12. The Loner

Royal Court

The Loner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~~Sungmin POV~~~

“Good morning Park Sunsaengnim” The kids chortled respectfully as said teacher walked into class.

Suzy beamed at the sight and greeted back confidently, “Good morning children, right today I will be taking Kim Sunsaengnim’s class”

It’s been two months since Suzy started her new journey to find what she was supposed to do in society. She has grown a lot since I first met her ~ the useless spoilt brat that knew nothing and ran around creating havoc. Now she’s probably the best liked teacher in the whole school ~ well not quite teacher yet but she’s getting there.  But to be a fully fledged teacher she still needs to work hard to get her qualifications. All the teachers are working hard with her to help her achieve the best results.

“Not bad not bad~ already getting into character I see!” I clapped from the corner of the room. I had been watching her lesson and she worked hard. The kids had gone to play so it was just the two of us. Suzy blushed at my comment but there was a sense of pride on her face.

“Why of course , I didn’t do all that work for nothing you know ~” She bowed slightly.

“And I’m sure none of that effort will be in vain” I smiled slightly and she returned the smile brightly. “So how was your first lesson?” I asked trying to avoid her eyesight.

“It was amazing! They all listened to me and were so polite and hard working! I’ve seen it so many times when sitting in on lessons but to be treated like a teacher myself (sigh) it gave me such an feeling of accomplishment! ~ I really understand what you are protecting now ~ it’s hope ~ the hope that you can see in those children in front of you, the hope of their future, the hope of the whole Kingdom’s future.”

I listened to her contently; genuinely surprised at all she had to say. She’s the first one who’s ever seen it like I have, it’s not for the benefit of the kingdom or any economic prospects as some people think children are for. It’s the hope they bring, the pure flame shining inside each and every single one of them. As I watched her she seemed to glow brighter and brighter with every word she said.

But... then she started to babble on a bit so I decided to interrupt her.

“Arasso arasso ~ well it’s lunch time lets grab some lunch~” I signalled to her. She nodded enthusiastically.

“Ah food!” She began packing her stuff quickly and as orderly as possible. “Gosh teaching takes so much energy from you”, she said as she picked up her bag, “Let’s go!” She grinned and walked off with spring in her step. How sweet~ I smiled. She was turning into one of the kids!

On our way back to the staff room I couldn’t help notice a scrawny looking boy in the corner of the playground all by himself. Im Chul Hwa ~ I really do worry about that boy ~ he’s probably the only child in the entire school who I always find alone.

“You carry on I have to something to do~”, I told Suzy. She nodded and skipped off to the staff room. 

I approached a young boy in the same class as Chulhwa to see why he was alone. Maybe they would know something...

“Lee Sunsaengnim Annyeonghaseyo” Sangwoo, one of the children he used to sit next to greeted brightly. I had asked him before to see if he would talk to his classmate.

“Annyeong ^_^ so could you get him to talk to you?” I whispered.

“Sorry Sunsaengnim but he just ignored me ~ when I kept asking him he just moved away from me to where he is now ~ he’s been like that since he came ~ anyone who tries to approach him he just moves away ~ no one likes the atmosphere around him it’s always so sad...” Sangwoo said disappointedly. Ah...no luck. I smiled at him and patted his head.

“ It’s ok ~ thanks for trying though” I smiled at him , appreciating his efforts.

The boy smiled back.

Later on in the day, the bell was about to go at the end of my history class and it signalled the end of the day. Luckily I was teaching Chulhwa’s class ~ this could be my chance to get him to open up.

 “Ok ~ that’s it for today’s class – your homework is to make a timeline of the events we discussed today ~ you have 3 days to do this, I expect to see some pretty charts” I said loudly. The kids were excited to go home and were putting all their things away. It had been a long day.

“Neh Sunsaengnim – Annyeonghigeseyo!” They chortled happily~

“Neh annyeong” I dismissed them~

The moment I dismissed them they all ran out of the classroom like a stampede. Except for the one boy who stayed back and waited for the crowd to disappear before moving.

“Chulhwa can we have a talk?” He turned and stared at me with huge eyes. He didn’t move, I took it as a sign that he was saying yes.

“Well how are you fitting in at school? ~ you’ve been here for a few months now ~ I’ve noticed you’re history work has been improving, what about other subjects?” I asked gently sitting on the table opposite him.

“Ok I guess…” The boy replied looking down at his desk.

“Which subject do you like best?” I asked gently again, trying to coax him into talking more.

“Maths…” He mumbled.

“So you like numbers?”

“ I guess...” He looked nervously at the clock, then at the door, then at his desk again. I sighed softly. This wasn’t going to work. 

“Ok ~ I won’t keep you ~ see you tomorrow” I smiled at him gently. He proceeded to get his things and moved hurriedly out of the room.

I watched as he walked out my classroom, head dipped low without a trace of confidence in him at all. What am I going to do with this boy..?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in school ~~

This story is all over the place ~ I often question why I made so many story lines in the first place XD

I was also thinking Sungmin owns the school... but I've never actually thought of him as the head master ~ does that make sense?

well anyways thanks for reading 

~~~(^__^)~~~