14. Love Square

Royal Court

Love Square

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~~Donghae POV~~~

I woke up to the sound of someone running into my room and calling for me to get up. Being the sleepaholic I am, I really didn’t want to get up yet so I tried to ignore the person as best as I could. I relaxed after five minutes when silence filled my room once again and drifted back into sleep. But this peace was short lived when someone decided to jump on my bed. Before I knew it, I rolled of my bed landing face forward onto the hard marble floor. Now THAT hurt!

I stood up and turned around to face the culprit, “Yah!!!! You!!! ~ who do you think you are throwing me off my bed!!” I shouted pointing an accusing finger sleepily.

All I saw was Amber  sniggering at me.

“Why’d you come to me? Disturb Eunhyuk instead~” I said as I climbed back into bed, not really looking for an answer just wanting for her to go away.

“Ahh good idea,” She said as she scampered off out of my room and across the lounge. Mere seconds later she came running back shouting, “He’s not there”.

I woke up when I heard that. “What?! Where is he then?” I questioned, this was the first time he’s left without me.

“I bet he’s gone out with Iyu”, Amber said smirking. Hearing that made my heart do a slight flip, I was still not prepared for this.

“Well what am I gonna do now he’s found himself a girlfriend...” I muttered.

“Play with me! Let’s go!” Amber said happily pulling my arm. As much as I don’t mind my little sister... this was not the time.

“Yah where are you dragging me?” I complained.

“Out” She said plainly.

“Hey let me get changed first!” I tugged. Amber let go and ran out of the room shouting, “You have five minutes before I storm in there again! You better be wearing something!”

True to her word she stormed back in five minutes later to drag me out. I wasn’t really in the mood to be all hyper so just let her drag me where ever she was going which seemed like the usual place.

She finally let go of me when we were a street away from the restaurant and ran to her destination. I continued to drag my feet along the floor and hesitantly went in the same direction. When I reached the restaurant I just lingered outside looking at the warm crowd inside. They seemed to have left the couple together who were having a wonderful time by themselves. I’ve never seen Eunhyuk glow in this kind of light before, sure I’ve seen him happier than can be but this was a different kind of happy...if there is such a thing. And Iyu.. smiling radiantly as always… ~ Yah! Park Donghae what are you thinking! ~ that’s the closest person to you in the whole world and one of your best friends! Just let it go…

I put on a wide grin and bounced in with all the energy I could muster.

“BOO!” I jumped onto the happy couple making both of them jump out of their skin.

“Ahhh!!” They shouted in unison. They are even in synch.

“HA! That’s what you get for abandoning me and going on dates without my permission!” I poked my tongue out.

“Who said I had to get your permission?” Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow.

“Since you decided to stick to me from the beginning” I grinned.

“No no that’s wrong, I didn’t decide to do so – I was put there!” He said matter-of-factly wagging his finger at me. I pouted.

“You’re abandoning me now you’ve got a girlfriend!” I whined.

“Hyukie oppa! Look what you’ve done ~ there there Hae oppa” Iyu said worriedly.

“Your boyfriend’s being mean to me!” I leaned towards her staring at my brother. He stared in disbelief with his mouth wide open at the accusation.

Suddenly I heard a massive klang! near my head ~ a second later my pain receptors decided to work and I howled in pain. I turned around to find Sohee armed with a baking tray and without even giving me time to respond she just pulled me away. “Stop being a third wheel!” she whispered loudly.

So that’s what I’ve been degraded to now ~ a third wheel ~ just great. I lose the girl I like now I can’t even spend time with my twin and his new girlfriend.

Sohee grabbed me and pulled me to the other guys... this noona is mean.

“Aren’t they just so cute! Aww Eunhyuk’s gummy smile and Iyu’s blushed cheeks~” Ria smiled.

“I want a girlfriend too!” Henli whined.

“Who would want a little boy like you :P” Sohee poked him. Henli stuck his tongue out.

I looked over at Hyoyeon. She looked like she was in some sort of daydream, but I could tell she wasn’t happy.

“Are you ok?” I nudged her.

“Huh?.. oh yeah...” I noticed she was staring at the couple in particular trying to look at Eunhyuk but without being noticed. I looked too ~ my eyes locked with Iyu’s for a few seconds but she looked away. That was it. I couldn’t stand it any longer. Eunhyuk holding Iyu’s hand, whispering in her ear making her blush, sitting too close to her...

“Yah let’s get out of here... the atmosphere is suffocating!” I stood up quickly pulling Hyoyeon out of her daydream. If it carried on like this we would have gotten too depressed.

“Where are you going?” Eunhyuk asked looking up at us.

“Why should I tell you!?” I exploded. Everyone stared at me. I replayed that little moment in my head. I didn’t mean to sound angry... or did I? I felt confused. I was really annoyed... really sad. I was annoyed at Sohee for hitting me, Amber for dragging me here, Hyukie for abandoning me... and Iyu... for being with my brother... but I didn’t want to be angry at Iyu...

I looked at Iyu, her eyes showed concern but I could see something else… Too hurt I teared away from her eyes and stormed out with Hyoyeon following behind.

 “Hyung...HYUNG!” Henli ran up to me grabbing my shoulder. Amber was with him, both of them looking worried. I shook him off and carried on walking, Hyoyeon was rooted on the spot confused with what was happening.

“Are you ok?” Henli said worriedly. I didn’t answer him.

“YAH” Amber grabbed me, “Oppa, I know~.. I know you like Iyu”. My heart stopped. My eyes started to well up with tears when I heard her put it into words.

“WHA?!” Henli shouted. Amber hit him.

“Yeah STUPID.  And I know Hyoyeon likes Hyuk Oppa too.” Amber said gently holding onto my arm. Hyoyeon froze too when she heard, unable to lift her head up to look at us.

“WHAAAAA?!” Henli said even more shocked that before. Amber hit him again. I wiped my tears quickly before they would fall, curse me and my easy crying.

“But we can’t do anything about it now... leave them be” She said sadly.

I spun around angrily.“But he’s my twin! He should know that I like Iyu!” I shouted at her. Amber and Henli took a step back. Henli looked...rather scared but Amber just looked at me sadly.

“Yah. He’s a guy. Look at Henli. Just as clueless” She said, knocking Henli’s head to show her point. Henli nodded along although I don’t think he quite caught up with what she said. “And also what about you? You’re his twin too, how come you never realised he liked her?.” I realised the truth in her words. I was so angry that Eunhyuk betrayed me, thinking that he should think of me first, that I didn’t realised maybe I didn’t understand him as well as I thought, or thought about him for a change.

 “C’mon... just let it be” Amber grabbed my arm. “Let’s catch up with the others ne?” she said as she dragged Henli with her back into the restaurant.

“Hey! You just called me clueless!” I chuckled as I heard the boy complain. Took him a while to catch on but I guess boys really are clueless.

I composed myself and walked over to Hyoyeon and gave her hand a tight squeeze to let her know she wasn’t alone. She smiled gratefully at me and we walked back to the others, confronting our heartache while doing what we can for the sake of the people we love.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that I read back Hae's little outburst seems so random ...XD

O wells this story needs to progress faster ~

Thanks for reading 

~~~(^__^)~~~