Dark Eden 30

Dark Eden

 

 

Dark and ominous clouds foretold of an impending downpour but as these clouds snuffed the moon’s light, something else fell to the ground. It wasn’t rain but it sure felt like the rain is pouring down on one individual. Singling him out as every drop felt like a nail piercing his soul. One by one, each drop left wounds and holes that caused him immense torment and immeasurable pain. He still struggled as he came to terms with what was revealed to him, slowly the already tarnished image he had of his father cracked and is close to shattering. Seohyun’s words replay through his head as he braved the sudden downpour of confusion that’s gripping his very being.

 

“Your father’s responsible for what happened to my unnie. It was his car that ran over Yoona unnie.”

 

“Y-you’re kidding right? My father could never do such a thing!” despite his shortcomings as a father and as a husband to Yonghwa’s deceased mother. He still thought that his father’s a good man, he tried to defend his father but in doing so he broke Seohyun’s heart.

 

“How could I joke around? You think I’m making this up?! My sister’s in a coma and you think I’m kidding around?!” Seohyun looked at him incredulously walked away.

 

How he wished he could turn back the hands of time, how he wished he handled the situation better… but it’s too late.

 

Yonghwa drove out into the night, with a troubled mind and a broken heart. As his headlights came into view of his father’s estate, a crack of lightning and the grumbling thunder became a precursor to how the weather had drastically changed. The rain slowly poured as he entered the estate and when he got off his car the hard rain greeted him.

 

He whipped his head back, his eyes sealed shut, and the cold rain washed way the warm and salty tears that have long stained his face. He felt cold and numb, it wasn’t caused by the rain that drenched him but it was because of what he had lost; his love and the image of the man he called father.

 

“Young master! You’ll get sick! Here’s an umb—” Yonghwa was greeted by the household butler who offered him an umbrella but he declined and braved the rain.

 

Yonghwa continued to grudgingly tread the driveway until he stood in front of the door. When he got inside, he found his father facing the fire place in the living room, staring into the inferno with little care for whoever it was that entered his home.

 

“Father.” Yonghwa began, his hands clenching themselves into a fist.

 

Yonghwa’s voice made him breakout from his stupor and when he turned around he found Yonghwa standing still with fierce eyes. He paid no mind to how Yonghwa acted, instead he resumed gazing into the fire place.

 

“Yonghwa, what brings you here? You barely pay me a visit and for Pete’s sake your soaked and wet!” Yonghwa gritted his teeth, he wanted to attack his father but he had enough restraint to stop himself from doing so.

 

“Dry yourself up before you catch a cold.” Kang Ho Dong added with no care at all for his son.

 


 

 

 

The phone call Jessica received made her hurriedly drive to the hospital. Her heart raced faster than how she madly drove down the streets, her heart beating faster at the news she’s received.

 

“Good evening Ms. Jung, I’m Nurse Nam from Seoul Medical. I’m calling to inform you that Ms. Kwon Yoona is awake—”

 

“R-really? Okay I’m on my way!” The nurse was unable to say anything else as the news had tremendously excited Jessica.

 

When Jessica got to the hospital she ran through the halls without bothering to take the elevator. She raced up the stairs with a wide smile adorning her face. She always said that a lady must never run even when she is late. She always lectured Seohyun, Yuri and even Taeyeon about that but in this instance her anticipation and excitement got the best of her. She’s waited a long time, and although she spent virtually every single day with her beloved Yoona, having her awake and not unconscious is definitely something she would run a full marathon for.

 

These past few months absent Yoona’s warmth had left Jessica wilted and distraught but she remained strong and kept holding on because she believed in her heart that Yoona would never leave her. Jessica’s longed for this moment, to finally see Yoona’s doe eyes, her alligator smile, her voice, her touch, her kisses. Jessica craved for everything that Yoona used to do; everything no matter how small or how big a gesture as long as it’s from Yoona it was always special and was something missing in her life for the past few months.

 

Jessica panted and abruptly stopped sprinting as she stood in front of the door to Yoona’s room. Her hand shakily reached for the door knob, the cold metal knob felt frigid to her. Jessica closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she squeezed the knob. 

 

With a twist of the knob and a push, the door creaked open.

 

Slowly Jessica opened her eyes and soon after tears flooded them. Through her hazy and blurry tear stained eyes she saw Yoona sitting upright on her bed.

 

“Y-Yoong!” Jessica cried out as she hurriedly ran to Yoona’s side.

 

The sound of her voice made Yoona turn her head. Her gaze fell on Jessica and immediately her doe eyes brightened and that all too familiar alligator smile appeared on her lips.

 

“S-Sica~!” Yoona smiled and drowned Jessica in a very warm and loving embrace.

 

“I-Idiot… you’ve been sleeping too long…” Jessica weakly hit Yoona’s chest and cry as she buried her face on the crook of Yoona’s neck.

 

“I’m sorry if I worried you a lot Sica…” Yoona soothed the crying Ice Princess in her arms; she laid kisses on her forehead and held her tighter than before.

 

“Babo…” Jessica mumbled before capturing Yoona’s lips briefly.

 

“Aw~ that’s all I get?” Yoona whined and puckered her lips which made Jessica giggle and crash her lips against Yoona’s eager lips.

 

 


 

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany ran inside the house the moment the rain started to pour. It was sudden and unexpected that they got partly drenched by the cold night rain.

 

“You okay Fany ah? Did you get wet?” It didn’t really mean anything else but Taeyeon’s hands suddenly landed on Fany’s .

 

“Yah! Byuntae!” Tiffany slapped Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“Mou?! I didn’t do anything!” exclaimed Taeyeon who was completely oblivious of what she’s done.

 

“You touched my you Byuntae!” Tiffany argued as she glared at her dork of a lover.

 

Tiffany then went to the kitchen to fix Taeyeon and herself a cup of coffee. Taeyeon sheepishly followed her, embarrassed about what she’s done. She’s a byun and having Tiffany around made it close to impossible for her to control herself. They were already in the kitchen and a comfortable silence surrounded them.

 

“Cream in your coffee?” Tiffany asked.

 

“2 spoonfuls of sugar please and hold the cream baby~” Taeyeon whispered as her hands s around Tiffany’s waist. Taeyeon’s breath tickled Tiffany making her giggle in the process.

 

Taeyeon began laying feathery kisses along Tiffany’s neck, before things could get hotter, Soonkyu came in. She pretended to cough and it was enough to stop Taeyeon from making anymore advances on Tiffany.

 

“Please don’t smooch around while I’m in the same room with you girls~!” Soonkyu grumbled and shielded her eyes as she passed by the two lovebirds while on her way to the kitchen sink.

 

“How’s Yuri?” Tiffany prodded… sheepishly.

 

“She’s feeling better and the fever’s subsided. She just needs to rest.” Soonkyu casually replied as she filled a glass with water. She’s about to return to Yuri’s room and give her some antibiotics and some other prescribed medication.

 

“Hey, Soonkyu thanks for looking after Yuri.” Soonkyu whipped her head towards Taeyeon and she could see how grateful she was.

 

“T-think nothing of it… it’s the least I could do. I owe her my life after all.” Soonkyu stuttered as she thought of Yuri.

 

The three of them were in the kitchen, when the front door opened and as they poked out their heads to see who it was. The three were surprised to see Seohyun briskly walking through the living room and straight up the stairs.

 

“Umm… should we check and see if she’s okay?” Soonkyu asked worriedly.

 

“No… she’s a Kwon after all.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Just give her some time to herself.” Taeyeon added with a sad smile. The three of them fell silent with nothing else to say.

 


 

 

 

Soonkyu left Taeyeon and Tiffany in the kitchen and returned to Yuri’s room. Once inside the room she smiled to herself as she saw Yuri soundly sleeping with her tongue partially sticking out of . A cute giggle left Soonkyu’s lips as she placed the glass of water she had brought with her on the table beside Yuri’s bed. Soonkyu then slipped underneath the covers and slid next to Yuri. She carefully nudged the sleeping girl to wake her up.

 

“Mmm…” Yuri groaned.

 

“Yuri ah”

 

“Mmm…”

 

“Wake up and take your medicine.” Soonkyu nudged Yuri again.

 

“Mmm… let me sleep for a bit…” Yuri replied and rolled on her side (facing Soonkyu) and wrapped her arms around Soonkyu’s waist. “Five more minutes…”

 

The way Yuri wrapped her arms around her waist made Soonkyu shiver in a good way. She blushed a deep shade of red and her heart starts beating triple time. She could barely say a word and melt in Yuri’s embrace.

 

Soonkyu desperately tried to regain her composure and before nudging Yuri again, she made sure to lose all that giddiness inside of her.

 

“Yuri ah, please wake up for a bit, you just have to take your medicine and then you can sleep again.” Soonkyu nudged Yuri again, this time the latter woke up.

 

Yuri rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up, the moment she stirred Soonkyu immediately helped her sit up by placing her arms behind Yuri’s back. With her free hand Soonkyu reached for the medicine and handed it Yuri.

 

“Here, take these Yuri ah.” Yuri softly nodded and took the pills from Soonkyu’s hand before popping it into .

 

“Drink this.” Soonkyu handed Yuri the glass of water and helped her drink from it.

 

“Thanks” Yuri was barely able to say thanks as a yawn escaped her.

 

“Don’t mention it, here just lie down and sleep Yuri ah” Soonkyu helped Yuri lie down on the bed and turned the night light off before lying down next to her.

 

The moment Soonkyu lay down on the bed she was surprised to find that Yuri once again slipped her arms around her waist.

 

“Goodnight, Soonkyu” Yuri cutely yawned and snuggled closer to her.

 

“Sweet dreams Yuri ah” Soonkyu smiled inwardly as she closed her eyes and brought herself closer to Yuri and adjusted herself so that Yuri could comfortably hug her.