5. Daddy's Twins

Royal Court

 

 

Daddy's Twins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~~Eunhyuk POV~~

 

Today was a Sunday and as usual we’re not allowed out. Umma and Appa always say that Sunday is a day of “rest” and we shouldn’t run about like babos in town. We respect our parents so we do stay in but it gets so boring!! >.<

Everyone just disappeared after church ~ why does everyone seem to have something to do on such a boring day?

Me and twinnie Hae just  laze about in the lounge between our rooms, me sitting on a chair with my head dangling along the side and Hae lying face flat on the floor.

“Yah Hyukie ~ I’m going crazy here! ~ I’m soooo boredddd >.

“You don’t think I am..” I replied half-dead.

……

 

Suddenly Hae sat up and I watched a frown form on his face. What’s wrong now? ~ Oh one minute ~ I’m dangling upside down XP ~ I sat up properly and watched as Hae’s eyes starting sparkling with mischief ~ It was a good sign!

“So what do you have in mind o’ brilliant twin of mine” I asked with my eyebrow raised.

“Well everyone seems to have something to do ~ but what? Let’s go and stalk them!” he grinned.

“Oooo ~ I do wonder what our Hyungs and Dongsaeng get up to these days ~ they’re so secretive” I agreed with a ponder.

 

Then without any warning Hae jumps up and runs out the room ~ damn that fish ~ always leaving me behind! “Wait for me you hyperactive fish!”

“You’re the one to talk you hyperactive monkey!”

Woah that sounds a mile away ~ how far did he get in that space of time?

 

First bait of the day ~ Krystal and Sulli.

“Hey Hyukie ~ we haven’t pranked these two in ages!” Hae grinned.

Hmm.. prank.. best way to prank girls… BUGS! We collected a huge spider and I put my hands over it~ it felt so weird~

“Yah Krystal-ah~ check out this cute baby bird!” Hae called running over to them. They looked suspicious but peered into my hand anyways.

“BOO!” I opened it and threw it at them. The girls began screaming and running around.

“PUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” We laughed....hard!

“YAH YOU STUPID~” Krystal cursed. Uh-oh.

I looked at Hae and we both instinctively shouted “RUN!”

 

We finally stopped when we were sure the girls were no longer chasing us. I forgot how fun it was running through the palace, really reminds me of the old times when all us kids played tag, causing ruckus throughout the palace, knocking down every person in our path. All this changed when Teukie, Heechul and Siwon hyung grew up and began to understand their positions in the family…

 

As I caught my breath, I realised we stopped right outside the King’s chambers.

“Hae, didn’t Umma say Appa was sick? Let’s go in and check on him.” I suggested.

I walked in with Hae following suit. We crept through the lounge like ninjas and hid behind the wall just before the entrance of the bedroom, peering in to see if Appa was inside.

Then out of nowhere “..and when did my twin sons turn into spies?” came out father's voice.

“APPA! that scared us, don’t do that!” we both look at our father with a dissatisfied look.

“Well if you can do it to other people why can’t I do it to you ^_^” he said with a mischievious grin.

“But pranking is our specialty!” I pouted.

 

“Haha you’re still far from what I used to do my son *cough*” father said.

“ Are you ok Appa? ~ seems like Umma was right ~ you’re working too hard again!” Hae looked at Appa worriedly.

“Yeh Appa ~ what do you have to do when our kingdom is so peaceful?” I frowned.

“You’ll learn one day my sons ~ a kingdom can never go a day ungoverned” Appa said sternly but at the same time with hoarse throat.

I really do worry about him. I rarely see him that often since he’s so busy.

“Well I don’t care! ~ you’re resting today!” I frowned. Appa tried to argue~

“No buts!” Hae interrupted. Then before he could object any further we ran to Appa’s study turned the lock on the inside and banged the door shut. Hah! I’d like to see him get into that!

“My keys are in there!” Appa shouted.

“We’ll let you back in tomorrow ^_^”, Hae said cheekily. You wouldn’t expect Princes to know the art of lock-picking now would you ~ it comes from practicing on dungeon doors…

 

“But for now you’re taking a break!” I smiled.

“Open this door right now.” Appa scowled at us, mustering all the authority he had in him.

“NO! :P!” we both answered defiantly and stuck our tongues out at him ~ just like when we were kids. Appa tried to use the “I-am- the-King!” stare...but it’s really not working.

“Appa you should know that stare doesn’t work on us ~ we’re immune to your superiority!” Hae grinned. Appa gave up...pretty quickly.

“Fine ~ but you better be here, 7am sharp tomorrow or there will be consequences” Appa said sternly.

“Yes sir!” we saluted and ran off.

 

We wanted to find Teukie hyung~ he’s normally interesting to eavesdrop on~ keke.

As we reached the main library we heard some voices in heated discussion. Ahhhh its Youngwoonie-hyung and Teukie-hyung! We crept up behind the huge wooden doors and peeped in.

“Seriously hyung, pick up the courage and just do it already!” Youngwoonie-hyung said frustrated.

“Do what?” Teukie-hyung looked at him blankly. Hah we can tell that look anywhere! He’s not fooling anyone… especially not his best friend.

“Stop playing stupid with me, you know full well what” Youngwoonie-hyung glowered.

“Haven’t a clue what you’re on about” Teukie-hyung said with a shrug.

“Aish ~ what does a guy have to do to make his best friend do something about his happiness?!” Youngwoonie-hyung looked so defeated about this topic.

 

I looked at Hae and we both mouthed ‘happiness?’ …

“Look Youngwoon, the time will come...” Teukie-hyung picked a book up, trying to avoid Youngwoonie-hyung at all cost...

“Well time isn’t stopping for you either” Youngwoonie-hyung grinned.

“You’re the one to speak, where’s your girlfriend then?” Teukie-hyung said defensively as he put the book aside~

“Wh..what? this is not about me, it’s about you!, you’re the one who’s found someone, not me!” Youngwoonie-hyung started stuttering.

 

We couldn’t hold it in anymore~ keke ~ we both burst out laughing then shot over to Teukie-hyung like rockets, Teukie-hyung flinched back as if he just saw two mad dogs running at him ~ but then again, we are pretty mad >.< “WHO IS IT?!!” we demanded.

“Who is it who is it who is it…” we chanted running around. Youngwoonie-hyung laughed. Teukie-hyung pouted and dragged us out by the collars.

“WHO IS IT HYUNG??” we chortled. Teukie-hyung literally threw us out and then closed the door on us. It’s surprising how strong this brother of ours gets.

“Damn...who’s next?” Hae grinned.

 

We wandered out into the garden to find Suzy prancing over to Umma~

“Umma!” Suzy was oozing sweetness from that mouth of hers *shiver* you’ll never catch her like this if she didn’t want something from you.

“Yes sweety what is it?” Umma smiled smelling the flowers.

“Can you supply the kingdom’s best textbooks to the Lee Academy in town?” Suzy looked down and started twiddling her thumbs.

“What did you do this time” Umma looked up with a sigh.

“Umma…”

“Don’t Umma me ~ we both know that whenever you ask for something you’ve done something wrong” the queen frowned.

“Is that really how you see your beautiful daughter ~ I’m heartbroken T_T” Suzy looked horrified.

 

Umma raised her eyebrow. I couldn’t stop laughing. Hae sniggered and burst out laughing.

“Haha even a new born baby wouldn’t believe that!” I squeaked. We ran over to Umma and clinged onto her~

“Yeh, how do you expect to fool this beautiful intelligent mother of ours?” Hae smiled at Umma.

“Aww Hae-ah such a charmer, and come on Suzy what did you do?” Umma looked at Suzy quizzically. Suzy stayed silent.

“I KNOW! ~ she wrecked all the new textbooks the school had spent so much time and effort saving for!” I grinned. Suzy gave us the death stare. We let go of Umma and backed off a little.

 

“Yeah don’t help her Umma, you spoil her too much!” Hae agreed sticking his tongue out.

“She should take responsibility for her own actions!” I added~ Suzy puffed her cheeks out and grew dark...

“Make her pay for them!!” Hae ran after making one last comment. See! Always leaving me behind!

“OPPAAAAAAA!” she screamed. Crap!

“Umma hold her down!” I shouted as I made my escape. We ran as far as we could. Suzy has a realllllly bad temper....and she can hurt! We stopped after a little while. No mental rabid little sister chasing us. Umma~ thank you~

“Hyuk, I’m bored.” Hae pouted.

“Do you think Amber’s finished her princess classes?” I chuckled.

“Probably...” Hae laughed, cracking his knuckles and heading for our little triplet sister of ours. We may be twins but with Amber we turn into the Royal Triplets!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Starting with this chapter we're going to be jumping around a bit to cover most of the character's stories

Hopefully I won't confuse you too much >__<

Happy reading ^_^