Dark Eden 5

Dark Eden

 


 

 

Yuri sat beside Yoona’s bed. Her hands were clasped together as her elbows were resting on the edge of Yoona’s bed. She wasn’t exactly looking at Yoona as her thoughts were racing through her troubled mind. She wondered how come the police didn’t show up, and it seems no one was investigating what happened to her sister. After hours of surgery, the doctors were able to save Yoona. She has become stable although she’s entered into a coma. It was early morning and Yuri had no sleep at all she stayed awake and continued to replay everything that happened, the speeding car and how in a flash Yoona had almost died.

 

 

Seohyun and Jessica fell asleep on the couch out of exhaustion. Seohyun tried her best to comfort and stop Jessica from crying but it was impossible, Jessica only stopped crying when she fell asleep, apparently tired from crying. Suddenly a knock came at the door, instantly Yuri came back to her senses and looked at the door.

 

 

“Come in” Yuri called out, the door opened and one of the surgeons that operated on Yoona stepped in with a clipboard in hand and a stethoscope draped around his neck.

 

 

“Ms. Kwon, I’m Dr. Chan.” He introduced himself as Yuri stood up and politely bowed.

 

 

“What’s her condition Doc?” Yuri asked expecting to hear anything good from the doctor. “When will my sister wake up?”

 

 

“Ms. Kwon, your sister has slipped into a coma. We’re not certain about when she will wake up. No one in the medical world can be certain of such things.” Yuri stood lifelessly and became disheartened. She was hoping for good news but it seems she has to continue watching her sister lying on the bed like a vegetable.

 

 

“We’ve stopped the internal bleeding and managed to piece together her fractured ribs. However she sustained severe head trauma which in all probability caused her to slip into a coma.” Yuri sat back down on the chair and glanced at Yoona.

 

 

“Doc, will she ever wake up?” though afraid and already in tears Yuri weakly asked a question she dreaded to ask and the answer she was looking for could either break her or make her hold on.

 

 

“Ms. Kwon, we’re confident that your sister will wake up. We’ve already done our part and did our best to tend to your sister’s injuries. What we need to do now is let nature and time run its course and wait patiently until your sister wakes up.”

 

 

The doctor’s words were enough to put Yuri’s fears to rest, although it was difficult she found it easier knowing that Yoona’s not a lost cause. Dr. Chan excused himself and left Yoona’s private ward.

 

 

“Hey kiddo, wake up soon okay? We’re all waiting for you.” for the first and only time since the accident Yuri smiled and kissed Yoona’s forehead. She sat back down on her chair and continued to watch over her.

 

 


 

Taeyeon was led to the small room she and Sooyoung shared earlier, the metal door opened and she saw Sooyoung sitting on the floor, her back against the wall and her head hung low. Taeyeon saw the bandages wrapped around Sooyoung’s injuries and for a time was relieved to see that her best friend’s injuries were also treated.

 

 

“Soo…” Taeyeon called out as she crouched in front of Sooyoung.

 

 

Sooyoung looked up and saw Taeyeon in front of her, her eyes were red, swollen and in tears. She felt intense relief and delight after seeing Taeyeon in front of her, Sooyoung launched herself at Taeyeon and hugged her tight. Taeyeon was unable to support her and Sooyoung’s weight, both of them back on the floor with Soo on top of Taeyeon.

 

 

“Soo I’m so—” Taeyeon was about to say how relieved she was to see Sooyoung again however she found herself unable to do so as Sooyoung abruptly captured her lips.

 

 

Taeyeon didn’t respond at first when she found her lips were pressed against Sooyoung’s but latter was persistent.

 

 

Taeyeon started moving her lips and began responding perfectly in sync with Sooyoung’s lips, responding at every tug and nibble that Sooyoung initiated. Taeyeon quickly found herself gasping for air. She broke away from the kiss and stretched her neck out to get away from Soo who was still trying to kiss her.

 

 

“Soo… I…” Taeyeon was confused, she couldn’t understand why Soo kissed her but she found herself unable to say anything else as Sooyoung laid butterfly kisses on her neck.

 

 

Sooyoung continued peppering Taeyeon’s neck with kisses as her left hand began feeling up Taeyeon’s body. Taeyeon winced and stifled a moan as she felt Sooyoung’s hand slowly sliding underneath her shirt.

 

 

“Soo… please… stop…” Taeyeon felt uncomfortable but she was starting to feel enough pleasure that she almost lost the will to stop Sooyoung from her ministrations. Sooyoung stopped and looked up to find that Taeyeon’s eyes were already welling with tears.

 

 

Sooyoung parted away and gave Taeyeon enough room to sit up. Taeyeon sat silently as Sooyoung sat back at the spot where Taeyeon found her earlier. Sooyoung couldn’t bring herself to look Taeyeon in the eyes; she hung her head low and became angry at herself for losing her self-control.

 

 

“Soo…” Taeyeon began, she called out to Sooyoung who didn’t seem to respond nor look at her. “Soo… please look at me… I don’t know what came over you but please make me understand…”

 

 

Sooyoung remained quiet, biting her lips as tears were forming on her eyes. She tried her best to fight them by closing her eyes. Taeyeon saw Sooyoung’s hands balled up, trembling and her knuckles were slowly turning pale. Despite her confusion, Taeyeon stood up and sat next to Sooyoung and placed her hand over one of Sooyoung’s trembling hand.

 

 

Sooyoung was surprised, she opened her eyes and looked at Taeyeon’s hand that was placed on top of her hand. Taeyeon began rubbing her thumb on the back Sooyoung’s hand and this caused Sooyoung to finally look up at Taeyeon. Soo became more surprised when she didn’t see a hint of anger or disappointment on Taeyeon’s face only the usual ever understanding and patient face which was one of the many reasons that made Sooyoung fall harder for Taeyeon.

 

 

“Taengoo… would you hate me if I told you a secret that I’ve always kept from you?” Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung who was staring into oblivion, a subtle and defeated smile perched on her lips.

 

 

“Hate you? Secret? What do you mean Soo? I don’t understand.” Taeyeon’s eyebrows scrunched and she thought harder only to be confused even more.

 

 

“Taengoo… I’ve always been in love with you… I never had the courage to tell you but I had always loved you.”

 

 

Taeyeon was surprised at Sooyoung’s sudden confession, she’s never noticed Sooyoung’s affection but after looking back on how Soo had always treated her, it began to make sense for her. For the first time she understood why Soo had always been gentle and protective of her.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Taeyeon was on her way up the apartment after going to the supermarket; she was buying supplies her family was going to need at home. Sooyoung saw Taeyeon with bags of groceries on both her hands. Sooyoung wasted no time and jogged towards Taeyeon with a cheeky grin.

 

 

“Here let me carry these for you, Taengoo!” Sooyoung chirped as she snatched the bags of grocery from Taeyeon’s hands.

 

 

“But… but it’s not that heavy Soo~!” Taeyeon whined and tried to take back the bags of groceries from Sooyoung’s hands.

 

 

“I know you’re crazy about butts Taengoo but I could never sit by idly and watch you have a hard time doing stuff like these.” Sooyoung warmly smiled as she continued carrying all the bags that she was carrying.

 

 

“Next time call me okay?” Taeyeon blinked a couple times and tilted her head to side; she never did understand why Soo cared for her so much.

 

 

End.

 

 

Taeyeon finally understood why Sooyoung would willingly go out of her way whenever she was in need. Sooyoung was always there for her no matter how hard things get.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

It was past midnight, Taeyeon pulled another all-nighter at the office, and she didn’t know that Sooyoung was waiting outside her office building in the cold of night. Taeyeon was exiting the building with her other officemates when she saw Sooyoung leaning back on her car rubbing her hands together trying to warm herself up and fight off the cold air.

 

 

“Soo? Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked, completely stopping in her tracks. She was surprised to see Sooyoung waiting for her.

 

 

 

Sooyoung smiled when she saw Taeyeon, she parted from her car and went to Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s officemates excused themselves and went ahead of Taeyeon.

 

 

 

“I was waiting for you of course!” Sooyoung took Taeyeon’s bag and dragged Taeyeon to her car.

 

 

“How did you know I was doing overtime?” Taeyeon asked while Sooyoung just giggled.

 

 

“Umma told me you were still at work.” Sooyoung had always called Taeyeon’s parent’s umma and appa. “She was worried that you were going to go home by yourself.”

 

 

“Next time tell me if you’re going to be late okay?” Sooyoung smiled charmingly and opened the door of her car for Taeyeon. Taeyeon just nodded and didn’t understand why Soo would willingly wait for her despite the cold night air.

 

 

End.

 

 

Everything finally made sense; Taeyeon placed her hand beneath Sooyoung’s chin. She looked Sooyoung in the eyes and both of them stared silently at each other. Sooyoung for her part wasn’t certain how to assess the situation; she didn’t know what was going on inside Taeyeon’s mind.

 

 

Soo wanted to look away but Taeyeon’s hand stopped her from doing so.

 

 

“Soo…” Taeyeon surprised Sooyoung when she suddenly kisses her. Sooyoung was too surprised to even think and respond to the pressure of Taeyeon’s lips on hers.

 

 

Sooyoung regained her senses and began kissing back Taeyeon. However their kiss was suddenly and unexpectedly parted when they were dragged away from each other. Men came in and carried both of them out of the room and into different directions.

 

 

“Sooyoung!” Taeyeon cried out! Tears rolling down her cheeks while she stretched her hand.

 

 

“Taeyeon!” Sooyoung yelled and struggled; she tried but was unable to free herself from the men that carried her away.

 


 

As promised an update! ^_^

 

What do you guys think? keke Thanks to my lovely subbies and readers! Please continue to support this fic and spread the love guys! ^_^

 

-AnDroGeNie-