13. Amber's Adventures

Royal Court

Amber's Adventures 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~~Amber POV~~~

“Princess waitttttttt!”, screamed my maid Jini as I dashed around trying to avoid her. Aish, can’t they just leave me alone?!

“Please don’t do this ~ I will be at the end of Mistress Jung’s wrath again ~ please don’t do this to me again”, I ran even faster when I heard mum’s name. aw the maid is trying so hard... but I’m not giving up just yet!

I dived into the nearest cupboard and waited. I heard Jini’s voice get louder and closer. I held my breath and the footsteps faded away. The moment the coast was clear I zoomed out. I don’t want to stay here another second. I ran to the busiest place in the palace~ the kitchen! It was busy as usual ~ so much food!

“Morning princess ~ a bit late today” I turned around at the voice. The head chef was smirking at me. I scratched my head.

“Jini was really on her toes today~” I shrugged.

“Ahh ~ give that poor girl a rest sometimes will ya ~ you know how hard her job is being your maid ~ your mother does not easily let things go.” The head chef sighed. The mum word again! I ran out before he could say anymore.

“What’s wrong with being my maid? At least she doesn’t get hurt! ~ I always back her up”, I shouted as I ran out of the door.

“Give her a break princess ~ she has a faint heart!” He shouted back. Normally when the word mum or my mum’s name is mentioned doom happens.... whether she pops up out of nowhere...or I get caught by Jini! It’s full on a taboo!

Once outside I steadily hopped across the vegetable patch landing expertly in the usual bald patches created by me from all those years of sneaking out ~ a girls gotta have an escape route. I came across the horses and stopped to pat my mighty steed Arnie ~ don’t question the name! I was only 3 when I named him! ~ but he’s always been my faithful steed ~ only lets me ride him ~not even our top rider can handle him. He neighed happily at the sight of me and came expectantly ~ it’s been a few days since I’ve been riding he must’ve missed me ~ but not today so after promising Arnie that I’ll be back tomorrow I continued on my way into town. On my journeys I saw Kibum near the shadows, showing enough to recognise him but hidden enough to not show what he was doing. He always shows up like this every once in a while so I don’t question him ~ from what I hear from Sulli and Krystal he’s a weird one, well not that Krystal thinks that, she’s head over heels for him. He’s probably going down to the lake to collect some precious stones or something nerdy like that.

As I got into town I saw a big crowd around the fruit stall. Moving closer I find Sulli arguing with the fruit Ahjumma.

“Look at this stain! This is a new dress! I doubt even a month’s profit can pay for this!” Sulli stomped on the ground.

“Why you! Is this the way to speak to someone elder than you! You may be a lady and I respect you for it but this lack of manners is disgraceful! I pray for Sir Kang that he will be strong through this disgrace to his family name!”, the Ahjumma shouted at her. You tell her Ahjumma! She’s such a rotten brat!

“Disgrace to my family name?! I disgrace nothing!” Sulli said horrified.

Although it was the usual sight in town it never fails to amuse me how thick her skin is ~ or maybe she’s just too dunce to realise how wrong she actually is. Never the less I decided to skip this latest performance and carried on my way.

A few steps away from the crowd I come across Chief Kyuhyun.

“Morning princess”, He bowed slightly.

“Morning Chief! Usual routine?” I said cheerfully.

“Not really it’s not you this time” He smirked back.

“Haha very funny, but you and what army?” I grinned.

“Who else can handle that piece of work over there” He pointed at her royal bratness. I nodded sadly.

“Ahhhh~ very true ~well have fun ^^” I said cheerfully.

I walked off and left him to his job. I didn’t look back but I can clearly hear Sulli screaming at Kyuhyun to let her go while Kyuhyun totally ignoring her and apologising to the fruit ahjumma before dragging Sulli along with him. I like Kyuhyun. He’s not that bad once you get arrested a couple of times.

I came across the Lee academy and took a peak through the entrance. In the far corner I can see Suzy having fun with the children playing catch the chicks with Suzy as mother hen of course. This kid has grown a lot ~ Sulli should take a leaf out of Suzy’s book... and Krystal too.

I finally got to the Home of Kim and ran towards the rowdy bunch right in the middle of the restaurant. We know we’re bombarding a business from work being right smack bang in the middle but who cares! We like being loud! I realised the group were doing some congratulating and jumped in to find out what for.

“SO! What’s happened?” I joined in, not quite sure what I was applauding for.

“AMBER! took your time sis ~ your sneaking skills are deteriorating” The twins said in unison. Brothers...

“Doesn’t help when your maid’s seeking skills are improving either ~ so what’s happened?” I meronged.

I scanned the crowd to look for an answer and I find two blushing faces ~ Hyukie oppa and Iyu. Then they raised their joint hands to answer my question.

“REALLY!? Since when?!?!” I shouted. WHAT IS THIS?!

“Yesterday” Hyukkie Oppa said quietly.

“You never told me! You had all night! ~ it doesn’t take that long to get to my room!” Honestly, I’m hurt by this lack of communication. He shall be punished in due course. Iyu blushed really red.

“He didn’t even tell me until we met up with Iyu this morning!” Aw, Hae Oppa was sad. I shook my head.

“That calls for a punishment for not telling your closest dongsaengs!” I grabbed Hyuk Oppa by his collar.

Henli’s eyes shone with delight at the word punishment and started messing with anything that was mixable on the table. Hyukie was forced to down the contents which from what I could see included – soy sauce, vinegar, salt, garlic, lemon… as the punishment was being carried out I couldn’t help notice that Hyoyeon and Donghae didn’t look like they used to ~ something was not quite right about their smiles, especially their eyes.

After successfully making Hyukie oppa throw up (he had Iyu to comfort him ~ he was fine!) and being loud we were finally kicked out when dinner rush hour was about to start. Before heading home I went to look for Oppa as my defence against Umma. My best luck was the café opposite from Zhou Mi Oppa’s tailor shop. He loves his coffee so if he’s not there then I’m done for. I spotted him from a mile away sitting on the balcony upstairs staring into space. I decided to sneak up behind him, Siwon Oppa gives the best reactions. EVER. Seriously.

When I got behind him I followed his vision and found him staring at the tailor shop. Being his precious dongsaeng ~  he won’t blame me for doing this…

“BOO!” I shouted jumping and pressing on his shoulders... keke

“Uwahhh!” He jumped and arms and legs went fraying everywhere before almost falling of his seat. PUAHAHAHAHA. Ah told you so.

“Caught ya!” I steadied the chair before it goes off its feet, I don’t like hurting oppa...too much.

He turned around, eyes wide open and eyebrows all up “Amber!!!”

“PUAHAHAHAHAHHA, your eyebrows are the best!”, his eyebrows actually crack me up every time.

“This’ll teach you” Oh no.... before I knew it he had me in a headlock and was nudging my head...owowowow, “Who do you not mess with??”

“No one! “ I said proudly! You will never make me say it oppa!

“What’s that?” He nudged harder.

“Ahhhhhhhhh!! Siwon oppa~ Siwon Oppa!!!!”, Ok... so this time my spirit wasn’t as strong as it should be.

“Good answer” He said finally releasing me, now my hair is a mess.  “So what do you want gremlin?”

“It’s dinner time ~ I’ve come to you home ^_^”, I said cutely. I tried my sweet dongsaeng mode.

“What a pleasure ~ but I’m afraid I won’t be able to take it up”, he smiled mockingly. Fail.

“Ahh you know why I’m here! Please oppa ~ let’s go ~ pweesh~~”, UNLEASH THE AEGYO! I tried my best to use as much aegyo as I could muster – it’s hard being this guy’s sister.

He checked his pocket watch and sighed. “Fine ~ let’s go”

“Yay! Hooray for Siwon oppa!” I said happily~

We both headed out the cafe happily chatting like we always do ~ we could give the twins a run for their money when it comes to the best royal siblings.

“You know Arnie really misses you ~ you’ve been running around too much lately ~ he’s feeling really neglected” Siwon said worriedly.

“I know ~ I promised to give my whole day to him tomorrow ~ want to join? We haven’t ridden together for a while~” I asked~

“Sure why not ^_^” he replied with a smile. If you listen closely... that was the sound of women fainting...

When we turned around the corner, I looked back onto the street and saw Ria Unnie walk out of the tailor shop. I wonder what she’s doing there… 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bit of background story to catch up on everyone

Sorry this is a bit late ~ I totally forgot XD

Thanks for reading 

~~~(^__^)~~~