Dark Eden 7

Dark Eden

 


 

 

Sooyoung continued walking into the arena; her head bowed down in an attempt to hide her tears that started fall the moment she heard Taeyeon's name. Taeyeon for her part stood unflinching in the middle of the arena, part of her psyche wanted to deny everything that's happening right now. She wanted to wake up from what is slowly shaping up to be a nightmare that would haunt her for the rest of her life.

 

 

Sooyoung finally stood a few feet away from Taeyeon, she purposely kept her distance for Sooyoung knew that if she stood any closer to Taeyeon her tears would never stop falling.

 

 

"Taengoo..." Sooyoung called out but Taeyeon didn't seem to hear her or acknowledge her.

 

 

Sooyoung continued calling out to Taeyeon, but the latter's mind seems to be elsewhere. Sooyoung knew that the situation was hard and impossible to escape from. Funny how fate twists and turns, people and their destiny even if interwoven intricately is as delicate and fragile as porcelain. It's simply cruel to think that it takes Sooyoung the point of certain death to confess her love only to have it snuffed like a candle in the wind. Sooyoung closed her eyes, and clenched her fist as her other hand clutched the handle of the broadsword tighter. Her tight grip caused her knuckles to turn white, however a sense of urgency stirred within Sooyoung causing her to do the unthinkable.

 

 

"Taengoo... I'm sorry..." Sooyoung thought before she abruptly punched Taeyeon in the cheek, the latter was quite shocked that the punch Sooyoung gave her caused her to hit the ground.

 

 

"Ugghh..." Taeyeon squirmed around in the ground, groaning in pain. She slowly got up and massaged the cheek that Sooyoung just punched.

 

 

Groggily Taeyeon got up, she tried to look at Sooyoung hoping to understand why? But Sooyoung didn't dare to look Taeyeon in the eye, the latter tried to come closer to Sooyoung but to her surprise Sooyoung swings her sword. Sooyoung missed as Taeyeon quickly stepped back and went into a fighting stance. Confusion could be seen in Taeyeon's face as Sooyoung pulled up her sword and clutched it with both of her hands. Even if she tried Taeyeon could never understand whats going on inside Sooyoung's mind. Taeyeon's tears threatened to fall once again when she sees Sooyoung is indeed going to fight her.

 

 

"Soo... Don't do this... Please..." Taeyeon begged and hoped to talk to Sooyoung but the latter seems to be uninterested. Sooyoung lunged Taeyeon again. She brought the blade of the sword to the ground and swung it up with so much force that despite Taeyeon's effort to block the attack with her wristblades, she was sent flying to the ground.

 

 

"Fight me! Or would you rather have both of us die!" Sooyoung lashed out, her voice filled with obvious despair. Taeyeon digs her fingers into the sand, frustration slowly sinking in.

 

 

Taeyeon slowly stood up with tears in her eyes and a bitter tasting truth stuck in the back of as she knew that the daunting reality is inescapable. Only one of them was going to walk out of this alive, it's either Sooyoung or herself. Sooyoung stood a few feet away from Taeyeon, watching her in silence yet already prepared and resigned to her fate. Taeyeon wiped her tears away and met Sooyoungs gaze, with their eyes they communicated. Silently Taeyeon and Sooyoung bid their sad good byes and with a subtle smile they begin a deadly dance as fate plays a bittersweet symphony that will only end when one of them falls.

 

 

Sooyoung makes the first move, she dashed towards Taeyeon and when she was at striking distance she jumped through the air and pulled her sword over her head with both hands. Taeyeon looked up only to find Sooyoung slamming her sword's edge downward. Taeyeon was nearly unable to dodge Sooyoung's attack. The crowd gasped as Taeyeon narrowly escaped getting chopped in half, had she been a second slower she would have met her demise.

 

 

Sooyoung continued to be on the offensive while Taeyeon tried to stay on her toes and avoid Sooyoung's attacks. Everytime Sooyoung attacks, Taeyeon would try to counterattack but Sooyoung was no push over and her strength and height played to her advantage. Sooyoung's long arms and her sword made things difficult for Taeyeon. She couldn't come close enough to make her attacks land on Sooyoung.

 

 

The sound of steel clashing with steel filled the arena, Sooyoung swings left and right but Taeyeon would block or dodge the attacks. Taeyeon continued dodging and parrying every single attack until she was caught off guard when Sooyoung followed an upward slash aimed at Taeyeon's chest with a front kick that landed squarely on her gut. The kick didn't have enough force to knock Taeyeon down but it was enough that she staggered and nearly lost her balance. The crowd watched eagerly as they were expecting a fatal ending.

 

 

"RUAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Sooyoung roared and took a powerful swing at Taeyeon. The latter managed to block the attack but the force of Sooyoung's swing sent Taeyeon flying a few meters away and also broke Taeyeon's left wristblade along with her forearm.

 

 

Taeyeon hits the ground hard tumbling and rolling, she clutched her left forearm and seems to have lost any use for it. Taeyeon propped herself up with her good hand grimacing in pain as she slowly stood up she saw Sooyoung standing still.

 

 

"Let's end this right now Taengoo." Sooyoung held her sword with both of her hands, she pulled the sword to her right side and planted both of her feet on the ground.

 

 

"Yeah... My forearm's all busted up and I'm sore all over. Let's end this now Choi Sooyoung." Taeyeon took a deep breath and blinked a couple of times, she tried to fight off her tears. As the inevitable end of her time on earth had come.

 

 

Taeyeon with only one good arm charged at Sooyoung, the latter remained rooted in her position. Taeyeon snarled and growled as she came within striking distance of Sooyoung. Sooyoung pretended to take a swing at Taeyeon with her broadsword but as she begins to swing her weapon she purposely let her weapon slip from her hands. Taeyeon was about to jab Sooyoung with her wristblade as she saw Sooyoung's oncoming attack.

 

 

However, Taeyeon didn't notice Sooyoung had lost her weapon she only noticed when her wristblade pierced Sooyoung's chest as Sooyoung's arms found their way on Taeyeon's shoulder. With both of Sooyoung arms draped around Taeyeon's shoulder and the full weight of Sooyoung slammed against her, Taeyeon fell on her back with Sooyoung on top of her.

 

 

"Soo..." Taeyeon weakly called out as she remained perfectly still with Sooyoung on top of her.

 

 

"Taengoo... S-sorry about the arm... It wasn't part of my plan..." Taeyeon begins to cry as Sooyoung gasped as she tried to talk to her for the very last time.

 

 

"Pabo..." Taeyeon whispered weakly and started to cry harder as she leaned her forehead on Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

 

"I could never hurt you Taengoo..." Sooyoung continued to talk as she felt that she's at the end of her rope. She took one final breath and whispered to Taeyeon her final words. " I love you too much... I'd willingly choose to die if it means saving your life."

 

 

"Saranghe... Kim... Tae...yeon..."

 

 

Taeyeon hugged Sooyoung with her right hand, she cried tears of sorrow and regret. Sorrow for losing her best friend and first love, regret for not being able to return her love and tell her how much she loved her.

 

 

" Choi Sooyoung... saranghe..."

 

 

Taeyeon cried tears of immeasurable sorrow, the pain she feels all through out her body pales in comparison to the pain within her heart. She continued to wail and her cries of pain and loss are the only things she hears. Slowly the blinding lights of the arena starts to blur and the only thing that goes through her ears is white noise. One by one her senses fails her, she slowly feels her consciousness slipping away and with her last ounce of strength she caressed Sooyoung pale cheeks and laid one last kiss on her forehead.

 


 

Hey everyone here's an update as promised!

I apologize if it took a bit longer than expected. I had to read this particular chapter over and over to see if it was up to par with what I had in mind. I thought I should just alot this entire chapter to SooTae. Since I'm "axeing" Sooyoung. Don't hate me Sooyoungsters~! Mianhe! *bows 90 degrees and runs like a ninja!*

 

-AnDroGeNie-