32. Shy Boy, Shy Girl

Royal Court

Shy Boy, Shy Girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another quiet afternoon at ‘Home of Kim’… well as quiet as it gets. It was just after lunch rush hour and now that the restaurant is empty of customers, it was filled with family and friends. Today’s party included Sohee, Ria and Minah gossiping on one table. It had been a while since Minah stepped out of the palace with her husband being so busy, but Sohee who visited her often managed to drag her out for the day. Henli and Ryeowook were playing a card game on a second table; something Henli was proving to be really bad at, as he continued to look utterly confused whenever Ryeowook makes a new move. On the last occupied table were Sungmin, Suzy and Chulhwa. The trio were having a happy family date since it was a beautiful weekend. Although still a bit introvert, Chulhwa had fully integrated with his new adopted family and friends. Everyone adored and doted on him, making him feel happier than he had been for a long time. The twin princes and their girlfriends were also present earlier but had left to go on a double date.

 

“It’s so nice to be here after so long. Feels like home.” Minah said happily.

“This IS your home! This is why you need to come out more to visit us.” Sohee said, almost a bit too enthusiastically. “It’s too much effort going into that castle of yours!”

“Yeah Minah, and there’s so much more to do out here as well.” Ria added.

 

“Are you sure it’s the journey that’s effort or the arguing that’s effort?” Minah said, teasing Sohee. Sohee glared at her friend a little before rolling her eyes. Ria laughs at the comment.

“I can’t help it if Mr Narcissist keeps getting in my way.” Sohee says. “Like why out of that huge castle of his must I run into him every.single.time! It’s not even like I take the same route every time either.”

“They say great minds think alike. I’d say its fated hearts think alike.” Ria commented cheekily.

Sohee gave her a deadpanned expression, “Yeah like that’s ever gonna happen. Prince Narcissist can take his equally narcissistic little girlfriend and live a perfectly narcissistic life for all I care.”

“Oooooo is someone jealous?” Minah teased.

“Don’t! even go there…” Sohee warned.

 

“Heechul oppa isn’t that bad. He’s always nice to me.” Ria said.

“To your lady-ness maybe, but a commoner like me? He wouldn’t stoop so low.” Sohee casually says.

“I think you’re being too harsh on him. I’ve never heard anything bad of him. Even the servants say he’s very polite and courteous. He’s probably just a bit old fashioned with sticking to tradition and everything.” Minah said in the Prince’s defense.

“Why are you defending him…?” Sohee looks at her friends suspiciously.

“We just think you’re judging him too quickly and too biasedly.” Ria comments.

“Enough about me what about you unnie? How’s it going with Mimi oppa?” Sohee changes the topic.

“What about us? He’s just teaching me how to make clothes.” Ria replies simply.

“Just?” Sohee teases as she leans in with a cheeky glint in her eyes. Minah leans in too, very much intrigued about the relationship between her brother and her friend. But before any further probing could continue they get distracted by a loud noise of discontent coming from the table next to them.

 

“I give up!” Henli said in frustration as he threw his cards onto the table, “I don’t get this game at all! Hyung you’re doing this on purpose!”

“Hey you’re the one who wanted to play.” Ryeowook said matter-of-factly.

“You keep getting all the good cards.” The man child whined. But then as if realisation hit him, he made a dramatic gasp. “Hyung you’re cheating!”

Ryeowook just raised his eyebrows and gave him a stern look.

“Well how do you keep winning?!” Henli cried out in frustration, a deep pout plastered on his face.

 

“When have you ever actually won a card game that isn’t snap before?” Sungmin said from the table behind him.

Henli turned around and looked at his brother in disbelief, his own brother not on his side!

“You’re mean, you’re both mean.” He said to both of them before turning towards Suzy. “Princesssss they’re bullying me!”

Suzy reached out her hand and patted Henli on the head. “There there big boy. It’s only a card game.”

 

“Well if big cry baby here doesn’t want to play with me I’ll go back to my duties.” Ryeowook said as he stood up to head to the kitchen. “Practise more before you challenge me again Henli. Maybe you can ask Chulhwa for help.”

“HYUNG!” Henli cried out loud. Ryeowook just chuckled as he disappeared behind the kitchen doors.

“I’m really good at that game Uncle Henli. I could teach you. I even beat Uncle Ming the other day!” Chulhwa said innocently as he offered his help.

Henli just continues to mope while everyone else laughs at the innocence of the young boy who didn’t understand the mockery behind Ryeowook’s words.

 

“Amber’s in the house!.....” Amber says loudly as she walks suddenly into the restaurant, only to stop halfway wondering why everyone was laughing. “What’s so funny?”

“Henli’s being a big baby over losing his card games” Sohee fills her in.

“Tell me something that’s new.” Amber comments; earning another round of laughs from her friends.

“But look who I dragged out today!” Amber says enthusiastically before turning around and dragging someone into the restaurant. “Luna unnie’s out!” Amber grins widely at her accomplishment.

“Hello everyone.” Luna shyly greets the people in front of her.

 

“Omo unnie!! Long time no see!! Where has Shiyoung umma been hiding you?” Suzy jumps up upon seeing her half-sister. She rounds the table and gives Luna a big hug.

“Hi Suzy, how are you? I heard we just got a new addition to the family thanks to you.” Luna smiles at her.

“Oh yeah! Chulhwa come here.” Suzy turns around to wave the boy over.

“This is Chulhwa. My son.” Suzy introduces proudly. “ Chulhwa this is your Aunty Luna.”

“Hello Aunty Luna.” Chulhwa greets with a deep bow.

“Hello Chulhwa, what a polite little boy.” Luna says, smiling sweetly at the boy.

 

“Let me introduce you to everyone!” Amber says, interrupting the sisters’ reunion.

“These three you know so never mind.” Amber says as she skips the first table of girls.

“Hey give us some acknowledgment!” Sohee complains from behind them.

 

“This is Henli. Sohee unnie’s younger brother and sports teacher at the local school.” Amber points towards Henli who was nothing but smiles now in the presence of a beautiful lady.

“Hello Princess, how do you do?” He greets happily as he reaches out a hand towards Luna.

“It’s nice to meet you Henli-ssi.” Luna replies. She was about to respond to the hand shake but Amber stops her and turns her towards the last table.

“No need to get too friendly with that one. He can be a nuisance.” Amber says to the annoyance of said boy.

“Why does everyone hate me today?” Henli pouts again. Amber just ignores him while Luna feels sorry for the poor boy. However she can’t help but giggle at his dramatic behaviour.

 

“And over here we have Sungmin Oppa. Sohee unnie and Henli’s oldest brother, history teacher and hero of the local school, Chulhwa’s guardian and our very own Suzy’s boyfriend!” Amber says, giving Sungmin the grandest introduction out of all of them.

“It’s nice to finally meet the man who turned this spoilt little princess into the fine lady she is today.” Luna greets with a tease.

“Unnie!” Suzy exclaims. Sungmin only laughs remembering the first few times he encountered Suzy. Never did he think they would become a couple.

“It’s nice to meet you too Princess Luna. You should come out more. It gets really lively here and around town.” Sungmin replies with a gentle smile.

 

CRASH! BANG! CLINK!

“HYUNG GET OUT OF THIS KITCHEN RIGHT NOW!” Ryeowook’s shrill voice could be heard from the kitchen.

“It was an accident!” Yesung tried to defend himself.

“WHEN ISN’T IT AN ACCIDENT?! GET OUT!” Ryeowook yelled at the top of his voice.

 

Everyone just stares at the kitchen doors and shake their heads.

“I guess some things never change.” Minah chuckles. Everyone but Luna nods in agreement. She looks around the restaurant but everyone had already returned to whatever they were doing, as if not at all fazed by the amount of noise coming from the kitchen.

Not soon after, Yesung emerged from the kitchen with a huge pout on his face. When he lifts his head to scan the room he notices Luna, who looks back at him. Luna smiles at him while he stands, frozen in place. After a few seconds he turns back around and escapes into the kitchen.

 

“GET! OUT!” came Ryeowook’s scream again. Yesung could only awkwardly walk back out into the restaurant.

 

“Hyung you have got to stop being such a klutz. Wookie may just faint of frustration one of these days.” Sungmin says as he walks over to give his friend a comforting pat on the back.

 

“Hello Yesung Oppa. Long time no see.” Luna musters up the courage to approach Yesung first.

Yesung looks up slowly and meets eyes with Luna again. He stays like that for a while, making Luna think he’s going to run away again. This time, however, he smiles softly at her.

“It has been a while Princess.” Yesung says softly. Luna smiles at the reply.

 

Seeing the interaction between the two Sungmin slowly slips away to give them some time alone. But when one goes another comes.

“Omg you actually greeted her this time!” Amber interrupts. Seeing that, Sohee looks at Henli and throws her head towards the direction to the street. Henry just looks at his sister and blinks, raising his hands in a shrug. Sohee facpalms herself as she motions to her older brother to tell Henli to drag Amber away. Sungmin understands straight away and whispers to Henry. Henry’s mouth forms an O when he finally understands and gives his sister two thumbs up.

 

“Amber!! Let’s go horse riding! You promised you’ll take me horse riding!!” Henli says as he starts to drag Amber out the restaurant.

“Wait I just got here! Yah!” Amber tries to resist.

“Pleaseeeee. I’m upset. Can we go horse riding to cheer me up?” Henli pleads with his puppy eyes.

Amber stares suspiciously at him for a while before she gives in.

“Fine. Promised I’ll go see Arnie anyways.” Amber sighs in defeat. “You’ll be ok right unnie?”

Luna turns around and ponders for a moment before she nods.

“It’s ok Ams, I’ll make sure she gets back safe.” Suzy reassured her sister.

“Okay okay. Hey! You coming or not?” Amber called out to Henli who was just standing there.

“Oh yeah… let’s go!” Henli snaps out of it and follows Amber out, not before giving his sister a cheeky wink.

 

Sohee shakes her head at her brother’s silliness. She looks across the room to her older brother and Suzy again and motions to them to try and get Yesung and Luna out of the restaurant. Getting the message, the couple gives Sohee an OK sign. Oblivious of their plan, the two shy people were still standing near the kitchen door and having a way too polite chat.

 

“Yesung oppa, isn’t it time for you to go to choir practice?” Sohee interrupts them.

“Oh yeah…. It was nice to see you again Princess but I’ve got to go. I’ll see you some other time.” Yesung said.

“You do choir practice oppa?” Suzy asked in amazement.

“Yeah, it’s a hobby of mine. Can’t just keep locked up in that kitchen all my life.” Yesung joked.

“Omg that’s perfect! You should take Luna unnie to have a look. She loves singing too! But she never has a chance to show her talent.” Suzy exclaims.

 

Both of them looked unsure. Yesung unsure if he could handle the nerves while he’s around her. Luna unsure about going out with a guy for the first time.

 

“Just go Luna, go and explore this beautiful town! We’ll be here when you get back. I’ll explain to your umma that I took you shopping with me when we get back to the palace.” Minah smiled at the girl encouragingly.

 

Luna gave Minah a grateful smile then turned to Yesung. “Can I come with you oppa?” She asked shyly.

“You’re most welcomed to.” Yesung could barely contain his happiness as his eyes disappeared behind his smile.

“This way Princess.” He gestured with his arms stretched towards the street. The duo walked out of the restaurant and unknown to them, Sohee and Suzy did a quick air high-5 to celebrate their successful plan.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally updating RC again!

If you're reading my other fic Solo Day, you'll know that I will be updating both stories alternately from now on.

And we have a new couple in the making!

How is this story going to go??

Thanks for reading

~~~(^__^)~~~