11. Chief Cho's Men

Royal Court

Chief Cho's Men

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~~Kyuhyun POV~~~

It was a regular day at the police station. The crime in the kingdom wasn’t that high due to the effective policing, the kingdom was proud of their police system, but they’ll never understand why I, Chief Cho Kyuhyun always looks so tired despite the peace.

“Yoochun!!! What the hell are you doing??” I shouted at said man who was holding our newest and youngest member of the force ;Taemin,  in some sort of headlock.

“Teaching Taemin how to lock a criminal, Sir!” He replied with an official tone, grinning as he continued his so called ‘teaching’. I shook my head at the ridiculous explanation.

“Why can’t you do something constructive and go out and patrol??” I looked at him in despair.

“But I need to write the report on the chicken thief, Sir!” he replied not once looking up at me.

Did I just hear chicken thief? One minute… “I gave you that two days ago!!!” I shouted on the verge of losing it.

“But I was busy teaching our little maknae the way of the police force, Sir!” He said. Excuses, useless excuses!

 

“I swear one more word and I’ll..” I growled raising my clipboard at him and Yoochun scarpered off as quick as lightening making Taemin topple slightly from the sudden loss of balance... Sigh...

I looked over at the maknae, he was straightening out his uniform and hair. Poor boy.

“Taemin whatever you do, don’t follow in that hyung’s footsteps – you will not learn anything!” I told him sternly. He nodded in response.

“OK Chief!” the boy replied brightly.

“Go back to your filing” I dismissed him.

“Yes sir!” He bowed and walked briskly off. He will make a good police officer... as long as he doesn’t do what Yoochun does - and start eating properly from the looks of it.

 

I was about to return to my office when Seungri walked in towing a man along with him. I walked over to them to inspect the man further. 

“And what do we have here?” I smiled at Seungri.

“Found this guy lurking around the alleyways – was gonna leave him be, but then found him stealing from the old pottery Sir” Seungri said seriously holding onto the man roughly.

“Good work, see Taemin, this is the hyung you should be looking up to!” I said to him proudly. Yep, Seungri was a good kid and an even better policeman. He has a strong sense of justice.

“I’ll get back to my patrol then sir” He bowed and left.

“Taemin take his details, lock him up then contact his family” I nodded at the maknae.

“Yes sir!” He took a hold of the criminal and led him away effortlessly, showing that his strength is not necessarily determined by his size.

Yoochun was still hanging around though, sigh what am I going to do with him? He’s better on the field true, but if he doesn’t do the paperwork afterwards it puts everything out of order.

 

Shortly after Seungri left Prince Leeteuk strolled in casually with a sheepish grin on his face.

“Good morning gentlemen.” He said cheerfully. We all stood and bowed.

“Your highness”

“What brings you here today Sir?” I asked him. Seriously, Leeteuk never comes here... once in a blue moon but that’s only because of his position as the head of our police force, but those are just random check ups ~ and I remember he just came last week for that, he’s a bit early this time...

“Am I not allowed to be here?” He said startled and started backing out playfully.

“Not if it disrupts our work” I said to him with a smirk. Prince Leeteuk stopped.

“Hey that’s mean! But that’s besides the point – I need to talk to you.” He smiled at me, making me feel a bit uneasy.

“Er ok – shall we step into my office then?” I said pointing to the direction of my office but not without laying down the order first.

“Yoochun! If I don’t get that report in half an hour time I will suspend you!” I hissed as Leeteuk entered my room. Yoochun  jumped when he heard his name- as per usual- and looked like he was FINALLY going to get some work done.

 

I closed the door and sat behind my desk looking seriously at Leeteuk.

“Has something urgent happened?” I said seriously thinking that his visit might have something to do with the recent political issues. The Prince looked nervous.

“No not really...” He said looking around and seemingly avoiding any eye contact with me.

“Then... why are you here?” I raised my eyebrow and looked curiously at him. This was truly unusual.

“That’s rude – can’t a Prince visit his trusted chief general?” He retorted and finally looked at me trying hard to make a pout of some sort. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah like you ever do that.. Come on spill ~ there’s something you’re hiding...” I questioned him.

 

The Prince began to get fidgety.  

“Well .. I wonder if you’ve ever noticed that.. that.. erm...” The Prince stuttered.

“What?” I said seriously. He got up and started pacing, I didn’t even bother looking at him just in case I got dizzy from all the movement.

“Er..how do I put it.. I ..erm..” He continued pacing but started to twiddled his thumbs as well. I sat back in my chair and rolled my eyes.

“Stop being like a woman and spit it out” I said dully. Shisus...

“Erm… your sister.. does she mention me?” He stopped, not looking at me at all... I knew this was coming. I stared at him blankly. He shakes his head and takes a deep breath…

“Ireallylikeyoursistersortofithinkyeahido!” He managed to say in some sort of language. But I understood perfectly well however I decided to continue my oblivious state.

“What?” I said with a confused tone. He looked at me helplessly as if getting him to say it again would kill him.  

“You know if you want something you’re gonna have to speak clearer than that .” I shook my head looking straight at him, “Especially if it concerns my beloved sister” I smirked.

Leeteuk was completely blank at this moment. I think I scared the crap out of him. Oh dear.

“Sigh this is why I didn’t like this idea.” I muttered spinning in my chair.

 

“What? You know what I’m talking about?” He looked stunned.

“A single man starts talking about my sister ~ I can only think of one reason behind that ~ unless you meant something else…” I glared at him seriously.

“Huh?.. what? No! ...” He clicked.

“So what? Youngwoon hyung finally got his way and forced you to confess?” I smirked. The Prince looked horrified.

“Y-Y-you already knew?” He took a step back. This.... would take a while.

“You’re a bit too obvious you know, only my dimwit of a sister wouldn’t notice anything” I said stating the obvious. Even the village idiot would understand... but this man just continued to stare at me with a blank expression.

 

“I never liked the idea of you and noona together – you know royal mess and everything – but then again I can’t exactly do anything against it-“ I sighed, “I was actually hoping you’ll never pick up the courage to ask actually – you know what you’re like~” I rolled my eyes and spun around in my chair drearily as Prince Leeteuk glared at me. I turned in my chair so my back was facing him.

“So you’d better get your act together before I change my mind and stop you altogether” I changed my tone and turned to look at him.

“… wait seriously? You’re letting me? Really?!” His face brightened and his eyes grew twice their size. I nodded and tried to suppress my smile to show a serious brotherly protection side to him. He seems too happy to notice though.

 

“Well erm.. ahem.. I’ll be off then ~ lots to do!” He straightened himself up and left the room as quick as lightening. 

 

I followed him out and watched as he greeted everyone farewell before disappearing behind the main doors. A few seconds later I heard a very happy and rather loud ‘YES!’ from outside. I smirked at the thought of the old boy’s little celebration dance. This is the start of something new, I might need some time to prepare myself for the mess that could result from this.

 

Focusing back on my surroundings I noticed a certain someone out of place yet again. This time he was playing with a spinning top. He really has outdone himself this time.

I closed my eyes and yelled with all my mite, “PARK YOOCHUN!”

“I still have 10 minutes!!!!” Was the reply I got followed by some scrambling noises. When I open my eyes I see that he had finally picked up his pen. Aish... why do I put up with this?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Introducing some new characters :) ~ I'll just be randomly popping new people in when I need them because I really can't be bothered with original characters ~

Reading back I wonder why I chose Yoochun, Taemin and Seungri of all the people?

Also why does it seem like Yoochun and Seungri have swapped personalities all of a sudden? XD

I wrote this back when Sunye was still single ~ seems out of context now... but so happy for her! Wishing her a very happy marriage ^^

Anyways thanks for reading ~

~~~(^__^)~~~