22. Crush

Royal Court

Crush

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Donghae POV~~

 

"Fish! Over here!" A familiar voice shouted. I turned around and saw Iyu waving at the restaurant... Somehow I had managed to walk straight past it without noticing. I mustered up a smile and walked back. "Yah, that’s the 3rd time you've done that now" she smiled. I justed scratched my head.

"Oh hey, why aren't you with Eunhyuk?" I muttered. It was rare to find one without the other. "Amber wanted him to help her out with something so I'm waiting for him here" she smiled. For that moment I wanted to just grab her and hold her.... but I restrained with every cell in my body. She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the restaurant. I just walked in limply as if I was a rag doll. I really really didn't want to be here.

"You have a lot on your mind don't you~" She said sadly. I shrugged. I had more than a lot on my mind~ so much that I was starting to get ill from it. I couldn't look up at her. She poured me some tea and sat down opposite. "Get it off your chest, I'm here for you." she smiled.

"I don't know where to start..." I said miserably.

I was depressed by my father’s death of course and that my brothers have this huge pressure on them to rule a huge kingdom. I was worried about the war that was going on and how mother is coping having to rule the kingdom whilst grieving for father.  I missed Eunhyuk. The one person I could spill all my secrets too. But most of all my heart hurts. I couldn't stand looking at Iyu anymore because the pain would intensify and I feel like I can't breathe. Would Hyukkie feel like this if we swapped places?

I put my head in my hands and stared at the table. I felt a gentle hand rest on my shoulder.

"It’s going to be ok Donghae Oppa~" Iyu said with a calming voice. I looked up and looked straight at her. She looked.... beautiful. My senses completely nulled, the pain in my chest stopped but my heart raced as I traced her face with my eyes. Then our eyes met, she looked away instantly but in that tiny second I could see something.

“Oppa!” I turned around as Iyu got up and ran into Eunhyuk’s arms. “Hey sorry for keeping you waiting ~” he replied smiling sweetly at her.

“What did Amber want?” She question as she loosened their embrace.

“…I don’t even know how to explain it… it’s Amber we’re talking about” He explained while rubbing the back of his head in confusion. He looked around and finally noticed me, “HAE! – what’s up bro ~ I barely see you these days”, he said as he walked up to me and gave me a hug.

“You mean I barely see you ~ always running off on dates before I even wake up”, I corrected him. 

“Hey! you’ll be the same when you find a girl ~ worse than me I’d say”, he teased with a wink.

“Whatever ~ I’ll leave you lovebirds alone ~ Where’s Amber, if she’s up to no good then I want a piece of the action”, I said as I started to make my way out, not wanting to stay caught in their date.

“I left her at the café, whether she’s still there is another question”, Eunhyuk answered.

“Right see ya!”

I walked straight out until I was out of their sight. At that moment I turned around to see them cuddling and talking just like any other couple. I caught her eye but she looked away immediately, seeing that I tore my eyes off her and walked away.

I couldn’t help feeling that she’s hiding something from Eunhyuk… from me...

 

 

A week or so later

Walking into the Kim’s restaurant I see Hyoyeon sitting by herself organising the cutlery. It was still early so there weren’t any customers yet. I took a seat opposite her causing her to look up and smile at me.

“Morning Oppa, what brings you here so early in the morning?”, she asked brightly.

“Morning ^^ ~ I don’t know ~ I got up really early this morning and started wandering and now, here I am”, I replied.

“Well give me a hand and fold these napkins ^^”, she said out of nowhere. Not the type of greeting I was expecting if I’m totally honest but there wasn’t much to do anyways.

“You’re making a Prince work!? Shock, horror!”, I said while making faces of my ‘shock’.

“You know you can’t say no”, she grinned chessily at me and I couldn’t disagree.

“You’re right”, I said as I rolled up my sleeves and started helping her.

I started getting to work on the napkins and we just spent the early morning getting the restaurant ready for the day’s business. As we worked we chatted and messed about laughing at the racket coming from kitchen of Ryeowookie hyung screaming at Yesung hyung for being clumsy again.

I started to go help out in the morning more often since I really had nothing to do, what with Eunhyuk being occupied and everything. I enjoyed Hyoyeon’s company and I think she appreciates mine, especially in the morning when she’s working by herself. Ryeowookie hyung never leaves Yesung hyung alone in the kitchen, you will only see Ryeowook when you see Yesung, or when Yesung’s not there.

 

 

It was a normal helping out day. I arrived just as Hyoyeon opened the shop and we started our usual routine. Giving the floor a sweep, putting the chairs down, wiping down the tables then organising the cutlery. 

“Aww look at the sweet hard working couple”, Sohee said as she walked in followed by the usual crowd, Ria, Amber and the HyukYu couple. The couple walked in hand-in-hand and as sweet as ever. It was a sight that I still cannot comprehend but will need to learn to get used to.

“Hey quite joking ~ we’re not a couple”, Hyoyeon replied in a jokey tone.

“Yeah tell that to the rest of the kingdom ~ everyone’s saying Prince Donghae is the best boyfriend ever, always helping his girlfriend to open the restaurant bright and early every morning” The ever nosy Amber sing-songed.

“What?! When did that start going around?”, Hyoyeon asked in shock. To be honest I was quite shocked too but I guess you do lose the gossip after locking yourself indoors for so long.

“Since Oppa has been coming here practically every day for the past month or so ~ I mean you can’t help the suspicions ~ I mean even I think you’re going out… Are you?” Amber retorted, being nosy again.

“… well… we’re not ok”, Hyoyeon repeated.

“Eh? Really? What a shame you could’ve been the missing link between the twinnie oppas ~ with you they can hang out more when you go for double dates!”, Amber commented, pinpointing how much I’ve missed Eunhyuk these days.

At that comment Hyoyeon gave a bitter sweet smile. I don’t think the others noticed but I did. The feeling she was emitting was familiar, I knew it all too well.

“Yeah we could’ve been dating buddies” Eunhyuk said next to me. He gave me a nudge and then went up to Hyoyeon and ruffled her hair.

 She patted his hand away playfully and smiled brightly at him but that aura was still present.

“Hae be a man and ask her out already! It’s so obvious you two have a thing for each other” Sohee rooted.

“Yeh bro ~ didn’t you always say you were jealous of what we had”, Eunhyuk said as he wrapped his arms around Iyu’s waist in a back hug. I watched Hyoyeon to see her reaction ~ a simple bitter sweet smile.

“Boo!! Yes we’re jealous so what?!” the crowd commented with the addition of Yesung hyung and Ryeowook Hyung who popped out of the kitchen.

Amber was quick to respond to Yesung hyung’s entrance “EH? You jealous? What happened to Luna Unnie? Don’t tell me you already forgot about her!”

Yesung hyung turned around instantly and slipped back into the kitchen, with Ryeowookie hyung following close behind. Everyone laughed at that then continued to tease the happy couple and us ~ the rumored couple.

As the teasing continued I saw Hyoyeon getting more uncomfortable and out of instinct just walked up to her and put my arm around her.

“Yes we are dating ~ and?”

The words just slipped out my mouth ~ where they came from I don’t know. But it shocked everyone as much as myself. So much that even the chef hyungs came out with their mouths hanging open.

Hyoyeon just looked up at me with questioning eyes ~ we both knew each other’s heart well but I just whispered in her ear “Just play along”.

“WHAT!!?! Since when??!?”, Amber shouted in rage. “First Eunhyuk oppa now you!!!”, she exclaimed while pointing an accusing finger. “How many times have I told you two to stop leaving me out of these things!!!”

“Well.. it sorta just… happened” I said while scratching my head ~ because yeah.. it really did…

“And is it so bad to have some privacy in this town!, why does everyone need to know anyways?” I said, and regretted straight after.

“YOU!”, Amber shouted. “You DARE speak back!”, she said while advancing towards me.

Whoops ~ That tone is not healthy. Right before Amber could pounce on me I just grabbed ahold of Hyoyeon and ran out the restaurant.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slightly late update~~

I actually had it opened and everything last night but I still forgot XD

This chapter is so weird to me... why the hell did I make Ryeowook Donghae's hyung?? XD

But sad Hae and his crush ~

Thanks for reading ^_^

~~~(^__^)~~~