17. A Moment Of Peace

Royal Court

A Moment Of Peace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Kingdom of  EnGellei is generally a peaceful one and always avoids battles if possible. Ever since setting off to battle Changmin and Minho have had luck on their side. Although the initially planned peace talks have failed due to both parties failing to reach a common ground, they have been successful on the battle field. Minho has been proving his army’s skill on the field, giving Changmin a peace of mind for a change. Although arrogant to the core, Minho has listened to his brother’s advice and together they plan to set another peace talk to end the war which will only harm more innocent people should it continue.

 

Like any other Kingdom, EnGellei needs to be governed, hence why King Dae Hwang simply refuses to leave his work station. Years of hard work without any rest inevitably leads to illnesses in later life. King Dae Hwang has been experiencing bodily aches and sores for a few years now. He is also taking longer to recover from simple illnesses like the common cold. After recovering from a dreadful flu recently Queen Hye In has been frightfully scared that if he continues his ways she will lose her beloved husband in the very near future. She has now forbidden him from working anymore, even going to the extent of confiscating the key to his office and locking the room up. Of course as the woman by his side since his coronation she understands what he has to do and has taken it upon herself to work on his behalf.

 

Since being forbidden from work the King has taken more time to bond with his family. Mostly with those who are in the Palace most of the time such as Luna, Krystal and recently Donghae. Donghae has been acting strangely ever since Eunhyuk started dating. Eunhyuk leaves early by himself for dates and on those days Donghae doesn’t see any point in going out by himself. He would rather play chess or go riding with his father and have since gotten closer to Luna. He has even started to understand Krystal a bit more, realising she really isn’t as bad as some people make her out to be.

 

On the outside world Eunhyuk and Iyu are happily dating and spend more time together than with the rest of the group. Hyoyeon watching on the side can’t help but feel a bit sad but always puts up a strong front to hide her feelings, wishing that they will be happy together. Amber and Henli knowing the truth are always close by to distract her attention. These two care free souls are the same as always, never having any stress and totally oblivious to how complicated life actually is.

 

The other hottest couple in town are also happily meeting although never without disaster striking. Kyuhyun still refuses to accept that the crowned Prince Leeteuk is dating his sister and does what he can to separate them, thinking that he is doing his sister a favour. However his tactics are a bit too childish and always fail, making it quite shameful for this Police Chief if any of his actions ever got leaked to the public.

 

Ria has integrated nicely into the happy group and is often caught amongst the girls gossiping about the latest news and fashion. Although recently she seems to be spending more and more time at Zhou Mi’s tailor shop. Officially learning the art of tailoring and design, unofficially spending time with this charismatic bachelor. Most people can pretty much see what’s going on although Ria always denies it and Zhou Mi is a bit slow in these areas so never fully understand what all the teasing is about. What people can’t see however is the man in the background. Amber can almost always find her dear brother lingering at the coffee house staring into space. However even this smarty pants fails to see Siwon’s true intentions.

 

At the school Suzy is preparing for her qualification examinations and is working very hard to make sure she passes them. Sungmin helps her whenever he is free so they are often found together with work spread across the staff room table. The children have adopted Suzy as their little Royal play buddy and are really fond of her, her brightest smile is always visible whenever she is with the children. At home Suzy would continue studying in a quiet library where no one else goes. Her mother comes across her at times and would bring her snacks and chat with her to give her a break.

 

However Suzy is trespassing as that library used to be Heechul’s quiet place before Suzy discovered it. At first Suzy was wary of trespassing but surprisingly Heechul is really helpful when she is stuck, but he only ever gives her any attention in the library. Outside the library he is as cold as ever, even more so recently since Queen Hye In has taken over political power. Being a potential heir, his mother is always pestering him to show the best image amongst his brothers so that he will stand out. He usually confides in Han Geng or Sulli but Geng has been busy with his own Kingdom and Heechul seems to have distanced himself from Sulli. Putting Sulli in the same position as Krystal and making her finally understand why her best friend was the way she was.  

 

Life continues to go in these never-ending cycles waiting for the right moment when one little thing can create the biggest change and disrupt the peaceful Kingdom once again.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a little round up with what's going on

Even I get confused half the time I'm writing this XD

Thanks for reading 

~~~(^__^)~~~