Dark Eden 6

Dark Eden

 


 

 

Yuri continued looking after Yoona her eyes trained on her younger sister but her mind ran in different directions. On one hand she continued to retrace the events that led to Yoona's accident and on the other she started to question how come there were no cops or investigators that paid them a visit.

 

 

"Unnie..." Seohyun woke up and stirred, immediately she looked for her unnie only to find that Yuri was on Yoona's bedside. She tried to get up but quickly found Jessica sleeping with her head resting on her shoulder.

 

 

Seo looked at Jessica and she could still make out the trail left by her tears. Seohyun slowly got up and laid Jessica carefully on the couch. Seo could see Yuri's piercing bloodshot eyes, the intense look on her sister's face made her hesitate and think twice before finally approaching Yuri.

 

 

"Unnie... You should get some sleep..." Seo placed her hand on Yuri's right shoulder.

 

 

"Seo..." Yuri placed her left hand on top Seohyun's hand. "I can't sleep Seo, even if I tried all I could see in my mind was Yoona getting hit by that damned car..."

 

 

"Unnie..." Seohyun couldn't say anything, like Yuri she's equally upset. All she could do was just stand by her sister and be there for her.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"Seo watch over your unnie for me okay?" Yuri asked as she got up from Yoona's side.

 

 

"Unnie? You're going to the cafe?" Seohyun asked while fixing a cup of coffee.

 

 

Yuri kept a steady gaze on Yoona, questions, various thoughts raced through her mind. She didn't exactly hear what Seo had just asked her. Seohyun walked over to Yuri's side with a cup of coffee in hand.

 

 

"Unnie? Did you hear me?" Seo tugged on the sleeve of Yuri's jacket.

 

 

"... yes Seo?" Yuri snapped out of her thoughts and finally paid attention to her sister Seohyun.

 

 

"Look unnie I understand you're upset, even I am upset with what happened to Yoona unnie." Seohyun handed Yuri the cup of coffee she prepared earlier. "I know things are bad and I know there's much to do but we shouldn't foget to take care of ourselves. Punishing ourselves will not do any good for Yoona unnie."

 

 

"Thanks Seo." Yuri ruffled Seohyun's hair and started drinking the coffee Seo made for her.

 

 

Yuri was done drinking her cup of coffee, she began fixing herself up and got ready to leave the hospital.

 

 

"Hey Seo, I'll go now okay? Take the rest of the day off and watch over Yoona." Yuri puts on her jacket and gathers her things. She glanced at Jessica who's still sleeping soundly like a rock.

 

 

"Oh and before I forget get yourself and Sica something to eat. Make sure she eats okay ? Call me if Sica refuses to eat okay Seobaby?" Seohyun nodded as she sat at the chair beside Yoona's bed. 

 

 


 

 

Yuri left the hospital, unknown to Seo, she had other plans. Yuri headed down to the police station and hoped to talk to an officer or an investigator. It's been hours already and yet not even a shadow of a cop visited them in the hospital.

 

 

"Excuse me sir?" Yuri approached the help desk of the police station.

 

 

"Yes what can I help you with young lady?" The officer at the helpdesk asked Yuri who was anxious to talk to someone about what happened to Yoona last night.

 

 

"My sister got run over by a black car last night after we watched a concert. Who can I talk to regarding this?" Yuri asked, hoping to be pointed to someone who could attend to her.

 

 

"Let me see." The officer looked at the room with a huge glass window pane. He checked to see who could attend to Yuri. "Ah! Officer Shin should be able to help you. His desk is the 3rd on the second column."

 

 

"Officer Shin is hard to miss; he's that chubby man in uniform with that silly blond hair." Yuri gratefully bowed to the helpful officer and went to see officer Shin.

 

 


 

 

The room Yuri went into was filled with cops and newly caught criminals who were being questioned. There were scrupulous characters that were in handcuffs looking at her lecherously it sure made Yuri thankful that these men were handcuffed and under the custody of the cops. She made her way to the desk off the officer she was referred to and there she saw officer Shin talking to his colleagues with a cop of coffee in one hand and a half eaten donut on the other.

 

 

"Excuse me, officer Shin?" Yuri stepped closer to the police officer who immediately turned his attention to Yuri after finishing the rest of his donut in one bite.

 

 

"Yes what can I help you with miss?" Officer Shin took a sip of his coffee and sat behind his desk. Yuri followed suit and sat at one of the chairs in front of his desk.

 

 

"Officer Shin, I'd like to report an incident that happened last night." Yuri began, officer Shin accessed his computer and began to type what Yuri relayed to him.

 

 

Yuri was asked some personal details, details about her sister and of what happened last night. The whole while officer Shin took notes on his computer, Yuri began describing the car that ran over her sister. She described the black heavily tinted mercedes benz and how it ran at such a high speed and how it lost its bumper after hitting Yoona.

 

 

"Is there anything else that you could provide us Ms. Kwon, any additional detail or information about that black car?”

 

 

“Were you able to get its plate number?"

 

 

Yuri remembered that she snapped a picture of the car's plate number. Yuri showed officer Shin the picture on her phone, his eyes widened. He recognized the plate number and acted cool. He made it look like he had no idea.

 

 

“Alright, thank you for giving us all the information you could give us Ms. Kwon, we’ll begin investigating the matter right away.” Officer Shin assured Yuri that the police will look into the matter. However in truth like most if not all of the police officers in Seoul, he would cover up the incident especially if it involved their benefactor.

 

 

“Thank you officer Shin, I hope you could give us good news about my sister’s case.”

 

 

Yuri got up from the chair and bid farewell to officer Shin. Officer Shin on the other hand continued being amicable with Yuri, however he was already planning to contact his superiors to inform their benefactor regarding the incident. Yuri was about to go out of the room when she accidentally bumped into a petite girl with long auburn hair. Yuri didn’t notice her until they were already down on the floor with the auburn haired girl falling on top of her.

 

 

“Aw aw… sorry about that…” Yuri squirmed and felt a bit sore from the fall.

 

 

“Nah, it’s my fault… are you okay?” The auburn haired girl asked while slightly squirming.

 

 


 

 

Taeyeon stood on the sands of the arena; the crowd of bloodthirsty spectators gathered around the huge underground arena erupted in cheers the moment she was led inside the arena. Armed with the wrist blades that she used in her previous battle Taeyeon felt nervous and somehow something in her gut was telling her that this won't end well. The wild crowd suddenly became quite as the two enormous LCD screens that hovered in the arena lit up and a man in charge of the spectacle appeared and behind him was Kang. He was seated comfortably in his lavish, golden throne with various embellishments.

 

 

"Honored Guests! Ladies and Gentlemen!" Taeyeon didn't have to look hard, for it was that shady fellow who she saw a couple of times already that was addressing the now silenced crowd.

 

 

"My master, Mr. Kang, proudly present to you tonight's main event!" The crowd cheered wildly at the mention of Kang's name. They worshipped him like a God, thanking him for the bloodsport. The crowd became quiet again as the shady man gestured them to be silent as he was about to speak once again.

 

 

"Tonight's combatants are the survivors of last night's grand melee! Two newcomers who battled and survived all the odds to reach tonight's main event! They fight for their lives and freedom but only one may earn it!"

 

 

"Introducing first! A young lady who proved to be a master tactician who possesses unmatched speed, cunning and agility. I give you Kim Taeyeon!" The crowd roared to life as Taeyeon's face appeared on LCD screens, the crowd that watched the spectacle were regulars and only select people were invited to witness this underground gladiatorial games organized by Kang.

 

 

Taeyeon could feel the ground beneath her reverberate and tremble as the tens of thousands of spectators chanted her name. The crowd gathered tonight were hungry, like a pack of bloodthirsty wolves eager to engorge their desire for death and blood. The crowd continued to wildly chant and cheer her until the shady man once again called for order. Taeyeon watched as the gate on the other side of the arena opened, revealing the silhouette of her opponent. Silently she prayed and hoped against all odds that the person she's fighting isn't Sooyoung.

 

 

"Her opponent! A young lady who surprised us with her resourcefulness, brute strength and precision. She claimed victory in the grand melee by defeating a seasoned fighter and champion of our previous tournaments!"

 

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes, she prayed silently to every god she could possibly call on. "Please don't let be Sooyoung, don't let it be Sooyoung, don't let it be Sooyoung." She prayed repeatedly, but it seems that in this arena of blood and death, God hears no prayer, God doesn't seem to exist...

 

 

"Honored Guests, ladies and gentlemen! I give you Choi Sooyoung!" Taeyeon's worst fear came true. She watched completely wide eyed and her hands uncontrollably shaking as Sooyoung stepped into the arena.

 


 

Hey Everyone! i'm posting an update and will put up another one some time tomorrow or on sunday. I've been scratching my head over a few details so I had to make a few tweaks here and there. Well I still have some writing to do so bye for now! ^_^

 

Oh and thanks to my lovely subscribers and I really appreciate the comments! Gives me that much needed kick in the head when I'm wondering if I'm doing things right hehe ^_^

 

-AnDroGeNie-