4. Broken Traditions

Royal Court

 


Broken Traditions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was finally the wedding day and seeing that it was the first of its kind it caused a lot of commotion. However the ceremony itself was held secretly among family and friends at the royal chapel. It was decorated with beautiful white and silver decorations, simple and pure. Seunghyun who was dressed in a silver tail-coat suit had a radiant smile on, the best smile that anyone (apart from Minah) has ever seen from him and probably will ever see. He stood patiently at the altar as he awaited the entrance of the woman he will share the rest of his life with. As soon as the choir started everyone stood and turned towards the entrance. 

 

Minah, dressed in her beautiful silver white gown, made personally by her beloved brother (the town’s best tailor), shone like an angel. Zhou Mi beamed brightly as he led his sister down the aisle. He was so proud of this moment and wished their parents were still around to witness this beautiful event. As he handed his sister over, no words were needed, one look into Seunghyun’s eyes and he was sure his sister is in good hands. The pastor talked to the crowd enthusiastically and went through the procedure. Minah was nervous but Seunghyun held her hand supportively.

 

“Do you, Park Seunghyun, take Zhou Minah to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do you part.”

“I do,” Seunghyun smiled.

 

“And do you, Zhou Minah, take Park Seunghyun to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do you part.”

“I do~” She blushed.

 

The Pastor beamed happily, “And Now by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride!” Seunghyun grinned and kissed her deeply. 

 

The audience cheered loudly, the church bells chimed and music played. As they walked down the aisle, women were weeping with happiness especially the queen; children were throwing confetti in the air. It was a sight to behold.

 

It was only after that, that the whole town had a massive party in the fields near the lake. Everyone was having fun; even the servants of the court took it in turns to take part in the party and their duties. It was definitely a day to remember and what this historical event will lead to is still brewing under covered pots.

 

 

~~~Hyoyeon’s POV~~~

 

Oh no... those hyper voices.. it could only be one duo...

 

“HYOYEON!!!!!” yup ~ I could tell it was them from miles away ^_^

As usual the Princes have come to get their daily dose of what they like to call “therapy” ~ i.e food that actually feeds their hyper-ness and lets them regain their energy to go crazy again. Only Amber was with them today, I guess Iyu wanted to take a rest from all this hyperness, it really doesn’t match with her personality yet she is still able to go along with it with such ease.

 

As I was about to ask them what they wanted to eat, I noticed a slight change in their gaze. Instead of sitting down they leaned over the table that separated us and showed me the biggest pairs of puppy eyes I have ever seen.

“Play with us!” Eunhae pleaded. It’s their new nickname, you can’t have one without the other.

“But I have to work” I whined back.

“Aww.. come on!!” Donghae whined.

“Bu..”

“There’s no one here!!” Eunhyuk butted in.

“…”

 

“Aww go on Hyoyeon ~ its already past lunch rush hour ~ no one’s gonna be here for a while” I looked at Ryeowook-oppa for some sympathy~

“Yeah! ~ what Wookie said!”

I just scowled  “…”

Then out of nowhere Yesung oppa adds, “Boys just take her ~ but make sure you return her by dinner time!”    omg!!! Oppa!.

“ARASSO!”

 

Without even stopping to consider my decision Donghae dragged me by the wrists while Eunhyuk pushed me out of the shop. Amber just followed with a smirk on her face.

I couldn’t believe this was happening to me … WTH! Where did my human rights go!

“Oppaaaaaaaa!!! ~”

“You can thank us later ^_^” Yesung oppa shouted back waving a knife around.

“BE CAREFUL WITH THAT KNIFE!” Ryeowook oppa screamed from behind me.... it's gonna be a mess when I go back....

 

We decided to play by the lake team HyoHyuk V AmHae. To the ultimate showdown....actually the loser had to get food but to them it was all about honour! The aim of the game was to get as many points as possible without the other team catching you. It’s fairly simple; touch a member of the opposite team to get a point and run back to your partner without getting tackled to the floor and being squished. I wasn’t really that wild but then when I nearly broke my neck I gave up on being nice ~ fierceness is what gets you around in life!... but .... we still lost. So Eunhyuk and I were forced to go to the shops.

 

“Ahh that was a good game ~ it’s been a while since I could play that wildly” Eunhyuk grinned stretching happily.

“Why’s that?” I don’t know why I asked, I think I already know the answer anyways.

“Well usually Iyu is with us...” he said scratching his head gently.

“Ahh..” ~ just as I thought.

“Yeah exactly ~ I’m the better player out of all of us ...” he chuckled softly.

Yahhhh what’s with this kid?, Egoistic much… 

“So naturally I would get paired with Iyu to make it fairer, and usually I have to watch out in case we hurt her ~ as you can see we get a bit crazy” he laughed.

“A bit? Are you sure?” I raised my eyebrow.

“What?! It’s fun! ~ come on don’t tell me you didn’t have fun” he grinned.

“Well that’s the first I’ve really played so wildly ~ you guys are really full of energy” I stretched a little... so sore.

“ Yeah ~ Hae and Amber are probably still burning some energy now by fighting again” he grinned his gummy smile. He looks so cute and happy. They must be really really close.

 

Before we knew it we got to the shop.

“ANNYEONGHASEYO!!” Eunhyuk threw his arms out and chimed happily.

“Prince Hyukie! ~ the usual I guess ?” the shop Ahjumma smiled.

“Ne Ahjumma! ~ and a bit extra for Hyoyeon here” he pointed over at me.

“Hyoyeon ah! ~ how are you? Is the restaurant well? You’re brothers well?” Ahjumma came over with her arms spread out, I smiled happily.

“ Ne Ahjumma ^_^ ~ and you’re family?” I said, giving her a warm hug.

“We are fine dear ^_^” she smiled patting my hand.

 

I looked over at Eunhyuk. He was stunned and confused, pointing and trying to make sense of it all. We couldn’t stop giggling.

“Me and Hyoyeon’s umma are good friends ~ I watched this girl grow up you know”

ahhhhhhhh~ the penny dropped for Eunhyuk. He made this really cute oooooooooh face to show his understanding.

 

So after a brief reunion we bought the food, Eunhyuk instantly grabbed his strawberry milk and started drinking it like a little kid ~ he really doesn’t seem like a prince who grew up in the palace ~ he seems so innocent and oblivious to all the rivalry lurking in the background ~ I mean even us commoners have heard so many rumours. He really does have a heart of gold…

 

Back at the field, what else did we find but Amber and Donghae fighting with each other.

“GUYS!! ~ food…” I lured them by waving the basket. The two froze in their position at the word, Amber twisting Donghae’s arm behind his back whilst he poked her with his feet trying to break the lock...it was seriously weird. They broke off instantly, tripping over the other pushing out of the way, trying to grab the basket. Donghae managed to grab it first and ran off with it, Eunhyuk and Amber tackling him to the floor. They ate like a pack of hyenas occasionally squabbling, but I can truly say I hadn’t laughed like that in a looooong time.

 

We made our way back to restaurant just in time for the dinner rush. As we walked in, Ryeowook oppa was balancing plates on his head if he could and Henli was cleaning another one of Yesung oppas trying-to-be-helpful-but-failing-epically-disasters. By instinct I grabbed half of Ryeowook oppa’s plates and was on my way. I grinned at the guys.

“Thanks for the fun day guys ~but I have some duties to tend to”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Not much happened in this chapter ~ just some background fluffiness ^_^

but on a sad note ~ Yesungie is enlisting on Monday :( uuuuuu it's so sad T_T but we'll wait for him right? ^^

We'll wait for all of them! *ELF*