28. Rescue Squad

Royal Court

Rescue Squad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Once he got the tip from Chulhwa’s father Sungmin immediately started heading towards the forest.

“Sunsaengnim!!” Sangwoo called out to him just before he left the town gates.

Sungmin stopped to give Sangwoo some instructions. “Sangwoo go to the police station right now and tell them the bandits have Princess Suzy and Chulhwa in the old crypt near the end of the river. I’m going to go make sure that nothing will happen and wait for them to come. Tell them to be as quick as possible. I’m counting on you!”

 

Once the boy had run off Sungmin carried on his way to get to the crypt as soon as possible with his siblings trailing close behind. Going past the town gates they carried on running through the forest along the river bank. It was quite far away, especially on foot but Sungmin continued running regardless. The more he thought about the possibilities of what could have happened to them the faster he pushed himself to run.

After running for about half an hour they finally sighted the old crypt in the distance. Carefully hidden behind huge trees it was almost impossible to notice unless you were specifically looking for it. Now with a slightly clearer mind Sungmin made sure to check out the area before he made any rash decisions; their safety was his utmost priority. The three siblings knelt down beside a wide oak that was right in front of the crypt. From there they could see the kidnappers through the doorway.

“Any plans hyung?” Henli asked in an unusually serious tone.

“Sangwoo said there were five men and so far we can only see three of them sitting at that table. We don’t know whether the other two are so we need to be careful.” Sungmin reasoned.

“I think we need a distraction. That way we can lead a few of them away and hopefully the other two will turn up because of the commotion.” Sohee suggested before she turned and looked at Henli. Sungmin had also turn to face his brother. Sensing the sudden attention Henli turned towards his siblings and made an exaggerative ‘why me?’ face. Sohee gave him a sharp glare and he stood up unwillingly.

“Fine, fine…. Whatever” He grumbled as he made his way closer to the crypt.

 

 

“Nice hideout” Henli commented as he leaned against the door frame cheekily grinning at the kidnappers.

Shocked by the sudden voice the three sitting at the table jumped onto their feet and faced the intruder. Henli noted that a fourth man was asleep in the corner of the room while the fifth one was still missing.   

“Who are you?” The lanky man asked.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out” Henli said, still grinning. “But I do wonder what reward I will get for reporting this.”

“You wouldn’t dare…” The lanky man threatened as he picked up a knife from the table.

“Watch me.” Henli smirked as he started walking away.

 

“What now bro?” his bold friend asked.

“Urgh!!” The lanky man pulled his hair in frustration. “You wake up the boss and tell him to move the boy and the princess, we’ll take care of the brat.” He ordered and motioned for the bigger guy to follow him.

Henli stayed in plain sight as he waited for someone to be dumb enough to fall for his trap. When he saw two of them step out of the crypt he made sure they could see him before he turned around and started jogging lightly away, perfectly confident he could outrun them anytime he wanted.

The two men followed him past the horde of surrounding trees and into a more open area further upstream. Henli suddenly stopped and turned around to face the two men. The lanky one came to a surprise halt causing the big man to crash into him.

“Heh piece of cake” Henli quietly muttered to himself with a smirk on his face.

 

 

Back at the crypt Sungmin and Sohee were still lying low just in case something unexpected happened. Not long after Henli had lead the men away three more emerged from the crypt; one of them looking extremely annoyed as he continuously hit the bold man’s head. The other man carried a still unconscious Chulhwa.

“What about the girl boss?” the bold man asked meekly.

“What. About. The. Girl?!” said boss said through gritted teeth as he hit the man with every word he said.

“What if she wakes up and reports us before the deal is done?” the frightened man replied, squeaking slightly.

“We don’t have enough energy to carry her too. Forget her, its fine as long as she’s still tied up.”

The boss started to storm off angrily but was abruptly stopped when Sungmin and Sohee stepped out in front of him.

 

“And where do you think you’re going?” Sohee asked with a hostile tone.

“Why why if it isn’t the boy’s precious teachers.” The boss said grinning, the people he was waiting for had finally arrived.

“Put the boy down” Sungmin said calmly but darkly. The bold man cowered in fear while the other man just stood emotionless.

The boss chuckled at his words “Hand us the money and we’ll hand you the boy. It’s a simple transaction my boy. I’m sure a clever teacher such as yourself would understand.”

 

“You have 3 seconds to put Chulhwa down and disappear from my sight.” Sungmin threatened.

 

“3” The boss merely smirked and continued walking. The other two still hadn’t moved from their initial spot.

 

“2” The boss stopped and turned around to find himself alone.

 

“1”

 

At the count of one Sungmin dashed over to the man, punching the boss in face which sent him flying backwards. The bold man came running at him but Sungmin ducked and blocked his attack while punching him sharply in the stomach. Before the bold man could even react to the pain, Sungmin had already flipped him over and threw him across the field, sending him crashing into a pile of wooden craters. Sungmin turned around to see that the other man had already set Chulhwa down as if ready to attack as well. Said man started running towards Sungmin lifting a leg to kick. Sungmin swiftly blocked and then grabbed onto the leg that was about to attach to his head. He swung the leg down with force expecting the man to tumble like the others however he managed to follow Sungmin’s movements and caught himself with his hands on the ground, before pushing himself up again in a single swift movement.

 

Momentarily surprised by the man’s skill Sungmin didn’t see the punch that was aimed at his face and stumbled a few steps when fist connected with jaw. Realising his mistake of underestimating his opponent, Sungmin recomposed himself. Looking at his component’s eyes he knew it would be an intense fight.  

 

At the same time Sohee rushed over to Chulhwa as soon as he was set down.

“Chulhwa! Chulhwa! Come on kid wake up!!” Sohee said desperately as she lightly slapped the boy’s cheeks trying to bring him back to consciousness.

Suddenly the boss appeared from behind her and grabbed her by trapping her arms. Different from what the boss thought, Sohee didn’t even scream. Instead she swiftly threw her head back which crashed into the boss’s nose. Surprised by the sudden attack his grip on her loosened and Sohee took this chance to break free from his hold. She turned around, stood up and punched the man in the nose, satisfied with the crack she heard when her fist connected with his already sore nose.  

 

“You !” The boss man shouted as blood started to flow from his nostrils. He sat there fussing over his probably broken nose while Sohee stared at him a bit dumbfounded.

Starting to lose her patience Sohee stomped over to the man on the floor and pulled him up by the collar.

“You low-life what did you do to Chulhwa?! Why isn’t he waking up!?” Sohee screamed at him.

“Heh wouldn’t you like to know” the man smirked as he pried Sohee’s hands off him. “Now move out of the way little lady, you may have managed to punch me when my guard was down but I can cause some serious damage. We don’t want that pretty face getting hurt now do we.” He said making slight coo-y faces which made Sohee want to puke.  

 

The boss man walked past Sohee towards Chulhwa but was held back.

“Don’t you dare go anywhere near him!” she shouted as she spun him around and punched him again.

“YAH!! WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE NOSE!!” The boss shouted as he held onto his precious nose. “That’s it! No more mercy!”  

 

The man charged at Sohee but she didn’t even flinch. Just as his fist was about to make contact with her face she dodged which made the man topple over at the sudden loss of balance. The man let out a frustrated cry before getting up to charge again. This time Sohee ducked away from the high aim fist and punched the man in the stomach. Before he could react Sohee aimed another punch at his face then gave him a round kick across his neck.

“You messed with the wrong girl.” Sohee whispered to the man as she walked closer to him. She grabbed the man, dragged him into the crypt and sat him down on a chair. She quickly grabbed some rope about a meter away from the chair but saw the man getting up in the corner of her eye. She swiftly got up and flew a kick towards the man making him fall back onto chair.

“Don’t even think about it” Sohee calmly said while her eyes glared daggers at the man; a glare that was strong enough to tame any man. Sohee tied the man up with the rope she acquired and looked around the room to find Suzy. Seeing a small door in the corner she went to investigate and soon found Suzy in a small dark room nearer the back.

 

Sohee rushed over and untied the unconscious princess.

“Princess! Princess Suzy! Please wake up!” she called out but Suzy showed no reaction. After a few more failed attempts Sohee went out to find some water in hopes that it will work. Back in the main room Sohee found a pitcher of water on the table. Ignoring the man who was struggling on the chair she went back to Suzy and splashed the contents of the pitcher into her face.

Suzy jumped as the cold liquid hit her face.                          

“Who did th..!” the princess tried to say but stopped to clutch her head in pain “Ah my head”

“You’re finally awake!! Omg Princess are you ok? Are you hurt? Did they hit you in the head?” Sohee exclaimed as she threw herself onto the princess and started to fuss over her like a mother hen.

 

Suzy slowly lifted her head to see who was fussing over her only to be left a bit speechless to see Sohee right in front of her.

“Unnie..? huh..? why are you here? Omg did they kidnap you too?” Suzy asked clutching onto Sohee to see if she was hurt.

Sohee chuckled at her actions, finding it sweet how she was more concerned about others when she was the one who was in need.

“I’m ok Princess, I’m here to save you.” Sohee said.

Suzy could only blink at her not quite comprehending how Sohee would have barged in here by hereself, “Unnie I know you’re good but I didn’t know you were that good…”

“Haha you’re funny Princess. Oppa and Henli came too. Now do you think you can walk?”

 

At the question Suzy looked at her legs as if waiting for them to tell her whether they still work or not.

“I think I can” she replied hesitantly.

Sohee stood up and helped the princess up, Suzy wobbled a bit but soon gained balance and slowly started walking out with the help of Sohee.

 

Once they made it out to the main room Suzy noticed the boss man tied up on a chair trying to break free.

“Give it a break you can’t undo it.” Sohee said dully. The man ignored her and continued to struggle.

Suzy looked back and forth between the boss and Sohee. “You did that?” she asked pointing at her nose then at the man. Sohee nodded proudly.

“Wow unnie remind me not to get on your bad side.” Suzy said in amazement. Never in her life has she ever seen a girl defend herself so well never mind have her opponent totally under control.

 

“Where are the other men?” Suzy questioned.

“Well Henli lured two of them away so he’s either got them running to the other side of the forest or he’s doing some serious damage somewhere not far from here. Sungmin oppa was fighting one of them outside.” Sohee explained.

When she heard Sungmin being mentioned Suzy immediately made her way towards the crypt door and true to Sohee’s words Sungmin was indeed fighting outside.

“Oh wow that guy is good. Normally they would’ve been defeated by now.” Sohee commented, surprised to see someone last longer than three minutes in a fight with her older brother. Suzy could only look on hoping Sungmin will be ok.

 

The two men were locked in an intense fight. Both were injured but the kidnapper seemed a bit more bruised than Sungmin was; both were slowly becoming short of breathe. The man sent a punch Sungmin’s way and Sungmin flipped to avoid it. When he regained his balance he had his back facing the man.

“Sungmin watch out!!” Suzy called out when the man was about to ram a kicked into Sungmin’s neck. Thanks to the warning Sungmin just about managed to dodge the attack. Looking towards the direction of the crypt he saw Suzy standing next to Sohee. Relief washed over him as he saw her unharmed.

Facing his opponent again Sungmin decided he needed to end it quickly. He didn’t think he could hang on for much longer. But he had to admit he does respect the man’s fighting skills despite the bad deeds he has done. It’s been a long while since he’s been in a proper fight.

Sungmin stood still and waited for the man to approach him. The element of surprise was his best bet right now. Right on cue the man indeed speed towards Sungmin who waited until the very last second before he dodged the man’s attack. He gathered all his energy and punched the man hard in the stomach making him bend over in pain. He then elbowed him in the back causing him to fall face first onto the floor. Sungmin kneeled down on the man putting his weight onto him to keep him on the floor. He then locked the man’s arms behind his back so that he couldn’t move. With his energy totally depleted the man didn’t even try to escape anymore, admitting his defeat.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right little rant right now

Wae so many silent readers??

Come on! 28 chapters guys ~ there has to be some comment!!

It's nice to know whether you like the story or not ~

And considering I'm not even half way through it yet...

Let me know who you're shipping ~ 

What you think is going to happen between which characters ~

Just SOMETHING!

>____<

but anyways 

Thanks for reading

~~~(^__^)~~~