21. Sweet Girl, Rude Girl

Royal Court

Sweet Girl, Rude Girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Geng Gege where are you going?”, Ria asked as she noticed her brother walking about the house collecting his things to head out.

“I need to go to the palace to discuss some political issues between our countries – now that the King has passed away we need to make sure our agreements still stand.” Hangeng replied as he checked his files and documents.

“How long will you take?”

“I don’t know – I might go give Heechul a visit while I’m there”

“Can I come?! – I want to go visit Minah”, Ria asked as she stood up to show her enthusiasm.

Hangeng looked at his sister for a while then smiled, “Hmm.. sure ~”

“Yay! Thanks Gege. Wait for me I’ll be 5 minutes!” she said as she walked out of the living room politely before sprinting to her room.

 

The Han siblings reached the palace in half an hour and they were not the only ones that decided to visit on that particular day. As they got off their carriage and made their way towards the palace a familiar voice could be heard from a distance; a familiar voice to Ria anyways. “Ria Unnie!, hey Unnie wait for me!” Ria looked back to traced the owner of the voice and found Sohee running towards her in quite an unladylike manner – making Ria giggle at her actions. Hangeng just looked at Sohee disapprovingly, which luckily Sohee didn’t see.

“I’ll leave you two alone ~ meet me here in 3 hours”, he said as he walked off towards the palace alone.

 

“Ok see you Gege!”, Ria said waving a goodbye to her brother before turning around to catch Sohee before she sprints any further.

“Woah slow down there you could hurt yourself!”

“Haha sorry Unnie ~ everyone says that to me but nothing serious has happened yet”, Sohee said cheerfully.

“Nothing… serious…” Ria mutters under her breathe wondering when something serious will happen.

“Anyways, here to visit Minah?”, Sohee asks.

Ria nodded in reply, “Thought I might come along since my brother was coming anyways”

“Well lets go in then!”, Sohee said as she dragged Ria along in a rather rash way. The guards were quite surprised at this as they have never seen this side of Sohee. She’s never this hyper when she comes to visit by herself.

The girls had a fun time together as they shared the latest news with each other ~ reminiscing on the passed and celebrating that to come especially since the recent events. It’s been about a month since the King passed away and the country seemed to have gotten back on its feet ~ however some of the elderly still insist on wearing black to show their respects.

Time passes quick when you’re having fun and before they knew it Ria needed to leave. She gave both girls a hug before excusing herself and made her way towards the palace gates to wait for her brother. Sohee also decided to make her way home a few minutes after Ria left as she had promised to help out at the restaurant that night.

 

Sohee was skipping along happily but as she turned a corner she was suddenly hit by a strong force which pushed her back and off her feet.

“I’m so sorry!”, she said while rubbing her forehead trying to stand back up. When she did she came face with the person she bumped into ~ Prince Heechul. Heechul took one look at her and his teeth in annoyance before pushing past her and carried on walking. Hangeng who was with him blinked at his friend, a bit confused at why he was being so rude. Despite being the cold person he was, Heechul was always a man of manners.

“An apology WOULD be nice”, Sohee exclaimed while trying to look like she was talking to no one in particular, obviously a bit offended that he was so rude although she kind of expected it. This made Heechul stop in his tracks for a few seconds but decided to ignore it and carried on his way.

“But of course an apology to a commoner would be AWFULLY below his standards.” Sohee continued taunting, making sure to be loud enough for said Prince to hear. 

Heechul turned around at this point and gave her a deathly glare. Then he relaxed and smirked at her saying, “You’re not even worth me stopping, count it as a privilege I’m even talking to you.”

He turned the corner after saying that and Hangeng followed him while still looking at the steaming Sohee. “You’ll pay for this!” she screamed at the top of her lungs and walked away.  

 

On the other side Ria was waiting patiently but there was no sign of her brother. Their carriage was still waiting for them so he hasn’t left without her. Maybe he lost track of time she thought, although unlikely as her brother was always known to be very organised. She decided to go for a stroll as all the waiting around was making her legs go to sleep. She walked into the little garden next to the palace and found Prince Siwon sitting on one of the benches holding onto what seemed to be a bible and a set of rosary beads. He seemed deep in prayer as he didn’t notice Ria approach him – Ria was still left unnoticed even when she sat down next to him.

 

“Dear Father God, I am forever thankful for your promise of guiding me always, not just when I am up and on track, but always. Today I lean hard on that and ask you to continue to show me the way to walk. Father, sometimes I feel like I’m walking a long harsh track…but you promise to meet my needs even there. Today I acknowledge I need you. I look to you to give me emotional strength… spiritual insight… and physical stamina. I just…don’t know what to do anymore… my family is depending on me and look to me for strength and support as they did with my father~ I don’t know how to guide my family~ I just…feel so hopeless. My father was a light in my life showing me what I should do ~ but now he is gone I feel lost… Please Lord, Guide me.”

 

After hearing this Ria reached out and held Siwon’s hand in hers. Siwon finally lifted his head then showing that he was crying. He froze upon seeing Ria in front of him but she just smiled gently at him and patted his hand saying, “It’s Ok, Siwon Oppa ~ everything will be Ok.”

Siwon could only smile at the motion, too stunned to do anything else. He had stopped crying as soon as he had started although a tear trail was still visible on his cheek. They stayed like that for a minute or so with Siwon staring lovingly at Ria and Ria holding his hand to comfort him. Siwon awoke from his trance when Ria finally let go of his hand and stood up. Siwon looked at her with a “where are you going?” expression.

“I should go meet my brother now ~ we should’ve met about half an hour ago but he didn’t show up~ maybe he’s waiting for me now” she said with a smile. “Don’t be sad by yourself again, I have a very good ear that likes to listen to people’s troubles, so come look for me if you feel alone. Bye bye oppa!”

With a final wave she walked off as Siwon stared after her amazed at this beautiful woman whose inner beauty shone out brighter than her fair appearance ever could.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting to introduce more characters ~

There's no end to these characters they just keep walking in XD

Thanks for reading ^_^

~~~(^__^)~~~