16. Win my sister

Royal Court

Win My Sister

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~~Kyuhyun POV~~~

Ever since the day our dear Prince Leeteuk came to my office I have been counting down the days until he would formally ask my sister for a date. Today was that day. As her brother, I for one was not going to let some Prince take away my sister. I don’t like all the Royal drama, and Leeteuk hyung  is a bit... well ~incompetent to say the least. I’m going to test the Prince, and if he survives well... he could keep going out with her. I don’t plan on giving up easily but I don’t think I’ll need to do that much to be honest.

 

“Ah Leeteuk is here!” Sunye called from downstairs. I stayed in my room and pretended I was asleep. “I’ll be back later!” She called as she left the house. The moment the door closed I sprung out of bed and looked out of the window. Leeteuk helped her enter the carriage and they drove away. I ran downstairs nearly killing myself in the process as my klutz of a sister had left shoes on the stairs. It didn’t stop me though and I ran out of the house into our stables. I had prepared my horse earlier so it was easy for me to catch up. I tried to keep hidden and the carriage went off the main track. The two of them came out of the carriage, Leeteuk gently holding her hand and taking her deep into the woods.

I AM NOT HAVING THIS! I dismounted and stealthily ran after them. They emerged from this meadow with a large water fall. I was stunned. I’ve lived here all my life... and didn’t even know this place existed! My sister also gasped in amazement. I stayed in a bush that wasn’t too far away from them so I could hear what they were saying.

 

“Oh my... this is beautiful” Sunye said. Leeteuk nodded.

“Isn’t it? This is my secret spot.” the Prince beamed. “Do you know why our kingdom is called EnGellei?”

“There was some old story to it, my mother used to tell me it but I can’t exactly remember.”

Leeteuk smiled, lay down a blanket and beckoned her to sit.

“Well, I will tell you. It’s all to do with this waterfall. One day, the kingdom had fallen into a great war and the people in the kingdom had lost faith in the angels of our land. There was a great disturbance in the heaven and an angel fell from heaven and landed on the cliff. He was stripped of his wings and his halo and very badly hurt. A young girl had heard the angel’s cry and had come to his rescue. She went and helped the angel get better until he was fully healed, but his wings and halo didn’t come back. No-one believed he was an angel apart from that girl...” Leeteuk went on with the story but I was too bored. Strangely Sunye was genuinely listening... “And as the angel’s tears fell onto the ground, a waterfall was created. EnGellei translates as Angel Falls, hence the Kingdoms name.” Sunye clapped and Leeteuk bowed. How thrilling. Now... to ruin their moment mwahaha.

 

I guessed he would bring a picnic and indeed he did ~ such a typical action but he is a newbie with all this dating stuff. Now the disturbance begins!

Okay strategy one ~BUGS! I know for a fact that Noona hates bugs, being the one who’s constantly running to her aid with anti-bug weapons as soon as she screams for the past god knows how many years. I’m not sure about Leeteuk hyung though, but I do notice him fidgeting a lot whenever he’s outdoors, but being a Prince he can’t exactly flail about like an idiot. While the pair went off to admire the waterfall I sneaked up to the picnic basket that they had left unattended. I took out a box full of cockroaches that I found near the trash outside our kitchen. I’m not scared of bugs but not exactly a fan of them either so it took me a long time to catch those critters. I opened each container in the basket and put one cockroach in then threw the rest into the basket before sneaking back to my original position to watch.

 

“I never would’ve known about this if you hadn’t take me here. Thank you for showing me such a wonderful place ^_^” Noona said as they made their way back to their picnic.

“No problem ~ I’ve always wanted to take you here actually, just you know…” as per usual Leeteuk hyung was stuttering and being awkwardly shy. I shook my head at the sight and wondered how long he had actually been crushing on Noona before asking her out. I’ve noticed for about the past year or so but seeing this I’m guessing it’s been a whole lot longer…

They started talking about their hobbies and favourite things and… anything really, it was starting to get really boring since they weren’t even touching their picnic basket. I crouched behind the tree for a good half an hour before anything promising started to happen. My legs were seriously starting to give out any moment soon. As I stood up to relief my legs I heard Noona scream.

I placed my attention back onto the couple and say quite an interesting scenario. Noona as usual was running about arms flailing everywhere while Teukie ran as far from the basket as possible while trying to keep calm. “Oppa!! Oppa get rid of them get rid of them!!!!” was all Noona was screaming as the Prince tried his best to edge closer to the basket to get rid of the critters. As soon as he came within a one meter radius of the bugs he would let out a little yelp which means my little prediction of his fright of bugs was true~ mind of a chief detective there~

 

After about 10 minutes of fighting with the cockroaches they decided to abandon the basket and head for town instead. Leeteuk kept bowing and apologising for the incident but Noona seemed to be fine and kept smiling to reassure him it was all ok. When they reached the carriage Leeteuk, like the amazing royal citizen he is, asked his driver to clean up the mess so that it doesn’t ruin the beautiful area. Since their driver was no longer available they started making their way into town by foot. The thing was Noona hated walking long distances in her heels, as I’m sure many females are. Those things are deadly, to those who wear them and anyone else around those wearing them. I would know having tripped over so many pairs of them at home. Leeteuk hyung has created his own trap I didn’t even do anything! Mwahaha~

 

I decided to ride on ahead and hide on the side of the Bed and Breakfast just inside the town gates. I went in to have some lunch since I was also starving from the lack of food. I waited another half an hour after finishing my lunch before I saw the couple submerge from across the bridge outside the gates. The thing was Leeteuk hyung was giving Noona a piggy-back ride. This I did not see =_= ~ when was he that strong?

 

They also went into the Bed and Breakfast since it was the closest place and I’m guessing Noona had blistered feet and the Prince was tired from all the walking and carrying. Anyone else seeing this would’ve thought of the wrong situation. As I waited for them to rest and have some lunch I tried to hatch up another plan to blow this date in a million pieces. I suddenly remembered Sulli at this moment ~ my sister is quite a fashionista… would she react the same way? It’s never happened before so I don’t know… what the heck~ let’s give it a try!

 

I saw some kids playing near the fountain in the middle of the town crossroads. I went over and tried to bribe one of the kids to crash into my sister with some ice-cream. But as soon as I mentioned ice-cream all the other kids seemed to perk up and started doing a little “Me too, me too!” chant. In the end I brought them all ice-cream and just asked them to run around and crash into them as they pleased. They seemed happy and contented so I guess they would go along with it. Just as I gave the last kid his ice-cream the couple came out looking rather happy and joyful.

 

I whispered to the kid and pointed out the target to him. He nodded and went over to his friends and also pointed them out. They walked towards the fountain as it was the only way into town and came into contact with the children. They happily avoided them like any other day but didn’t see the few kids who started running in their direction from the behind and from the sides. It was quite a scrambled  mess. Ice-cream flew everywhere and everyone just fell to the floor. It looked rather painful and I’m not sure a detective chief such as myself should be behind this kind of scheming ~ mental note don’t let anyone know about this.

 

The parents and other people around started making a fuss over the kids behaving badly and trying to clean up the couple ~ the usual fussy parents. The couple didn’t make much of a fuss themselves and told the parents to go get the children cleaned up. They headed off then and I was going to follow but then the kids appeared in front of me again asking for compensation. Their argument ~ they did what I told them to and lost their ice-creams – now they want a new one! I tried to get myself out of the situation but I can’t exactly barge through a dozen odd kids who may start bawling if I didn’t do as they say. Some say kids are innocent.. I say they have evil little plotting brains!

 

I ran about trying to catch up with them again after giving out another batch of free ice-creams. I found them on my porch and there seemed to be an awkward atmosphere ~ I think my plan worked…

“Sorry everything messed up today. I had no idea where those bugs came from and I made you walked all that way in those painful looking shoes and I couldn’t save you from getting ice-cream all over your dress… I’m so sorry..” I could hear Leeteuk hyung say, head dipped low.

 “Don’t be like that! I had a wonderful time! ^_^”, she said and gave him a really dazzling smile. Leeteuk hyung smiled back but still looked a bit depressed that the day didn’t go as planned.

“Well I’ll be off now.. see you some other time?”

“Ok ~ cheer up ~ it wasn’t that bad”, Noona said again trying to reassure the sad Prince. She knocked on the door and the maid opened the door but just before she entered the house she leaned down and peaked the Prince on the cheek. I was utterly shocked at her actions and so was Leeteuk as he looked as stunned as I felt. Noona smiled and waved at him then went inside. Leeteuk hyung was still rooted to the spot unable to move from the shock. When he revived he started to grin like an idiot and went off with a skip in his step.

I can’t believe nothing worked… Prince Leeteuk seemed to be made of something stronger than I thought.. or maybe my sister’s just too soft? But if that’s the case letting her into the Royal family is a definite no no~ soft hearts + royal mess = disaster for the soft heart…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evil Kyu in play XD

Wonders how he ever governs the town ~

Thanks for reading 

~~~(^__^)~~~