Dark Eden 9

Dark Eden

 

 

Days have passed, Taeyeon woke up in cold sweat as she had a dream about the final moments of her match with Sooyoung. In her dream it was very vivid and was almost like an out of body experience. Taeyeon watched as she saw herself charging Sooyoung. As Taeyeon watched from a 3rd person perspective, she clearly saw how Sooyoung purposely let's her sword sleep from her fingers with a ghostly smile on her lips and her eyes closed as the blade of Taeyeon's weapon pierced her chest. It was at this moment, that precise moment where Taeyeon's blade pierced Sooyoung's chest that the dream ended.

 

 

"Sooyoung..." Taeyeon mumbled as she abruptly sat up on the bed of the infirmary. Her tears automatically fall, Taeyeon buried her face in the palm of her hands as she mutely cried.

 

 

It had been a few minutes or so and Taeyeon continued to cry, she didn't notice the presence of another individual in the infirmary. This person has been in and out of the infirmary for the past few days. He often checked with the doctor to see if Taeyeon had regained consciousness. He continued to watch Taeyeon, silently observing her as she continues beating herself up for killing Sooyoung. Taeyeon continued to cry and wallow in sorrow until she caught a whiff of the unmistakable scent of a cuban cigar filling the air as a mist of smoke formed a thin veil inside the partially illuminated infirmary.

 

 

"Ah... You're finally awake" The man hidden behind the thin veil of smoke spoke as he exhales thick grey smoke after taking a puff of his cigar.

 

 

"You know I could use someone like you; cunning, calculating, smart and nimble." Taeyeon looked towards his direction, all she could see was a rather sizeable man hidden behind the cloud of smoke.

 

 

"If you're hoping I'd work for you then stop wasting your breath as far as I'm concerned we've got nothing to talk about." Taeyeon knew too well what he was trying to put across. So before the person she was talking to could hope to talk her in, she bluntly denied and rejected the possibility.

 

 

The man rose from his chair as he threw down his cigar on the floor and puts it out with the soles of his expensive crocodile leather shoes. He gritted his teeth at Taeyeon's boldness. He was never used to being denied of what he wants. No one would dare to cross him or get on his bad side, or so he thought yet Taeyeon turned him down. He smirked at the thought of getting rejected, but he was not in a foul mood, in fact he knew before hand that the attempt was futile considering what Taeyeon endured. The curtain of smoke that concealed his identity parted as he stepped through. Taeyeon's eyes widened and her fists became clenched as she recognized him.

 

 

"You've got balls kid, I'll give you that" he smirked "Nobody and I mean NOBODY dares to say no to Kang Ho Dong."

 

 

Taeyeon didn't dare to breathe a single word, she tried her best to calm herself down. Although every single fiber of her being wanted to tear Kang apart; she knew full well that she's at a disadvantage and that she's still no condition to try and pick a fight. She could barely move her limbs without flinching and her entire body felt heavy and every minute movement; a wriggle of her fingers, a twist of her hips or even a small stride of her legs made her expend energy that she desperately lacked.

 

 

"Too bad though, you would have been a nice addition to my people but I understand. After all I did have your family killed and your friend... What's her name?" Kang mockingly tapped his chin, every word he uttered provoked Taeyeon. Hearing all these things sent Taeyeon's anger boiling. Her hands trembled and her jaw clenched shut as she bitterly gritted her teeth.

 

 

"Ah! Right! Sooyoung! You did have no choice but to kill your friend" Kang snorted, he intentionally tried to provoke Taeyeon.

 

 

Kang is an arrogant man who takes pleasure in stepping on people below his station. He found it amusing when people get aggrevated  and frustrated. He took pleasure in bending and twisting a person like a slice of lime, squeeze all hope from a person, bleed them dry that is one of his beliefs.

 

 

"That was certainly entertaining although a little too theatrical for my taste."

 

 

Taeyeon's anger went over the edge. Keep calm and cool, never get provoked, those were things she often reminded herself whenever she was in a tight spot however on this particular occasion; anger got the best of her. She abruptly stood up. The moment her feet were planted on the ground, her legs wobbled and she came tumbling down the floor. Kang smirked at Taeyeon's plight, he reached inside his coat and placed a bundle cash on the bedside table. He fixed his hair and straightened his coat as his heels clicked as he walked away from Taeyeon with a boastful smirk.

 

 

"You know, even if you crawled on your belly, even if you use your teeth, you can never kill me." Kang turns on his heel and looked down on Taeyeon. "The sedative is still affecting your body, that much I'm certain of, otherwise I wouldn't be here right now."

 

 

"You've earned your freedom and as a little bonus, there's a little prize money I left for you. You can hate or curse me and say I'm a demon but I consider myself honorable. You're free to do as you wish, you can come after me, you're welcome to try."

 

 

Taeyeon laid down on the floor hopelessly and slammed her fist in despair. How she wish that she was stronger, strong enough to wring Kang's neck yet there she was grimacing on the floor cursing her numb and weak body. She grabbed hold of the bed and pulled herself up from the floor. As Taeyeon came to her feet, Kang had his hand on the door knob, he looked at Taeyeon one last time.

 

 

"My men will you back to your apartment building. See you around Kim Taeyeon."

 

 

Kang wore a fedora hat handed to him by one of his men and gestured them to do his bidding. As Kang exited the infirmary, a couple of his men entered the infirmary and escorted Taeyeon to a waiting car. The men drove Taeyeon away from the underground arena. For about 30 minutes Taeyeon sat on the backseat as the car exited the freeway and headed towards the direction of her apartment. Taeyeon looked at the street leading to the apartment building, she watched as the car passed by Mr. Choi's butcher shop, further down the road she saw the grocery store where she frequently goes to get supplies for her and her family. Finally she looked up as Apartment building 603, the 11 story building came into view, Taeyeon was immediately haunted by those she wished to see the most. Taeyeon looked up to her floor and she thought she saw her mom who usually would be at this time of the day hanging the laundry she had just washed. She looked at front of the building and she could see her sister Hayeon playing hop scotch. She looked at entrance of the building and Taeyeon could see her father, sitting on the steps while reading the newspaper. Finally as the black car that Taeyeon rode on entered the parking lot of the apartment complex, she saw Sooyoung's camarro she affectionately named Summer. Tears started to fall as she thought she saw Sooyoung, her back leaning on against the car as she was smiling at her.

 

 

"Come on miss, this is where you get off." One of Kang's men opened the door and dragged Taeyeon out of the car. He then placed the money Kang had left Taeyeon beside where she landed on the ground.

 

 

The car then screeched as the black car exited the parking lot, Taeyeon struggled to get up on her feet but she was still feeling the effects of the sedative. Taeyeon's knees gave out as she tried to stand up, she felt frustrated once again. She cried once more and she continued to grovel on the ground, she spotted the bundle of money Kang left her. She wiped her tears and grabbed the thick bundle of cash, she stuffed it inside her jacket pocket and as once  again she tried to stand up. The look of despair on Taeyeon's face disappeared and was replaced by anger, hatred and a thirst for vengeance.

 

 

"I'll get back at you Kang Ho Dong... I'll see to it that you'll pay for everything you've done to me, my family and Sooyoung."

 

 

It was a dark promise, an oath of vengeance, one she would keep and pursue relentlessly. Taeyeon is now determined more than ever to bring down Kang Ho Dong. But as Taeyeon came to her feet, her legs started wobble. Taeyeon couldn't feel her legs and she braced herself for the pain once she hits the floor but to her intense relief a pair of arms caught her as her back pressed against a woman's chest.

 

 

"Are you alright?"

 


 

Can anyone guess who's the one who caught Taeyeon? Well I was working on this chapter and thought I should let Taeyeon personally meet Kang.

 

 

-AnDroGeNie-