3. The Hostile Prince and The Gentle Maiden

Royal Court

 

The Hostile Prince and The Gentle Maiden

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was a typical day at the Kim restaurant, business was blooming. Everyone was busy doing something; Hyoyeon was tending to the customers, Yesung was busy cooking, Ryeowook darting in and out of the kitchen helping both Hyoyeon and Yesung. Yesung was banned from leaving the kitchen; not only because he was a magnificent cook, but because he was so clumsy dropping plates, spilling drinks on customers, tripping over tables and chairs ~ It’s a wonder how he ever learned to cook so well... The restaurant was famous for its homely feel and it gets very busy around lunch times. Luckily their friends would come and help if they were free. Today Sohee and Minah had come to lend a hand. It was the end of the lunch time rush and the restaurant was much quieter.

However this peace wasn’t going to last long.

 

“HYOYEON!!!” The twin princes burst open the doors and ran in excitedly, Amber and Iyu following close behind. 

“Hiii!! How’re you doing ~ haven’t seen you for a long time!!” Eunhyuk said loudly waving his hands.

“Hello ^_^” Hyoyeon smiled waving back thinking, you just saw me yesterday Hyukie... aish ^_^

Yesung and Wookie popped their heads around the door to see what all the commotion was about.

“Yesung Hyung!! Wookie!! Annyeong!!” the twins chanted in unison.

“Here for food again? What’s it going to be today?” Yesung smiled

“As always, surprise us hyung!” Donghae piped up.

 

Amber and Iyu had disappeared off with the other girls. They had recently gotten very close due to the princes outings so it was only natural they got along. They all sat around their table and began chatting away.

“ So Minah , the big day is coming ~ you excited??” Amber grinned at Minah. She blushed a dark red and looked down.

“Aww just look at her - and to think you managed to melt the iciest of Princes~” Iyu giggled. Minah pouted.

“He’s not icy! He’s far from it!” She said frowning.

“Well to you he isn’t, seriously I was so shocked that night he proposed to you, to think you kept this a secret for more than year...” Sohee wondered.

“I know! ~ now tell us how did you meet?” Amber leaned forward grinning. Minah hesitated to find the twins and Wookie slightly bent over their little huddle staring intensely at her.

Sohee scowled “Yah! What are you three doing eaves dropping?!” She shouted. The boys jumped back in fright.

“It’s not really a great place to be talking about these things ~ shall we leave it till the pre-wedding party?” Hyoyeon smiled.

“Party??” Amber raised her eyebrow slightly.

“Yeah! The pre-wedding sleepover ~ you two should come too! ~ Ria Unnie from the embassy is coming too ~ we’ll spend the night pampering Minah so that she’s all ready for the big day!” Sohee chimed clinging onto Minah.

“ That sounds fun ^_^” Iyu clapped her hands excitedly

“Yeah ~” Amber whispered, “It’ll be great to get away from these jerks for once.”

The twins shouted angrily “YAH! We heard that!”

And as per usual the daily fight started ~ the rest of them had already gotten so used to it that they just ignore them altogether…

 

Party night

 

It was the night before the wedding and Hyoyeon, Sohee, Amber, Iyu and Ria are all at Minah’s house. Zhou Mi oppa went to spend the night with Yesung and Wookie since he didn’t really fit in with the girls and they preferred it since they could pretty much do what they wanted ~ not that they went very wild or anything. Everyone was having fun ~ Ria and Iyu were expert nail painters and offered to paint their nails ~ Minah got a beautiful white and pink combination which showed her purity and since Hyoyeon and Sohee were the maid of honours they got matching white and yellow nails. The other girls chose a pale lilac but when it got to Amber she refused to put such a ‘girly’ colour on. As a result the other girls jumped on her and trapped her so that Iyu and Ria could paint them ~ by force. They decided to carry on sitting on her and press her hand down until her nails dried so that she wouldn’t be able to rub them off. Amber struggled for a bit but seeing as they didn’t budge she just gave up.

 

After a few minutes of silence Sohee suddenly asked, “So Bride-to- be, how DID you meet this Prince Charming of yours??” That was a good question. Although they had been asking her since the proposal she always seems to be able to find a way out of it, but Sohee wasn’t going to let this go this time round.  Minah let out a deep sigh and swore them to secrecy before starting her story.

 

The first time I meet Seunghyun was two years ago. I was taking a stroll around the fields outside of town and I found him lying unconscious on the floor near the lake. I was really scared because there were cuts and bruises all over him and I didn’t know how to react. He suddenly got up and as I was still panicking about what to do he walked the opposite direction of town. I didn’t know why but I decided to follow him. He was stumbling all over the place and seemed like he was going to fall any second. He found an old cottage and just crashed there. I decided to go find some help but as I was about to leave he suddenly spoke and told me not to tell anyone about what happened to him. I couldn’t break my promise, he was a prince! So I told no-one and went back every day with food and medicine. Sometimes I left it there for him, other times I helped him with it. And we began to talk more, although he didn’t tell me what got him in this mess in the first place. After a week and a bit, I found that the cottage was empty. He had gotten better so there was no need for him to stay of course. But part of me really hurt, we had managed to get on really well over that short period of time, but he had left without saying a word...

 

Meanwhile the Groom and his party…

 

“I didn’t think much of it, she was a commoner and I was a Prince ~ it was just natural that the Royal family should be well looked after and protected” Seunghyun said.

 

His party had also forced him to spill ~~ Not everyone was there ~ Heechul never liked these gatherings and Minho shared the same attitude as his father, but his other brothers were there to share his happiness with him. Seunghyun’s not the type to give in to peer pressure but he really couldn’t say no to his Teukie Hyung ~ the eldest Prince who always flowed with an air of authority.

 

“I returned to the palace and life carried on as if I wasn’t there. But for some kind of reason I couldn’t get Minah out of my mind. I was going crazy. It got to a point when I just couldn’t take it anymore, so I decided to look for her. It didn’t take me that long actually. She was in the restaurant with your...friends” Seunghyun continued, looking at the twins. They nodded enthusiastically.

“She looked so happy... so I thought maybe I was being stupid. I only knew her for a week or so and she probably forgot me. But when she turned and saw me staring...at that moment... when our eyes met...” The others looked at him excitedly. 

 

“Something clicked, for the both of us.” He smiled softly, “But we couldn’t just get together like that could I. Dad has always hated commoners, and to hear that his son, one of the potential heirs to the throne, is in love with a commoner...he would have killed us. Literally!” Changmin nodded in agreement.

“So I asked Minnie to help me. He reads romantic novels all the time,” the others looked at him with wide eyes, I just laughed as our Minnie turned dark red.

“What! They’re good books!” He complained.

“Anyway, I couldn’t tell Minho, he would just tell dad. So Changmin and I planned just little events to get us together in secret so no-one would know...”

 

Back with the girls ~

 

Minah went into a sort of trance as she went on to talk about how she fell in love with him. The girls were so happy for her. She looked so happy, Sohee looked happy and Amber looked like she was going to puke, it was really hard for her to imagine the cool brother she had known all her life to be so mushy.

 

“The moment I looked into his eyes, he looked so handsome. My heart stopped and my breath was taken away. He signalled to meet him outside so I snuck out. He told me to meet him that night, at the hill just beyond the old church. I was so excited. So I went to meet him and it was beautiful. There were little candles lit around the hill and he was waiting there, holding a single rose. The stars were looking down at us and the moon was full. My heart fluttered. I didn’t know what to say. My eyes welled up. He smiled, whispered Saranghae and kissed me deeply.” She put her fingers to her lips and blushed ^_^. Everyone awwwwwed at the same time, even Amber although with a shiver!

 IT WAS SO CUTE!

“And that was how we fell in love~”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry it's a bit late ~ hehe forgot last night XD

Thank you for reading!! and thank you to my 2 subscribers =D