27. Kidnapped

Royal Court

Kidnapped

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“PUT.HIM.DOWN!”, a female voice suddenly came out of nowhere.

The gang carried on walking without even pausing to see who it was. Said woman didn’t stop there, she ran up to them and started struggling with the bulkier man to get the young boy off his shoulder. He easily shrugged her off and carried on walking but she just kept coming back and pulling on him.

“Hey boss this little lady here won’t let go of me.” he said to the leader.

“You two go deal with her”, the leader motioned and a tall man and a bold man walked towards the girl.

“You have no business here miss, please leave before you get hurt”, they said while holding her back to let the bigger man through.

 

“YAHH!! I demand you let him go this instance!” the girl wasn’t about to give up without a fight.

“HA! On who’s authority?” the leader mocked, turning around to face her.

“On my authority!” she replied with force.
“And who are you to be giving me orders?” the leader asked with amusement.
“Princess Suzy of EnGellei” she replied with a sense of authority.

But being the dense thugs they are they didn’t believe her, especially since she was wearing commoners clothing, which was easier for her to move about in during school hours.
 

“Hah! And I’m your father the king ~ mind your own business lady”, the leader said before carrying on his way. If anyone else had heard him that moment they wouldn’t know whether to be offended or to laugh at his stupidity. Not only did he not recognise a well-known member of the royal family, he also insulted one of the most respected Kings in the history of the kingdom. 

“How dare you insult my father!” Suzy shouted with fury.  
“Hey hyungnim we're gaining unwanted attention.” the bold man said when he started to notice people peeping at the noise.

“Aish ~ shut and bring her too, she doesn't look like she's gonna give in anytime soon.” The leader motioned one last time before disappearing into the alley followed by the bulky man with an unconscious Chulhwa across his shoulder.

“No you don’t---” before Suzy could scream the tall man covered with a piece of cloth while the other threw her over his shoulder. She tried resisting them by thrashing about but they had too strong a grip on her. Before she knew it, everything went black.
 


~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Lee Seonsaengnim! Lee Seonsaengnim!!” a little boy called as he ran through the streets.
Sungmin was just locking up the school for the day. He lifted his head to see Sangwoo running towards him.
“What is it? Shouldn't you have gone home by now?” he asked the frantic boy trying to get him to calm down.

“Chul...hwa... Miss… Suzy....” Sangwoo managed to say between huffs of breath.

“Ok Sangwoo breathe! Now try saying it slowly.” Sungmin said getting a little worried.

Sangwoo took a few deep breaths before shouting, “Some men took Chulhwa and Miss Suzy! I saw them when I was walking home!”

 

Sungmin’s eyes grew large in surprise but before he could even process the information he heard another voice calling for him.

“Sungmin-ah Sungmin-ah!!” a short plump woman screamed running towards them.
“Misoon ahjummeoni why are you here?” Sungmin asked anxiously as he caught the woman before she overflew.

“Some men came to me with this note~ they said they've captured Chulhwa and want his father's debt fully paid with interest before sunset tomorrow!” Misoon said in a single breath.


“What?!” Sungmin exclaimed in shock, then another detail caught his attention. “Wait why did they send it to the orphanage instead of Chulhwa's home?” Why was the orphanage manager of all people coming to tell him this information? Shouldn’t it be Chulhwa’s father?

“Chulhwa has been with us for a few months now ~ his father was a drunken mess when he left him with us saying he was too much of a hassle.” Misoon answered sadly.

Sungmin’s face grew dark at her reply “Why that....”

Without a second word Sungmin stormed to Chulhwa's home to find his father, leaving Misoon stunned on the spot at his sudden action.

“Sangwoo go after him just in case anything happens. Quick! I’ll go and get Henli.” Misoon told the boy. Sangwoo ran after him but Sungmin was too fast for him to catch up. Sungmin was beyond furious. And everyone in town knew not to mess with an angry Lee Sungmin. Misoon ran off to get the Lee siblings, the only ones who could hold him down.

 

When Sungmin reached Chulhwa’s home what he found was a scruffy man lying in the middle of what could only be described as a room full of trash. Sungmin walked over and pulled the motionless man up before punching him square in the face to wake him up.

“You irresponsible bastard!” he shouted as he punched the man again.
The man looked around trying to figure out who the hell woke him up and in such a violent manner.

“Who the hell.... oh it’s you ~ what do you want? If it's about the boy go find Misoon, not my concern anymore” he said uninterestedly before slumping lazily onto the nearest seat.

“Your son’s been kidnapped and all you do is lie about pushing the responsibility onto other people?!” Sungmin’s blood was boiling inside.

The man’s face became stiff for a moment when he heard what Sungmin said but once again he just slumped onto the chair. “As I said not my concern anymore ~ save him yourself if you think it’s so important”

Sungmin stomped over and picked him up by the collar throwing another punch at him.
“You despicable excuse of a human being ~ you don't deserve a son like Chulhwa ~ I don’t know what his mother ever saw in you ~ look where it got her and now where it got Chulhwa ~ disgusting!!”

Chulhwa’s mother’s death was a well-known story around the town. It was not entirely Chulhwa’s father’s fault but the fact he was so inconsiderate of her to the point that she died of a sickness he never even knew about caused many of the town’s people to criticise him badly. Not that the death didn’t affect him as he became a total wreck ever since.

 

Sungmin was about to release he’s fury onto the man before someone held onto his arm, preventing him from throwing anymore punches.

“Hyung! Calm down! It’s not time to be beating this dirtbag up. We need to find Chulhwa and Princess Suzy!” Henli said desperately trying to calm his brother down. Sungmin ignored Henli and lifted his other fist; he was too blinded by anger to hear any persuasion. He was a very calm person but when that fire was lit it was hard to put it out. A select few unfortunate souls have learnt that the bad way in the past.

Another person grabbed onto his other arm before his fist connected with Mr Im’s jaw.

“This is NOT the way to solve problems and you know it! Now put those fists DOWN!” Sohee demanded in a tone similar to their mother’s. The high shrill of Sohee’s scream finally got through to Sungmin. He hesitated for a bit before letting go.

“Come on oppa we need to go find them.” Sohee said calmly leading her brother away from the man.

Sungmin gave Mr Im one last glare before storming out the house but before he excited the house completely he heard the man say one last thing.

“They'll be in the old crypt near the end of the river.”

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

“LET.US.GO! YAHHH!!” Suzy screamed from the backroom.

“SHUT UP! Damn that woman is loud, we’re lucky this old crypt is so far away or the whole bloody town would’ve heard her.” One of the five men said. They were lounging around the crypt waiting for their boss to arrive.

“WHERE THE HELL DID YOU BRING US?! YAHHHH!!!!! LET US GO THIS INSTANT!!” Suzy screamed again.

“Urghh! You! Go shut her up” the leader ordered pointing at the bold man. Said man stood up with a grunt and grabbed some cloth before disappearing through the backroom door.

“YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET AWAY FROM –“ Suzy’s voice became muffled but she still continued to make as much sound as she could.

 

“Gagged her, still trying to call out but it should keep her quiet enough. Kid’s still knocked out though.” The bold man reported as he walked back into the main room.

“Well thank goodness for that” the lanky man said, rolling his eyes.

They continued their game of cards until a well-dressed man walked into the crypt. All five men stood up immediately at the sight of him and bowed respectfully.

“Where is he?” the boss asked the leader.

“In the backroom sir” the leader replied.

 

The gang silently watched him as he made his way around the table to reach the backroom door. As he opened it he saw a girl protectively shielding Chulhwa. Suzy started to make more noise when she saw this new stranger.

“Who’s the girl?” he asked, starting to sound a bit annoyed at what the gang had done without his permission.
“She was being a nuisance boss ~ wouldn’t let us take the boy ~ so we took her too before the crowds gathered” the leader tried to explain.
“But why did you bring her here? You could've just left her after you drugged her. Imbeciles!” the boss roared. All the men flinched at the sudden loudness.
“We’re sorry boss! We didn’t mean to! We weren’t thinking ~ please forgive us!” they all started to say at once, afraid of what their boss would do to them.

The boss ignored their stupidity and went inside checked to see who the girl was. He let out a gasp as he lifted her head to see her face. Suzy stared back at him defiantly not showing any fear and continued to make as much sound as she could. His face grew dark as he turned around slowly to glare daggers at his men.
 

“What’s the matter boss?” the leader asked with concern.
“You.absolute.IDIOT! Who told you to kidnap a princess!?” the boss shouted at them. Suzy silently rolled her eyes; finally someone recognised her!

“I didn't know boss! Honest!” the leader said frantically.
“Well she did say she was a princess...” the lanky man said quietly. His snarky comment earning him a whack around the head.

“We’ll take her back right away boss” the leader said as he started to move towards Suzy.

 

The boss put his hand up motioning for them to stop.
“No. She’s seen us ~ we can’t risk her bringing the police here” he said calmly as he dug into his pockets and took out a bottle. “Here knock her out and just continue with the plan” he said throwing them the bottle.

The leader caught it and immediately uncorked it. He took out a piece of cloth and poured some of the contents onto it. Suzy started screaming again when he came towards her with the cloth. A sudden loud screech could be heard when he removed the rag from but was soon silenced as she once again lost consciousness.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This story line is probably one of my favs

and I've slightly changed my writing style to be a bit more sophisticated

so hope it gives you a clearer picture of the story

Thanks for reading

~~~(^__^)~~~