8. Love At First Sight

Royal Court

Love At First Sight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~~Luna POV~~~

It was another average day at the palace, being a princess is rather annoying sometimes. There are always maids following me around wherever I go as if I will get lost or hurt by myself. I’m not a child anymore, when will they ever get that?! But then again it’s probably Umma’s doing as well; she’s always convinced that someone will use me or Krystal to blackmail Heechul oppa therefore keeping us safe is keeping Heechul oppa safe. I’m used to this kind of discrimination from Umma now, Heechul oppa always comes first for her. Umma rarely ever let me or Krystal out, well never really. I’m so jealous of Amber, she always hangs out with the twinny oppas and goes out to the town practically every day. I wish I could go out ~ even just for a day.

 

I was sitting in the Royal classroom after my classes, I didn’t have anywhere else to go so I couldn’t be bothered to move. After about 15 minutes or so I heard some footsteps strolling in, someone clearly wasn’t happy to be where they are.

“Hmph! Why do I have to have these lessons! It’s not like I’m gonna be more like a Princess just because they try to brain wash me into it!” she exclaimed with extra emphasis on the word “Princess” in air quotes.

“It’s not like we have a choice though…” I replied, speaking to no one in particular and just staring blankly straight in front of me.

“… Luna.. unnie? Where are you?”

“In here..”

Amber came into view and smiled when she saw me, “Annyeong Unnie!”

“Hi Amber ^_^ ~ how have you been lately?” I said smiling back at her, she is a very dear dongsaeng, amongst one of the only ones I have other than Krystal who I can never find, Minho who I don’t really talk to and Suzy who’s free to roam the outside world.

“Ahh same old same old, not much has changed, but I would be a lot more happier if they will just let me stop coming to these classes!” she said slumping into the seat next to me.

“Haha ~ I doubt we will ever be set free from this jail until we get married ~ or die ~ whichever comes first” I joked

“Yah!! Unnie! When did you get so pessimistic?! No matter how bad things go, even I won’t think about death” Amber exclaimed.

“Well there’s not much for me to do is there ~ all the different topics I could think about soon disappears and there’s only death left to think about” I said in a deadpanned tone.

 

Amber just looked at me blankly, clearly unable to comprehend what I just said.

“..woah… I need to get you out of this prison right now!” she said springing out of her chair.

Now it was my turn to look at her in surprise, “huh?” I asked.

“Ok forget about my lesson, wasn’t going to actually come until I accidentally bumped into Umma anyways ~ come on let’s go!” she said will pulling me out of my seat.

 “Where are we going?” I half screamed.

“Into town!” she said with a very happy and determined expression.

“What?! I’m not allowed out! You know that!! Umma would kill me!” I shrieked at her as discreetly as possible.

“Ahh no one needs to know. It’s something we like to call sneaking out my dear Unnie. You’ll soon learn” she explained with a mischievous grin.

Part of me is telling me to stop before I get caught but a bigger part of me really really wants to go out, so I just let her pull me away with her.

 

Amber pulled me to her “Secret Portal”... Basically it was through the servants’ quarters. I hadn’t been there before... it was so busy, everyone was busy doing jobs; cleaning, cooking and complaining about Sulli or Krystal and didn’t even notice us going through.

“Aaaaaaaand WE’RE FREE!” Amber smiled and ran out her arms outstretched. “FREEDOOOOOM!” she grinned and winked. “Lets go!”

 

When we got out the first place she took me was to a restaurant called ‘Home of Kim’. There weren’t many people there, maybe that’s why she chose this place, less people would recognise us.

She was walking towards a guy sitting with his back facing us, seemingly in deep thought.

“YESUNG OPPA!” she screamed making the guy jump but still remain calm enough to turn around with a blank expression. One minute, wasn’t he that guy at the ball?...

“Princess how many times have I told you not to do that” he said, still with the same blank expression.

“And how many times have I told you I will not stop until you show me a shocked expression for a change!” she bit back.

He sighed and gave up. A few seconds later he noticed my presence and became stiff, stood up and bowed to me. “Ahh Princess Luna!”

“..wow.. change of expression.. I like it! ~ but you know each other?” Amber asked.

“We met at Appa’s birthday ball” I explained, still looking at the man in front of me.

Amber then turned her attention to Yesung, “And when did you get so formal? You were never like this with me and the twins..”

“..erm.. erm.. I’ll get you some drinks!” his ears turned a shade of pink as he stuttered and avoided the question. He disappeared behind the drinks counter busying himself with making us drinks.

“Ahh interesting..” Amber said looking at me and him in turn.

 

Bang! There was a loud smash of glass~

“HYUNG!! ~ who said you could touch the glasses?!” A boy ran out of the kitchen with the most horrified expression on his face.

“Annyeong Wookie Oppa!” Amber grinned and waved.

“Ahh~ hi Amber!” He waved “I was wondering where you were when the twins turned up this morning” Smiling at her happily.

“Ahh I got caught by my umma ~ otherwise I would be playing with them too” She folded her arms and pouted.

“And who do we have here?” The boy smiled at me with a wide grin

“Ahh this is my Unnie Luna”

“Nice to meet you Princess Luna ^^ I’m Kim Ryeowook, his younger brother and co-chef of this restaurant” He bowed still smiling and pointing to the guy who was now busy mopping up his mess.

“^_^ Nice to meet you” I curtsied back.

 

Another smash!

“HYUNG!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!” Ryeowook shouted hysterically flailing his arms about.

“I…I … don’t … know…” He ran back to the kitchen~ keke.. I giggled at the sight and could feel my cheeks go warm. Amber kept staring at the two of us, flicking between the two.

“What’s up with him? ~ that’s definitely a first…” Ryeowook’s eyebrow rose as he went to clear up the mess “anyways ~ drinks??” Ryeowook smiled walking to the bar.

“So he’s never reacted like that before?” Amber asked following him and sat in front of the counter  “Not that I remember.. here’s some juice since you never told me what you wanted. I’ll just go and check up on him.” Ryeowook said worriedly, running off to find Yesung. Amber span round and grinned.

 

“He likes you…~~~” She smirked.

“What?!...” I could feel myself blushing dark red. Amber grinned even more....

“You like him too…~~~” She teased excitedly... suddenly her grin stopped and she frowned “but one minute, you barely know each other.. how many times have you seen him before again?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Once…” I managed to say.

“And what happened that once…” she enquired

“We danced…”

“And…”

“We talked...”

“Annnnnnnd.....”

“He sang to me…” oh his voice ~ I can still remember it clearly.

“Wow.. I think I just saw what they call love at first sight...”Amber smirked sitting back in her chair leaning on the counter.

“You can’t tell anyone!” I snapped.

“Eh~why ??” Amber said in surprise.

“You know what my umma and oppa are like...” I trailed off....

“True…” Amber frowned.

Amber let it drop after that. I admit I do have quite good feelings towards Yesung but it’s impossible for me. Seunghyun oppa was lucky but then again he’s a prince with a strong will. I’m just a girl, I can’t do much… 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~(^__^)~~~