey ~ do you mind if I come more often? I can help out in the school, I really like the kids" I asked hopefully. 

"I never have anything productive to do … and maybe I can actually learn something for a change…” I shuffled a little and looked up at him.

“Sure! any aspiring student is welcome here!” he smiled brightly.

“But I’m warning you now ~ no rudeness under my watch, in this school I am the teacher you are the student.. you need to drop that princess attitude of yours and learn some proper manners” he added with a more serious tone.

EH?! I can't believe he just said that! Smile or no smile he's just unrespectful! I'm a princess for god's sake!

“Fine!” I said  trying  to control my temper.. which proves to be quite hard. I guess he was right about my princess attitude… He smiled and bid me goodbye before leaving the classroom. I stood there thinking about what he said.

“I’m not that bad am I…” I mumbled under my breath and bit my lip... 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading ^_^