Dark Eden 4

Dark Eden

 


 

 

The man that Taeyeon saw earlier entered the room she was in, he laughed sadistically and the expression on his face only told of his unholy desire to see blood spilled over the sands of the arena.

 

 

“All of you have probably seen what is in store for you.”

 

 

“All of you are here for you owe my boss a huge debt. And since none of you are able to pay what is due…”

 

 

“You!” The shady man pointed at all of them.

 

 

“All of you will pay with your lives!” The shady man stepped aside and his goons came in inside the room armed with guns in case any of them had the wrong idea of attacking him.

 

 

“If any of you even hope to survive and earn your freedom, be sure to kill whoever stands in your way. Either you win and walk away with your lives or you lose and leave this place in a body bag.”

 

 

Taeyeon’s hands trembled, as the goons led her and the rest of the combatants into the arena. The gates opened and the bright light of the arena nearly blinded Taeyeon. She looked up and saw tens of thousands of people gathered around the arena. Eager to see blood spilled over the sand. The cheers of the crowd rocked the arena. Taeyeon felt the sand beneath her feet vibrate as the crowd chanted for violence, blood and death.

 

 

Taeyeon wasted no time and looked for a weapon; she found a pair of wrist blades and quickly armed herself with the exotic weapon. The other combatants wasted no time, kill or be killed that was the only rule that they need to follow and bare in mind in the arena. Taeyeon knew this; the reality had already sunk into her head the moment she was led to the arena. Despite her fears, she knew that she had to stay alive and inevitably it meant killing the others who were with her in the arena.

 

 

Taeyeon knew better than to stay still, she saw that there are already several dead bodies lying on the sand. Taeyeon surveyed her surroundings, just then a whip went cracking and scathed her cheek. The contact of the leather whip on her skin left a wound and soon blood trickled down. Faster than the blink of an eye the whip cracked again, this time the whip went around Taeyeon’s neck. The leather whip began constricting her, tightening on her neck, making her gasp hard for air. The lack of oxygen began to take its toll on Taeyeon.

 

 

“! I think I’m gonna pass out.” Taeyeon thought as she groggily dropped down on one knee, her vision started to blur and she felt like a few seconds more she’s going to lose consciousness.

 

 

From a distance Taeyeon could make out the silhouette of the person who’s holding the whip. With a single eye open and her strength slowly fading, Taeyeon wasted no time and used her wrist blade to cut the whip.

 

 

Taeyeon coughs and gasps as the whip came off from her neck. She’s still practically on her knees and hasn’t recovered yet. Suddenly the person that attacked her with the whip charged at her and kicked her stomach. Taeyeon took the full brunt of the kick which caused her to fall back down on the sands of the arena.

 

 

“You ! You might have escaped earlier but this time I’m gonna kill you.” Taeyeon’s attacker straddled her and began choking her with his bare hands. Taeyeon struggled beneath her attacker.

 

 

The situation is getting too dangerous for Taeyeon’s comfort; her opponent kept choking her while banging her head against the sand. Taeyeon felt that she was going to pass out from the lack of oxygen, without any reservations or apprehensions Taeyeon stabbed the sides of her assailant, once, twice, thrice until the grip of the person choking her loosened. Taeyeon’s opponent fell down beside her. The man’s side was riddled with multiple stab wounds and blood began to ooze out of the wounds Taeyeon had just inflicted on him.

 

 

Taeyeon wobbly got up, she felt sick after taking a man’s life. She felt nauseous and vomited. There’s always a first time for everything that was one of the lines that Taeyeon would usually say but in this instance she never expected it at all. Taking another person’s life seemed like a far off and absurd idea, it was just unimaginable until awhile ago. Taeyeon got up and tried to regain her composure; she looked around and saw that there weren’t a lot people left standing on the sands of the arena. To the far right of her she could see that a man had just been cut in half by his opponent but not less than a few seconds after a woman snuck behind him and cleaved his neck, severing his jugular vein. He quickly fell down on the sand with his blood spilling on the sands like wine being offered to the Gods.

 

 

Taeyeon continued looking around only to see blood spewing all over the place, limbs, arms, heads and other body parts severed and strewn all over the sands of the arena. Taeyeon gripped her wrist blade tighter, just then something caught her eye, in a split second she saw someone swinging a huge axe at her head.

 

 

“Damn it! You were this close!” A man in mid thirties with spiky blonde hair chortled and gestured with his fingers that he was inches away from chopping off Taeyeon’s head.

 

 

Taeyeon managed to cartwheel out of harms way, she eyed the weird guy dressed in a black shirt that says ‘Punks Not Dead’ underneath a blue denim vest and a tight fitting blue denim jeans with holes and a pair combat boots. There was something in his eyes that gave the impression on Taeyeon that he was insane and has lost his mind.

 

 

“It’s not exactly a bad deal, owing a load of money to Mr. Kang.” The blonde punk held his axe over his shoulder. “After getting high on dope, I get to kill people and walk away scot-free.”

 

 

Taeyeon had cold sweats as she heard how seemingly casual all of this is for the blonde punk. She continued back away until she felt that she had nowhere else to go.

 

 

 

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon dared ask, though her mind was scrambling and she was thinking hard on what she was going to do.

 

 

“I’ve been in these sorts of tournaments countless times now.” The blonde punk casually swung down his axe when he came across a young man who was squirming and crawling on his belly. With a simple swing he severed the man’s head.

 

 

“You’re insane.” Taeyeon muttered, completely frightened by the sadistic smirk that appeared in the blonde punk’s face when he pulled up his axe and the blood off.

 

 

“HA HA HA HA HA!” the man lets out a sadistic and maniacal laugh that echoed through out the arena. “In case you haven’t noticed the rest of the world is insane, I’m just another guy enjoying what he does best!”

 

 

The punk charged at Taeyeon and quickly tried to strike her down with his axe. His wild swing missed as Taeyeon quickly jumped out of the way. He followed his attack by swinging his axe horizontally in Taeyeon’s direction but again missed.

 

 

“Oh, how amusing!” the punk said with evident bloodlust and malice in his voice. His mischievous smile served only to mask his intention to kill.

 

 

Taeyeon continued backing away from her opponent but she bumped into another competitor who was engaging his own opponent. Taeyeon startled the Chinese guy she bumped into. Just then the punk that was pursuing Taeyeon swung his axe, Taeyeon jumped out and rolled out of harms way. The punk’s axe dug into the back of the Chinese guy leaving the person the he was fighting in a state of shock.

 

 

“Oh! Another snack!” The punk pulled up his axe and jumped at the shocked woman. With an abrupt upward swing the punk’s axe cleaved the her in half.

 

 

Taeyeon watched in horror as blood and entrails spewed in all directions, the punk laughed viciously as he became covered in blood. He relished every drop that covered his skin while his eyes had a deadly and murderous gleam.

 

 

“I think this cat and mouse game has gone on long enough don’t you think?” The punk turned his attention back at Taeyeon. He quickly pursued her and took a swing at her.

 

 

Taeyeon easily avoided his attack but tripped on one of the bodies lying around the arena. She cussed and tried to get up but she was surprised when the punk took a swing at her again. Taeyeon managed to put up her wrist blades and block the attack. Taeyeon pushed him away and created an opening enough for her to slip away and stand up.

 

 

Taeyeon saw no point in dodging. She saw no point in running away. She stood her ground and decided to face her opponent head on. A smirk appeared on the punk’s face when he saw that Taeyeon went on a fighting stance.

 

 

“Got tired of running little girl?”

 

 

“Yeah” Taeyeon responded, a knowing smirk appeared on her face. “I don’t exactly have long legs so I at running.”

 

 

The punk grinned at Taeyeon’s snide reply. He pulled up his axe and planted his feet on the ground. The punk’s arms held the enormous battle axe at a striking position. He was ready to strike at Taeyeon like a rattlesnake coiled and primed to strike at his prey. Taeyeon tried to stay limber and not tense so much, if there’s one thing she knows best it’s that you can’t win by using brute force against brute force and in terms of strength she clearly knew she was outclassed by her opponent.

 

 

“Anytime now” Taeyeon taunted the punk.

 

 

Taeyeon and the punk were staring down at each other, reading every movement, every muscle contraction; they were waiting to see who would make the first move. Just as the fighting inside the arena started to dissipate, Taeyeon and the punk knew that they were the last competitors inside the arena. Beads of sweat started to appear on the punk’s forehead. A single drop of sweat ran down from his forehead and down the bridge of his nose. He was growing impatient, he never had the patience for such theatrics neither did he have enough sense to care about tactics.

 

 

“TAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!” with war cry the punk suddenly sprinted towards Taeyeon and with a quick jump he lifted the battleaxe over his shoulder and swings it horizontally.

 

 

Taeyeon thought of closing in on her opponent. Just as the axe was about to hit her she nimbly ducks down and lunges at the punk. Taeyeon managed to slip under her opponent leaving him completely defenseless as he continued swinging his heavy battleaxe.

 

 

“Hrraaahhh!!!!” Taeyeon yells as she struck her opponent’s leg, causing him to lose his footing. The wound Taeyeon inflicted began to bleed and the punk could barely pullback his axe in time to block Taeyeon’s next attack.

 

 

With a flurry Taeyeon began slashing the wounded man, twice in the stomach before ing her wrist blade at the punk’s left shoulder.

 

 

“AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!”

 

 

The punk screamed in pain as Taeyeon twisted the blade that was still buried in his shoulder. The blade hit the joint that connected the shoulder from the rest of the punk’s arm. Taeyeon continued twisting her blade, punk’s shoulder made cracking and snapping sounds as his shoulder had become dislocated. He continued to howl in pain as he lost full use of his left arm.

 

 

“ing ” he muttered and cursed as he had trouble holding on to his heavy weapon with his only remaining arm.

 

 

He tried to hold up his axe but his right arm could barely bring the heavy weapon over his head. He cursed and growled as he lost grip and dropped the heavy weapon.

 

 

“What are you waiting for little girl? An invitation to the buffet?” The punk made one final comment as he prepared himself for his inevitable demise. “Kill me already and get this over with!”

 

 

Taeyeon saw no fear of death in the eyes of her opponent; she could only see hatred and what seemed like a dark promise to meet her again in the pits of hell. Taeyeon hesitated no longer and quickly s her left wrist blade at his chest while her other wrist blade slit the punk’s throat.

 

 

Taeyeon stood alone in the middle of the arena; the crowd cheered and seems appeased at the spectacle that they had just witnessed. Taeyeon spat and started walking away towards the gate that began to open.  As she approached the gate she was stripped of her weapons and was escorted out of the arena as people with push carts came in and collected the severed body parts and corpses of the other combatants.

 


 

first off please allow me to apologize for updating just now, I'm a bit busy with something as me and my buddies are planning to start a business. keke

 

Anyhow hope you enjoy this one and I'll put up another update over the weekend. Thanks to my new subbies and thanks for leaving comments! ^_^

 

-AnDroGeNie-