23. Painful Revelations

Royal Court

Painful Revelations

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few weeks since Prince Donghae and Eunhyuk had announced their relationships with Iyu and Hyoyeon. The two couples were… sort of happy…

“Aigoo,” Hyoyeon huffed as she sat on one of the tables. It was the end of a long shift. Donghae sat on the chair next to her resting his chin on the end on the mop. Even though they weren’t really going out, Donghae still helped Hyoyeon at the restaurant every day. He liked spending time with her, but they didn’t “like” like each other as Amber would put it. It also gave him a chance to get away from Eunhyuk and Iyu.

Donghae looked up and questioned, “What’s wrong?”

“Look who’s coming~” Hyoyeon smiled. Donghae straightened up and peered behind him.

“Heeeey!” Eunhyuk chortled as he bounced into the restaurant. Iyu smiled and waved from behind him. “So we were thinking, now that you’ve finished for today how about we go on a double date! We haven’t been out together yet~” He said with a big gummy smile, eagerly leaning across the table that separated him from the HaeHyo couple. DOnghae shrugged and kept his eyes fixed on Hyoyeon. Unsure of what to do Hyoyeon also shrugged and looked back at him.

“I guess..?” He said, unsure of the answer.

“Excellent! How about a picnic tonight? The weather is going to be really clear so we should be able to see the stars!” Eunhyuk grinned. “Meet in the castle gardens?” Donghae nodded and watched as the other two left, hand in hand. 

“Oh great, what did I get us into?” He sighed. Hyoyeon laughed and patted his shoulder.

“It was bound to happen someday” Hyoyeon said as she jumped off the table. “I’ll go get changed. Meet you at the castle gates?” Donghae nodded, handed over the mop and left the restaurant.

 

 

 

“Hae! Hyoyeonie!” Iyu called from the other side of the garden. “Over here!” She waved.  Holding each other’s hands, Donghae and Hyoyeon proceeded over to a massive blanket with a picnic laid out.

“Wow.” Hyoyeon smiled and sat opposite Eunhyuk whilst Donghae sat opposite Iyu.

“Iyu you look really pretty.” Donghae said in an almost inaudible whisper.

“Uwah Hyoyeon you look really… good.” Eunhyuk said trying not to sound too weird. She blushed at the compliment. Iyu looked at Eunhyuk and looked back at Donghae.

“We’ve prepared a picnic but erm we need some more snacks I think” Iyu said looking at Donghae,

“Ehhh, oh yeah we might not have enough.” Eunhyuk said scratching his head. “Who wants to get them?” Everyone offered at the same time… “Aigoo, kaui-baui-bo?”  Hyoyeon suggested and everyone got their fists out ready for the game.

 

KAUI.

BAUI.

BO.

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon got scissors whilst Iyu and Donghae got rock. “Another game?” Eunhyuk offered.

“We’ll be here all night if we did, you two go ^^” Iyu rushed him. Eunhyuk nodded.

 

As soon as the two were out of sight the atmosphere became tense and awkward.

“It’s been a while.” Iyu said quietly looking up at the stars.

“Huh?” Hae said, staring in Iyu’s direction but not quite looking at her. Iyu looked over at him.

“It’s been a while, just the two of us.” She said quietly. Donghae’s heart pounded. It was at times like this when he wanted to be more like Heechul-hyung, when his heart didn’t move. But once again, he fell for Iyu’s charm.

“Erm… yeah I guess. How have you been?” He asked. She thought for a while before answering.

“I’ve been…. Ok. I suppose… Yourself?”

“Great… I guess… I’ve been working a lot at the restaurant.” He said sheepishly. Her eyes dropped.

“So really busy? Is that why you have been avoiding us?” She asked. Donghae couldn’t pinpoint her emotions… was she angry or upset? Or just curious?!

“I haven’t been avoiding you… I don’t think… Just been spending a lot of time with Hyoyeon.”, Donghae responded.

Iyu folded up and rested her head on her knees.

 

“Hyoyeon… do you love her?”, Iyu asked suddenly. Donghae was taken aback… He paused and chose his words carefully.

“Erm, Hyoyeon is a great girl, I like her a lot…” He stuttered. She looked at him seriously.

“Really?” Iyu whispered. Donghae was taken aback… again.

“Do you really like her?” she questioned again. Donghae was unsure how to answer this. Donghae looked at her seriously but kept her head down and face hidden… “You’re lying...” she muffled into her knees.

He looked at her confused, “Huh?”

“I said you’re lying!” she exclaimed, lifting her head to meet Donghae’s eyes.

Donghae was frozen stiff, he had no idea how to react to this.

 

The air was frozen and the two just sat there staring at each other.

“I like you Donghae.” Iyu slowly confessed.

“Donghae?”

His brain reset. “Say it again.”

“I said. I like you Donghae. I’ve liked you for years…” That was all she needed to say.

 

Clang.  Bags fell to the floor and cans and packets rolled out of the bag.

 

“W-what?” A broken voice said behind them.

Donghae and Iyu turned around in surprise to find Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon standing frozen a few steps away from them, tears prickling Eunhyuk’s eyes.

“You… You’ve liked him… for years? So what was I? Just some sort of… play thing to get his attention?!” Eunhyuk choked out.

 

“N…No Hyukkie…” Iyu said startled. She instantly stood up and headed towards Eunhyuk.

“Stay away from me!” Eunhyuk shouted causing Iyu to be rooted to the spot.

“Hyuk, listen to me….” Donghae said whilst trying to approach his twin brother. But Eunhyuk bolted for it before he could get near him. Donghae didn’t know how to react to his brother’s hostile behaviour; it was something totally new to him.

 

Hyoyeon stared at the two frozen people for a moment with a sad expression playing on her face. Then she dashed off to chase after Eunhyuk.

“What have I done… I didn’t mean to… no… Eunhyuk…. Hyukkie…” Iyu muttered to herself as her knees buckled beneath her.  

Donghae stood rooted to his spot staring into the distance, in the direction his twin ran away from him, for the very first time since birth.

 

***

 

Hyoyeon chased after Eunhyuk… “Eunhyuk!” She panted. He didn’t stop. “Yah, oppa stop!” She shouted. Eunhyuk slowed down to a stop… Hyoyeon stopped and bent over to catch her breath. “Holy crap you run fast…” She panted.

 

“You knew didn’t you?” Eunhyuk said with a mix of sadness and anger. Hyoyeon stood up straight.

“I’m sorry Hyukkie oppa…” She whispered.

“Why did you follow me? Aren’t you supposed to be sticking close to Hae, especially with what happened back there?!” Eunhyuk turned to look at her. She shook her head.

 

“To be honest oppa… Donghae oppa and I were never really going out. Everyone put us together and we just went with the flow. We never were in love with each other.” Hyoyeon admitted uncomfortably, careful not to upset Eunhyuk anymore than he already is. Eunhyuk wiped his eyes.

 

“Great.” He said sarcastically. “Well that’s just great isn’t it. So you were all lying to me!  ALL THREE OF YOU!... I don’t want to see them… Ever. Again.” He shouted in their direction. Maybe he hoped they could hear him… but a little piece of him hoped they didn’t. His brother and his girlfriend… he didn’t know who had betrayed him more. He slumped to the floor and cried. Hyoyeon stayed with him the entire time. She didn't reach out to him just silently watched over him.

 

***

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe I forgot again XD

I have a tendency to remember one moment then totally forget the next ~

But omg I'm running out of chapters to post...

Seem to updating faster than I'm writing >__< aigoooo ~~

Thanks for reading ^_^

~~~(^__^)~~~