Dark Eden 36

Dark Eden

Okay here's an update :3 hope you guys will let me know what you think, would really appreciate a comment hihi

 

 


 

 

 

The snow that continues to fall covers everything, hiding the cracks and pot holes from plain view. However, no matter how much snow covers these surfaces, they would always be there and it will only be a matter of time before things are uncovered.

 

 

For the past couple of weeks, Yonghwa has been on the run, running and hiding like a fox that is relentlessly chased by a pack of blood thirsty hounds.

 

 

His resources are low and he is already close to running out of places to hide. He barely has time to rest as he's always on his toes; Yonghwa is already close to becoming paranoid.

 

 

Since his hasty departure from his father's estate, Yonghwa tried to leak the information he's uncovered to various broadcasting companies but his father's influence seems to stretch far and wide. No one in the right mind would dare to cross him, not the most powerful man in all of Korea. 

 

 

Yonghwa had little to no option at all.

 

 

The setting sun marked the end of day, without any purpose or direction Yonghwa managed to drag himself right across the Kwon residence. As he stared at the front door, in his minds eye he replays the days he spent driving Seohyun back to her house.

 

 

“Hyunnie we’re here” Yonghwa whispered as he woke the sleeping girl up.

 

 

“O-oppa?” Seohyun opens her eyes and sees the boy leaning towards her, his face mere inches away from hers while his fingers brush the skin on her rosy cheeks.

 

 

“I’m sorry I fell asleep again oppa…” Seohyun mumbled bashfully, the close proximity between her and Yonghwa made her even more timid than usual.

 

 

Yonghwa smiled charmingly for the bashful girl, he let his fingers trace her cheeks and then down to her chin. Seohyun’s expectant eyes were on him, underneath her chest her heart palpitated at increasing speed. Their eyes met and in that moment while they looked into each other’s eyes, Yonghwa like a bee that draws nectar from a blossoming flower pressed his lips against Seohyun’s pout.

 

 

Those moments were precious, those days he spent with Seohyun were brighter than sunshine. But those sunny days have now been marred by days of thunder, Yonghwa wanted nothing else than going back to those days, go back to where he was happy, back to where he felt that he meant something to someone, someone who loved him.

 

 

“Hyunnie…” Yonghwa whispered to himself and was about to cross the street.

 

 

Before he could take a single step from the shadow of a tree he was standing behind of, he noticed a white van heading towards the direction of the Kwon residence. Yonghwa desisted from stepping out of the shadow of the tree and instead hid himself. As the van drew near, he recognized the van, he knew that it was the van Yuri owned. His eyes followed the vehicle until it pulled into the driveway of the Kwon residence.

 

 

The van’s front doors opened and from within them, Yuri came out from the driver’s side, from the passenger side, a short blonde girl whose unknown to Yonghwa came out. The van’s sliding door opened and with expectant eyes, he hoped he would get to see Seohyun. 

 

 

True enough, Seohyun was the first to step out, Yonghwa had the unstoppable urge to run and hug her but the moment he saw Seohyun stretching out her arms and assisting the second person that stepped off from the van, Yonghwa stopped himself from going any further.

 

 

“Y-Yoona…” He whispered to himself. 

 

 

Seeing Yoona, seeing how she could barely walk by herself, reminded Yonghwa of his father’s wrong doings. Seeing Yoona reminded him of how he chose to defend his father over Seohyun. Yonghwa regretted his decisions, he wanted the hands of time to turn back so he could take back everything he’s done but sadly such things were impossible and just can’t be done. He continued looking on as Seohyun and the rest of the girls went inside the house, a deep sense of longing and the unstoppable urge of seeing Seohyun’s face once again overtook Yonghwa’s apprehensions. 

 

 

He stepped out of the shadows and bravely crossed the street, he stood in front of the front door and was about to knock when suddenly the door opened.

 

 

“Yonghwa!” Seohyun exclaims as she was surprised to see him standing on the other side of the door.

 

 

“What are yo-”

 

 

“Hyunnie, I’m such a fool for not believing you” Yonghwa suddenly hugs her, Seohyun was caught off guard that she froze in the spot.

 

 

Seohyun had no clue what to do, yes its been awhile and even if she tried to hate him, Yonghwa is still the man she fell for, the man whom she thought of ever so fondly. Before anyone would notice Yonghwa, Seohyun abruptly closes the door and drags Yonghwa to the park near their home.

 

 

It didn't take long for Seo and Yonghwa to reach the park, all the while Seohyun hardly spoke. She was tight lipped and much to Yonghwa's disappointment, she hardly spoke until they reached the park and were safely out of sight from everyone.

 

 

"Hyunnie I-" before Yonghwa could lunge himself and hug Seohyun. She stopped him by pressing her palm against his chest.

 

 

For a moment Yonghwa was surprised, in his mind he would have been hugging Seohyun, begging her for forgiveness, he'd explain himself and get his girl back but that was only how he wanted things to happen.

 

 

The reality however could clearly be seen in Seohyun's face, the way her face expressed her internal conflict and how she resists Yonghwa's advances made it clear that she does not fully welcome his appearance. 

 

 

"Again Yonghwa... Why are you here?" 

 

 

"I-I... Hyunnie-" Yonghwa wanted to say how sorry he was, that if he could turn back the hands of time he would do things differently but before he could even explain himself...

 

 

He could see a group of men approaching them, Yonghwa didn't need to guess their identity or purpose. He knew who they are and what they are after. 

 

 

"! How did they get here?"

 

 

Yonghwa cursed his luck, he wanted to freak out but there was hardly any time for that.

 

 

Out of pure instinct he grabbed Seohyun's wrist and led her away from the men who immediately started chasing after them like a pack of blood thirsty hounds.

 

 


 

 

Short ragged breaths

 

 

Adrenaline racing through their veins and an unfathomable sense of dread could be seen on their faces yet it became even more evident on Yonghwa's face.

 

 

"Damn it! What was I thinking!" He cursed himself for putting Seohyun in danger.

 

 

Yonghwa dragged Seohyun on, the poor girl didn't try to wrench her wrist free from Yonghwa's grip. It became clear to Seohyun that they were in grave danger.

 

 

It wasn't the time or situation for a scene, adrenaline laced with fear pushed her legs to run even faster.

 

 

Seohyun from time to time tried to glance at their pursuers and it only scared her even more when she saw the men getting inside a black car.

 

 

Are they gonna run them over? She pondered to herself, in an instant the hair on the back of her neck stood up when she heard the sound of screeching tires.

 

 

The car's engine roared even louder at each passing second, Seohyun couldn't bring herself look back as she fears that she would easily lose her composure the moment she sees the car pursuing them with ravenous intent.

 

 

They continued running and not before long they were already out of the park and into the streets.

 

 

"C'mon we gotta cross the road!"

 

 

Blindly, Yonghwa and Seohyun crossed the busy street.

 

 

"Are you crazy!" Seohyun panicked and yelled when a passing car came within an inch of hitting her legs.

 

 

Yonghwa didn't reply, instead he glanced past Seohyun and looked for the black car that was following them.

 

 

The black car came in sight, it blindly crossed the road with the windows rolled down and armed men aimed their guns at every vehicle that threatened to block their way. 

 

 

Cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles swerved and fled left and right. A grenade launcher was fired at one of the cars that tried to get in the way and the resulting loud explosion scared off pedestrians and onlookers.  

 

 

The car bursts into flames and with a bump on the heaping wreck, the black car continued its relentless pursuit of Yonghwa and Seohyun.

 

 

They were chased down into the alleyways, and gaining on them fast.

 

 

Yonghwa's eyes darted left then right, he saw a narrow alleyway from the corner of his eye and right in the nick of time he hugs Seohyun and jumped towards the narrow alleyway.

 

 

A loud crashing sound could be heard and it was clear that the car rammed into a couple dumpsters then a brick wall.

 

 

"Are you alright?" He asked while checking Seohyun for injuries.

 

 

"I'm fine" Seohyun irately replied, she swatted Yonghwa's hands away and was clearly seething.

 

 

"What the hell! You show up on my front door and drag me into danger! What the hell!?!" 

 

 

A pregnant pause ensued as Seohyun glared at Yonghwa, the latter could only lower his head. He should've known better.

 

 

"Hyunnie..." He whispered to himself. Yonghwa never saw this side of Seohyun. He didn't like seeing her this way, stressed, angry and clearly scared to death.

 

 

"Did you just show up so you could drag me into this? Are you trying to get me run over like they did my unnie?!"

 

 

What Seohyun said, wounded the poor boy, he was already guilty and regretted his action.

 

 

"I'm sorry!" Yonghwa cried as he trapped Seohyun in his arms.

 

 

"Let me go!" She struggled and tried to break free, slamming her trembling fists against his chest.

 

 

"I'm sorry Hyunnie, I'm sorry!" He begged and held Seohyun tight.

 

 

"I shouldve known better, I should've believed you right from the start!" Hearing so much regret in Yonghwa's voice made Seohyun shed tears.

 

 

Her hands stopped hitting Yonghwa's chest, she encircled her arms around him and as they cried together as sleet and rain started to fall.

 

 

"Over here! It's Yonghwa he's in here!" A man in a black suit alerted his companions as he managed to spot Yonghwa.

 

 

The sudden rush of footsteps pitter pattering on the forming puddles of water alerted Yonghwa. He glanced towards the direction where the footsteps were coming from and immediately surrendered his fate.

 

 

But he never wanted Seohyun to share his fate

 

 

"Hyunnie..."

 

 

"Hyunnie... Listen to me you need to run now" Yonghwa instructed as Seohyun raised her head.

 

 

"Run while you still have the chance Hyunnie, I'll hold them off for as long as I could so please run" Yonghwa pleaded as he disentangled himself from Seohyun's embrace.

 

 

"Y-Yonghwa please... We could still run... We could still--"

 

 

Before Seohyun could continue to insist that they could still escape this cruel fate, Yonghwa presses his lips against Seohyun's lips.

 

 

She was stunned yet soon responded to his kiss. Tears rolled down Seohyun's already red and glossy eyes, when their kiss ended, Yonghwa looked at her tenderly.

 

 

He didn't say it but the way he looked at her made it clear that he was telling her 

 

 

farewell my love... I'm sorry

 

 

Yonghwa held both of Seohyun's hands, he kissed both of them then took something out from his pocket. It was his flash drive, he placed it Seohyun's hands and made sure that she held it tight.

 

 

"Let them know, let the world know what kind of man my father is..." Yonghwa whispered as he lets go of Seohyun's hands.

 

 

Seohyun could only cry as Yonghwa sported that charming smile one last time that always took her breath away. He stepped back and rushed his father's men. He threw punches and kicks, fighting them off valiantly as best as he could. Seohyun began retreating as she fought off the urge to glance over her shoulder and look at her lover's plight. 

 

 

Her breath hitched and her feet froze when one of the men blindsided Yonghwa. A hammer fist to the back of his neck sent him staggering. They quickly restrained him and began beating him down like a pack of merciless hyenas crowding over a wounded gazelle.

 

 

In a matter seconds Yonghwa was decimated, he was on the ground bleeding and hurt all over. Seohyun was already standing from a safe distance yet she was unwilling to move.

 

 

She looked on as the men that surrounded Yonghwa cleared a path. Seohyun saw two figures enter the space, a skinny man holding an umbrella over a huge man in a fur lined trench coat with a fedora hat over his head. She didn't need to guess who the stocky looking man is.

 

 

It was no other than Kang Ho Dong.

 

 

"You!" a hard slap sent Yonghwa to the ground.

 

 You have some nerve betraying me! My own flesh and blood, betraying me because of some girl!" Kang spat as he kicked Yonghwa in the stomach.

 

 

A couple of Kang's henchmen grabbed Yonghwa and made him kneel in front of Kang.

 

 

"You're really like your mother, you never understood me and so you decided to leave and betray me like she did." Kang mirthlessly lamented while pulling out a gun from inside his trench coat.

 

 

Seohyun's breath hitches and her heart stopped beating when she sees Kang pointing his gun on Yonghwa's head.

 

 

"I never thought the day would come where I have to kill my own son." Kang mirthlessly stated, the cold barrel of his chrome plated gun pressed against Yonghwa's forehead.

 

 

Yonghwa looked at his father with one good eye, he wasn't scared nor sad that his life would come to an end. He wasn't angry that his life would end at his father's hands. What he felt was that he's become callused, numb and too tired to feel an ounce of pain or regret for his untimely end.

 

 

"Se...Seohyun...ah..." Yonghwa whispered to himself as he pictured Seohyun smiling sweetly, it was his very last words before the trigger was squeezed.

 

 

Bang! 

 

 

A lone gunshot echoed in the gloomy air, Yonghwa began to titter tatter before falling face down, his blood began to mix with the tears that came from the dark and gloomy heavens.