Dark Eden 23

Dark Eden

 

 

 

Seohyun sat on her bed, partly anxious and reluctant to hear her older sister’s words. She began to wonder what are the things that Yuri would reveal to her and more importantly how does Yonghwa or his father fit into this? She had many questions yet little does she know that what Yuri would tell her would break her heart ten fold.

 

 

“Unnie…”

 

 

“Seo, I know you always wondered why we never told you anything about Yoona’s accident right?” Yuri began, she bit her lip and hesitated to go any further.

 

 

“Yes unnie, I do… I still actually wonder about it… but what does it have to do with Yonghwa or his father?” evident confusion displayed on Seohyun’s face, she still has no clue or any idea where Yuri was going with this conversation they were having.

 

 

“Seo, the night Yoona got into that accident was also the night that Taeyeon and her bestfriend were abducted. But before they were abducted, those people killed their families.”

 

 

“Unnie… I still don’t understand… where are you going with this?” Seohyun scrunched her eyebrows; she still couldn’t grasp things fully. She couldn’t hide her confusion and her worry.

 

 

“Seo, that car that ran over Yoona, it was the car that those people used when they fled from Taeyeon’s place. They nearly got all of us killed because they were in a hurry leave the area. Taeyeon, she was inside that car Seo, they were fleeing in a hurry because they abducted her.”

 

 

Seohyun became silent; Yuri moved closer to her younger sister and held her shoulders.

 

 

“Hyunnie, those people that took Taeyeon and ran over Yoona, they are Kang Ho Dong’s men.”

 

 

“No… can’t be… no… unnie you’re kidding right?” Seohyun’s disbelief became evident.

 

 

“Unnie, maybe this is a mistake, maybe the car got stolen… maybe those people acted on their own…” Yuri sighed and saw just how her youngest sister still struggle with everything she had told her.

 

 

Yuri briefly left Seohyun and went to her room to get something, she left the youngest Kwon contemplating and struggling with her thoughts. When she got back Yuri had a folder in her hands, Seohyun eyed the folder cautiously, her hands clenched shut and she could only guess what the contents of the folder were. Yuri sat beside her younger sister and handed the folder, Seohyun gingerly received the folder. Her hands kept shaking as she opened the folder and read the documents within it.

 

 

“Kang Ho Dong asked the officer that looked into Yoona’s case to cover up everything. But officer Shin… he was a good man and a good cop, he secretly gave me that report despite knowing the dangers.” Yuri looked up at the ceiling and recalled those countless times she went to the police station and how she lost hope but in the end, officer Shin ultimately risked his life by telling the truth.

 

 

Seohyun read the documents; at every page she learns more details surrounding the events of that evening. Her hope that this was all a mistake turned out to be wrong, the truth was staring at her face. But the truth is often times the hardest thing to accept, sometimes learning the truth hurts more than the lies. In this case, Seohyun was no exception. She learned of Yonghwa’s lies and now she knows the truth regarding her older sister’s accident.

 

 

Yuri kept her eye at her sister who was reading the document in her hands, but soon she begins to hear whimpers and could see tear drops falling on the document. Yuri became alarmed, she nudged Seohyun’s shoulder but girl simply cries harder and leans into Yuri. Her sister’s sorry state made Yuri hug her, she consoled Seohyun who’s now in pain because of what she had learned.

 

 

“Unnie… w-what should I do? Ottoke?”  Seohyun asked desperately as she wailed in Yuri’s arms.

 

 

“Give yourself some time Hyunnie, I know it’s hard to take it all in but give yourself some time.” Yuri replied as she ran her fingers through Seohyun’s hair.

 

 

“What about Yonghwa? Unnie, I-I love him but what should I do unnie? He lied to me, to us. And now… I just learned that his father… he…” Seohyun’s become an emotional mess, the thoughts that clouded her mind made her head hurt and simply overwhelmed her as she continued uncontrollably outpouring her bottled up emotions.

 

 

“Ssshhh… give yourself some time Hyunnie, right now you’re hurting. Give yourself time to heal and when you’re ready talk to him.” Yuri continued soothing her sister’s pain.

 

 

This was one of the things that Yuri feared when she and Jessica decided to keep Seohyun in the dark about Yoona’s accident. In hindsight they wanted to protect her and not get Seohyun involved with what they planned to do. They wanted to protect Seohyun from the pain but now, that pain has been compounded and amplified because of Seohyun’s relationship with Yonghwa. Yuri never thought that things would escalate into this, she never thought that things would get this complicated but little did she know that worse has yet to come.

 

 


 

 

Seohyun cried herself to sleep, as she slowly succumbed to exhaustion, Yuri carefully tucked her in and left. She went to her room going through her morning routine of taking a bath and dressing up for work. Garbed in her usual work outfit of a long-sleeved buttoned shirt with the sleeves rolled to her elbow and a pair of boot cut denim pants, Yuri exited her room and made her way downstairs. She thought she’d find Taeyeon and Tiffany sleeping in the couch but to her surprise, the living room was empty.

 

 

“Hey Yul! Want some breakfast?” Taeyeon offered as she cooked up a storm inside the kitchen.

 

 

Tiffany has been backhugging her as the girl simply refused to be separated from her. Yuri walked in and was surprised at the scene, she decided to remain quiet and not tease the shorter girl busily cooking their breakfast. Shortly after she was done cooking, Taeyeon served their breakfast.

 

 

“Breakfast is served!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she sat down with Tiffany sitting next to her. The two were sitting across from Yuri, who just grinned like a creeper.

 

 

“Sooooo… Taengoo yah… mind telling me anything…?” Yuri teasingly asked. The three of them were already in the middle of their breakfast, Taeyeon nearly choked on the scrambled eggs she was eating. She was caught off guard by Yuri’s playful question. Tiffany nearly panicked seeing Taeyeon choke and quickly handed the shorter girl her cup of coffee.

 

 

“A-ah, n-nothing y-you know… same old same old… life is peachy!” Taeyeon nervously answered, completely incoherent and without any sense. Her dorky side is always evident whenever she’s flustered but this was a whole new level of dorkiness that Yuri has never witnessed from her.

 

 

“Anyway, Yuri ahm… have you met Tiffany? I believe you guys haven’t been properly introduced” Taeyeon was obviously riddled with utter nervousness and her every word or simple gesture showed her awkwardness which easily elicited laughter from Yuri.

 

 

“Yuri”

 

 

“Tiffany”

 

 

Taeyeon pointed to Yuri then Tiffany and then vice versa. The girls shook hands as the dork continued introducing them to each other.

 

 

“Tiffany”

 

 

“Yuri”

 

 

“Tiffany, this is my friend Yuri, she owns Garden of Eden, you know that café I’m working in. Oh and she has two younger sisters’ Yoona and Seohyun.” Tiffany nodded but Taeyeon was far from done, she continued talking rapidly.

 

 

“Yuri, this is Tiffany, you know Prosecutor Hwang, she regularly eats at the café and oh! She appeared on that news program a couple of weeks ago, remember? She was even interviewed by your admirer Soonkyu ssi—” Taeyeon was about to continue hyperactively talking but Yuri abruptly asked a question.

 

 

“So is she your girlfriend now Tae?”

 

 

“Yeah, she is— no— she— I mean we— ah… fine… yes!” Taeyeon failed to realize the question thrown at her, she absentmindedly answered Yuri’s question only to profusely try to deny but admits that Tiffany is her girlfriend. The said girl could only blush and hide her blushing face.

 

 


 

 

Breakfast was a mad affair but Yuri had to leave earlier than usual as she had to make a stop at her friend Eddie’s to check on her motorcycle.

 

 

“Bye Tae, Fany ah, I’ll see you guys later okay?” Yuri hollered as she went towards the front door.

 

 

“Hey, the café doesn’t open until 9. Why are you in a hurry? It’s still pretty early Yul.”

 

 

“Yeah, I know but I still have to drop by at Eddie’s. I hope I’d be able to pick up my bike today.” Yuri replied to Taeyeon’s question. The latter was in the living room, watching some random program on the TV. Yuri gave Taeyeon the day off so that she could take care of Tiffany and look after Seohyun.

 

 


 

 

Yuri was on her way to Eddie’s when she bumped into a certain auburn haired girl.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was—”

 

 

“Yuri ah!” she showed her eye smile as she quickly recognized Yuri.

 


 

Oh dear who could that be?

thanks everyone for the support, gosh it's July and on the 19th will be exactly a year since I joined AFF.

 

-AnDroGeNie-