Dark Eden 18

Dark Eden

 

 

It’s not unusual to see the café filled with customers happily partaking their food and drinks. Like any other day; people came in for a cup of coffee and lounge around reading a book or magazine or enjoy the free WIFI internet access or simply enjoy the unique experience of being in a garden café. Taeyeon manned the counter as Yuri went to the kitchen since one their chefs can’t come in for work.

 

 

“Hi, I’d like to have the breakfast special and a cup of coffee please.” Soonkyu gave her order as she tried to look for Yuri.

 

 

Taeyeon noticed that Soonkyu’s eyes have been wandering around for quite some time now. She knew who Soonkyu had been trying to get a glimpse at, it was obvious to Taeyeon that she has been dying to see Yuri. Taeyeon smirked to herself and came up with a plan.

 

 

“Ms. Lee, I’ll have someone bring your order to your table, we’re still cooking a fresh batch of bacon and eggs for the breakfast special.” Taeyeon explained as Soonkyu had a slight pout on her face.

 

 

“Uh… okay, no problem.” Soonkyu placed tapped her lips with her index finger before giving a reply.

 

 

“Thanks, Ms. Lee” Taeyeon smiled and received the payment for Soonkyu’s order.

 


 

Meanwhile at the kitchen…

 

 

“Sorry if you had to cover up for Minho, Boss.” Jonghyun offered as he pulled out a fresh batch of muffins from the oven.

 

 

“Nah, don’t worry about it, this was bound to happen anyway. Sulli’s due to give birth to their baby anytime this month after all.” Yuri casually replied as she continued cooking a batch of bacon and scrambled eggs for the breakfast special.

 

 

“Keke I never thought I’d see that playboy turn into a family man this early.” A crew member snickered.

 

 

“Yah! Key if you get careless like Minho you could be next as well!” Jonghyun scolded the mischievous Key as he prepared the plates that would be used for the food they were cooking.

 

 

“That goes for the rest of you playboys and  especially you too Jong!” Yuri poked fun of Jonghyun. He is after all part of a notorious group of playboys called Shinee.

 

 

Yuri’s quip earned laughter of the other members of the kitchen crew namely Onew, Taemin including Key. Along with Minho these five boys took care of everything in the kitchen. Today however Minho informed Yuri that he couldn’t come in for work because he had to rush his fiancé to the hospital. Yuri has been in the kitchen all morning covering for Minho. As she continued to help out in the kitchen, Taeyeon came in.

 

 

“Yo Yul! How soon can you get a breakfast special ready?”  Taeyeon asked as she stood at the door.

 

 

“Uh, two minutes… give me two minutes and I’ll have one out.” Yuri replied as she finished cooking the bacon and eggs.

 

 

“Great! Oh and while you’re at it can you take a cup of coffee and a breakfast special to table 9? Luna and the others have their hands full at the moment.” Taeyeon sheepishly grinned.

 

 

“Sure, no problem Taeng.” Yuri replied as she started plating a freshly baked muffin, a few strips of bacon and scrambled eggs.

 

 


 

 

Yuri straightened her clothes and checked for any stains, she didn’t like to appear dirty in front of her customers. The sleeves of Yuri’s white buttoned shirt were rolled up to her elbow, along with a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of black flat shoes for her work get up, Yuri looked stunningly beautiful even with an apron. She checked herself in the mirror and tidied up her hair before living the kitchen with the customer’s order. Yuri made her way to the garden area of the café. A few feet away from her she spotted an auburn haired girl sitting alone at table 9. Her back was facing Yuri; the latter couldn’t tell who she was and didn’t seem to mind or dwell on the identity of the customer.

 

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting miss, here’s your order—” Yuri greeted with a smile as she approached the girl’s table and set down her order.

 

 

The girl turned to face Yuri.

 

 

“Yu… Yuri…”

 

 

“So… Soonkyu”

 

 

They were both surprised; Yuri remained standing still, her eyes blinking a couple of times. Soonkyu had a smile on her face; she’s overjoyed to see Yuri. Soonkyu’s been dying to talk to her ever since she started coming to the café.

 

 

“Uh… hey… uhhmm nice café you got here ehehe” Soonkyu lamely initiated a conversation.

 

 

“Oh. Yeah, I’m glad you like it here.” Yuri replied stifling her chuckle as she recall that Taeyeon told her that Soonkyu’s been regularly coming to the café.

 

 

“You come here often?” Yuri asked without wearing a smile on her face.

 

 

“Uhmm… it’s my first time here—” Yuri raised her eyebrow.

 

 

“Actually I’ve been coming here for a while now coz’ I wanted to see you and talk to you.” Soonkyu noticed Yuri cocking her eyebrow and awkwardly played with her fingers. She blushed a deep red as she tried to whisper the last part of what she was saying.

 

 

“R-really?” Despite her rather cold exterior Yuri blushed and stuttered after hearing Soonkyu’s answer.

 

 

Yuri and Soonkyu both blushed but before they could further engage in what was slowly turning into a conversation…

 

 

“Yo! Soonkyu!” Greeted a muscular young man with wavy brown hair dressed in a brown denim coat, a black buttoned shirt, black boot cut jeans and black pointed leather shoes.

 

 

Yuri and Soonkyu turned to look at the man who was heading straight towards Soonkyu’s table. Soonkyu smiled and greeted him with her eyes turning into crescents, Yuri concluded he’s Soonkyu’s boyfriend.

 

 

“Oppa~! I thought you were busy!” Soonkyu stood and hugged him. Soonkyu didn’t notice Yuri walking away but the young man noticed.

 

 

“I just had to talk to an informant Soonkyu” Donghae grinned as he parted from the hug he was sharing with his younger sister.

 

 

“We could talk about that later oppa, oh! I almost forgot oppa this is Yu—” Soonkyu turned to introduce Yuri but found that she was nowhere.

 

 

Soonkyu continued to look around, she turned 360 degrees but found no trace of Yuri. She pouted and lets out a defeated sigh, Soonkyu dejectedly sat down and lost her appetite. Donghae smirked and thought how funny his younger sister looked right now, he couldn’t resist chuckling. Of course he’s aware that Soonkyu has been religiously eating in the café in the hope of talking to Yuri.

 

 

“If you mean that hottie you’ve been fangirling about, she left a few seconds ago. She must have thought I was your boyfriend.” Donghae informed Soonkyu with a grin as he poked the scrambled eggs on Soonkyu’s plate with a fork.

 

 

“Yah! Who said you can have some of my breakfast special!” Soonkyu yelled as she took the fork from Donghae’s hand. She is pissed, other than because Yuri left without a word; Soonkyu became a lot more upset since Yuri thought that her idiot brother is her boyfriend.

 

 


 

 

Seohyun was on her way to the university, not far from where she stood, she saw Yonghwa talking to a man in a black suit. She carefully made her way towards the boy; curiosity got the best of Seohyun, although she’s known him for awhile now Yonghwa still was a mystery and he rarely talks about his parents or his family.  Stealthily, Seohyun got as close as she could without being seen or noticed.

 

 

“Young master Kang. Your father’s asking if you would be attending dinner tonight. He’s hoping you’d come.” The man asked Yonghwa.

 

 

“Kang? I thought his lastname is Jung…” Seohyun thought to herself as she managed to hide her presence and hear their conversation.

 

 

“Alright, just give me the details and tell him I’ll meet him there later. By the way ahjussi, don’t mention my real family name here; it’s a secret I hope to remain hidden.” The man in a black suit respectfully bowed and went inside his black car.

 

 

Yonghwa watched as the black car drove out of the University, as the car disappeared completely he lets out a sigh of relief but as he turned around to make his way to his class he unexpectedly found Seohyun standing a few feet away from him.

 

 

“Hyunnie…”

 

 

“Tell me… Yong… are you really a Jung or Kang?” Seohyun asked with red eyes.

 

 

“D-did you hear everything I was talking about with the ahjussi earlier Hyunnie?” Yonghwa tried to get closer to Seohyun but she would take a step back.

 

 

“Answer me Yong! Tell me!” Yelled Seohyun as she attracted the attention of the other university students.

 

 


 

 

Evening came, it’s now closing time for the café, Yuri left Taeyeon in charge of the closing the café since she had to go to the hospital and watch over Yoona. As the rest of the crew cleaned the kitchen, the dining area and the counter area, the door chimed as Taeyeon forgot to lock the doors.

 

 

“I’m sorry we’re already close—” Taeyeon informed as she turned her attention to the person who came inside the café.

 

 

“Taeyeon ah, can we talk?” Tiffany asked in between her shallow and rapid breaths.

 

 

Tiffany actually sprinted to the café after realizing that it’s already 9 P.M. and it’s already closing time. Taeyeon turned to the rest of the crew and asked Jonghyun to close the café after they were done cleaning.

 

 

“Let’s go for a walk Prosecutor Hwang.” Taeyeon turned to look briefly at Tiffany before heading out of the café.

 

 

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon went to a nearby park, the Cherry blossoms were in bloom and under normal circumstances it would have been romantic. Taeyeon spotted a bench besides a cherry blossom and tree, she carefully brushed away the cherry blossom petals that fell on the bench.

 

 

“What do you want to talk about Prosecutor Hwang?” Taeyeon asked as she and Tiffany sat down on the bench.

 

 

“Ah… Taeyeon ah… I know you’ve told me that you don’t believe that we can help you with your case but I just want you to know that right now we’re doing our best to pursue a strong case against Kang Ho Dong.” Tiffany hoped to convince Taeyeon to believe in her and believe that there’s still such a thing as justice in Korea.

 

 

 

“Just believe in me Taeyeon ah, believe in the justice system. I’ll do my best to find justice for you—” Tiffany stopped talking when she saw the pain and sadness in Taeyeon’s brown eyes.

 

 

“Can you really find justice? Can you really help me my family… Sooyoung… Yuri’s sister; Yoona and Officer Shin? Can you really do something for all of us who suffered because of Kang Ho Dong!!” Taeyeon yelled as tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

 

“W-what do you mean? Yuri? Yoona? Officer Shin? W-what do they have to do with all of this?” Tiffany is all confused; she looked at Taeyeon as tears continued to roll down her cheeks.

 

 

“I guess you really have no clue….” Taeyeon snorted as she got up and leave.

 

 

“W-wait! Taeyeon, don’t leave. Tell me, I don’t understand” Tiffany held on Taeyeon’s wrist, she desperately tried to stop her from walking away.

 

 

“Fine, since you really think that you can help us, let me fill you in then.”

 


 

 

Hey gang! Here's an update! Thanks for the awesome comments!

 

If it's not too much ask please support my fic and subscribe okay? As always your support and comments are highly appreciated!!

 

-AnDroGeNie-