Dark Eden 35

Dark Eden

Hey all :-) 

 

Sorry for being absence, works been rough and I was on assignment for an event at boracay... Ugh... If only it was a vacation :-(  

 


 

 

Morning came yet the weather proved to be an uncooperative friend, the city continued to be pelted with snow and there still weren't any signs that the storm is about to slow down. 

 

 

Inside a 100 square foot flat with two bedrooms the blinds were turned down, not even the tiniest sliver of light can peer through the four corners of this two bedroom apartment. 

 

 

Darkness surrounded two women, their fate far more pitch black than the deepest and blackest abyss that engulfed this place on the 7th floor of a building located within the foreclosed and abandoned part of the city known as old Seoul city. 

 

 

In its hey days Old Seoul city was the center for trade and commerce. This was where the rich and influential conducted business, this was where the middle class and the fortune seekers tried their hand at furthering their economic and social status. Yet for all its grandeur, not even this once glamorous and bustling part of the city withstood the tests of time. The war came and went, and in its wake many businesses were leveled down and many lives were lost.  

 

 

In the years leading to the rise of modern day Seoul, this part of the city was bypassed and neglected and much of the buildings within this district remained in ruins. As many of the buildings remained standing, this old, abandoned and forgotten part of Seoul hid Kang Ho Dong's illicit activities. Kang made Old Seoul city his base of operations for his highly ambitious research. Kang fancied himself as a God and if he is to become a true God he wanted to become something far more superior than any human.

 

 

His ambitions have resulted into countless deaths and his ventures were all intended for the sole purpose of funding his research. He didn't care who he stepped on, he didn't care what were the costs as long as he gets what he wanted, no price was too steep.

 

 

Kang Hodong used people like they were chess pieces, some pieces like Kim Junhyeon willingly followed him, others were unwilling pieces, like Hyoyeon and Summer. They were unsuspecting victims that Kang used for his own interests. 

 

 

Before the day started, before any sliver of light could peer through their gilded cage, Hyoyeon and Summer were awake. Through the darkness they remained entwined, drawing out every ounce of comfort from each other.

 

 

"Hyo... W-who am I? Who are those people whose faces continue to haunt me?" Summer asked, her fingers digging into Hyoyeon's forearm.

 

 

Hyoyeon bit her lip, she dreaded this moment and in the end the only thing that she feared more than death and more than the truth is losing Summer. 

 

 

"Summer will you leave me once you know who you are?" It was meant to be a thought yet in her distress Hyoyeon's tongue gave voice to her thoughts.

 

 

Despite the pain that she has been struggling with, Summer looked at her beloved with evident confusion. 

 

 

"What do you mean? I love you Hyoyeon ah, nothing will change that, not my past or who I was can change what I feel for you"

 

 

Summer's assurance was met with a very tight embrace, an embrace that told of Hyoyeon's intense relief. Summer is easily the only light that she had in her darkened world, losing her would be unimaginable.

 

 

"Summer... I'll tell you everything I know"

 


 

 

The snowstorm that continues to batter the city didn’t let up; the rather uncooperative weather dampened a particular deer’s mood. Exactly a week since waking up and after countless tests, she has been excited upon hearing the news that she could now be discharged from the hospital. 

 

 

But now, she’s reduced to nothing but a whining child.

 

 

“Why oh why?!” Yoona dramatically whined. She has been whining in the hospital lobby for the past half hour. 

 

 

“Yoong! For the love of God could you please stop whining like a kid!” Yuri exclaimed, she couldn’t do anything else except side hug and lean on Sunny’s shoulder.

 

 

"I wanna go home! Unnie!" Yoona persisted and kept whining, shaking her head and crossing her arms over her chest after hearing her sister's word. 

 

 

“We can’t do anything about this snowstorm!” Yuri still tried to make Yoona see reason yet there's no use arguing with this choding. 

 

 

The weather made it impossible for them to transport Yoona home, and a number of roads and highways have become congested. The snowstorm that hit the city has been the worst one to hit the city in nearly 10 years. It's so heavy that even the hospital administration advised Yuri to wait out the storm.

 

 

“Sicaaa~ I wanna go home~!” Yoona whined and even used her aegyo, her impatience mirrored that of an eight year olds. 

 

 

Jessica could barely say anything, under normal circumstances she would go out on a limb for Yoona. Anything that the deer asked, she would gladly do or get, sadly not even the Jessica Jung can do anything about the snowstorm. She sighed and then looked at the pouting doe eyed girl.

 

 

“I’m sorry Yoongie, Yuri’s right we can’t do anything in this weather”

 

 

Yoona frowned but then her face lit up when she had a light bulb moment. Yuri knew the look on her sister's face, she shook her head and sighed. She knew too well that nothing good comes out when Yoona's acting like a child. 

 

 

“Sica~ how about we use appa’s helicopter!” Yoona suggested with a toothy grin. 

 

 

Yuri slapped her forehead after hearing Yoona’s silly idea and Jessica could only let out a prolonged sigh. Sunny on the other hand was surprised, she had an idea that Jessica’s wealthy but she had no idea of exactly how rich. Her astonishment was so great that she just had to ask,

 

 

"Seriously you have a helicopter?" Sunny asked in awe 

 

 

yet for Jessica

 

 

"Yeah, my dad has a few and a couple of private jets too" Sunny's query was answered by Jessica dismissively. 

 

 

She talked about helicopters like they were as common as shoes. It was one of those cliche moments that Sunny thought would only happen in movies, clearly she never knew Jessica Jung.

 

 

"Anyways Yoongie, dad would never let us use a helicopter in this kind of weather" Jessica then went on saying just how silly Yoona's idea were, all the while Sunny had to ask Yuri. 

 

 

"Jessica does realize not everyone has those right? "

 

 

"You'll get used to her, babe" Yuri replied with a wink while wrapping an arm around Sunny's waist.

 

But all these talk about the weather reminded her of something.

 

"Oh! I guess I better tell Seobaby that we might be spending the night here at the hospital" Yuri had to smack herself for almost forgetting to inform Seohyun that they may not make it home. 

 

 


 

 

Kwon residence 

 

 

Festive music played as Seohyun and Tiffany decorated the house while Taeyeon was in the kitchen going over the ingredients for the food she's going to cook for Yoona's welcome home dinner. 

 

 

"Hyunnie your phone's ringing! " Tiffany informed the young girl as they finished laying out decorations. 

 

 

"Thanks unnie, it's probably Yuri unnie" 

 

 

"Hello, unnie?" Seohyun quickly answered her phone, the smile on her face could never be brighter as she expected something along the lines of...

 

 

We're on our way home and we'll be there in a few...

 

 

However...

 

 

"Hey Hyunnie" Yuri's apologetic tone went unnoticed due to Seohyun's excitement.

 

 

"Are you guys on the way home? " Seohyun expectantly asked with an overexcited voice and big smile on her face. 

 

 

"Seo, we couldn't come home yet, the weather outside is so bad that the hospital wouldn't let us leave." 

 

 

Seohyun 's smile instantly dimmed and an exasperated sigh left after hearing the bad news. Seohyun's sigh didn't go unnoticed, neither did the sudden mood change. Tiffany quickly approached the now sulking girl and wondered what Yuri called about. 

 

 

"They couldn't leave, the hospital wouldn't let them because of the bad weather" 

 

 

There was no feast that night, not when the girls weren't gathered together celebrating what would have been Yoona's homecoming.

 

 


 

 

Elsewhere

 

 

Kang Hodong sat in front of his fireplace, not even the crackle of the red hot embers could be seen reflecting through his jet black orbs.

 

 

With his shot of whiskey in hand it seemed like the night had nothing to offer him until his phone rang.

 

 

"Sir, you have a call..." Jaeseok offered the phone to Kang Hodong.

 

 

"This better be good news" Kang gruffly asked

 

It didn't take long until his foul mood became lighter, a devious smirk grew on his face and only time will tell what is meant by Kang's smirk.