Dark Eden 3

Dark Eden

 


 

 

Taeyeon entered the apartment. The lights on the living room, and kitchen were ; however there was no sign of her parents or Hayeon. She carefully looked around for signs of an intruder but found none. She thought that she could find traces of someone breaking in but found nothing, the door of the apartment was not busted open and everything in the apartment appeared to be in order. Taeyeon felt cold sweats forming at the back of her neck; she felt that something terrible happened to her family. She rushed to her parents’ room, only to find that they weren’t there.

 

 

“! Where could they be?” Taeyeon gritted her teeth and panicked, she’s completely fear stricken. She started running towards her room but found no one.

 

 

“Umma? Appa? Hayeonie?” She yelled, hoping that her parents and sister were somewhere in the apartment secretly hiding to surprise her.

 

 

Taeyeon found only one room that her parents could possibly be in. She thought that her parents were in Hayeon’s room along with her sister however something just doesn’t seem to add up. Why are all the lights ? Why was the door left open? It just didn’t make sense, nothing made sense. Taeyeon was about to reach for the door knob when suddenly the door to Hayeon’s room opened.

 

 

“Umma! Appa! Hayeon!” Taeyeon screamed as she laid eyes on her family, lying dead on the floor. She saw Hayeon lying next to her mother and her dad face down on the floor, his arm desperately reaching for his wife and daughter.

 

 

Taeyeon was still screaming hysterically when suddenly someone came behind her and hit the back of her neck. She was knocked unconscious and her body dropped like a rock on the floor.

 

 


 

 

“Mmmm…” Taeyeon groaned and felt great discomfort at the back of her neck. She opened her eyes but her vision was still blurry. She blinked a couple of times and slowly sat up from the prison style bunk bed. “Aghh… my neck! What the happened?”

 

 

“Taeng!” Sooyoung had tears in her eyes and hugged Taeyeon, she was so worried when she woke up and saw Taeyeon unconscious. “Taengoo! T-They killed them! They ing killed my family!”

 

 

Before Taeyeon could say anything, she was completely shocked with what Sooyoung had just told her. She feared for the worst as she recalled what happened before she was knocked unconscious. Flashes of that eventful evening came to Taeyeon, she remembered coming into her apartment and finding her parents and her sister dead, drenched in their pool of blood. Taeyeon slowly cried as she hugged Sooyoung back.

 

 

“Soo! t-they killed my family too…” Taeyeon weakly said in between her sobs. Sooyoung cried harder and hugged Taeyeon tighter the moment she heard and realized what Taeyeon had just told her.

 

 

It was a cruel fate that she shared with Taeyeon or at least that’s what Sooyoung thought however things were about to turn for the worst. She and Taeyeon were still crying when the metal door to their room opened.

 

 

“Ahhh… fresh meat! Fufufufu~! This would be fun!” A man wearing a black suit and a pair of round glasses chuckled grimly when he saw the two newcomers.

 

He snapped his fingers and two burly goons came in and grabbed Taeyeon and Sooyoung. Sooyoung tried her best not to let go of Taeyeon’s hand however the two men separated them from each other.

 

 

“Taeyeon ah!” Sooyoung screamed as Taeyeon was carried out of the room.

 

 

“S-Sooyoung!” Taeyeon kicked and screamed with tears still streaming down her eyes. She’s never known fear like what she felt at that instance.

 

 

Taeyeon was taken to a room where others were also held captive, there were about 18 other people inside the big room, and there was nothing else in the room except a big TV screen showing a live feed of what appears to be an arena surrounded by a steel cage with sharp spikes lining the inner wall of the cage. There were also various swords, axes, spears, shields and countless other weapons of unknown shape and origin inside the huge cage. Taeyeon had a stark realization of what her fate was going to be. She couldn’t help but grit her teeth and clench her hands into a fist. She knows too well that by the looks of things she’s in an underground death match.

 

 

Just when she thought things wouldn’t get any worse, something got her attention. On the TV screen she saw the huge gate open, her eyes popped out when a group of men and women were led in to the arena and what surprised her even more was when she saw Sooyoung coming inside the arena among those groups of people.

 

 

“! Sooyoung! No!” Taeyeon muttered as she started to cry once again. She covered with her hand and muffled her sobs as she watched Sooyoung on the TV. Taeyeon was scared for Sooyoung; she silently prayed that Sooyoung would make it out alive.

 

 


 

 

Sooyoung looked around the steel cage, it was quite huge, and the steel cage looked almost as wide as a basketball court. Sooyoung saw countless weapons around her; she knew that things would turn out badly one way or another. She was scared just like the other men and women who were also led into the arena.

 

 

“If you still want to leave this place alive then you must survive, there’s only one way for you to earn your freedom Win or Die!” Sooyoung gulped a lump down ; fear had completely taken hold of her but at the same time her primal instincts started to take over.

 

 

“Die! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

 

 

Suddenly there was screaming, and sounds of metal clashing with steel, flesh and bone filled the arena. The crowd of spectators erupted into cheers as a full blown bloodbath ensued inside the steel cage.

 

 

Sooyoung looked all around as men and women began to fall one after the other. Her hands trembled and her knees grew weak, Sooyoung panicked and started looking around for a suitable weapon to defend herself with.

 

 

“! Die!” A man who was desperate to stay alive struck Sooyoung’s back with a wooden maul. Sooyoung groaned and fell down to the ground grimacing in pain.

 

 

Sooyoung crawled on her belly as the man stalked her and was reeling in his weapon; he’s prepared to end Sooyoung’s life by crushing her skull with his wooden maul.

 

 

“Any last words before you depart this world !?” Sooyoung continued crawling, her eyes darted left and right still looking for something she could use to kill the person who was trying to kill her.

 

 

“Yeah, I do…” Sooyoung saw a spear concealed beneath the lifeless corpse of a young woman.

 

 

“Go to hell motherer!!”

 

 

Sooyoung acted quickly, she grabbed the spear and s it squarely on the man’s stomach. The man had his maul over his head, he was ready to kill Sooyoung but he could barely do anything except watch as things happened way too fast, Sooyoung was simply quicker and she caught him off guard.

 

 

Sooyoung’s hands trembled; it’s the first time that she’s killed anyone, man or woman. She didn’t wish for this, who would want to take another person’s life? Sooyoung let’s go of the spear in her hands and slowly stood up. The man lifelessly fell to the floor with the spear sticking out of his stomach. Sooyoung looked around and only a few more were left, 5 men and 3 women including herself. 

 

 

Sooyoung pulled out the spear from the man she had just killed, being unarmed would be most unfavorable when everyone else intended to kill each other just to survive this hell hole. Her hands clutched her spear tight; she looked left and right and saw that the other participants had started to engage one another. Suddenly a woman armed with a pair of swords came at her, her blades cutting through nothing but air as Sooyoung quickly dodged her attack.

 

 

Sooyoung raised her weapon as she tries to deter, if not fend off any attack that the unknown attacker might make. Soo's eyes followed her enemy's every movement.

 

 

"Huaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!" the woman charged Sooyoung and let’s out a flurry of strikes and swings.

 

 

The woman's attack was furious and blindingly fast. Sooyoung could barely keep up and dodge the deadly barrage. Sooyoung ducked and sidestepped, however one of the woman's attacks drew blood, Sooyoung was barely able to step back when one of the blades dangerously scraped Sooyoung's neck.

 

 

"Damn it! That was dangerously close" Sooyoung felt the stinging sensation caused by the small cut.

 

 

Blood slowly started trickle down from Sooyoung's neck, then she realized that she's being driven to a corner. Sooyoung knew that if she didn't act fast she's ultimately going to get killed. Sooyoung tried to block her enemy's attack and push her off by jabbing her spear towards her opponent. Soo was able to make her back off but her opponent started to attack once again.

 

 

Soo thought of waiting for the perfect moment to strike. She stayed on her toes and waited for the precise moment to strike. Her opponent psyche's herself up, she had every intention to kill Sooyoung and ultimately survive this game of death. She lunges at Sooyoung, Soo tried striking her opponent down with her spear however her opponent was as nimble as a cat. She easily ducked before lunging again at Sooyoung as her arms were already outstretched and poised to strike. Sooyoung saw an opening and quickly reeled in her spear.

 

 

"Grraaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!" The woman growls as she savagely swings her swords. Sooyoung met her head on.

 

 

Before the woman’s swords could even get near her, Sooyoung held her spear in an upright position. The two blades struck the upright spear in a scissor like motion, the resulting recoil shocked Sooyoung’s opponent. Using her right leg Sooyoung kicked the woman in the stomach. The woman lurched and grimaced in pain; Sooyoung quickly reeled in her spear and drove it against the woman’s abdomen, impaling her until the tip of the spear made an exit wound on her back. The woman fell on her back and Sooyoung used her right foot as leverage as she pulled out the spear from the woman’s abdomen.

 

 

 

Suddenly the sound of steel cleaving flesh filled Sooyoung’s ears as she felt a sudden burning pain on her back.

 

 


 

 

“AAahhhh!!!!” Soooyoung howled in pain when she got slashed in the back. The wound on her back wasn’t quite severe, however it bothered Sooyoung. The pain became unbearable and she was losing blood.

 

 

Sooyoung looked around and found that there wasn’t anyone else left in the cage; just her and her new opponent. A young bald headed man in his twenties attacked Sooyoung with a katana. The blade still dripped with Sooyoung’s blood. The man slowly approached Sooyoung with his left hand tightly gripping his weapon. Sooyoung slowly gathered her composure and puts up her guard.

 

 

Sooyoung felt greatly uncomfortable and she felt that she was getting weaker by each passing second. Sooyoung gripped her spear tight; her arms trembled as she tried to hold on to the spear. Her opponent continued approaching her, suddenly he dashed towards Sooyoung, he brought his sword upward and was gonna strike Sooyoung down. Sooyoung could barely move, she’s in so much pain that all she could do was try and block the attack.

 

“HAAaaahhhhhhH!!!!” The man roared as he swung his blade downwards. Sooyoung tried to block it with her spear however her spear was cut in half.

 

Sooyoung stumbled down on the ground with the broken spear in her hands. Sooyoung felt that she would die at the hands of her current opponent. She tried to back away but there was little she could do.

 

“There’s no escape for you now, it’s such a shame to kill someone as pretty as you but I need to survive.” The man continued moving closer towards Sooyoung. In an attempt to fight for her life; Sooyoung stood up and tried to attack her opponent by stabbing the spearhead on his chest.

 

 

Sooyoung growled as she lunges at her opponent, however he sidestepped and slashed one of her legs. Sooyoung fell to the ground face first grimacing at the pain coming from her leg. The man kicked away the spearhead from Sooyoung’s right hand and for good measure kicked Sooyoung in the stomach.

 

 

Sooyoung rolled to her back and feared for the worst, her opponent saw how helpless Sooyoung appeared to be. He kicked her in the stomach one more time and stomped on the wounded leg.

 

 

“GyaaaaaHHHh!!!!” Sooyoung lets out a bloodcurdling scream of pain. Extreme discomfort could be seen on her face as her wounded leg bled profusely. Her opponent sadistically smirked. He stepped on Sooyoung’s neck and raised his katana over his head. He pointed the blade downwards and was about to plunge it in Sooyoung’s chest.

 

 

Sooyoung still had in her other hand the handle of her broken spear. With nothing else to lose she placed her hopes on one final attack to kill the man. Sooyoung continued playing possum; she bore with the pain being inflicted upon her and waited for an opening. Sooyoung could clearly see that her opponent’s crotch was in her line of sight. She saw an opening and continued biding her time.

 

 

The man relished the noisy cheers of the crowd that eagerly waited for him to kill Sooyoung. He had grown arrogant; he didn’t think that Sooyoung still intended to kill him.

 

 

“Die Dickface! Huuaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!” Sooyoung fiercely stabbed her opponent’s crotch with her spear handle. The jagged piece of wood pierced the man’s pants and the man’s pelvis as he lets out a hellish scream of pain.

 

 

The ending was unexpected and the crowd loved how it turned out. Sooyoung gingerly got up on her own two feet. The bright lights and the cheering crowd made her look in different directions. She found herself to be the only survivor in the arena; shortly two men came in and escorted her out of the arena. Other people came in and cleared the arena of the dead bodies of the previous participants.

 


 

An update! Please leave some comments guys ^_^

 

Thanks for reading and subscribing ^_^

 

-AnDroGeNie-