Dark Eden 17

Dark Eden

 

 

 

Night came at the underground arena, tonight it is filled once again with legions of crazed fans of the bloody spectacle. The evening had become even more special as the gigantic LCD screens that flanked each side of the arena displayed the entrance of Kang Ho Dong. The crowd grew wild and like always worshipped him like a God.

 

 

In one of the waiting rooms, Hyoyeon checked on the vitals of a tall, lean and slender girl. This girl is no ordinary girl, when she was taken to Hyoyeon she was already declared dead. Yet tonight… she will once again stand on the sands of the arena like a phoenix rising from the ashes, but what will her rebirth bring?

 

 

3 months ago…

 

 

Masked men wearing white lab coats wheeled the body of a young girl out of the arena, she had earlier participated in the final match of the tournament and sadly she met her untimely death at the hands of her worthy adversary.

 

 

The door of a restricted room opened when one of the men swiped his key card against a slot in the door. The doors parted open and revealed a room filled with various medical apparatus and nefarious looking contraptions.

 

 

“Dr. Kim, she’s the best we could find. Out of those we’ve recovered from tonight’s tournament her body is in relatively good condition.” Said one of the men in white as he pulled the gurney next to the operating table.

 

 

“Good, see to it that you carefully place her on the operating table.” Hyoyeon replied as she donned her surgical gloves.

 

 

Hyoyeon also had her surgical mask, as she approached the operating table she got a scalpel and was about to pull down the white cloth that covered the dead woman’s body. Without warning a sudden gasp escaped from the dead woman’s mouth. Her chest began to rise up and down, Hyoyeon couldn’t believe what happened.

 

 

“She’s still alive! We need to operate on her! Everyone get ready for an emergency surgery!” Hyoyeon got over her initial shock and quickly commanded the rest of the medical personnel to assist her.

 

 

The people inside the room scrambled left and right, pushing various machines that would monitor the woman’s vital signs next to the operating table as well as a respirator and defibrillator. Under Hyoyeon’s watchful eye the entire team did a 7 hour surgery that successfully brought to life the woman who was declared earlier as clinically dead.

 

 

“Dr. Kim, why did we save this one? We could have just let her die and proceed with harvesting her organs.” One of the medical personnel asked with obvious curiosity.

 

 

“No, she’ll have better use as a subject for the experimental procedure.” Hyoyeon replied as she took off her cap and surgical mask.

 

 


 

 

After successfully saving the young woman, Hyoyeon began subjecting her to the experimental procedure. The woman was submerged in huge glass tank which was filled with an untested biochemical compound that would sustain the nanites (nano machines) that would begin re-engineering her mind and body. For the duration of more or less 3 months the woman remained unconscious as Hyoyeon kept her in a suspended state of animation. The nano machines gradually made progress, the woman was granted super human abilities; her strength, speed and dexterity were tremendously augmented and all of her senses have been greatly enhanced to the extent that she had unparalleled sense of touch, hearing, smell and field of vision, no creature on earth could rival her not even the most savage beasts that walked the earth.

 

 

A week turned into a month and before anyone knew it 3 months easily passed. Hyoyeon continued to carefully monitor the woman’s vital signs, she frequently checked for any irregularities or abnormalities, luckily things progressed without any incident. Suddenly the woman’s finger twitched. Hyoyeon thought she must have been mistaken as she could’ve sworn that the woman’s fingers moved.

 

 

“That’s odd…” Hyoyeon said to herself as she jotted down her observations. She turned her attention away from the machine that monitored the woman’s vital signs.

 

 

Hyoyeon briefly looked at the test subject as she floated around in the biochemical compound. Hyoyeon placed her hands on the tank; she was looking at the woman who had long black hair. Suddenly her hands moved and her eyes shot open. Hyoyeon was surprised that she nearly fell down to the floor, she scrambled and checked the monitors, the subject’s vitals became normal and showed brain activity. After going through her vital signs, Hyoyeon was certain that the girl is now fully awake.

 

 

“All available medical personnel report to the laboratory, the subject is now conscious!” Hyoyeon hits the emergency call button and spoke over the intercom.

 

 

The medical team rushed to the laboratory and retrieves the woman from the tank she was submerged in for the past 3 months. The untested green fluid slowly drained away until the tank had become empty. They carefully extracted the woman from the tank and attended to her. The entire team proceeded to removing the various contraptions hooked on the woman’s body and ran some tests to double check her current condition. The woman barely put up any struggle, she was like a newborn baby, dazed and confused to her new surroundings and unsure of anything. The medical team had little trouble with her. After they were done with their tests and made sure that the woman was fully lucid, the medical personnel escorted her to Dr. Kim Hyoyeon’s office.

 

 


 

 

Her curious eyes, wandered around the office, she didn’t utter a word or made a sound. The woman looked up the wall and looked at the framed pictures. She saw a family of three smiling happily. A young blonde dressed in a black toga while receiving her degree, she saw other pictures on the wall mostly of the young blonde and her parents. She continued to look at the pictures on the wall but quickly noticed the presence of another person. As the person entered the office the young woman breathed in the scent of roses and cherries, she could clearly hear the heels of the woman clicking against the marble floor. The young woman turned to look at the door as it opened and revealed the young blonde that was in the countless pictures on the wall.

 

 

“Hello I’m Dr. Kim Hyoyeon” Hyoyeon introduced herself at the curious young woman as she sat on the chair across where the young woman was.

 

 

“H-hi Dr. K-Kim” The woman replied.

 

 

“What’s your name?” Hyoyeon asked as she took her clipboard and began writing down her observations of the young woman in front of her.

 

 

“I… don’t know…” The woman unsurely replied.

 

 

Seeing the young woman sitting in front of her looked completely clueless and in doubt, Hyoyeon couldn’t help but feel a sense of affinity with her. Was it gravity that drew her in? Was she drawn to her like a moth to a flame? Is it because in some way their fates were similar? Hyoyeon couldn’t tell but somehow she hoped that maybe just maybe the young woman could help her out of the hole that she’s hopelessly trapped in.

 

 

Hyoyeon continued to observe the young woman; she could see her fidget a bit and was somehow trying to gather enough strength to put her thoughts into words.

 

 

“I don’t know who I am and I could hardly tell if there’s anything for me to remember. All I know is that I could hear your heartbeat and I can tell that I can trust you. I might not know who I am but I hope you can show me who I need to be.”

 

 

After she awakened, Hyoyeon spent every single day with her, the young woman particularly responded to her than to others. Hyoyeon taught her everything she needed to know about herself and how to conceal her abilities, she also taught her how to behave and act when in public. Hyoyeon also had the young woman properly groomed; her long black hair had been shortened and dyed into a brown color.  Knowing far too well that Kang Ho Dong would eventually use her for his plans, Hyoyeon made sure to prepare the young woman with everything she needed to know once she starts living outside the complex.

 

 


 

 

Present day… minutes before the main event.

 

 

“Hyo, do you think I’m ready?” The young woman asked as she donned a pair of battle gloves. The gloves she wore are special, made from extremely durable high quality leather and titanium alloy plates mounted on the knuckles, backhand and fingers.

 

 

“You are and you’ll show them what you’re capable of.” Hyoyeon held the young woman’s gloves and leaned forward to kiss her lips.

 

 

“Don’t hurt yourself okay Summer?” Hyoyeon reminded as she rested her head on Summer’s chest.

 

 

“Yeah, this won’t take long. I’ll be back soon.” Summer kissed Hyoyeon’s forehead before heading out to the arena.

 

 

--

 

 

Summer, a name Hyoyeon gave to the young woman entered the arena after she was introduced by the Arena master. The metal gates of the arena opened, the crowd that flocked like crows squawked and cheered as Summer stepped unto the sands of the arena. On the sands of the arena vicious and murderous men armed with swords, spears and bows waited for Summer. They were all gathered to test her and ultimately kill her. Kang wanted to see if Hyoyeon has truly succeeded. The only way that he would believe her is if Summer would easily dispose of the men gathered in the arena.

 

 

Summer counted the number of enemies that were standing before her. There were twelve according to her count. She could see that these men had every intention to kill her. She didn’t wait for a single second to pass by; Summer had almost vanished before the eyes of her opponents. Before they could even blink, she had managed snap one her opponents neck and with a single punch she completely shattered the jaw of another man who didn’t even see her coming. The crowd barely saw anything, and before they could understand what had just happened, they were in shock to find that there were already two people who died in the arena.

 

 

“What the happened?! How did she move so fast?!” A large and muscular man exclaimed in shock as he watched his two comrades lying dead on the ground. The other fighters that surrounded him backed away as they saw Summer’s murderous eyes.

 

 

Like the flame that flickers when the wind blows against a candle, Summer instantly got her hands on another fighter who was armed with a spear. The man violently thrashed and tried to get free but Summer’s vice like grip tightened around the man’s neck.

 

 

“Get your ing hands off me!” He threatened as Summer lifted him up from the ground with one hand. Her hand tightly gripping the poor man’s neck.

 

 

In a desperate attempt and before he would completely lose consciousness, the man held his spear with both of his hands as he continued to dangle helplessly in the air. He abruptly s his spear, with barely enough oxygen in his lungs he prayed that his attack would pierce Summer’s chest.

 

 

“Nice try” His neck made cracking sounds, his legs slightly wriggled. “But that wouldn’t work.”

 

 

Summer completely crushed the man’s neck, breaking bones and completely  rupturing his throat and windpipe. The spear never got within an inch of her, Summer completely  blocked off the attack with her free hand. The remaining men were shocked with obvious horror and fright on their faces. Summer released the poor man’s body, his hands freed the spear as his lifeless corpse hit the ground.

 

 

“Demon! She’s a Demon! Get me out of here!” One of the frightened fighter’s hysterically screamed and tried to look for a way out of the arena.

 

 

Suddenly a spear was hurled through the air and impaled his back; the spear went through him and pinned him on one of the walls of the arena. The remaining eight combatants turned to look at Summer. She had a ghostly smirk on her lips, and began walking towards the fear stricken men.

 

 

“Don’t worry boys, this will be over soon.” She mumbled.  

 

 

The crowd had never seen this kind carnage and brutality, they could barely say anything, they didn’t cheer they could only gasp in horror at the fate of men who died mercilessly in the arena. Neck’s gnarled and twisted, bodies and limbs mangled and crumpled like sheets of discarded paper, skull’s bashed and crushed; those poor men didn’t stand a chance, they couldn’t inflict a scratch on Summer. The crowd was stunned but one man reveled in delight.

 

 

“Dr. Kim, you’ve done well.” Kang Ho Dong complimented as he left his private viewing deck high above the arena.

 


 

 

Wee! Who could Summer be? What do you think? Please leave some comments and for my silent readers, if you guys like the story please subscribe.

 

-AnDroGeNie-