31.The First Family

Royal Court

The First Family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Where’s the little one then?” Leeteuk asks as he looks for the last member of his immediate family. The Queen, Prince Leeteuk, Prince Eunhyuk and Prince Donghae had gathered for a long awaited family meal. It was hard to get everyone together even if it’s just four members of the entire royal family.

 

“Wrecking havoc?” Eunhyuk suggested before getting a disapproving look from his mother.

“I’ll have you know my baby girl is now a highly respectable teacher.” The Queen said, defending her only daughter.

“Then she’s probably following Sungmin hyung around like a baby chick.” Donghae replied, earning a high five from his twin.

 

“Sungmin? Who is this Sungmin?” Leeteuk asked, surprised to hear his baby sister being associated with a member of the male species.

“History teacher at the school Suzy teaches at, also brother of Sohee noona. You know that girl who keeps getting on Heechul hyung’s nerves?” Eunhyuk explained.

“Ahhh. Is this brother as hot tempered as I’ve heard of the sister?” Leeteuk continued questioning as his protective mode switches on.

 

“Oh he’s a very pleasant boy; caring, responsible, enthusiastic young man. A true gentleman.” The Queen described fondly.

“Out of Suzy’s league if you ask me. Sungmin hyung is like ‘the’ perfect bachelor; knowledgable and well-read, polite and caring. Henry tells me he’s a good cook too. There is actually nothing he can’t do.” Eunhyuk added matter-of-factly.

 

“Well why don’t you date him then?” All four heads turned around at the sudden voice.

 “Don’t worry I’ll let Hyoyeon unnie know gently.” Standing at the door was Suzy with her arms crossed and a little boy peaking inside from behind her.

“I would if I was a girl… but don’t you dare say that to Hyoyeon!” Eunhyuk absentmindedly replied before rashly adding the last sentence.

 

Suzy rolled her eyes at her older brother before moving aside to reveal Chulhwa.

“Umma, Leeteuk oppa and twinny oppas, this is Chulhwa. Starting today he is officially a part of our family.” Suzy introduced while holding onto the boy’s hand.

 

The four stared at her with an expression of shock and confusion running through their eyes.

“I know you’re close to Chulhwa but not that close…” Donghae commented as he has often seen them walking home together and recently at the restaurant too.

 

“Well I have just completed the adoption process so I am now officially his guardian.” Suzy explained.

“You’re a mom?!” Leeteuk exclaimed.

“Well kind of..? but we’ll let Chulhwa decide what he wants to call me when the time comes.” Suzy says.

 

“Well… erm… I…” The Queen started, not quite sure what she wanted to say. “Are you sure you’re ready for this responsibility?”

“Yes! Totally! And Chulhwa’s a good boy, he won’t be difficult to raise.” Suzy replied immediately with enthusiasm.

 

There was a moment of silence while the family pondered on the situation. Suzy had already finished the paperwork so it’ll be really cruel to give the boy away again. It also seemed that the no longer youngest member of the family was really attached to the boy; and the boy to her as they watched him clinging close with both hands holding onto Suzy’s hand.

 

“Well I like the idea of having a nephew. But never in my life have I ever thought of the possibility of you becoming a parent before me.” Leeteuk commented, breaking the silence.

 

“Is that a yes then?” Suzy said with hope glittering in her eyes.

“Well… I don’t see a down side to this.” As soon as Leeteuk had finished Suzy ran across the room and hugged her brother from behind his chair, though never letting go of Chulhwa’s hand.

 

“OMG I love you oppa!!!” Suzy almost shouted out of happiness.

“Okay okay I love you too.” Leeteuk chuckled lightly.

 

Suzy then glanced up and looked at her mother. “Umma?”

 

The Queen had a soft expression on her face and it was hard to tell what she was thinking.

“Chulhwa come over here.” She beckoned the boy over. Chulhwa obeyed immediately and slowly shuffled over to the grand lady. When he reached her side, the Queen softly draped her arms around the boy’s small frame.

“Tell me about yourself. First how old are you?” she asked nicely.

“I’m 10” Chulhwa muttered softly, just about loud enough for the Queen to hear him.

“Well that makes Suzy only 10 years older than you. You sure she’ll make a good mum?” she asked again.

 

Chulhwa looked at the Queen then looked at Suzy wondering how to answer the question. After a few seconds, which felt like forever with everyone staring at him, he nodded his head. The Queen smiled sweetly at the shy boy before bringing him into a hug.

“Well that makes me granny doesn’t it?” The Queen stated with amusement. “Not from the child I expected it from but I’ll take it. God knows when your Uncle Leeteuk will give me a grandchild” she teasingly added while still facing Chulhwa as if they were having a little gossip session.

 

“Umma!” Leeteuk whined while the twins snickered in the background.

“What? You’re already 31, you should have been married by now. Look at Seunghyun, he’s a year younger than you as well!” The Queen carried on with her motherly nagging.

 

Chulhwa smiled lightly happy to be accepted. The Queen had just called herself his granny. She also said it was his Uncle Leeteuk. Chulhwa’s Uncle Leeteuk. And now he had Uncle Eunhyuk and Uncle Donghae too and many many more.  

 

“Minjoon please bring in a new set of cutlery and pull up a chair for our new young master of the palace.” Leeteuk said to the butler standing on the side, curtly avoiding commenting anymore on the topic.

 

“Haha hyung like that’s gonna work. As long as you and Sunye noona are still not married, umma will nag for the kingdom.” Eunhyuk commented.

 

With all the commotion Suzy was still holding onto her brother while she looked across the table smiling ever so sweetly at her mother. Her plan is now complete!

“Thank you umma, thank you oppa.” She said as she held onto her brother’s shoulder tighter.

 

“Hey what about us? we approved too!” Donghae chirped up after finally finding a chance to in.

 

“Like you two have any authority.” Suzy said sticking her tongue out at them. They feigned a hurt look while everyone else chuckled at their antics.

 

“Oh but Suzy you have to remember, although Chulhwa is now officially part of the family he still doesn’t hold any royal status. He will be known as young master for now and once he comes of age he will be given a chance to be knighted and formally addressed with status.” The Queen then said sternly.

 

“I understand umma.” Suzy replied.

 

The Queen nodded and just at the same time Minjoon came back with extra bowls.

“Place them here next to me Minjoon. I would like to have some quality time with my new grandson.” The Queen motioned happily as she smiled at the young boy who was quietly observing the adults’ conversation.

 

“Now Chulhwa you have a lot to learn about our family. You know there are a lot of rules here that is different from the outside world right?” The Queen told him.

 

Chulhwa nodded in response suddenly a bit tense from the talk of royal rules.

“Come to us and we’ll teach you how to break them.” Eunhyuk said sneakily with his hand covering his mouth.

“Now they are bad examples of Princes. I’m pretty sure you are much more well behaved than they are.” The Queen commented. Chulhwa could only watch with amusement as his princey uncles started gesturing to themselves and doing thumbs up signs as if trying to tempt him to their side.

 

“You’ll have your own teacher and you can ask him about anything. I’m sure he will have a lot of stories to tell you.” The Queen carried on ignoring her immature twins.

“I like stories.” Chulhwa said quietly, trying his hardest to engage in the conversation.

 

Suzy smiled at the scene and took a seat between Chulhwa and her eldest brother at the circular table.  The Queen continued to ask Chulhwa about himself and tell him about some interesting things in the palace. Chulhwa also slowly became more and more comfortable in the presence of the whole family. The four siblings caught up with each other after a long while but it didn’t take long before they were bickering again; mainly the twins and Suzy with Leeteuk trying to reason with them. But thanks to Chulhwa they were finally able to have this precious family moment which comes rare in the big, busy palace. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally Chulhwa is in safe hands! 

That concludes this arch of the story and the MinZy couple will happily develope their beautiful relationship ~

Who's next??

May not be able to update for a while ~ final 3 months of my degree and well I need to come out of this alive somehow ... 

Thanks for reading

~~~(^__^)~~~