Dark Eden 37

Dark Eden

 

 

 

Something was amiss and Yuri noticed this the moment she noticed that Seohyun has been out for more than several minutes.

 

 

"Where's that girl? She was just supposed to get Yoona's bag..." Yuri pondered to herself but was overheard by Taeyeon who was just passing by.

 

 

"I was able to glance out the window awhile ago..." Yuri looked at Taeyeon who immediately stopped in front of her. The two were standing in the living room and amidst the giggles and gleeful chattering of the other girls, Yuri and Taeyeon were anything but jovial.

 

 

"but I don't know... I think I'm not too sure of what I saw" Taeyeon thought it over some more, she closed her eyes and replayed what she saw out the window.

 

 

"I'm not sure about this Yul, but I think I saw Seohyun running off with some guy..."

 

 

"Some guy?! Who?!" Yuri exclaimed, her horrified tone wasn't noticed by the other girls.

 

 

"Like I said I'm not too sure... could be that Yonghwa kid-" At the mention of Yonghwa's name and even though it was still uncertain, Yuri haphazardly grabbed her coat. 

 

 

"Yul? Where are you going?" Sunny asked as she noticed her girlfriend nearly running out of the living room and straight to the door. 

 

 

Yuri didn't seem to hear Sunny as she quickly opened the door and slams it behind her the moment she walked out the door.

 

 

Sunny looked at Taeyeon hoping to be informed of what was going on but the said girl hardly said anything and instead she followed Yuri out..

 

 

Yuri was on her black Kawasaki Ninja, the engine roaring and the rear wheel already screeching and spinning madly.

 

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri! Stop! Where are you going?" Taeyeon kept yelling but Yuri wore her helmet with the visor down

 

 

Yuri hardly heard anything and like the reckless and overprotective person that she is she puts her iron horse in first gear, she releases the hand brake and with a full squeeze of the throttle she zoomed out of the Kwon residence and into the nearly empty streets.

 

 

"Damn it! That Kkab!" Taeyeon ruffled her hair in frustration and quickly fished out her car keys.

 

 

"C'mon Sunny ah, we better chase after your girl before something bad happens" 

 

 

Sunny hardly said anything she didn't wait for Taeyeon to tell her twice, she got inside Taeyeon's camarro.

 

 


 

 

Yuri drove frantically, thank god the streets were as good as empty, Yuri's eyes were sharp and it darted left to right. She scanned her surroundings and looked for tell tale signs of where her younger sister ran off to.

 

 

"Damn it Seohyun! Where the hell are you?" Yuri grumbled to herself and gritted her teeth.

 

 

She sped up again and Taeyeon wasn't far behind.

 

 

Just as Yuri was about to pass by the park not far from where she lived, she saw a black, heavily tinted car recklessly going through the park's walkway. 

 

 

A shiver ran up her spine and Yuri didn't need to guess whose car it was.

 

 

"Oh !" Taeyeon suddenly exclaims when she sees Yuri's bike skidding then making a sharp turn towards the park.

 

 

"What the hell! Is she going through the park?!" Sunny asked in disbelief

 

 

At that point Taeyeon stopped guessing, she followed Yuri's lead in pursuit of the black car.

 

 


 

 

Yuri kept aggressively pursuing the car, and the driver easily spotted Yuri tailing them.

 

 

"Boss, someone's following us" The driver informed his Boss

 

 

"Call for back up, don't let anyone get in our way" He released a puff of smoke that he's been holding in and the driver could only nod in return.

 

 

He dialed a number on his phone and through his wireless headset he communicated the situation to his fellow guns for hire.

 

 

As Yuri and Taeyeon continued chasing after the black car, their relentless pursuit led them out of the park. 

 

 

"!" Yuri nearly panicked and lost control of her bike when the front bumper of another black car came in contact with her rear wheel.

 

 

The car came out of nowhere, it effectively made Yuri alter her path and in effect lose sight of the car she was pursuing.

 

 

For a split second the bike weaved and wobbled out of control but Yuri knew how to control her beast. 

 

 

She carefully shifted her weight around, and stepped gently on the foot brake just so she would be able to change her bike's momentum. Yuri skillful maneuvering kept her bike from losing its balance and spinning out of control.

 

 

"Damn, that was close!" 

 

 

She whipped her head back and saw the black car hot on her tail, behind it she saw Taeyeon following closely behind the car that's now in between them.

 

 

In the middle of this game of cat and mouse, Yuri's phone vibrated, she would've shrugged it off but the incessant ringing made it clear that someone was calling her. She pulled out her wireless headset and slipped it into her ear.

 

 

"This better be important cause I swear to god I'm gonna kick your --" Yuri was about to go on ranting over the person calling her but was immediately cut off.

 

 

"Yah! Stop ranting for a second will ya!" Taeyeon demanded

 

 

"Listen, I can't talk and drive at the same time, so I'll put you on speaker"

 

 

Yuri was about to express how glad she was but before she could again Taeyeon beat her to it

 

 

"FYI your girl's riding shotgun" 

 

 

"Sunny?! Why did you come along with Taeyeon?" Yuri asked while her eyes were busy darting between the road and her side mirrors. She kept tabs on the car and never let it get within an inch of her.

 

 

"What was I supposed to do, you ran out of the house!"

 

 

"Sorry Bunny, I'm just worried about Seohyun"

 

 

"I know and I'm also worried about you that's why I followed Taeyeon and got inside the car"

 

 

Yuri can't help but smile, even in the heat of things Sunny still thought of her.

 

 

"Thanks Bunny"

 

 

A smile appeared on Sunny's lips too and before the two lovebirds completely stray off on the matter on hand Taeyeon barked impatiently. 

 

 

"Okay okay this is all nice and sweet but we're still in the middle of something here people!" Taeyeon barked, reminding the lovebirds of their situation.

 

 


 

 

The car kept trying to run Yuri down but she never lost sight of the car, she would purposely weave left and right just so the car won't come even an inch on her rear wheel.

 

 

"Tae any brilliant ideas?" Yuri asked when again the car tried to ram her

 

 

"Hold on okay!" Taeyeon's mind went into overdrive, she played out several scenarios in her head. Out of all the ideas that came to her mind, something made her grip on the steering wheel tighten and grit her teeth.

 

 

Taeyeon hated the idea that crossed her mind but there weren't a lot of options to consider

 

 

"Yul lure them in, when we reach the intersection I'll bump them from the side and make them spin out of control."

 

 

"God, I so hate what I'm about to do..." Taeyeon mumbled to herself

 

 

After Taeyeon gave her instructions, Yuri pushed her bike to the limit and sped off. The car tailing her immediately responded and gave chase as it tried to charge Yuri like a bull that's seeing red but luckily she always manages to dodge every single attempt.

 

 

 

Meanwhile in Taeyeon's car, Sunny sat on the edge of her seat as she watched Yuri outrunning the black car.

 

 

"Don't worry about her Sunny ah, Yuri can take care of herself" Taeyeon assured the worried girl who sat beside her.

 

 

Taeyeon's fully aware of Sunny's worried stares, her sudden gasps when the black car chasing Yuri would suddenly dart and charge. 

 

 

"I know Tae but I just can't help but worry about her. I don't wanna see her get hurt and a life without her in it is unimaginable."

 

 

Taeyeon was happy to hear Sunny's words, it made her happy to know that someone cared for Yuri that much. Before Taeyeon would be swallowed up by her musings, she paid attention to the road and saw Yuri's about to cross the intersection.

 

 

"Sunny ah, this will be a bumpy ride, you better buckle up your seat belt!"

 

 

Sunny nervously fastened her seatbelt and held on to dear life as Tae pushed the pedal to the metal.

 

 


 

 

The dangerous cat and mouse game finally reached its and as they neared the intersection, Yuri continued going as fast as possible with the black car dangerously close behind her. 

 

 

Yuri entered the intersection nearly getting hit by a car that crossed the intersection. It was supposed to be a red light but that hardly meant Yuri had time to stop. The car following her clearly had every intention of running her down and so as Yuri safely crossed the intersection, the black car followed in pursuit of her.

 

 

The car's engine roared at full speed, it blindly weaved right and left just so it could catch up with Yuri but before it could safely exit the intersection, Taeyeon's Camaro came sweeping in and skillfully rammed the left side of the car's rear section causing it to swerve out of control. The black car crossed the other lane and an oncoming container truck smashed into it as spun out of control.

 

 

Just as quickly as all of that happened, Yuri and Taeyeon disappeared. They resumed tracking down the black car they were previously trailing. 

 

 

"We better drive back to where we last saw that car we were following" Yuri suggested as a turn came up.

 

 

"Yeah, we'll start our search at that alley way the car disappeared into" 

 

 


 

Yuri and Taeyeon circled round and drove back two blocks until they were back at that street next to where they exited the park. In between what was a condemned hotel and an old French bistro was an alley way. The buildings that towered over the alley way darkened the narrow passage, dumpsters infested with rats and cockroaches could be seen all through out the alley, while empty boxes and crates were scattered all through out. It was unsightly and it became no wonder that there wasn't a single soul in sight.

 

 

Yuri stopped as she entered and spotted a set of tire tracks.

 

 

"It definitely went through here" Yuri thought to herself as despite the puddles of water she could still see the tire marks the car left behind.

 

 

Not long after, their search was over, as Yuri got down from her bike nothing could perhaps be heartbreaking than the sight of her precious younger sister cradling a man she could not recognize at first.

 

 

"Hyunnie..." 

 

 

Even though her voice was soft, Seohyun clearly heard Yuri, she instinctively leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder while still cradling the dead Yonghwa.

 

 

"Unnie... Ho Dong... he killed Yonghwa!" Seohyun bellowed while Yuri could barely do anything except comfort the still crying girl.

 

 


 

 

Kwon residence

 

 

Shortly after missing a few heads, the girls were worried.

 

 

"She's still not answering" Fany sighed as for the nth time, Taeyeon is still not answering her phone.

 

 

"Same with that kkab and Sunny too" Jessica ruffled her hair in frustration. She's especially worried about Yuri as she is known to be the most wreckless out of the three Kwon siblings.

 

 

"This is bad... even Hyunnie is not picking up..." Yoona informed them as she heard nothing but the recording saying that the number is unattended or out of coverage area.

 

 

The four girls in question have been missing for a couple of hours and nothing but uneasy and unpleasant thoughts entered Jessica and Tiffany's head. Yoona is still unaware of the real situation and simply thought that perhaps the four girls were out getting some groceries or perhaps getting a surprise for the party later. while they were all engrossed of their thoughts, the front door opens and finally the four girls arrived.

 

 

Yoona was the first to notice but after seeing how they were soaked in the rain with mourning and sorrowful faces, she could barely say anything except...

 

 

"Oh my God! What happened? Why are you guys all soaked and wet?" Yoona ran towards them, she was baffled but was more concerned as to what happpened to the four of them.

 

 

No one dared to speak not her sisters nor Taeyeon or Sunny, they honestly do not know where to even begin. There were a lot of things that Yoona needed to know but they knew that the right person to tell Yoona everything was none other than, Yuri.

 

 

Just then, Jessica and Tiffany joined them with several towels in hand.

 

 

"Yul" Jessica quietly began as she placed her hand on Yuri's shoulder, the latter looked at her but remained quiet 

 

 

"It's time you tell her" Yuri could only let out a deep sigh as she knew that the time has finally come.

 

 

Taeyeon glanced at Yuri and Jessica, she knew what was likely going to happen.

 

 

"C'mon Hyunnie, let's get you dry and warmed up" Taeyeon cooed as she led Seohyun away

 

 

Seohyun obviously couldn't offer an answer nor will her grief allow her to talk, Taeyeon knew this too well and so she asked Tiffany to wrap a towel around Seohyun's shoulder while they accompanied her to the couch in the living room. Sunny could hardly contain herself as she immediately cried and buried her face on Yuri's shoulder. Sunny's sobs signaled a barrage of questions, Yuri feared this moment yet she knew it is ultimately unavoidable and as things continue to escalate, now would be the best time to tell Yoona the truth before everything goes out of hand.

 

 

"Yoong... we've been putting off a lot of things but... it seems things are only getting worst..." Yuri paused her breath momentarily hitched, she glanced at Seohyun, the girl has begun crying and she could only be thankful that Tiffany and Taeyeon were right beside her.

 

 

"It's time you know what's been going on Yoong.."